[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did they fuck up so hard on this? The whole Rotom inside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: rotomdexmap.jpg (19KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
rotomdexmap.jpg
19KB, 320x239px
How did they fuck up so hard on this?

The whole Rotom inside of a pokedex thing for one seems odd and pointless to me, you can't even use it in battle. We could have easily just had some AI like Dexter talk to us throughout instead of enslaving a (very annoying) pokemon.

But honestly the bigger problem is how much room its fucking face takes up, they could have easily fit more features onto the screen, even the X menu buttons, while retaining the map if they didn't need those big fucking eyes and ugly boarder .

Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks this is a massive downgrade from previous games, there's no intuitiveness at all
>>
The game was made with the Switch in mind. It has no bottom screen.

That's all there is to it.
>>
File: 1468713407787.jpg (374KB, 1500x2040px) Image search: [Google]
1468713407787.jpg
374KB, 1500x2040px
>rotom talks and prevents you from looking at the map
>accidently hit screen in such a way that rotom talks instead of showing you the map
>>
File: 1479318247333.png (421KB, 838x453px) Image search: [Google]
1479318247333.png
421KB, 838x453px
>>30107482
>not knowing that you can click on the right side of the screen to get the map to open to while he's talking.

Honestly having a minimap is good in of itself.
It could have been done a lot better sure but it's not completely awful like people are implying.
>>
>>30107444
then they should have waited and released it on the switch instead of trying to cater a game to two different systems. Now it will be shit on switch because of things that were watered down for 3DS
>>
>>30107634
>then they should have waited and released it on the switch
no. ffs, I dont want to have to buy a switch to play sun and moon.
>>
File: 1475502542900.png (26KB, 679x427px) Image search: [Google]
1475502542900.png
26KB, 679x427px
>>30107444
>>30107634
>he still thinks there's a switch version
>>
Really fucking hate it. Especially since it doesn't add his entry into the dex either.
The map with flags is helpful, but feels like it's holding my hand way too much. Not having the option to turn the flags off sucks. Also hate that I can't just easily get to my bag/pokemon/save as easily as last game or at least it seemed easier and quicker in the last game compared to now.
>>
>>30107634
>then they should have waited and released it on the switch instead of trying to cater a game to two different systems.

This would be a terrible decision business-wise.
>>
>>30107482
>wonder what happens if I click rotom
>he talks
>keep clicking
>after 3 clicks he shows map
>cool
>click 3 times every time I need the map
>I was clicking my icon the whole time
>eventually figured he only talks when I click my icon

I think there were some directions I missed. I actually like rotom. I wish he did more than tell you were to go next. I wish you could click him for tips and commentary.
>>
>>30107409
this is nothing compared to the 3-d trainer animations during battles. any double battle lags to absolute shit right now. they seriously need to have a setting to turn those off. it's so pointless.
>>
>>30107409
>Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks this is a massive downgrade from previous games, there's no intuitiveness at all

nope

PSS gen 6 UI was far better.
>>
File: 1422740711549.png (305KB, 606x326px) Image search: [Google]
1422740711549.png
305KB, 606x326px
>Have a Pokemon be your partner to rip off Yokai-Watch for the anniversary games
>Said Pokemon isn't even in the Pokedex
>>
File: IMG_5510.jpg (77KB, 989x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5510.jpg
77KB, 989x552px
>>30107726
>he still thinks there won't be
>>
>>30108370
The best part of Battles aesthetics and your ass wants them gone?
>>
>>30108807
that is exactly what I want. is that shit worth running at 5-10 fps to you? I bet you got one of those fancy new DSXLs too. O3DS cannot handle any degree of a double battle.
>>
>>30108954
n3ds still lags like shit.
>>
>>30109022
do they patch things like this? I've only had my 3ds for a few months I'm new to new releases.
>>
>>30109174
It's just that the models have a higher polycount than necessary.
They're just investing in future laziness so they don't have to redo all the models yet again when they move to better hardware.
>>
>>30109235
even so.. I can't do double battles so they'd at least have to add an option to turn those off. Otherwise I'm probably gonna go back to X.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.