[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /vp/ what will it be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: gyms.jpg (15KB, 298x169px) Image search: [Google]
gyms.jpg
15KB, 298x169px
Gyms or Trials?

Did you miss them?
>>
>>30121493
personally, I wish there were stuff like "secret" trials for the Flying, Psychic, and Ice Z crystals.
>>
If gyms continue to be as unspectacular as they were in X/Y, keep trials. If they were as good as the ones in B/W, bring gyms back.

I'd rather have both at once, I hope they manage to make a game like this.
>>
Trials all the way, but lets make it more than 7 next time. Unless they go back to the BW days in which gym leaders actually interacted and felt like actual people, then i'll take gym leaders again.
>>
BW and BW2 did gyms right.
XY fucked it up again.

I'd rather have trials, because even if they're not as good as BW/2 gyms, they're a step up from gen 6's many, many mistakes.
>>
Trials are a nice change of pace and allow them to be more creative with the game and story progress. The lead up to the Kahuna on each island with trials taking place along the way really helped to make the setting more memorable and unique and not just mostly similar towns with grassy paths in between.
>>
The gyms in XY were awful and I can't remember a single team aside from the first two gym leaders.

Meanwhile the totems are super memorable and fun, even if the trials themselves are somewhat hit or miss. But I think its a good system.
>>
>>30121555
>>30121567
>>30121588
The paid ad was right
>>
Incorporating trials instead of gyms was a really good decision. It made it feel like Alola really was different, which makes a lot of sense. They also gave a lot of opportunity for the Trial Captains and even the Kahunas to be developed more than most Gym Leaders.

Gameplay-wise, most totems are on a very different difficulty scale from gyms, considering it's a 2v1 against a Pokemon that usually outclasses your average mon by quite a bit.

Honestly, the change of pace was very refreshing, and if we ever re-visit Alola, I hope gyms are completely out of sight.
>>
Should of had to complete the trial, unlocking access to a gym.
>>
>>30121493
Trials were a nice change, it wasn't just "Okay fight these few trainers then get to the end."

Totem pokemon have interesting fights if you don't overlevel.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.