[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon Sun & Moon Q&A General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 366
Thread images: 39

File: image.png (2MB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1280x905px
Couldn't find a recent one of these, let's start a new one.

My own questions:
1. Where do I get the fishing rod?
2. When can I access wonder trade and other PGL features?
3. When will actual humans on wi-fi start coming to my Festival Plaza and not just the same generic NPCs?
>>
Bump, or someone re-direct me to the existing thread (which there isn't)
>>
File: image.gif (202KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
202KB, 500x404px
>>
File: image.jpg (198KB, 989x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198KB, 989x1000px
>>
>>30133683
After Water trial.
Click on festival plaza.
They do rather quickly.

When's the soonest you can find an ice stone?
>>
Is there a list of all the Pokedex request NPCs? The ones that give you money if you catch a specific Pokemon and show their dex entry to them.
>>
for anyone who used salamence in their story run, what was the moveset you ended up using for him? what was most effective?
>>
With how the EXP share works, if I battle with a traded Pokemon and get boosted EXP from that, does the EXP share give more to the other pokemon on my team as well?
>>
Where can I access the PSS.
>>
>>30134634
there is no pss in this game, it is the festival plaza that replaces it
>>
I'm on poni island fishing for dhelmise when I find a lv37 dratini which when weakened has called for a lv17 dragonite for help. This seems to be lv10 salamence tier especially when the standard pokemon level here is ~57. Is this meant to be possible?
>>
Kind of wish that the XP share came in two varieties. Like, classic would be a held item that shared XP between the pokemon that participated in the battle and the one that is holding the item only, and then the "advanced" that split it between the team. I kept the XP share on until Abra evolved, then I turned it off, and the game was still a decent challenge.
>>
How many chances do you get at the ultra beasts? Like on phemerosa it says there are 4, does that mean I can potentially catch 4 different natures to use or is it just some kind of trick and its 1 per game?
>>
what are the restrictions for battle tree? Can I use lunala and ultra beasts?
>>
>Some guy in Route 8 Pokemon Center tells me to catch a Comfey
>Spend ages looking for one
>Finally catch one, put it at the front of my party and talk to the guy
>Get nothing
>>
File: 1453262556974.png (314KB, 1095x719px) Image search: [Google]
1453262556974.png
314KB, 1095x719px
I've been chaining Vulpix for over an hour and not a single one has summoned Hail

Am I just incredibly unlucky or this not how it works?
>>
>>30134905
Exactly as they said it, ifferent natures too so you can reroll if ever you didn't get the nature desired after you catch all of them
>>
>cosmoem weighs 1000kg
gamefreak really didn't think it through when Lillie put it in her bag, did they
>>
What's the best place/way to hatch eggs?
>>
Where are Thunderbolt and Surf?
>>
just got Pinsir. wat do ?
use or trade ?
>>
can I capture the tapus and the ultra beasts?

when do I get a mega ring?

and finally: where can I become a pokemon to be protected and loved by lusamine?
>>
>>30135152
>can I capture the tapus and the ultra beasts?
post-game
>when do I get a mega ring?
post-game
>>
>>30135102
both on the fourth island. surf is found after fighting two ladies on the far right side of the island. thunderbolt is in poni path or great poni canyon.
>>
What are some good moves Staryu/mie can learn?
>>
Anyone have the list with all of the QR codes on it?
>>
>>30135209
psychic
ice beam
shadow ball
flash cannon
scald
dazzling gleam

starmie is a god
>>
File: 1340715791465.jpg (65KB, 418x359px) Image search: [Google]
1340715791465.jpg
65KB, 418x359px
Is the elite 4 the best leveling spot?

Also fuck getting 30 shard for a bottle cap when it take 20 hours to get like 2-3 bottle cap of a random color.
>>
>>30134932
Do I really get nothing for all the time I spent finding this Comfey?
>>
Would anyone mind posting a basic competitive team? Or tips on how to make one?
>>
>>30135254
I meant 2-3 shard fuck me
>>
can I get a dusk stone before the third island? if so, where?
>>
Was something supposed to happen after catching Necrozma? I got a flavor text after doing so.
>>
>>30134685
does chain breeding still follow gen 6 rules?
>>
I just killed Tapu Fini, do the Tapus respawn if you fail to capture them?
>>
>>30135506
After you beat the League again
>>
What's the point of playing this game legit when it's so easy to cheat? Doesn't Game Freak even do anything about all the hackedmons?
>>
>>30135299
I believe you can get them from the second rank of Isle Aphun
>>
>>30134990
it does work, I got a Timid Female Vulpix with Snow Warning yesterday. It had perfect IVs in every stat except Speed (it had 0).

Just keep trying anon.
>>
Where do I find Luvdisc?

Serebii says Route 9 but all I've fished up the last 30 encounters have been Magikarp and Wishiwashi.
>>
Which Oricorio is the best one? I can't decide what balance of type resistances is more important.
I'm not using it for offense at all, just as a baton-pass setup mon, so no need to think about offense. I haven't quite figured out the meta on what's more common yet though
>>
>>30135832
Route 9 is where they're at, found plenty of Luvdiscs while looking for Mareanies. Don't get them for heatscales, though, just get it for dex completion; you can buy heartscales now.
>>
>>30135836
Pom-Pom Oricorio is the best defensively since it's only weak to Rock and Ice moves, both are pretty rare during the story
>>
Best/fastest way to level before battle tree? Just got type null and want to bring him to near where everyone else is at (60+).
>>
File: 1479803967344.jpg (42KB, 750x711px) Image search: [Google]
1479803967344.jpg
42KB, 750x711px
Where the FUCK is the King's Rock at?
Same with Metal Coat.
>>
Just fought Gladion at the base of Mt. Lanakila, and why did he say "I know we're not friends"?

I want to be his friend.
>>
File: 1476528773707.jpg (34KB, 283x307px) Image search: [Google]
1476528773707.jpg
34KB, 283x307px
In the Totem Kommo-o fight, he summoned a Scizor.

Is Scizor actually a wild/SOS Pokemon or was it just for that battle?
>>
Are there any earlygame pokemon that are as good as the route 3 salamence that are more common? As in, not two 1/100 in a row.
>>
>>30135888
I must just be phenomenally bad luck then.

>you can buy heartscales now

Where?
>>
>>30135971
Same as Razor Claw
BATTLE. TREE.
HAVE FUCKING FUN.
>>
>>30135993
Not him but at the restaurant in konikoni city on the second island

Eat anything there and you get two Scales for 1000 bucks
>>
I heard after the game you can change the time (ie get rid of the 12 hour moon difference) is that possible, if so where?
>>
>>30135996
Is that just another maison/subway/tower etc reskin?

Does that mean there's no fucking frontier AGAIN?
>>
>>30135971
King's Rock is a reward for fighting the Hauoli School Headmistress post-league.
>>
>>30135971
King's Rock can be gotten from the Trainer School principal on the third floor postgame. Metal Coat can be farmed off Magnemites or Skarmories using a Compound Eyes pokemon.
>>
File: 1478133742436.jpg (34KB, 403x411px) Image search: [Google]
1478133742436.jpg
34KB, 403x411px
>>30134019
>Worstgem has my favorite Pokemon
God damn it fuck Amythest

>>30135996
>Slowking, Politoed, and Scizor are locked to Postgame
Fuck whoever came up with half the fucking ideas in this game.
Can't evolve Crabrawler until the E4
Can't evolve Magneton, Nosepass, or Charjabug till last island
Can't get Granbull until the last island

God FUCK
>>
Is there a memory girl like in gen 6 in the game?
Fucking hated that.
>>
So i finally got a female popplio after resetting for 2 and a half hours. But it has adamant nature though. Would resetting again make me wait a long ass time for another female at this point?
>>
>>30133683
How can I get kanto exxegutor and marowak?
>>
>>30136099
politoed can be summoned in an SOS battle
>>
>>30136160
It's chance man. It could take one time, it could take 900.
>>
Has anyone found a Figy berry, and if so where? 3 circuits around Alola and found none.
>>
did they change how poke balls are passed down when breeding at all? like breeding with ditto, etc?
>>
>>30136190
Fuck it. I'll stick with this shit.
>>
>>30135993
>>30136024
first town on the third island there's a more expensive island where you can get 4 scales. Last island has a real cheap place but for just one scale at a time.
>>
I wanna get one of the TMs from the Konikoni TM store but it still hasn't opened. I'm on Poni Island, what did I not do?
>>
>>30134084
The first and only I've found so far was in Po town, out of the left most exit of the mansion to the pool.
>>
Does anything have compound eyes and thief?
>>
File: 1464920836961.jpg (20KB, 275x307px) Image search: [Google]
1464920836961.jpg
20KB, 275x307px
why when i tried to use Z-power there are 2 button for same move ??
>>
>>30136265
Butterfree
>>
What's the best place to grind after first reaching Poni island? Is the lucky egg from Kukui available before postgame? He's not in his lab.
>>
I'm trying different hairstyles for female but the hat is disabled for all of them, what gives? Can I not wear a hat with sideswept hair?
>>
>>30136277
It's an error. Delete your save and start over. You may be banned.
>>
>>30136265
Venonat
>>
>>30136277
This..
>>30136363
>>
I've been away for a few days, have people figured out whether or not Kiawe and Mallow battles are exclusive for Sun and Moon, or if people were just missing them?
I'm asking because bulbapedia lists Mallow as battleable in both Sun and Moon.

>>30136277
The power of the Z-Move is based on which attack you picked as its base. Check the move informations to see which is more powerful.
>>
Where is the Waterfall TM?
>>
>>30136189
Where at? Im trying to trade to complete my dex and these item specific pokemon are fucking killing me.
>>
>>30136443
malie garden, but it has to be during the rain
>>
Is there seriously only one ice stone in the entire fucking game? I've been spamming the Brilliant Stone path in Poke Pelago for the past 5 days and I haven't gotten jack shit.

And on that note, has anyone figured out when/how the loot is determined for that item Poke Pelago cave? I tried soft resetting after looking at the loot and it stayed the same except for the very first time that I soft-resetted.
>>
Can the Tapus, Ultra Beasts and Legendaries have perfect 31/31/31/31/31/31 IVs?
>>
>>30136504
If you do the bottle cap thing then yeah. Its literally what they hyper training was made for.
>>
>>30136099
I got Jangmo to summon its' final evo once, tried thief, just my luck it isn't holding a razor claw, kills itself with struggle, find another one after setting myself up better, refuses to call third evo, accidentally kill it with a crit. I just want a Weavile ffs.
>>
Any idea on where to get more ice stones? I know you get one in Po town, but what if I wanted more?
>>
>>30134922
anyone know?
>>
>>30136516
So I can get my precious Topu Keku, my boy Xurkitree, and Nebby with perfect IVs? Sweet. Many thanks.
>>
>>30136593
Same as its always been for the battle tower thing.
>>
>>30136255
pls respond

And I second this question as well >>30136352
>>
It says on Serebii you get a Lucky Egg after getting 50 pokemon. But where is the Professor? I just got to Tapu Village.
>>
>>30136674
I think it's postgame only.
>>
>>30136693
thx
>>
When hatching eggs, why is the background sometimes a different color? I hatched an Alolan Geodude and it was green, and then it was yellow when I hatched a Bounsweet.
>>
can you catch nebby later?
>>
Does anyone have that video of what all the ball-throwing effects look like?
>>
>>30134922
Legendaries aren't allowed, same rules as always. UBs don't count as legendaries though, so they're in.
>>
>>30136786
Do you mean the box legendary nebby or cosmog? Because if its the latter you have to return to the temple of the sunne/moone with the box legendary in your party then go to the lake of the sunne/moone and you will get a cosmog.
>>
>>30136786
After you beat the league, bring Solgaleo or Lunala to the top of the mountain where you fought it. At night in Sun and during the day in Moon. Some stuff will happen and then you'll get Cosmog.
>>
Can you catch Totem Pokémon?
My guess would be no, but I want to be sure.
>>
>>30136863
You can't catch anything if the pokeball button isn't on the top left of the bottom screen, so no.
>>
>>30136828
>the box legendary nebby
I'm in front of it. after the boss battle and want to see if I have the option to catch it later.
>>
>>30136786
You mean can you put off catching it? No, you have to catch it for the game to let you continue to the league.
>>
>>30136828
So you get 2 copies of box legendary per game?
>>
>>30136903
If you want. I personally traded Solgaleo (the Nebby one) for a Lunala so I could have one of each.
>>
>>30136885
That i would have no idea. I ended up just catching it on the first encounter.
>>
>>30136516
>>30136613
Reminder that Hyper Training does not alter the IVs. It alters the stats in a way that mimicks having different IVs.
This means it can't be passed down through breeding, though that is a non-issue with legendaries and Ultra Beasts as they don't breed anyway. It also does not affect Hidden Power.
>>
Could someone upload the picture with all the evolution methods? Thanks
>>
>>30136958
If i had to guess it was probably because they didnt want it to effect hidden power and that was the only work around. At least thats what i like to think and not that gamefreak likes making people grind endlessly.
>>
>>30136808
https://youtu.be/hAzabFCJtbs?list=LLGqVappu_1MT-itYwUZuuKg
>>
File: 2e8.png (561KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
2e8.png
561KB, 680x680px
>>30136433
i dont get it. what do you mean by picking a move ? outside the battle ? because in battle there are 2 breakneck blitz for my Raticate i dont know what's going on
>>
>>30136903
it might be their attempt to make it easier to get both box legends, since they have a shared evolution path, instead of having to sacrifice a single catch-copy of a legendary for it.
>>
File: file.png (86KB, 250x419px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
86KB, 250x419px
>>30137009
>>
>>30137018
If you have multiple Normal attacking moves, you will have different base power Breakneck Blitzes since the base move determines the strength of the Z move
>>
>That minigame at the mall involving feeding Grimer literal big, steaming piles of pokemon shit.

This is a new experience.
>>
>>30137018
Okay so the way the Z-moves work is it chooses a move based on a move of the same type that said pokemon knows. So if you have the normal z crystal every normal type attack on that pokemon will be able to be upgraded to the Z-move. What the Z-move itself does is modify the base attack power of said move so always pick your strongest move of that type when attacking with a Z-move.
>>
>>30135527
Your pixel animals aren't magic, they're just data. If the data is following the rules, there's absolutely 0 way to tell a hackedmon from a legit one.

The only way Gamefreak would be able to stop hacking is if the game required online and saved all the data in servers where the player can't access them. But here's where I remind you that this is a game for kids and that you are caring too much.
>>
File: 250px-404Luxio.png (54KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-404Luxio.png
54KB, 250x250px
Island Scanner question!
I'm trying it out, I got curious on Akala Island. I used it once and caught a cool Luxio in the wild, but I also noticed I can get a Honedge. So I did another 10 scans, saved, then tried to scan over and over but all I'm getting is Luxio. Are the other ones just rare or am I doing it wrong?
>>
>>30137185
As far as i can tell its all just random.
>>
>>30137057
>That wife at the graveyard who's morning the loss of her husband.
>Tells you that he died in a car accident and managed to get his machamp, that was in the car with him, back in the ball before the crash killed him.
>Machamp hated being in a ball since then, and even threw his ball away.

I didn't actually think pokemon could chuck away their own pokeball and technically be "free."
>>
God dammit I know it's a kids game but can they tone it down just a bit?

Why does the bottom screen need the eyes blinking at me? Why not just a full screen map? Maybe use that extra space for something useful like your party health?
>>
>>30137185
Depends on what day of the week it is. Today is Luxio day.
>>
How do I find Vanillish? It never fucking hails on Mt Hanakili
>>
File: dhgdg.png (29KB, 284x333px) Image search: [Google]
dhgdg.png
29KB, 284x333px
>>30137234
Oh, I should have checked serebii first.
This answers everything. Thanks! haha.
>>
>>30137233
I'm not seeing how blinking eyes is a problem here.
>>
>>30137222
>morning

mourning*
>>
Any tips for the alternate world Lusamine battle where all her mons are boosted?

Even with a Magnezone, Clefable took forever to kill and Liligant basically one or 2 shotted everything with petal dance, even when it was resisted. My Mons are all LV 50-52.
>>
>>30137233
unironically kys yourself
>>
>>30137274
how does that work? if you've gotten all of the islands, will it give you a random one from the four?
>>
>>30137277
It's just taking up space, do you people actually like this paperclip thing?
>>
File: refresh.jpg (36KB, 398x238px) Image search: [Google]
refresh.jpg
36KB, 398x238px
Question 1: How do I fucking turn off the dumb fucking blinking eyes on the roto pokedex on the bottom screen?? It's freaking me out.

Question 2: At the end of battle, what causes the poke care icon to show up to allow you to groom and feed your pokemon? Is it random?

Question 3: In XY and ORAS Pokemon Amie had mini games and training for pokemon, does this still exist for the Pokemon Refresh system? The only option I see, when i start Pokemon Refresh is the ability to give them jellybeans or whatever food that is.
>>
File: shiny poliwrath.jpg (152KB, 1280x1246px) Image search: [Google]
shiny poliwrath.jpg
152KB, 1280x1246px
okay my thread totally died that i made about this
anyone have any good poliwrath tips? i got a shiny poliwag and i want to use it for the rest of my sun/moon playthrough, or at least try it out. does anyone have any good bro tricks/movesets/whatever? no egg moves obviously. hes hasty and has water absorb.
>>
>>30137421
1. You can't

2. Taking particular types of damage (getting hit with a Water moves makes the Pokemon wet and needs to be blow dried, etc)

3. No
>>
>>30137421
>Question 1: How do I fucking turn off the dumb fucking blinking eyes on the roto pokedex on the bottom screen?? It's freaking me out.

Thank you >>30137233
>>
Where do i check IVs in this one?
>>
>>30137385
No it scans the island you're on. If you're standing in Akala today you'll just get Luxio, but if you fly to Melemele and scan a Deino will appear.
>>
When/where can/do I get the Smoke Ball?
>>
>>30137329
Honestly? X-items. Thats how i ended up sweeping the elite 4.
>>
>>30137329
Did most of her mons in with Crobat.
>>
>>30137526
I got one on a wild Salandit
>>
>>30137438
Just Brick Break and a Water type move is all you need, really. If you can get some decent coverage, use it.
>>
how tf do I get a castform
>>
File: closethomos.png (364KB, 636x636px) Image search: [Google]
closethomos.png
364KB, 636x636px
Did anyone even pick Blued?
>>
>>30134685
Now we know where Lance gets his dragonites
>>
>>30137550
Thanks!
>>
>>30137531
>>30137548
What levels were your Pokemon for her battle? And I was trying to do it without items, but that might be my only choice. Such a BS battle.
>>
Has there been any more bans since release?

Using the v32 sun .cia injected with my old lurantis v0 save. Confirmed safe now to go online?
>>
>>30137569
I did because Red's team is boring
>>
>>30137650
50-ish, I think Crobat was about 2-3 levels higher than Lusamine's mons. It can one-shot Lilligant with Acrobat but Cross-poison on Clefable can't which causes Clefable to spam Moonlight
>>
Where do I get the team skull shirt?
>>
How do I get stones from the Flea Market?
>>
>>30137784
Talk to the operators of the Team Skull Pokemon Center after Team Skull breaks down.
>>
File: rotomdexmap.jpg (19KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
rotomdexmap.jpg
19KB, 320x239px
>>30137357
I can almost convince myself I'm not playing a game for 5 year olds.....

Looks down at fucking pokemon eye balls blinking at me, like Mr. Face from Nick JR....

Oh fuck I hate this...Could Game Freaks take the seriousness, and sliver of mature content out of the game any more?
>>
>>30137009
Most are barely noticeable to tell apart, that's no fun.
>>
Does anyone know when the natures of the UBs are generated? You know, like how theres a trigger for the natures of previous roaming legendaries. Im having a bit of a hard time trying to put this is different words
>>
>>30137837
youre right
gladion should've raped hapu
>>
>>30137837
>I can almost convince myself I'm not playing a game for 5 year olds.....
I don't know where you think you are, but Pokemon is literally a game for 5 year olds.
>>
Do the UBs and Tapus come with three max IVs?
>>
>>30137850
That's why my favourite ones are Dusk, Heavy and Love
>>
How do I get to Kala'e bay and the seaward cave?
>>
File: koko.jpg (787KB, 1161x1455px) Image search: [Google]
koko.jpg
787KB, 1161x1455px
What's a good physical moveset for this guy?
>>
>>30137837
>Could Game Freaks take the seriousness, and sliver of mature content out of the game any more?
This game's climax is about parental neglect/abuse and feral Lovecraftian abominations.
>>
Holy fuck I just beat totem mimikyu. I don't want to make a new thread hope its okay if I just post here real quick.
What a fight, I was on the edge of my seat. Only won because by some miracle incineroar held on with 7 HP left and managed to Z move him, which left a haunter and weak mimikyu for the rest of my team to barely clean up after him almost killing me pre berry and disguise.
Hell of a fight.
>>
>>30137558
Brick Break seems so boring! I like weird corny strategies. I might try and run belly drum + substitute or something.
>>
>>30137789
Can anyone answer? The kid says he has a Shiny Stone but won't give it to me.
>>
>>30137978
sweet. can't wait. I also heard there's some H.R Giger like sexually charged designs
>>
Has anybody gotten ice stones from Poke Pelago? What path did you use? Serebii says that you can either use the brilliant stone path or the interesting item path. I've been using the stone path for a few days and not a single ice stone yet.
>>
Haven't been able to get a straight answer to this yet but where can I get the white hair colour / how can I unlock it?
>>
>>30138087
Once you beat the elite 4 it unlocks.
>>
Anyone know roughly how many steps for hatching an egg corresponds to a single session in Isle Avue?
>>
>>30138102
Awesome, thanks!
>>
Can I level my pokemon's happiness effectively early game? How do I do it? Pichu can't level too many times.
>>
>>30138121
Using an item on a Pokemon raises its happiness. If you have two TMs that Pichu can learn, just teach them to it back and forth.
>>
>>30138121
Where do you see or measure the pokemon's happieness? In the Pokemon Refresh menu?
>>
HOW THE FUCK DO I WIN THE BATTLE ROYAL

THE AI COUNTERPICKS ME AND THEY ALL ATTACK ME ON TURN 1
>>
>>30138157
Holy shit, is that true?

>>30138121
soothe bell is pretty early on I think
>>
>>30133683
does anyone have a good Battle Team QR code?
>>
>>30138159
That's affection
A Veteran (woman wearing dark blue) in Konikoni City can tell you how much friendship your Pokemon has (in vague text form)
She's right next to a Dancer who will massage your Pokemon to increase their friendship
>>
How do I tell which beans to give which pokemon?
>>
File: 1394299716957.png (99KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1394299716957.png
99KB, 1920x1080px
>>30138200
Thanks! Then what's the difference between Enjoyment/Affection/and Happiness?
>>
>>30138231
Give them rainbow beans
>>
>>30138233
Affection effects exp gain (Pokemon get boosted EXP with 2 hearts of affection) and crit rate, as well as potentially getting over status inflictions and surviving hits that would have normally KO'd them
This only works in-game

Enjoyment and fullness need to be full in order to be able to build up affection hearts

Friendship is just a kind of hidden stat that determines the power of Return/Frustration and also is a requirement for many baby Pokemon to evolve

I think of it likes this; if you spend a lot of time with someone, you're probably gonna get chummy with them (friendship). But if you hug them or eat with them, you bond with them (affection).
Like the difference between knowing someone as an acquaintance or actually being their friend and caring about them

>>30138231
Don't feed them beans, malasadas work better
>>
Been SRing for Tapu Lele, got a Timid one. Do you guys think Modest or Timid is better?
base stats are
70 HP / 85 Atk / 75 Def / 130 SAtk / 115 SDef / 95 Spe
>>
File: Lusamine-Nihilego.png (305KB, 586x326px) Image search: [Google]
Lusamine-Nihilego.png
305KB, 586x326px
Is this a meme? What do I do?

>5, FIVE (5) FUCKING LEVEL 50 TOTEM POKEMONS
>cleffable by itself kills my entire team, infinite defense/sp defense, oh you took 1/4 of my hp? I heal lol

I literally cannot advance. Is this dark souls or pokemon? how the fuck do children get past this shit?

What's the best way to grind? Where are the lucky eggs? I just want it to be over already, this game has been nothing but disappointment.
>>
Where do I grind post game? Is there any rebattle facility like the Chateau or the Unova sports domes?
>>
sophocles plushie when
>>
File: watcgf.png (617KB, 1048x822px) Image search: [Google]
watcgf.png
617KB, 1048x822px
>>30138388
Awesome explanation anon.... How do you raise Enjoyment though? the only thing I seem to be able to do is produce hearts from the pokemon which i'm assuming is raising the affection? How do you raise it's enjoyment?
>>
>>30138469
>hating on the best mainline gen-entry games since G/S
git gud

Clefable is passive as fuck so just pump x items onto your pokemon when the fight starts
>>
>>30138469
>he didn't pp stall her clefable with toxapex
>>
File: 1478571123156.png (645KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1478571123156.png
645KB, 1200x800px
>>30138469
Just TM Swords Dance onto your physical attacker. Clefable does fuck all and gives you free time to get to +4 or +6. The AI has never been good against setup sweepers, and unless yours is extremely slow, it's very easy.
>>
>>30138469
>Not having Salazzle with Toxic and Venoshock
>>
>>30138498
Petting increases enjoyment as well as affection
>>
Does Minior really only get one flying type move or am I missing something?
>>
>>30138611
It only needs the one, acrobatics is bonkers
>>
>>30138611
Is Shell Smash + White Herb +Acrobatics not good enough for you?
Satan here >>30138666 knows where it's at
>>
Where do I get the Moon Ball. I just beat Hapu and got the Groundium Z and I'm on this Victory Road kind of area. From the look of it, I think I'll be encountering Lunala soon, and I need to find out where the Moon Balls are.
>>
>>30136061
frontier was never good, battle tower clones are the only facility worth playing
>>
>>30138760
There's only one Moon Ball
Samson Oak will be on the top of Mount Hokulani on the far bottom right, he'll give you it

>>30138789
I loved Battle Factory and Battle Arcade though. I want those back
>>
At what point can you start buying Adrenaline Orbs?
>>
File: 1450753841654.png (177KB, 345x346px) Image search: [Google]
1450753841654.png
177KB, 345x346px
>>30138789
>the most boring facility is the only one worth playing
>>
>>30138829
I found them around the Third Island's first shop

Also please respond
>>30138474
>>30138474
>>
>>30138789
Are you saying I faked my enjoyment of Battle Factory and Battle Arcade?
>>
File: pokepuff.jpg (23KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
pokepuff.jpg
23KB, 320x240px
>>30138589
Hot Damn.... They really nerfed/ stream lined the fuck out of Pokemon Amie...I can't say I don't like it...but by reading how Pokemon Refresh works..it's like the bare bones of what Amie was...
>>
>>30138871
really it just got rid of the minigames
>>
Where does the box legend encounter take place?
>>
>>30138831
>>30138854
mah niggas

>>30138853
I think the Hau'oli restaurant Pokemon get stronger post-E4
Try there?

>>30138871
It got rid of the minigames but that's fine
I dunno, I prefer like.. grooming my Pokemon after battles and feeding them beans and such
>>
>>30138871
It's better, fuck Amie
Actually having backgrounds and meaningfully interacting with your Pokemon after battle made it actually good, I couldn't be fucked to use Amie and the shitty games it had
>>
>>30138914
Altar of the Sunne/Moone.
>>
>>30138741
Fair enough. On that note, is there anywhere I can get a white herb, or is it only at the battle tree?
>>
>>30138950
>>30138924
>>30138902

Yea like I said, I'm not complaining either, I like it better too. Was just surpised about how much they stripped it. I like it though...it seems much more to the point. The mini games were boring and got in the way..
>>
What do I do aster getting the tauros?
>>
>>30139008
Battle Tree only, unfortunately

>>30139043
Consult Rotomdex, here's there to guide you after all
>>
You find Sandshrew in Tapu Village right?
I've been looking for an hour and haven't found one, and I've found like 5 Absols
>>
>>30138902
thank god for that one. The mini games were tedious as fuck.
>>
So I just go Poke Pelago

What's the point of it?
>>
>>30139207
increases enjoyment:

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokepelago.shtml
>>
File: 1473633139537.png (380KB, 680x538px) Image search: [Google]
1473633139537.png
380KB, 680x538px
How many chains do I need to do before Pokemon with their HA start showing up?
>>
>>30139207
It allows you to farm items, like evolution stones.
>>
>>30139066
Wheres the marina?
>>
I have an Eevee with Max Happiness and Max Affection, it has a Fairy move. Will it evolve into Esp/Umbreon or Sylveon?
>>
How do you get a second Ice Stone? Is the only other place really the Poke Pelago
>>
>>30139303
The docks. Go past the malasada shop, it should be south of the police station

>>30139310
I think Sylveon takes priority
>>
>>30139310
Probably Sylveon due to the Fairy move. Make sure to save before it evolves.
>>
File: exp share.jpg (58KB, 400x564px) Image search: [Google]
exp share.jpg
58KB, 400x564px
How do you all feel about the inclusion of the Exp Share in Sun/Moon? We (myself included) made a big fucking deal about it being too "baby's first pokemon game" in XY and ORAS. I'm sort of pissed they brought it back AGAIN. To me it just kills the challenge of meticuously raising and leveling each pokemon one by one...

pic related; it's for chumps
>>
How do I improve buildings in Festival Plaza? Same as in BW2, do my own purchases help upgrade it?
>>
>>30139433
Just turn it off and you'll get a decent challenge.
>>
>>30138520
>>30138552
>>30138564
>>30138576

None of you fags told me where to grind, I'm tired of barely scrapping by, I want to power level. What's the best way to do it?
>>
>>30139433
I hat it, but I didn't even realize I had it in until about halfway through the first island.
I just want the old Exp Share back
>>
>>30139433
Even with the exp share i had some pretty hard fights. They did a much better job with difficulty in this one.
>>
File: carlos.jpg (31KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
31KB, 350x350px
>>30139228
>>30139259
cool beans
>>
>>30139496
>I didn't even realize I had it in until about halfway through the first island.
that's your fault for not reading dialog.
>>
how the hell do I kill this Lurantis, am I just supposed to stall it out until it runs out of PP for synthesize?
>>
So where do I find clothing dyes?
>>
>>30139533
Status moves. Put it to sleep or something.
>>
>>30139533
Lurantis with the sun up is a team killer, but if it summons Trumbeak first it's pretty manageable.
>>
>>30139533
i used a fire z move to kill it first turn.
>>
>>30139433
normally I'd complain, but the difficulty really ramps up around the end of the 3rd island going into the 4th, so I was glad I had my whole team properly leveled
>>
File: 1375164457354.jpg (41KB, 388x399px) Image search: [Google]
1375164457354.jpg
41KB, 388x399px
>after two hours of trying, finally find a Feebas
>OHKO it with a tackle from my weakest Poke
>>
>>30139533
Use you alolan grimer and poison fang it
>>
>>30136433
All the captains and kahunas are the same for both games. You fight Lana then Kiwae then mallow
>>
>>30133683
Where is Pichu
I just looked at my little sister's team and it's all normal unnamed mons and one Pichu named Phil
>>
>>30139580
>being a casual
I bet you used Mega Lucario in XY too, right?
>>
>>30139604
just trade for one dude. People are pumping out level 1 breeding pokemon for trading like crazy right now.
>>
>>30139604
>He didn't TM False Swipe
Kukui literally gives it to you twenty minutes into the game
>>
>>30134631
No, EXP is based on the level of the mon, the other ways to increase EXP is added to the individual pokemon but not the remainder of the team.
>>
Hi anons, I have a question, is Dexio's shirt in game? if yes, where I can buy it?
>>
>>30139502
>>30139589

Oooo That sounds promising... I was praying that they did increase the dicfficulty for this game... I'm only on the first island still.. Thanks for the heads up. Glad to hear this seriously.
>>
>>30139548
is there a TM for anything, all I've got is Thunder Wave.

>>30139552
My Salandit with 4x resist can deal with it even with Castform shooting water gun, but the issue is that I can't break through that synthesis. Z-move fire deals less than half its HP.
>>
>>30139732
>Z-move fire deals less than half its HP.
do you only have ember or something?
>>
Is there an easy way to cheese the Battle Royal?

I need that Idol pose
>>
File: minior-pokemon-sun-moon.png (262KB, 640x321px) Image search: [Google]
minior-pokemon-sun-moon.png
262KB, 640x321px
How do I go about using/training this thing? I love it.
>>
>>30139433
I bred and started training team 2 at about the beginning of the third island. So far I'm glad I did, being underleveled for this shit is way more fun, Mimikyu was absolutely killer. I'm feeling what this anon is saying >>30139589
I still have a way over leveled starter, but I still like the EXP share because it means I don't have to grind as much to level up all these freshly hatched pokemon. My teams average level right now (just beat Mimikyu and got the sharpedo) is less than the trainer pokemon on route 15. (its a bit less than 32 if anyone cares, including my one level 41 starter).
>>
Where exactly in Ten-Carat Hill can I find Necrozma? Is he meant to be in the cave before entering the Farthest Hollow, or can you find him in the grass out there?
>>
>>30139848
Grass. Use max repels if your team is a lower level than it and you'll run into it eventually.
>>
File: 250px-235Smeargle[1].png (52KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-235Smeargle[1].png
52KB, 250x250px
Okay, working on a catching Smeargle for Sun/Moon. I'm figuring out with SOS mechanics, it is probably necessary for Smeargle to have at least one attack capable of taking out the unwanted Pokemon.

Long story short, is there a better move than Return for Smeargle to have to take out the unwanted Pokemon?

Smergle @ Silk Scarf / Metronome
Technician / Adamant
- False Swipe
- Spore
- Soak
- Return / ???
>>
>>30139848
Hes in the grass. Easiest way to get him is put on a repel and just run around since he negates it.
>>
File: 100Voltorb_Dream.png (5KB, 177x175px) Image search: [Google]
100Voltorb_Dream.png
5KB, 177x175px
Is Voltorb in this game? And does getting an alakazam still require a trade?

What about Tyrogue?
>>
>>30139783
He's gotta. Salandit doesn't learn many Fire moves until later.
>>
>>30139489
>grinding
Git gud
Just use X items for instant win
>>
>>30139876
You would probably want a second one with Worry Seed instead of Soak to hunt HA Pokemon.
>>
>>30139604
there's a lv1 female dive ball feebas on gts, all they want is a magby which you can catch at the volcano
>>
What Nature is good for a Cutiefly/Ribombee? Can they be used in singles in-game? Or are they only worth a slot for doubles?

I heard they're really good for just going through the game?
>>
I have a question, how viable is it to IV upgrade and EV retrain the team you finished the game with?
>>
File: 1476888675688.gif (3MB, 396x335px) Image search: [Google]
1476888675688.gif
3MB, 396x335px
>>30139897
no
yes
no

How do I get this little IV cocksucker to tell me my Pokemon's IVs? He's too sleepy.
>>
What's the fastest way to earn FC? Wonder Trade?
>>
>>30139897
>Is Voltorb in this game?
No, not yet anyways.

>And does getting an alakazam still require a trade?
Yes. Go to /wfg/ and about anyone will be willing to help.

>What about Tyrogue?
Not available without transfer.
>>
>>30133683
can you not get to poni meadow before beating the elite four?
i've wanted to use a sensu oricorio this entire damn game
>>
File: 1435632405272.png (421KB, 650x754px) Image search: [Google]
1435632405272.png
421KB, 650x754px
>>30133683
I heard that you can actually soft-reset Greninjash until you get the nature you want, which i guess can be done by transporting him to your game, checking his nature and resetting the game to transfer him again until you get the proper nature.

My main question is: considering the lack of Protean and the different Stat Spread and Moveset, what would be the best possible nature for it?
>>
>>30140009
timid or modest
can quiver dance and even baton pass it
>>
>>30140037
I don't get your question?
>>
>>30140037
Hatch 20 eggs
>>
>>30140068
It acts like any other Wonder Card event Pokemon. Save in front of the gift deliveryman, check, and soft reset.
>>
>>30140084
The IV checker is at the battle tree. The first time you talk to him he says something like "this pokemon has exceptional... who are you? Yawn. Nobody impressive enough to wake me up."
>>
>>30140037
>>30140043

Thanks mates....Looks like I'll have to wait until Pokemon Bank comes online to get max 1st gen enjoyment.
>>
How good is Poke Pelago for getting evolution stones and rare items?
>>
>>30140027
completely depends on the mons you used. If they have shit natures dont bother.
>>
>>30140027
depends on how much you care about having shit natures and no egg moves
>>
File: weavile_by_stardroidjean.jpg (67KB, 295x352px) Image search: [Google]
weavile_by_stardroidjean.jpg
67KB, 295x352px
How the fuck can I get a razor claw? I cant believe theres no way to get one when you catch Sneasel right near the end of the game.
>>
File: 774Minior.png (1MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
774Minior.png
1MB, 1280x1280px
If one breeds Minior, is the resulting Minior the same color as the parent, or is it random?
>>
>>30140126
hatch 20 eggs I think
>>
>>30140054
you cant, I can go catch you one and trade it if you want. or even have a pokemon hold the purple nectar (I think that has something to do with it I havent touched that mon)
>>
Stuff to do after beating the E4? I'm completely lost

Any guide for zygarde pieces yet?
>>
>>30140112
>>30140226
I thought hatching 20 eggs unlocked it at the PC?

Alos where is Porygon?
>>
File: 1478014448319.png (234KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1478014448319.png
234KB, 853x480px
What the fuck, is there not a Macho Brace in this game?
>>
Would Hasty be an acceptable nature for Mimikyu if I can't find Jolly or Adamant?
>>
>>30139730
I promised myself I'd go the whole game without it on but when any given member of my team started getting 1HKO'd 50% of the time I battled I just decided to turn it on so I wouldn't have to grind. There's really no shame in using it this gen. It should've been like this from the start.
>>
>>30140245
yeah, if you could trade me some purple nectar that'd be awesome. my oricorio is nearly 60 atm so i'm a little attached
my fc is 5112 3438 8203
>>
>>30140331
All the various Power items got a boost. Macho Brace is kinda useless at this point.
>>
>>30139403
Found it. Where can I evolve my vikabolt?
>>
>>30140360
Yeah but Macho Brace was usually given away for free, whereas the Power items are 16BP each
>>
>>30140335
for competitive, idk, meta hasn't been established, but for playing the game, it literally doesnt matter. hell hasty is probably great since everything is so slow and mimikyu has a 1 time substitute anyway.
>>
>>30140373
They're forcing it. I haven't seen the Brace, but it seems like this is what they've done.
>>
Is there a rain route where I can evolve my sliggoo?
>>
HOW TO BAGON?! RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
>>
>>30140356
have you got something useless that I can request and I just drop something in the gts?
>>
>>30140409
there is. on the third island
>>
>>30140418
sure, how about a level 10 female rattata
>>
File: 57342426_p0.jpg (1MB, 1831x2763px) Image search: [Google]
57342426_p0.jpg
1MB, 1831x2763px
>>30140125
I appreciate the response, but admittedly the main question was if people had settled on what's the best nature to run on this thing. I'm too used to Protean/Gunk Shot kind-of set, so it's odd to see how this Greninja is built.
>>
>>30140185
steal from wild Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o
>>
>>30140417
NEVERMIND I JUST FOUND ONE AND I'M SHITTING.
>>
Where's the guy who gives you money for showing him a Rockruff? I forgot his location and just caught one.
>>
DOES TAUNT STOP WILD POKEMON FROM CALLING AN SOS???

>>30139947
True. Damn this is tough to decide.

I guess the best way to go would be to have at least 2, one with Soak/Return and the other with Worry Seed/Return.

The problem would be with searching for hidden ability ghost, grass, rock, and steel type Pokemon. It takes 2 turns out of sleep to switch-in another Pokemon to one-shot the unwanted SOS Pokemon.
>>
>>30140524
Can't speak for anyone else, but I went Timid. It had max speed IVs too. Don't know if that was intentionally meant to happen, but yeah.
>>
>>30140331
Fight Water loli in the town around the graveyard
>>
>>30140608
That's a Muscle Band.
>>
>>30140541
NOW GET IT WEAK ENOUGH FOR IT TO CALL SOS POKEMON UNTIL A LEVEL 10 SALAMENCE APPEARS
>>
>>30140368
Bumpan
>>
Is Light Clay in the game currently? I can't find it anywhere
>>
>>30140620
Sadly, I'm in the shelgon patch and not the salamence one.
>>
>>30140517
okay depositing a level 3 yungoos looking for a rattata now
>>
Can I remove VIPs once I reach 50 or do I need to be really careful about who I'm giving the treatment?
>>
Best way to hatch eggs? Zoning in/out all the time from Route 6 seems inefficient.
>>
What purpose do the rarer pokebeans have apart from being able to exchange them? Should I just exchange them all if I want to build everything to max level?
>>
>>30136210
males and genderless will now pass down balls when breeding with ditto
>>
>>30140759
Route 6 itself has a long straight strip
>>
PSA: if you need a day event to happen but it's night, or vice versa, and you don't wanna fuck with your system clock, you can travel between day and night using the portal on the Sunne/Moone alter
>>
File: CO9UJYTUEAA_E4x.jpg (47KB, 600x471px) Image search: [Google]
CO9UJYTUEAA_E4x.jpg
47KB, 600x471px
>>30140604
Even more speed? I could've sworn people were investing in offensive-leaning natures...
>>
>>30140680
that's a ton anon
>>
Where is Gyarados' favorite spot to pet? Magikarp's was its fins, but Gyarados doesn't react that well. It hates its trident being touched, but I just can't find its happy spot.

>>30140762
The rainbow ones give an instant 2-3 hearts of affection. Save them for your future bros.
>>
>>30140627
an area called Vast Poni canyon, its on the 4th island which is late game, your gonna have a charjabug for a while if your still playing through the story.
>>
>>30140805
no worries
>>
Probably a basic as fuck question, but can you breed minior?
>>
>>30140939
with a ditto
>>
>>30140824
just move the stylus around till they open their mouth and moan that theyre going to cum
>>
>>30140948
Thank you
>>
>Beast ball only has a 0.1 multiplayer on non beast balls.

Is it even possible to get a Beldum in this thing?
>>
>>30140996
I dunno but it'd be pretty dope looking
>>
Where are the mega stones that cannot be bought in the battle tree?
>>
I think I mashed through the explanation, where do I go to find Sina and Dexio to get Zygarde the first time?
I thought they said the hotel, but they're not there. Or at any of them.
>>
>>30140802
It's the way it went. If it doesn't work out, I'm not going to be busted up about it. I was never the biggest Greninja fan.
>>
>>30141047

Fly to the docks/town on Poni island and take the path to the battle tree. Don't fly ahead, walk the full route.
>>
>>30140996
Just use a nest ball
>>
>>30141009
HAHAHAHA.
>>
I'm a beginner to competitive

how much do perfect IVs and natures reeeaally matter

like as long as it doesn't have a hindering nature it's fine, right? I don't know if I have the patience to go full nature mode
>>
>>30141082

I don't want it in a nest ball, I want it in a beast ball.
>>
>>30139963
I'm only on the second island and just beat the trial. I dunno where a volcano is.
>>
>>30140996
I wonder, are cover legendaries and Necrosma considered UBs by the Beast Balls?
>>
>>30141157
no
>>
>>30141157

Nope.
>>
Can you unlock new songs for battle spot battles? I hate the three choices of trainer, wild pokemon, and royal battle.
>>
I CANNOT GET THAT FAGGOT ORANGURU TO SHOW UP IN THE MASALADA SHOP IN MALIE CITY
>>
>>30141125
Nature is important, it's a big increase

All stats are important really, but if you really can't be bothered getting perfects, at least get the IVs that matter like Speed for fast attackers
>>
>>30141157
No, but my balltism still made me waste a shitton of them to catch it with
>>
>>30141205
I don't know if it's a coincidence but it showed up for me after I beat the game
>>
>>30141205
And yes its night time in my game. 1:03am in game time
>>
Any time I go to Festival Plaza and talk to someone all it says is that they're one of my guest so they don't give me any FCs.

What do I do then? Just do the mini games?
>>
>>30141151
The volcano is the next trial after the water one.
>>
What are Big and Tiny Mushrooms used for in this game?
>>
>>30141286
red text box means they'll gib points
>>
Where can I force a double battle to teach Smeargle moves?
>>
>>30141295
I see.
It's fine, I just ran into another Feebas after all this trying again.
Caught it this time.

Thank fuck.
>>
How do you get the shiny charm? Is it the national or regional dex you have to complete?
How much does it raise your chances?
>>
>>30141331
Battle Tree.
>>
Can you even breed Synchronize Abras? I've been getting nothing but Inner focus ones.
>>
>>30141393
Is that the only place? My Smeargle is really low level, I feel like he'll get his shit pushed in before he can Sketch.
>>
>>30136160
Got a calm female Pop after a few resets, good luck anon bro!
>>
>>30141465
SOS Battles.
>>
>>30141465
You don't have to force double battles anymore. Just start SOS battles with Smeargle.
>>
I was using the GTS to get a Rowlet, after finally finding one that hadn't already been traded I got disconnected and now it won't let me trade. Said to come back later and after an hour it still won't let me trade. What the fuck is this
>>
>>30141625
Just breed your starter and deposit it asking for a Rowlet
>>
>>30141310
>>30141390
bump
>>
>>30141390
Regional according to google. Not sure, but I suspect the same as XY/ORAS.
I hope this excludes all the event legendary Pokemon.

>>30141465
>>30141331
I taught my Smeargle moves using wild Smeargle.

>have Parasect with Spore / False Swipes out first
>find Smeargle
>use Spore / False Swipes or desired move
>wild Smeargle uses sketch to copy the attack
>send out own Smeargle
>use Sketch on wild Smeargle
>catch wild Smeargle just cause
>>
>>30141700
It won't let me trade at all. Period.

I get they used that to stop rage quitters during battle but a fuck up with the GTS shouldn't lock you out for an hour+
>>
So, I'm at the point of the league. Do I have to do it first before I can catch UB's? Or can I do it later?
>>
>>30133683
Anyone have the QR list?
>>
>>30142069
http://pokemongohub.net/pokemon-sun-moon-qr-codes/
took 2 seconds to google
>>
new
>>30142174
>>30142174
>>
>>30139666
In Sun, you already have the tropical shirt Dexio wears by default. Check the changing room.
Thread posts: 366
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.