[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hala actually beat me I guess Gen 6 really was just a weird

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: 1458361041936.gif (592KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1458361041936.gif
592KB, 500x375px
>Hala actually beat me

I guess Gen 6 really was just a weird blip in the difficulty and we're going back to the "not so easy it's boring as fuck" times of Gens 2 to 5.
>>
Yeah he kicked my ass in too. I was underleveled so he actually made me strategize and change my team order to a more competitive approach. I found that red card item you get right before can really blow him out if you use it to cripple his mankey and Crabrawler off the bat with para/sleep.
>>
I feel like the level curve was designed without EXP share in mind unlike gen 6

Playing wtihout it and it's been great, no grinding needed and a pretty competent difficultyl.

Nanu beat me twice with that fucking Persian
>>
>>30106682
I was fine until he used the Z-Move and killed my Trumbeak. Then he got off too many Power Up Punches and I couldnt stop it anymore.

Also His Makuhita did nothing but Sand Attack for like, 15 turns.

Was pleasantly surprised
>>
File: Capture.png (167KB, 794x689px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
167KB, 794x689px
>>30106362
Gen6 had SmogonWally though.
>>
>>30106815
>steelwings on talonflame
>smogon
>>
>mfw Crabrawler Z move out of no where

almost killed my Rufflet but he hung on by a thread
>>
Totem Mimikyu nearly fucked me sideways. That was the toughest battle I've had in Pokemon in a while and it was great. Guzma, too. Didn't know Fell Stinger hit that hard.
>>
File: 1477673381967.png (436KB, 538x420px) Image search: [Google]
1477673381967.png
436KB, 538x420px
>>30106833
>mfw mimikyu mimic'd by sun doggo's accelrock and proceeded to sweep my team
>>
File: RTZ4mjC.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
RTZ4mjC.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>30106828
>He doesn't get coverage for Talonflame's biggest weakness
>>
Ilima's Smeargle actually wrecked me.
>>
I'm stuck on Lurantis. I'm ready to fucking die now.
>>
>>30106362
The Dark Kahuna was the one I had trouble with. Nobody on my team could handle Persian Dark Pulse/Power Gem.
>>
>>30106362
Kukui kept kicking my ass hard.
Granted that was probably because I had like no fighting types but still.
>>
>>30106864
Don't even get me started. OHKO's my Alakazam with Shadow Claw before I could get a Reflect up. 2HKO my Umbreon with Play Rough. OHKO Decidueye with Shadow Claw. Had to slow it down with Galisopod's Rock Tomb before I got anything done. Then Decidueye and Sun Doggo did work.
>>
>>30106815
>a fight you can't access without a 50 win streak in HaxMaison

>>30106892
It wrecked me too. Both him and Hala. Only one Mon on trainers is lame but the story battles are making up for it greatly

Didn't take the Smeargle seriously at all and also >>30106830
>>
File: 1476771222027.jpg (138KB, 400x439px) Image search: [Google]
1476771222027.jpg
138KB, 400x439px
>>30106362
Just fought ya boy in the postgame. Dude actually wrecked me twice, had to go train on Poni and futz with my team a bit to beat him.
>>
File: 1479007812624.png (98KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1479007812624.png
98KB, 500x370px
>>30106362
>tfw his mankey has anger point
Jesus, that was a surprise.
Also damn that snab for being faster and murdering litten right as I go for z work up
Very fun battle
>>
File: tumblr_ntpf2m5RGs1u0bx9po1_250.png (46KB, 245x212px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntpf2m5RGs1u0bx9po1_250.png
46KB, 245x212px
>mfw his Crabrawler survives my normalium z move I sacrificed two mons to set up
>proceeds to power punch my face in
>>
Fuck Wishiwashi

>water trial
>fucker has water gun in rain blowing back my team
>get it to yellow, has sitrus berry
>calls out Alomomola
>it heal pulses wishiwashi back to almost full

Lana pls
>>
So far the only thing kicking my ass is wild sandalit.
>>
haven't had trouble with much besides the hau fight at the beginning of the 3rd island
>>
>>30106362
really nigga?

>mfw charjabug learns acrobatics
>>
Iv been using more balls then usual but none of the fights have been to bad. But then again iv been grinding like a mother fucker just trying to catch mon that iv been about 10 levels over leveled since the first island.
>>
>>30106362
The fuck?
I honestly can't remember a single time I strugged with this game, and to make it harder I even turned the EXP share off.

What parts were hard exactly? The totems weren't much, so was this a postgame thing? Ultra Beast catching or what?
>>
>Salazzle can call for help while fucking asleep
>Proceed to lose 3/6 pokes while figuring out its typing alone
>Win with grimer alive with a tiny sliver of hp
It looked rock fire but then fighting wasn't very effective and I realized it must be poison.
>>
I got fucking swept by the first mini-boss in the game because I had nothing to counter the teachers magnemite

Whos fucking idea was it to put a magnemite in the very beginning holy shit
>>
>had to do mimikyu battle twice
>was a pokemon away from dying during the championship battle when the champ wrecked my shit with ninetails
By a bunch of refresh upgrades and high jump kick is what got me through the champ battle.
>>
>>30108609

Meanwhile I managed to trivialize the game by catching my own Magnemite. I can't recall a single Totem in the first two islands that could really dent it.
>>
>>30108644
>Salazzle used flame burst, its super effective, magnemite fainted
>Just kidding I grinded him way high.
>>
>>30108569
I think a lot of it is luck. Like what help gets called in and what your team was. Like, for me, Totem Mimikyu ripped me a fucking new one because I had a Decidueye, Alakazam and Umbreon. Golisopod and Sun Doggo saved my ass that trial.
>>
>>30106362
I was scared to face him because my only answer to his Fighting Pokemon were an underlevel Shiinotic and a Crobat with Air slash, specially because I was thinking he had a Kommo-o is his party.
Turns out he didn't have anything particular hard to beat and between Crobat and Incineroar could handle him.

Never got beat.

Haven't tried the battle tree yet tho.
>>
>>30107880
Dude right?
>Hi im Hau you've been one shotting my party since day one but now my raichu knows psychic so I'll be doing that to you
>>
>>30108644
Same here. I fucking love that thing.
>>
>>30106815
>physical Roserade
>steel wing talon
>discharge and thunderwave
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.