[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck is it impossible to find S/M mons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1448227014003.png (113KB, 222x280px) Image search: [Google]
1448227014003.png
113KB, 222x280px
Why the fuck did gamefreak think it was a good idea to make Gen 7 pokemon a fucking chore to find, yet they made older gen pokemon show up like nothing, I can't tell you how many times I've searched for a pokemon i wanted to train, and found 5 Fearrow, 6 Skarmory, and a ditto before I fucking found my minior.

The proof is in the fucking pudding, just look at some of these batshit insane encounter rates

>Crabrawler only spawns randomly in berry trees, which reset every 24 hrs, which means you can miss him until like the 3rd/4th island depending on your luck
>Crabominable is only obtained in snow, WHICH IS THE LAST FUCKING AREA OF THE GAME, MAKING CRABRAWLER FUCKING USELESS.
>Occorio has a 15% spawn rate in its own damn meadow
>Wishiwashi has to be farmed via fishing and has a 10% chance of showing compared to poliwag, and psyduck which each have 40%
>Mareanie is a FUCKING NIGHTMARE because it only shows up on a 5% corsola, spawn, 5% of the time via SOS calls
>Dewpider/Araquanid rarely ever show in their areas and can easily be missed with all the fucking poliwag and chinchou in the area
>mudbray is easily missed due to low chances
>Fomantis and Morelull have fucking 15% spawn rates where as cotonee and petillill have 60%
>Stufful almost never shows up
>Bounsweet is another rarity
>Comfey is even rarer
>Wimpod is a fucking gimmick mon
>Sandygast/Pyukumu spawn randomly on beaches
>Mimikyu is a gimmick spawn
>Type Null is handed to you endgame
>Minior is a goddamn chore to farm thanks to fearrow and skarmory
>I never even found a fucking Togedemaru
>Dhelmise has a 5% fishing rate, where as mantine and tentacruel have 40% -70%
>Jagmo-o isnt till the last island

So outside Rockruff, Gumshoos and ..Pikipek? Why the fuck did gamefreak make it impossible to form a decent team without grinding your ass off, and then for things like Maerinie, which can take HOURS, the payoff is that Toxapex absolutely fucking sucks due to shitty stat distro.
>>
It's to make them more unique since they know mostly experienced players will want to find new mons, whilst kids won't care, and genwunners only want Gen 1 pokemon.

It's to make the game harder, requiring using knowledge and planning strategies so getting them is easier.

It's to make them far more special since you worked hard to get them.

But go ahead and complain that the game is too easy or too short or something.
>>
Sounds like Johto.
>>
>>30099763
>the payoff is that Toxapex absolutely fucking sucks due to shitty stat distro.

Do us all a favor and never play Pokemon again
>>
>>30099763
>Toxapex absolutely fucking sucks due to shitty stat distro.

lolwut
>>
File: chill man.png (333KB, 380x352px) Image search: [Google]
chill man.png
333KB, 380x352px
>>30099763
>Mudbray
>low chances
I was practically drowning in those while trying to find an Eevee to chain earlier.

It only becomes a noticeable issue when the encounter rate dips into the single digits.
>>
>>30099763
you can trade a lillipup for a bounsweet, damn things even adamant nature when you get it.

also found most of the things on your list without too much trouble but funnily enough I haven't run into a rockruff outside of trainer battles
>>
>>30100180
>>30100221

It has good Defense, but HORRIBLE HP to compensate, its so flimsy that baeful bunker isnt even worht setting up
>>
>>30100404
Yeah where do you even find Rockruffs I haven't seen one yet but I've seen half the mons on this list.
>>
>>30100532
Ten Carat Hill, the open area.
>>
>>30099763
Bounsweet and Fomantis have high encounter rates in Lush Jungle.
>>
how early in the game can i get turtonator? i'm thinking of swapping my starter out for it
>>
>>30100729
Third island, level 30-35
>>
>>30100811
shit, that's kind of late
>>
I felt all of this pretty badly. My team is A-Marowak, A-Ninetales, Minior, Tsareena, Golisopod, Bewear.

Cubone wasn't too hard to find but it was a drag getting it to lvl 28 and evolving it at night when I really wanted a fire type on my team. Vulpix's spawn rate feels lower than it is, but that's probably bad luck. Minior explodes and hunting for the color I wanted was a pain in the ass, and I wouldn't even know that area existed without Serebii. Bounsweet only spawns in one area of the jungle for some reason, the trade one didn't have the ability I wanted. Wimpod was counter intuitive to find and catch, and is also a Magikarp shitter. Stufful is 5% in one area.

Meanwhile if I wanted to use older mons I could have probably put together a full team on the first island.
>>
>>30099763
dude just farm Beldums and Skarmories with Magnet Pull and trade them on the GTS for rare pokemon
>>
>>30100468
reminder that rotom-w only has 50hp
>>
>>30100468
low hp/high def is better than high hp/low def

just dump some hp evs if you're so mad about its hp
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.