[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is toxapex so good? will it be the new ferrothorn or does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1479571846772.jpg (32KB, 800x687px) Image search: [Google]
1479571846772.jpg
32KB, 800x687px
why is toxapex so good? will it be the new ferrothorn or does it have a different niche? what are you going to do to counter everyone's new waifu?
>>
>>30121765
>waifu
Holy shit why do people keep saying this about fucking TOXAPEX of all goddamn things?

Look at it
LOOK AT IT

That's like saying Cloyster is a waifumon, yes I am mad and also confused
>>
>>30121814
Cloyster is a figurative vagina man. You can waifu it.
>>
>>30121828
Cloyster is literally my mom's vagina
>>
>>30121765
>no 4x weakness

REEEEEE DIE YOU PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>30121845
SPIKEY VULVA
>>
>tfw wanted to use Toxa as a poison offense with its ability
>shit attack stats but amazing defense
well its still good at least, poison got a lot of love in gen 7
>>
>>30121765
>*pivots eternally*
>>
>>30121765
OHKOs I guess. What else is there? You could inflict a burn to chip away at it I guess, but regenerator makes it a fucking wall.

It's shit for offense though, so in theory any highly offensive electric or psychic mon would be safe. Even a frail Alakazam could probably take at least one round of pin missile from this thing, and could perhaps 2hko the Toxa
>>
File: 1478215222377.png (2MB, 1681x1473px) Image search: [Google]
1478215222377.png
2MB, 1681x1473px
>>30121765
Bulu's Wood Hammer really puts a dent into Toxapex. Now I'm not saying it's a hard-counter or anything, but it does make a neat check.
>>
>>30121814
>that Lovey Couple in HGSS with a male Onix and a female Cloyster
You can waifu it.
>>
>>30121765
I think the HP is too low desu
>>
>>30122679
Max out HP, train Def and SpD to equal levels, and ta-da, best bulkmon
>>
>>30121765
Post yfw Toxapex is to the meta game, what its irl counterpart is to coral reefs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ardrFZuFkU&t=148s
>>
>>30122763
That triton snail though
He just enveloped the venomous spikes, zero fucks given
>>
>>30121765
What set do you guys run on this?

I'm thinking of making a core with specially defensive Ferrothorn with the following

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Regenerator
Bold
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD, 0 Atk IV
-Scald
-Toxic
-Recover
-Poison Protect (I can't remember the name)
>>
>>30121765
>why is toxapex so good? will it be the new ferrothorn or does it have a different niche?

funny thing is that grass/steel is the only typing to have the best synergy with water/posion. You know what that means. Niche is different. Pex is a wall. Ferro is a hazarad setter/pivot/annoyer/spin blocker(because of iron barbs)

>what are you going to do to counter everyone's new waifu?
beat everything else and leave pex for the end or run more psychic/electric/special ground types.
>>
>>30121891
Read it, then unspoiled it, guessed correctly. GG.
>>
>>30123059
Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Regenerator
Bold
252 HP/168 Def/88 SpD
-Infestation
-Toxic
-Recover
-Haze/Baneful Bunker
>>
>>30123059
What's the point of the 0 attack IV? Am I missing something?
>>
>>30123163
paranoia from foul play and confusion status from hurricane.
>>
>>30123163
Foul Play, just to make certain M-Sableye easier to deal with

>>30123104
Why Infestation over Scald?
>>
>>30123181
>>30123223
Strength Sap is an additional reason now as well since it heals the user by the opponent's attack stat
>>
>>30123223
Not the same guy, but scald seems like a waste as you've got toxic/bane for status, and Tox wouldn't deal hardly any damage with it either.

With poisoning (bad or regular), a rocky helmet and infestation, Toxapex could actually be giving decent damage every turn while still being fully invested in defenses. Combine that with regenerator and you've got a huge threat in any format.
>>
>>30123223
i like the 12.5% damage per turn and negating double switches. I don't like 30% burn rate and burn nerf dealing 6% per turn instead of 12.5%.

Scald is better if you have a balanced team. I don't find scald very useful ins stall teams, where people love to double switch.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.