[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Ultra Beasts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: nihilego-ow.jpg (25KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
nihilego-ow.jpg
25KB, 400x240px
Everywhere I look, I keep seeing stuff about how apparently the Ultra Beasts destroyed the universe or the world that housed Gen I to V. Maybe I went through the postgame sidequest too quickly or maybe I didn't pay attention but I saw nothing that explicitly stated this. But I keep seeing how that's confirmed. Why on earth would they want to basically retcon and destroy what was effectively the series history, which they are celebrating twenty years of now?

To anyone else who has done the postgame sidequest about the UBs, was this stated anywhere explicitly? Was there anything that could give credence to this idea? Did I just miss something and I'm stupid?
>>
>>30123250
It's not true. People are bullshitting
>>
>>30123250
They didn't, it's just headcanon shit.
>>
>>30123250
>destroy gen I-V universe
>cancerous shit no one asked for
>retarded designs
>yfw you realized the UBs are a metaphor for NuGamefreak
>>
>>30123250
No. It's just speculation because Anabel came from the original Hoenn through a wormhole, so people automatically assume that she's from the same universe as the UBs.

Wormholes can lead to different places, you know.
>>
>>30123357
Who did even shit up that wormhole theory?
>>
>>30123250
the two universes are most likely as follows
FRLG - HGSS - ORAS - DP Remake - BW - B2W2 - XY - SM

RBY - GSC - RSE - DPP

since we know the events of every game are canon to some extent
>>
I like the "original worlds got rekt" theory since it means everything Zinnia did was even more pointless.
>>
>>30123456
B-but OG dawn is dead then:( i don't want some cheap knock off.
>>
>>30123357
There's even a whole thing with the dimensions research lab stating "There must be multiple dimensions based one what we know about Pokemon" and cites Pokedex Entries.
>>
>>30123440
That's wrong as fuck anon.
>>
>>30123440
Why treat them as different universes?
They're literally retellings of the same story with new games adding previously unshown parts.
It's not like any of them are exact depictions of the pokemon world.
>homeless fat guy
>>
>>30123250
I think the fact that an eleven year old who has been training Pokemon for a week was able to beat ten of those things alone means that theory is bullshit
>>
>Fanon Discontinuity: The Reveal the Ultra Beasts apparently destroyed the pre-Gen VI Pokémon universes is getting this from a number of fans due to the implications it comes with, and feeling like a shameful thing to do with the characters from those games. However, part of this comes from the ambiguity of the situation itself, as it's not completely established if they killed everyone, or "only" enough people to destroy society. Not helping is the fact that they were introduced in the same game that was meant to celebrate Pokémon's 20th Anniversary, by destroying what was previously established.
this explains why all of you are saying this stuff is headcanon.
>>
>>30125810
Well is it or is it not?
>>
>>30123357
Wormholes have always been in pokemon. Hell just look at the pokemon that are transferred from previous games. The games literally state that they transferred through time and space.
>>
>>30125836
>Fanon Discontinuity is the act of fans mentally writing out certain events in a show's continuity which don't sit well, no matter if it's a single episode, a season-length arc, an entire season or even an entire series. If a plot or ending rubs one the wrong way severely enough, fandom can just decide that the offending events never happened
TL:DR /vp/ not accepting the fact that ultra beasts destroyed the pre-gen 6 universes
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.