[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm glad that Gengar got buffed.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: GengarForUbers.png (122KB, 393x400px) Image search: [Google]
GengarForUbers.png
122KB, 393x400px
It's really generous that Gamefreak permitted Gengar to get rid of Toxic Spikes now. Now, teams that run Gengar have a lesser demand for a rapid spinner or second poison type, and will no longer falter towards the attrition provided by poison. Also, new Gengar has a chance to halt the opponent's moves without running disable, which can be useful with focus sash. Overall, I expect Gengar to plausibly rise to Ubers with this upbringing.
>>
>>30114364
>Loses Levitate

No big deal for those who use its Mega, but fuck, I liked using the regular one. I still don't understand why they did this. Yeah, it makes sense, but after all these generations? Come on.

t. Gengarfag who is still mad
>>
>>30114364
You sound like someone who would be retarded enough to run hypnosis, curse, substitute, and dream eater on their Gengar because curse body could lock out their main attack.
>>
>>30114567
do gengar from previous generations have their abilities changed when ported to gen vii? or will they retain levitate?
>>
>>30114905
It'll likely get changed as Levitate was its only ability. There could be a flag change once Gengar is moved from the Bank to Gen VII and there's an acknowledgement that Levitate is no longer its actual ability and would be changed to the ability it has now.
>>
>>30114905
I think only R/B/Y gengars will get new ability, Old gengars send from other games will still have levitate.
>>
>>30115060
the same way that scolipede kept quick feet or that basculin oversight was kept, right?
>>
>>30115097
Good point, but with that Bank sheningns everything can happen and would make a nice suprise.
>>
>>30114905
>>30115060
>>30115132
Fucking hell how are people this retarded. So in denial.
>M-muh Levitate Gengar tho!!
Everyone knows what 3 abilities every mon can have. Levitate's not on the list. You think the code just up and ignores
>muh old gengar
?
No. It doesn't.
>Let's just pretend there's still hope. Let's not look into how the games work and hope we can keep our old levitate gengars.
Fucking literally don't deserve to live. Fucking denial fags are the worst. >>30115060 and >>30115132. It's this shit that's the worst, spreading false info for what fucking reason?
>It's okay! He said "I think". Well you're retarded if you think/hope for one second without actually thinking about how the game works and considering that such mechanics means Levitate is gone. Just fucking accept it, holy shit. Why do people feel the need to spread lies in order to maintain hope over something as petty as an ability. Gengar has always been more on the fragile side than bulky. With Levitate Gengar are you still not going to switch out if someone sends in some ground type with knock off/crunch? If so then it's not even worth caring about what you think/want, not just from a human perspective but from the game's perspective as well. You're just not worth the time.

>>30115097
Can you fucking believe these retards? Glad someone fucking gets it.
>>
>>30115268
Forgot to put an enter in after the '>'. Now I'm the retard.
>>
>>30115283
You're just in denial that Gengar is going to be capable of retaining Levitate.
>>
I don't know, man.

I'm annoyed. I love Gengar. Toxic Spikes isn't common enough that I'd rather have him clearing that up. I value the Ground immunity much more. He's literally the perfect Pokemon to round out my team's resistances and coverage and bam, I've basically lost a Ground immunity for no reason. He's still very very good and nothing else has the same coverage (I've been going over and over the past week checking everything - Dragalge comes close but is a shitmon) and I'm probably just going to have to suck it up and keep using him. Hopefully people will just forget he lost Levitate and don't risk EQing him.
>>
>>30115308
I couldn't give a fuck whether Gengar retained Levitate or not, but there's no evidence pertaining to retaining Levitate, so just fucking accept it's gone.
>>
>>30115308
Source on that?

Quick Feet Scolipede is impossible in Generation VI, even though you could get one in Generation V.

So was Reckless Blue-Striped Basculin. Only in Generation V.

I don't even like Gengar that much.
>>
>>30114364
>110 base speed
>130 special attack
>two immunities
>excellent mega
>completely unpredictable movepool

Gengar isn't going anywhere guys. The only way Gengar could drop from use is if some other new Pokémon could do what he does better.
>>
Honestly the worst part about losing Levitate is that Gengar just lost an entire play style.

A lot of Megas, for example Gyarados, have this thing where they trade out an aspect of themselves when they evolve. Gyarados loses its immunity to Ground by trading Flying for Dark, so you have to strategize and make sure you've deal with anything running EQ and evolve as soon as something with Thunderbolt shows up. Similarly, Mega Gengar is super powerful and instant death to whoever you use it on, but if you trap someone who's quicker than you and who has EQ, you fucked up. So regular Gengar exists to kill anyone with EQ BEFORE losing its immunity.

Now, it's Mega Gengar or bust.
>>
>>30115435
Don't forget regular gyarados having Intimidate/Moxie. Many times I've held back on mega evolving in order to get the defensive buff again, or to kill something first and then mega evolve. Another example would be Sharpedo with speed boost.
>>
File: DSC_0045.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0045.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>30115308
Unless they patch it, it's not gonna happen, this is a Sludge Wave Gengar event, had Levitate, changed it to Cursed Body
>>
It's not all bad; Psychic Terrain gives it a sucker punch immunity now.
>>
Speaking of buffs to old pokemon, does anyone know if all of the stat changes have already been documented? I'm gonna be pissed off if Hitmonchan didn't get any buffs.
>>
>>30116520
They've all been documented already.

Like, what annoys me is that they buffed a bunch of gen 1 Pokemon in gen 6 - giving them +10 BST, and practically nothing else.

Then in gen 7 they've buffed some assorted shitmons mostly from gen 2 and 3. It feels like they had like one day free and they went over and "corrected" some old Pokemon without finishing the process. I bet when we get to gen 8 they'll buff another batch of assorted shitmons - there's NO reason why they shouldn't have been buffed THIS gen instead.
>>
>>30115526
The problem is you are hacking it instead sending it from updated Pokebank.
>>
>>30115268
>Basculin oversight
Someone mind explaining this one to me?
>>
>>30116652
>They've all been documented already
Any chance you have a link to all of them? Google is just returning rebbit threads
>>
>>30116823
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxC-BieuFEY
It's not my video so don't accuse me of shilling. Turn the volume off because the guy's voice is irritating as shit.
>>
>>30116876
>35 minute video instead of just a fucking pastebin
ree tbqh. Thanks anyway lad, maybe I'll type it up to save other anons some time
>>
>>30116903
>>30116876
Oh hang on, spreadsheet in description. I'm retarded
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yx61tXCHTp9PqvluxdN1Xi2zcUxATI1f3uS7UHtpeQ0/edit#gid=0
>>
>>30114567
GF mainly cares about VGC, and Gengar for a good while in the past gen was famous for making obnoxious perishtrap teams. With this they're easier to deal with.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.