[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone dislike and shit on Toucannon?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (45KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
45KB, 300x300px
He's one of the best Regional Birds I've caught and trained!

>Has an Attack stat of 120. (Equal to Staraptor)

>80/75/75 isn't bad for a Regional Bird let alone for a Starter Bird! (Comparable to that of Pidgeot)

>Evolves pretty early at Level 28.

>An Impressive Physical Movepool.
>Only Starter Bird to have its own Signature Move.
>Beak Blast 100BP 100%Acc and can Burn the opponent of contact is made!

> Has two fantastic abilities that it can make full use of!
>Fucking Skill Link and Sheer Force

>Access to Rock Blast AND Bullet Seed! With Skill Link, it can be a deadly threat of left unchecked! (Any Bird Pokémon that has access to moves that are Supereffective against Rock and Ice Types, is a instant GOD TIER!)

>One of the best Design choices (in my opinion).
>Based on the Toco Toucan
>Toucans are known to use their Beaks for Thermoregulation.
>Angriest looking Badass!

Oh but you cunts care about is Base Speed.
>B-But it's too shloww! It can't compete!!!

Use fucking Flame Charge if you fuckers care about speed! (Yes, it can learn it)

If this doesn't convince you that Toucannon isn't complete shit, I don't know what will.

If I had my own Tier list, Toucannon would be placed 2nd place in the God Tier behind Staraptor.
>>
>>30115076
needs more fruit loops
>>
>>30115076
I love this bird, however
>Beak Blast
no
>Making full use of sheer force
no
>Any bird pokemon with coverage against rock and ice is GOD TIER
also no

other than that, it's pretty neat
>>
>>30115213
>Making full use of sheer force
Flame Charge and Steel Wing after a Swords Dance covers a majority of Normal/Flying resists.
>But those aren't good moves!
At least they benefit from Sheer Force when coming from a 120 base Attack.
>>
I like it but it's really not that good
>>
Probably my second favorite regional bird. First would be talonflame
>>
>>30115273
>Flame Charge
>Having to sacrifice a turn to get its speed up to par, using a non-STAB move. Especially in a meta where rocks fuck up flying types.
>Sheer Force
>Barely anything to take advantage of it
>Skill Link
>Cloyster does that shit better with a White herb/Shell Smash set.
>>
it doesnt have useful stab moves for either Skill Link or Sheer Force and its movepool is actually shit
>>
I was going to box it first, but then it evolved right before the totem Lurantis battle. Just used Beak Blast once and won. Best birb confirmed.
>>
>>30115444
>Implying that you're using Furry Attack as a STAB attack over of Rock Blast and Bullet Seed as OP stated.
>>
>>30115586
>Furry Attack
Oh fuck they are starting to organize to strike back. Fucking furries.
>>
>>30115076
Its shit competitively but its my in game bro for sure
>>
>>30115076
>woodpecker
>woodpecker
>toucan
That's why people hate it
>>
>>30115076
>Angriest Looking Badass!
>badass
>literally one shot the one belonging to the E4 member with leaf blade

if it was its own line instead of ruining pikipek or didn't have such an ugly fucking face maybe I'd like it more
>>
>>30115076
definitely annoying to face, but I don't need it. Decidueye covers some flying with solid attack and there's no need for hm requirements.
Im at 3rd island w/ muk, rk9, espeon, decidueye, mimikyu, golisopod. I want the alola ninetales, who do I sub?
>>
>>30115658
Woodpeckers and Toucans are apart of the Piciformes order.
>>
>>30115412
>Assuming if Cloyster uses Shell Smash on its turn instead of attacking.

252+ Atk Choice Band Toucannon Bullet Seed/Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Cloyster: 390-460 (161.8 - 190.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>>
>>30115615
Every regional bird changes like that retard
>>
>>30115797
Then you should have no trouble naming another one?
>>
>>30115412
252+ Atk Choice Band Toucannon Bullet Seed/Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. -1 252 HP / 252 Def Cloyster: 340-400 (111.8 - 131.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>>
>>30115810
Not that guy but pidove
>>
>>30115780
when comparing two similar pokemon you don't compare them fighting each other faggot you compare how they do their fucking jobs as a whole
>>
>>30115608
Kek'ed
>>
>>30115844
But anon, surely in a battle to the death the one who triumphs is superior?
>>
>>30115780
>Assuming if Cloyster uses Shell Smash on its turn instead of attacking.
>Staying/setting up on a Pokemon that probably runs Rock Blast.

What are you doing.
>>
>>30115076
Really? I love the thing. My problem is trying to make it work. Show me your EV spreads
>>
>>30115810
Robin turns into a falcon
Starling turns into a hawk
Sparrow turns into a vulture
Pidgeon turns into a pheasant

Just off the top of my head
>>
>>30115869
Baiting Cloyster users to either KO Toucannon, or baiting them to use Shell Smash. If I were to put in a chances of success, It would be a 6 out of 10
>>
>>30115844
>>30115844
You're right. A Sturdy Clam that becomes a glass cannon that can be KO'd in one hit by either a priority move or any attacking move it doesn't resist, can't do its fucking job!
>>
>>30115965
This is horrendously hypothetical. Cloyster is a set up sweeper that will not stay in against something that has a chance to OHKO it.

Unless you are running a Toucannon like:
252 Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Toucannon: 330-390 (90.6 - 107.1%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO
Then you may have a chance, but Toucannon was not meant to be a tank and will otherwise die to Cloyster.
>>
>>30116128
Sorry, redid the calculations with a Shell Smash set.
252 Atk Life Orb Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toucannon: 390-470 (107.1 - 129.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
This situation is more likely as someone will just opt to kill Toucannon rather than risk a Rockblast.
>>
>>30115412
First of, get good at competitive and then come back.
>>
>>30115076
>that face
Literally the face of disgust
>>
>>30116242
It was more so a situation where Cloyster did use Shell Smash on the first turn. Other than that, as I said before, my chances of success are 6 to 10
>>
>>30115725
>wolf evolves into a walrus
Dw, in the same order
>>
>>30115076
He'll never be Talonflame, not that I'm surprised those are huge shoes to fill
>>
>>30115928
>Stylised baby birds with elements of several species evolving into Stylised raptors with elements of several species.

Unfezant isn't a literal pheasant its basically a raptor pigeon with a pheasant elements.

None of these are the same as stylised baby woodpecker evolving into literally traced fucking real life toucan.

>Pikipek's final evo should have been a Steel/Flying woodpecker with a drill beak and Toucanfucker should have been its own line evolving into a Electric/Flying hornbill with a lightningrod beak.
>>
>>30115076
I'm using it in my team, beak blast is based
>>
It more or less boils down to its kind of unoriginal design, at least thats my opinion. I know it's a toucan, but it's a Pokemon and should probably not just look like just that. It just seems, I dunno, bland?
>>
>>30116637
Well, since Talonflame has been nerfed to oblivion, he has a good chance to usurp him as best bird, along with every other regional bird
>>
>>30116699
Woodpeckers and toucans are related evolution wise. silly youe.
>>
why does it have skill link
>>
>>30115076
desu it and starraptor are the only regional birds i like
>>
>>30115076
Mot me. He's become my team ace. Best burd
>>
>>30115076
because its gimmick relies on it being able to take physical hits and it has incredibly poorly distributed bulk along with nonsensically high spa that it cant even use
gamefreaks demonstrated more than once now that even with a moderately low bst the regional bird doesnt need to be a shitmon, but theyve pretty intentionally made this one garbage in a post-talonflame preventative panic
>>
>>30116852
It actually looks better once you've used one in-game. I like how his stance has him standing sideways ti you, so he's always watching

And his tail is actually stilted at a 45 degree angle with respect to the ground; coupled with how his legs are set, the whole presentation mimics the buttress for a machine gun emplacement. I'd recommend seeing it for yourself. My only problem is how pissed he looks, and how the pipikek line gets more pissed as it evolves. It's kind of sad watching him lose his innocence
>>
>>30117002
See: >>30116601
>>
I guess I just get confused how a Woodpecker turns into a Toucan. Plus im a bit disapointed in the design. Like it seems as if they just made a toucan and changed its eye color. I mean a big beak like that pretty much gives away the idea. You could had played with its colors more or given it a longer neck or a hairdo I dunno...
>>
>>30115076
It's my favourite of the gen, and one of my favourites period.
>>
>>30116923
Pelipper is now best bird
>>
File: p7876926_p_v8_ai.jpg (367KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p7876926_p_v8_ai.jpg
367KB, 960x1440px
>>30115608
>>
>>30115076
Speed.

That is all.
>>
>>30115076
It'll be worse than Swellow. Screencap this.
>>
>>30115810
Pidgeot
Staraptor
Talonflame
Unfeazant
>>
File: 733.png (609KB, 1104x428px) Image search: [Google]
733.png
609KB, 1104x428px
I'll just leave this here
>>
>>30117960
>My only problem is how pissed he looks
He's pissed at losing 15 speed from trumbeak
>>
>>30118291
So... Do genwunners like him?
>>
>>30118291
they look so god damn much like the same person

I would say to them "you want ice cream?" both of them say yes
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.