[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The future of PokeRide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2079.jpg (65KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2079.jpg
65KB, 400x240px
Of all the overworld gimmicks this gen, PokeRide has a high likelihood of returning next gen.

So in future games, which Pokémon would you like to see become rideable? Preferably those that add something mechanically unique to the feature? Some ideas from me:
>a Golduck which you ride on the shoulders of. Jesus walks across water if constantly in motion and floats when idle, propping the trainer above water in the process. Can also be rode on land; there is seamless transition between the two
>a Probopass which you piggyback on; acts as a manual repel, with the exception of Steel, Rock, Ground, and Electric types, which have an increased rate of 300%. Has the slightest chance to summon Pokémon of those types even on routes where there otherwise wouldn't be any
>a Mamoswine which is slow (not much faster than walking) but sturdy, capable of navigating icy terrain without sliding. Also stomps tall grass which temporarily renders it unoccupied by Pokemon (only after dealing with any initial encounters)
>>
>a Throh which lives up to its namesake and can toss you over ledges
>a Torterra which is slow as sin but perpetually produces berries every hundred or so steps
>a Samurott which is operates like Sharpedo in SM with the exception being it can be used on land as well
>an Absol which can be used to dash away from wild encounters if you're quick enough
>>
Bump my shitty thread
>>
>an Electivire that illuminates dark caves
>a Yanmega who travels quickly and can blow away fog
>a Heracross that can headbutt trees and climb up walls
>>
>>30122315
I like em but let's not assume shit like fog and dark caves will ever return
>>
File: sexy gourd.jpg (500KB, 1280x1707px)
sexy gourd.jpg
500KB, 1280x1707px
Gardevoir.
>>
I don't really care, I'm just thankful as hell that it got rid of HMs

Pokeride off the menu really makes things more seamless
>>
>>30121561
We need an auto dash ridemon

Also a Mantine that you dive with
>>
>>30122659
NO! No more dive! It's like you actually LIKED Hoenn!
>>
Watch as HMs suddenly return in the DP remakes and Masuda will defend it saying "Pokeride was an Alola exclusive!"
>>
This is how I would do it.

>Follow - Pokemon below 9'05" appear behind you and follow you. Longer Pokemon (Serperior, Milotic etc) can still be used. Giant Pokemon (Wailord, Steelix) cannot be used. Most legendaries cannot be used regardless of height limit (Arceus, Mewtwo). Following Pokemon receives an effect like in generation 4 and ties in with Pokemon Refresh. They find stuff like Stoutland Search.
>Ride - Any grounded (non-Flying/Levitate) Pokemon above 3'11" can be ridden. Like Tauros Ride but a simple model change. Can still smash through stuff by accumulating speed.
>Fly - Any Flying/Levitate Pokemon over 4'07" can be ridden into the air. Again, a simple model change from Charizard Ride.
>Drift - Any Pokemon that could learn Surf in previous generations and/or weighs more than 450 lbs can be slowly surfed on and fished whilst upon.
>Jet - Any Pokemon that could learn Surf in previous generations and/or weighs less than 450 lbs can be ridden on as a fast Surf like Sharpedo Jet.

Literally just model swap everything. I don't get the problem. Every single Pokemon already has a model.
>>
>>30123091
I just want following back :c
>>
File: 1471526973882.png (307KB, 815x608px) Image search: [Google]
1471526973882.png
307KB, 815x608px
>they bring back HMs next gen because of how much people complain about change
>>
Deep sea dive Milotic would be cool
>>
>>30123278
milotic doesn't really seem like the right pokemon for that, though, something like jellicent would be more fitting
>>
>>30123091
if they can be bothered to do idle animations for most of the bird Pokemon what makes you think they'd do those animations for all those pokemon?
>>
>>30122614
You.... Do know about the D-Pad shortcut right?

That you can hotkey rides to the D-Pad by tapping the little cross next to them in the menu.
>>
File: 1479591234820.jpg (35KB, 301x351px) Image search: [Google]
1479591234820.jpg
35KB, 301x351px
>>30123137
>They bring them back
>Legions of retards will defend gamefreak still
>>
>>30122955
>pokemon in the alola region are more inclined to help others!
not verbatim but an actual line from the game that defends this possibility
>>
>>30124031
Every time I think "Nah they're not that dumb" I remember that Super Training went up in smoke for no good reason.
>>
>>30122659
Stoutland is pretty fast without sacrificing control.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.