[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We speculate on gen 7 Mystery Dungeon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: Super Mystery Dungeon.jpg (183KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Super Mystery Dungeon.jpg
183KB, 1280x720px
ITT: We speculate on gen 7 Mystery Dungeon.
>>
>>30116506
My expectations:
It will build on Super and will be a Switch exclusive. Alola Forms are renamed to "regional variants" in the whole franchise so they aren't a problem. Z moves take team attack's place. Plot is sadly going to be pure Explorerfags pandering.
>>
>>30116782
>>30116782
What do you mean by Explorersfags pandering exactly?
>>
It will be shit
>>
Oh good, it's an official pic.

For a second, I thought it was going to be...that. You know the one.
>>
>>30116836
You know exactly what I mean.
>>
>>30116506
Starters are: all starters from all generations (21) + Pikachu, Lucario, and Rockruff (3), giving the total of 24 Pokémon.

I've noticed that all PMDs of the current Gen always use one of the cover legendaries in the story as important character, so I think it will be related to Cosmog and Ultra Beasts.
>>
>>30116867
I don't know, which one?
>>
>>30117058
Almost forgot: the item that allowed to introduce stones to mega evolve also has a variation to make Z-Moves.
>>
Cant wait! I loved Gates To Infinity graphics but the content was a bit lackluster

Super was amazing, had sso much fun with it

Hope next one is on 3ds still as the games work very well on it
>>
>>30116506
The thing is there will never be any other Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game that can keep up with Super's GAINAX-tier story and befriending system so unless they give you a new supe crazy convenient system or completely overhaul the combat you will never be satisfied anymore
>>
>>30116506
Wont be as good as Sky
>>
File: WVW69iRBM3Ehr1wNxQ.png (3MB, 1700x1700px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69iRBM3Ehr1wNxQ.png
3MB, 1700x1700px
>>30116867
>>30117074
you mean THIS one?
>>
>>30117152
Damn, Explorers of Sky is still the best?

I think they should've stayed 2D. I really liked how Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky's 2D looked on my 3DS.
>>
File: nick-young-confused-face.jpg (30KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
nick-young-confused-face.jpg
30KB, 505x431px
>>30117124
I'm on chapter 15 right now and just finished Showdown Mountain and Sky is still my favourite storywise, I like Red/Blue Rescue Team more storywise as well but I'm still having fun.

Does it pick up heavily at some point where I'm at?

>>30117085
I heard Gates to Infinity was bad, but I still really want to try it.
>>
>>30117124
>that can keep up with Super's GAINAX-tier story
Nah

>befriending system
Could have been way better

>a new supe crazy convenient system
What do you mean?

>completely overhaul the combat
It wouldn't be MD if they did.

>>30117152
Nice meme.

>>30117183
Sky is just as good as Super and even BRT (if you ignore everything about menus).
>>
>>30116506
It will put me to sleep like every other game in the series
>>
>>30116506
(You) turn into a Cosmog.
>>
>>30117189
>Does it pick up heavily at some point where I'm at?
Yeah, not too long from where you're at.
>>
>>30117160
Well fuck.
>>
>>30117058
Personally, I'd like to see Marshadow.
>>
Cosmog will be your forced partner.
>>
>>30117189
>I heard Gates to Infinity was bad, but I still really want to try it.
Its not THAT bad, in fact the story is awesome and so are the characters.

Pokemon roster and not so much dungeons is what sucks

If you love Dungeon series you will enjoy it anyway, trust me
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 960x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 960x450px
Anyone else got fucked by the series through the Pokemon transformation concept? I've heard around that this game put an odd yearning in people's heads, me included
>>
>>30117795
>tranformation concept
I've never heard of this.
>>
File: IMG_2178.png (1MB, 1229x781px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2178.png
1MB, 1229x781px
here's a bump.
>>
>>30118102
Probably worded it wrong, but there was a thread a few days back questioning If anyone wanted to be a Pokémon. There was a surprising positive reception and a decent number of non's blamed Mystery Dungeon for it.

That, or a joke went over my head.
>>
>>30116506
When will they allow you to evolve before post game?
>>
>>30118180
SMD :^)
>>
File: 1464491841760.jpg (66KB, 851x623px) Image search: [Google]
1464491841760.jpg
66KB, 851x623px
>there will never be another Pokemon Ranger game
>>
>>30117189
>Does it pick up heavily at some point where I'm at?
You ever watched any GAINAX anime buddy?

>>30117196
Try to come up with a plot that can beat mega rayquaza+deoxys teaming up to destroy meteor summoned by god's evil incarnate
>>
>>30118323
Yes, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt and Gurren Lagann in particular.
>>
>>30118369
well the final boss is basically anti-spiral combined with diebuster's black hole alien
>>
File: B_2C8juUgAALhta.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
B_2C8juUgAALhta.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
>>30116506
I hope they bring back nicknaming Pokemon and get rid of the COLLECT'EM ALL bullshit from SMD, Super made a bunch of leaps forward from Gates in a lot of ways but then took several steps back with that shit. I want to be picky about who gets on my team and personalize their names and shit like in all the old games. Also bring back Gates's system of being able to play as your "B Team" while your main team is away on a mission, I loved that shit. Paradise was great.
>>
Z-Emeras
>>
Super is shit. I hated the merc hiring mechanic that replaced the old recruiting mechanic and it was dumb as fuck having lv50 Salamence early in the game even if you couldn't use him all the time. It became less about the Pokemon and more about what level the dev decided to have them hired at. The first half of the story also dragged on for fucking ever and nearly made me drop the game. Awful pacing, I don't know how anyone can call this a good story.

I hope to god the next PMD removes the fucking merc hiring mechanic and doesn't have the first five to six chapters put the player to sleep.
>>
Return to sprites please :,^)
>>
>>30118709
I can agree with a bit of this but I did enjoy some of the first half.

Took too long to get to the expedition society though.
>>
>>30117189
>I heard Gates to Infinity was bad, but I still really want to try it.
Every PMD is worth playing, the story is pretty good, it has some fucking awesome cutscenes and the bad points about the game can be ignored if you just let yourself enjoy the game, i remember just wanting to keep playing after 2 hours because the story was interesting to me
>>
>>30119537
I would never understand why anyone would call Gates' story good, It was the edgiest shit I've ever seen from a cartoonish game
Like, devil may cry level edgy
>>
>>30119593
It's not edgy, it's fucking cheesy but not edgy.
Edgy would be explorer of sky story
>>
>>30119593
I haven't played it, but is it really that edgy?

I find it quite hard to believe.
>>
>>30119847
>everyone acts like cunts
>virizion rejecting a friendship request because "i don't need friends"
>the entirety of the town you live in

Sky lets you see great leadership and comaraderie story, yes I know Grovyle and Dusknoir are top edge but damn Sky is far from edgy
>>
>>30119867
It isn't edgy, the only edgy part is this one scene where you're walking with your partner and Hydreigon and then Fucking Kyurem land in front of you, freeze solid Hydreigon and then shatters it into a million pieces and then proceed to kick and stomp the fuck outta you trying to kill you until your partner begs at it to stop but other than that it's just corny, the final boss is literally the incarnation of negativity.
>>
I hope we get actual villians this ytime instead of "they were controlled by some inanimate object.".
>>
>>30116506
>pmd thread
FINALLY
>>
>>30119593
>le edgy meme XD

"Everything I don't like is edgy"

>>30119986
Everyone is acting like cunts because of Bitter Cold's influence, did you even fucking play the game? After you beat it everyone goes back to happy cheery sugary sweet mode.
>>
>>30119986
Being an asshole /=/ edgy
>>
>>30116782
>Alola Forms are renamed to "regional variants" in the whole franchise so they aren't a problem.
How about them being one of a kind pokemon that show up in a group as important characters in the story, and imply they are from the human world?
>>
>>30117058
Yveltal was barely even there
>>
>>30117189
It's not bad, far from it, but pretty disappointing as a main entry coming from this exact franchise. You will still have fun if you don't go into maximum autismdrive
>>
Honestly, PMD's plots weren't good. People keep saying Sky's the best Pokemon game with the best plot in video games, but the characters were pretty flat and it was melodramatic as fuck.
>>
Just finished SMD
My qualms:
>Play through the plot for ages
>Only conflicts are still genric misunderstanding-quarrels
>Game counts shit like Beedrill and a friendly Jirachi you're trying to wake up as "main bosses"
>Over half the bosslist in the Main Menu are of said kind
>Just like in Gates To Infinity, no main dungeon has more than 10 floors for no reason
>Removal of regular attacks triggering all kinds of autism when you're a level 70 Giratina vs a lvl 5 pidgey and still have to rely on PP
>MC being weak as shit, with many foes easily oneshotting you unless you ate like 5 orans. Wouldn't be a problem though, if just for difficulty, hadn't it been for:
>Exp yield nerfed to HELL and below. 100 exp being considered a lot. I have 80+ hours played and my character is still level 40 some because there is no way to reliably grind
>Can only get 1 of each mon.
>Can evolve them, but it's pointless as you will just recruit every member of the line anyway. So if you do, you will be stuck with more of the last stage
>>
>>30117124
>GAINAX-tier story
>>30118323
>GAINAX
Pls explain
>>
>>30118323
>summoned by god's evil incarnate
You mean pathetically struggling to even slow down a shitty blob of mean thougts?
>>
>>30118709
>have the first five to six chapters put the player to sleep
Fuck off. The school arc was THE shit
>>
>>30120058
>>le edgy meme XD
>"Everything I don't like is edgy"
Jesus FUCKING christ, this so goddamn much. When and how did this happen?
>>
>>30120298
I sincerely hope you're just a newfag and not someone who says the mainline's plotpoints are good
>>
>>30120298
I completely agree. Gates has probably the best story of the series since it's characters weren't flat like the other games (aside from Super's partner, but he was annoying and his development was an absolute mess), but even that came at the cost of being the most melodramatic of all the PMDs.
>>
Red/Rescue Team = 0079
Explores of Time/Darkness/Sky = Zeta
Gates to Infinity = Victory
Super = ZZ

Am I right?
>>
Oh forgot to mention

Adventure Squad = Build Fighters
>>
File: confusedpika.png (327KB, 816x1052px) Image search: [Google]
confusedpika.png
327KB, 816x1052px
>>30120298
>>30121298
Wait, how exactly are they flat? They seem the opposite of it for the most part and even when they don't develop much they seem pretty fleshed out which I feel is also rather important.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.