[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gen 8 new mechanic >no pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

>gen 8 new mechanic
>no pokemon
>>
>alt universe where team flare succeeded
>>
>>30132422

There can't be a new generation without new Pokémon.
>>
>trainer becomes the pokemon using PokéSouls or whatever
>>
>>30132457

a Regional Threat is nothing.
>>
File: upset.jpg (141KB, 482x500px) Image search: [Google]
upset.jpg
141KB, 482x500px
>>30132514
>Mystery Dungeon becomes the mainline
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 378x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 378x470px
>gen 8 introduces 85 new ultra beasts and no new pokemon
>>
They're going to have to stop sometime. Gen 20 or whatever ain't gonna have like 2000 pokemon.
1. It'd be hard to catch 'em all
2. It'd be really hard to choose just 6 for a team
The gimmicks are annoying. I may sound like a shit by saying this but gen 4 and 5 were just right. I miss em.
>>
>>30132608

Stop playing Pokémon.
>>
>>30132608
>1. It'd be hard to catch 'em all
You just have to catch ~100 pokemon every generation, not that hard.
>>
File: Xerneas_Pokédex_entry_(1).jpg (29KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Xerneas_Pokédex_entry_(1).jpg
29KB, 480x270px
>>30132457

Life Pokémon restored All of Humanity in that Alternative timeline.
>>
File: NANI!?.png (533KB, 847x436px) Image search: [Google]
NANI!?.png
533KB, 847x436px
>>30132422
Thank heavens, we can stop playing Pokemon now.
>>
File: box-montage.png (314KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
box-montage.png
314KB, 1280x960px
>>30132557

But UBs are Pokémon.

According to in-game universe canon information.
>>
File: IMG_3712.png (802KB, 871x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3712.png
802KB, 871x720px
>>30132514
>game makes ReBurst canon
>gameplay suddenly turns into Virtual On
>>
>>30132693
>>30132608
>>30132422
Honestly I like that they're slowing down in a sense. Gen V had like what, over 150 Pokemon? It's a lot to keep track of and a lot of them were basically similar to Gen I families. Now they can be more concise, but breathing new life into older Pokemon through Mega Evolutions and regional variants.

My only concern is that they set up patterns and people are going to complain when the patterns aren't followed. For example, why are Dragonite, Goodra, Hydreigon, and the new Pseudo the only Legendaries without Mega Evolutions? Why do only the Kanto and Hoenn starters have Mega Evolutions? Stuff like that.
>>
>>30132457
They would have fucking destroyed the universe anyway.
>>
I really really hope the new game involves saving the old universe.
>>
>>30132877
The only way to save the old universe is don't play the new games.
>>
>PokéPendulum
>>
>>30132821
>I enjoy that I'm getting less content.
You're disgusting.
>>
>>30132908

Who came up with fan theory?
>>
>>30132908
Not playing the new games is the best way to save the franchise
>>
I agree with this anon >>30132821. After Gen V, we need some time to get all of the new pokemon fully into our system before we have another huge batch. Releasing a full 150 or so every gen was fine at the start, but for me even Gen III was starting to be a bit too much, too fast; I remember only the smallest handful of pokemon from Gen IV.

More Gen V pokemon stuck in my head than Gen IV or even Gen III because EVERY pokemon was new. It was like a whole new game, and for a time I could clear my mind of other pokemon and just focus on a brand new set of 150. I was upset when Gen VI barely released any pokemon, but by the time Gen VII came out I was sort of glad. Having two generations of introducing a handful of new pokemon scattered among old favourites (especially how Gen VII handled Alolan formes) has helped us (at least me) to mentally amalgamate all of the past generations to the point where seeing an Arbok next to a Heliolisk, or a Tentacruel next to a Toxipex isn't strange.

I think after Gen VII, all of our currently pokemon existing pokemon will be sufficiently familiarized to eachother, and we'll once again be ready for a generation of entirely new pokemon ala I/V.
>>
>>30133625
Why is it that Gamefreak's worst brown nosers always use that 'old favorites' line? Seriously, every single fucking time.
>>
>>30133625
Maybe Pokemon stars will release a few more.
>>
>>30133709
If trying to see things in a positive light rather than having a bad attitude about everything makes me a brown noser, I'm okay with that.

What's wrong, specifically, with the phrase "old favourites?"

>>30133710
My hope is that Pokemon stars adds in more Alolan formes, and maybe some split evolutions for Alolan native mons. For example, adding a male evolution of Salandit, or held-item evolution for Miniore that retains the core-form colour.
>>
>>30133799
Because all of you scum uses it. Every time someone rightfully attacks Gen 6 or 7 for having so few new pokemon, you morons come in to shout "B-BUT WHAT ABOUT MUH OLD FAVORITES!?"

All of you are part of the same brain-dead hivemind.
>>
File: persona BW.jpg (409KB, 673x958px) Image search: [Google]
persona BW.jpg
409KB, 673x958px
>>30132422
>Focus of Gen VIII is "making the world of Pokémon come to life"
>Introduces social sim elements
Would be comfiest game ever desu
>>
>>30133942
>Romanceable mons
>>
>>30133831
I'm not mindlessly defending anything. I'm simply suggesting that perhaps in the long run, temporarily slowing the release of new Pokemon will be better for the franchise and fandom.

Gen VI and VII have their share of problems, I'll be the last to deny it, but denouncing anyone who speaks positively about them is childish dichotomous thinking.

Why are you so quick to revert to angry words and insults, anon?
>>
>>30133942
Comfiest game will be sinnoh remake with the snowy cabin.
>>
>>30134878
>Sinnoh remake is tropical
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.