[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that Gen 7 topped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: sun-moon-169-en.jpg (53KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
sun-moon-169-en.jpg
53KB, 578x327px
Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that Gen 7 topped 5 storywise?
>>
>>30131246
I think gen 5 had a better story, but 7s was executed much better. If 5 was in-depth and cutscene heavy as 7, then it would trump 7 by a mile.
>>
>>30131246
no we cant. pokemon black and white had the story line that everyone thought of in the pervious gens. PETA storyline. lusamaine being a mental bitch isnt better than that
>>
>>30131246
No, but it's definitely second-best.

At the very least it's way better than the really stupid shit we got in Gen 6.
>>
>>30131246
>free all your pokémon
>b-b-but it's okay if we use them

Nah, gen 5 story was trash. The only good thing was N.
I think Gen 7's story is miles better.
>>
>>30131246
>muh Nebby
>I don't like battles
>I get lost like a retarded toddler
>Did I mention that I don't like battles
>muh Nebby
>I got lost again XD
>LMAO MASALADA XDDDD
>>
>>30131334
This, the only thing I liked about the story of Gen 6 was Team Flare's genocide motivation.
>>
>>30131246
Nah, gen 7's characters are butts compared to gen 5s. Executed better though.
>>
>>30131246
Fuck yes, Gen 5's story was obnoxiously retarded.

>b-but m-muh it makes us question the franchise :(

Gen 5 deserves its hate, this board, like /v/ just has tremendously shit taste.
>>
>>30131272
>>30131405
Agreeing with these two for the most part

The execution and presentation in Gen VII is pretty good, at least by Pokemon standards.
>>
>>30131350
Can you just not enjoy anything?
>>
>>30131350
You can make everything sound retarded with autistic green-texting.
>>
>>30131420
Definitely, the PETA thing was cliche and overrated by everyone. I still think the story is good though and second to gen 7's because of N mostly.
>>
>>30131338
This. I stopped paying attention to the story when this overly retarded discrepancy happened.
>>
>>30131350
>muh purloin
>release your pokemon
>did I mention to release your pokemon?
>PLASMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>I'll rule the region!
>I'll freeze the region!
>did I mention purloin?
>LMAO RELEASE YOUR POKEMON XD

Look I can do it too.
>>
>>30131438
I enjoy good things. The story in SM isn't one.

Excessive pointless cutscenes for such a basic plot, under-used concepts, absent opposite version legendary, BOTH evil teams aren't even evil, just a bunch of morons.

>>30131475
That's how retarded SM is.
BW's characters needed half of the cutscenes to convey more than SM ever did.
>>
I like Gen VII, but I feel like Gen V did character development better. Still, right now Gen VII might be at least in my top 3 gens for main games.
>>
>>30131438
>unironically enjoying things

Disgusting.
>>
>>30131246
They're about the same, with even worse characters railroading your ass, literally forcing you to go to and stay in certain places for pure "Press A to continue" story reasons.

At least gen 7 has a less retarded theme that isn't all over the place.
>>
>>30131519
>BW's characters needed half of the cutscenes to convey more than SM ever did.

Ahahahahaha
>>
>>30131539
What character development? Please don't tell me you are talking about Bianca and the other literally who.
>>
>>30131509
Notice how varied your quotes are compared to mine.

You're pretty much proving my point.

As for Purrloin, what did you expect? That he stops inquiring about his sister's Pokemon?

Meanwhile, what's the point of Hau talking about his meals so much? Who cares?

And Lillie... what a fucking stick in the mud. 80% of what she says is putting herself down, 20% is relevant to the plot.

>>30131577
Laugh more, faggot. Enjoy watching your generic "character development", straight out of a shitty school life anime.
>>
>>30131475
>>30131509
This.
>>
>>30131618
>someone literally thought having a anime trope character that doesn't battle you was a good thing in a pokemon game
>>
>>30131539
>character development
Which characters did you consider "developed" in Gen 5? Only N really had backstory, the only other shallow kind of development was your rivals (who mind you didn't participate in the story very much) find out what they want to do in life.
>>
>>30131618
Considering this shitpost I'm sure that you loved SM, as you clearly can't pay attention to shit and need the game to hammer the same point over and over in your head.
>>
>>30131685
>immediately getting passive-agressive because he knows he doesn't have a point

Heh.
>>
>>30131639
Of course my quotes are gonna be more varied if all you do is cherrypick one character and pretend that's the entire story.
>>
I mean, SM had far more relatable characters than
EDGY GREEN HAIR KID SO MYSTERIOUS HE GOES BY A LETTER
And Darth faggot wannabe literally wearing my mothers old carpet
>>
>>30131246
Gen 7 advantage id the expressiveness of everyone in top of some stronger characterization than what we've generally seen before.

My biggest gripe would be it's climax was weak compared to black white. In bw you were licked in a final confrontation with N and Ghetsis. The league battle wasn't about being the best but deciding unovas fate. It felt grand and final. With sun moon they opted to have the usual evil team beaten before elite 4. That kind of makes the confrontation against the elite 4 secondary and an afterthought. I think they should consider the idea of the evil team of some kind being defeated after the elite 4. Delta Episode seemed like gf way of experimenting on that idea, and I think it would help serve to strengthen the story. In fact just drop the whole Elite 4 shit and do something different. You got rid of gyms so why not?
>>
Ghetsis appeared in 2 (two) games and yet he hasn't even half as much substance as motherfucking Guzma.
>>
>>30131777
Yeah because typical princess girl that everyone loves and her edgy brother are way more relatable.
>>
>>30131727
>be intentionally obtuse
>wants arguments

>>30131741
And they aren't? You're only away from her while doing trials, then immediately you're back to helping her, either from her mom, Team Skull, and even from herself as you're apparently her babysitter.

When it's not her, it's Hau with the same tired speech. Dude from beginning to the end of the game doesn't gives a shit about anything.

Comparing those two to Bianca and Cheren is a joke. Both found what they wanted to do with their lives, without needing to shove it down your throat like Lillie and Hau.

>>30131841
>dude wants power
>dude uses his son to get power
>dude snaps

If you want more than this, I suggest a book rather than a pokemon game.
>>
>>30131891
DUDE BUT SHE'S CUTE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND
>>
>>30131420
>>30131498
How was this gen any better?

The evil team was a joke and why the fuck do I care about lillies mom?

If it wasnt for the graphics this shit would be horrid
>>
File: 1478409495655.png (729KB, 1000x1562px) Image search: [Google]
1478409495655.png
729KB, 1000x1562px
>>30131891
>Lillie
>Princess
If you're gonna shitpost, at least make some fucking sense.
>>
>>30131246

No and BW/BW2 never had the best story.
>>
>>30132095
Why don't you tell us what she is
>>
I honestly preferred being around Kiawe, Mallow and Lana than I did either Lillie or Hau. In fact, I preferred interacting with all the side characters like Molyane and Kukui to name a few than Hau and Lillie.

Game is full if charming characters, but they force down on us the most generic and obnoxious characters.
>>
>>30131943
>Both found what they wanted to do with their lives, without needing to shove it down your throat like Lillie and Hau.

Ah yes, let's just ignore that Cheren waits in every fucking route for you just to annoy the shit out of you with his "muh strength".
That moment when Alder opened his eyes was specially retarded.
>MUHHS STRENGHT
>Why do you desperately want to become stronger?
>O-OH...
>>
>>30132163
Yeah, second island was my favorite. Even though its linear like all the rest because it was all trials instead of trials+story sequences it felt the most open.
>>
>>30132170
That was the fuckin point you moron.
>>
>>30132170
>Ah yes, let's just ignore that Cheren waits in every fucking route for you just to annoy the shit out of you with his "muh strength".

Oh no, I'm getting challenged for pokemon battles in a Pokemon game! What a tragedy.
>>
>>30131246
>You're an irrelevant nobody and slave to Lillie
>Unending cutscenes
No.
>>
>>30132095
>Team Skull literally calls her Princess in dialogue.
>>
>Guzma
>was a aspiring young trainer who wanted to become a captain
>failed and never reached his goal
>became depressed and fought with his dad to the point where he hit him with a golf cub
>left his family to join a group with fellow rejects
>helps out the AE because Lusamine is the first person who don't view him as trash

>Ghetsis
>REEEEEEEEEEEE I want to conquer the world, only I am allowed to have Pokeymans. Reasons? Motivations? Any background? Fuck that, I'm evil for the sake of being evil!!
>>
>>30131504
>>30131338
The explained why they needed to use their pokemon temporarily to ensure everyone else released theirs first. IIRC some members didn't have any pokemon
>>
>>30132416
>I'm evil for the sake of being evil!!

What is greed
>>
>>30132791
A crappy, one-dimensional motivation.
>>
>>30132791
Targeting world-domination because of greed is one of the worst tropes

And even then, they didn't bother showing us what excactly sparkled his desire. Literally no background. SM did way better with Guzma and Lusamina in that regard.
>>
>>30132882
>>30132930
So a natural human trait is bad, a random obsession with a Pokemon and the cliche tragic childhood is good.

The sad part is that GF will listen to you and continue with "tragic" villains that aren't even threatening.
>>
>>30131246

Honestly? I've never beaten a Pokemon within less than a month after release until S/M. I haven't enjoyed a Pokemon game this much since G/S/C.

Now if only I could drag my livingdex out of my Pokebank and into Sun already. I'm never going to hunt for everything and recapture a 6 IV Ditto ever again, so I guess I'm done with this game until January.
>>
>>30133195
Are you fucking 12 or something? Trying to conquer the world because "muahaha I am evil it is mine" is the hallmark of shitty writing.
>>
>>30133195
>world domination
>world domination because of fucking greed of all things
>not the most chlicheed shit ever

Fuck off, dumb frogposter.
>>
>>30131338
That was the idea. The "good" members of plasma would release theirs after everyone else did, while the "bad" members would just keep them for the power. Internal struggle even between the antagonistic team.
>>
File: 1479839501051s.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1479839501051s.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>30131246
100% so. Gen 7..I think is going to be one of those games that when we look back on it, will be really..really praised for it's design, execution and story.

It's just a pity it came with such few new pokemon, not including the aloha versions. But I really thing that Game Freaks did a masterful job overall with the mechanics of the game. (not including some 'baby's first poke game shit like telling you if a move is effective or not)
>>
>>30131246
Yes but the poor graphics cutscenes on my old 3ds killed it for me. Also it's kinda short. I still love it though.
>>
File: 97c.gif (112KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
97c.gif
112KB, 600x338px
>>30133300
Who the fuck cares, dude? It's good enough for a villain, I don't need an essay on that. All I need is a good reason to stop this person from doing what they want.

Meanwhile, I have NO REASON to go out of my way to help Lillie and beat Lusamine. All your "backstory" or "depth" goes out of the window once you realize that this has nothing to do with me, and it's really aggravating when I'm forced to do so because "reasons".

Go fap to Lusamine or Lillie or whatever, degenerate otaku. Your disgusting kind will fucking kill this series just like you ruined Fire Emblem, you eat any pandering shit as long as it's a cute female, without even questioning anything.
>>
>>30133730
>I am unable to care about or see from other people's perspective
You do realize you have clinical autism right?
>>
Gen 5's story would have been better in a game that wasn't for kids because the limitations made it seem so much more shallow than it should have been

SM's story on the other hand was more cliche and predictable but the writing and characters were so much better and the tone was so much more lighthearted until shit got serious that it pretty easily beats Gen 5
>>
>>30131246
Gen 5 had a very ambitious storyline that tried to develope delicate themes of the Pokemon world. The problem is that it shied away from giving a true conclusion to those themes at the last minute, its like the game realise it could not answer its own questions and just decided to give a traditional Pokemon ending to the story, its was flat and uninspired.

At least S/M, from what I have seem so far, (did not play the game yet) doesn't abandon his main theme, even if its not as "epic" as Gen 5 was.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.