[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your thoughts on Z-moves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_20161121-193805.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161121-193805.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Your thoughts on Z-moves?
>>
>>30099254
Very cool addition, much more usefull than megas.
A lot of unpredictibilty.
I love how some moves have unique Z effects.
>>
>>30099254
Stronger Gems that have special aninations and can't be consumed. Honestly, I wanted them to be consumed to then use Acrobatics right away on anything.
>>
I like them a lot, reminds me of the Spectacular Talent moves from the Contests in ORAS which were always fun.
I do find it slightly odd that they came after Megas and not the other way around though.
>>
>>30099254
I put a flyium on celeestla and its pretty fun.

Set up automize, if heavy slam won't kill it, use fly based supersonic skystrike, get a +1 atk and sweep.

Flying gem acrobatics is probably the better choice, but its not legal.
>>
>>30099280
>much more useful than megas

I know you anti-megafags are obnoxious, but you seriously can't be this retarded.
>>
You can only use them once per battle, so it isn't an easy button like Mega Evolution.
NPCs actually use them, unlike Megas. This is a huge plus.
I was initially skeptic and expected them to be dumb shit that made the games even easier, but I think it's safe to consider them a welcome addition to the main story. I'll need more testing in online battles before I pass an opinion on it there.
>>
>>30099254
More interesting than I thought they would be.
>>
>>30099254
Those random status Z moves and spefic Z moves are cool

Otherwise just buffed gems
>>
>>30099486
Not him but I like how every Pokemon can use Z-move in some way, and how there is a lot of interplay on how Z stones interact with different moves, creating many different strategies for EVERY Pokemon.

With Mega, I felt like I was forced to always use a Mega Pokemon on my team no matter what, and the selection was limited, and even more limited when you consider some Megas were just too shit for you to waste the slot with them. Z-moves are flexible, and you don't feel like you are gimping yourself if you don't use them every battle and plan every team around them.
>>
>>30099520
NPCs can have megas now. I learned it the hard way during Battle Royale
>>
File: 1479110619217.jpg (123KB, 524x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479110619217.jpg
123KB, 524x720px
I don't like it and don't like megas as well.
I like old style Pokemon, tactical as chess is with no gimmicks.
>>
>>30099486
Megas are just few Pokemon, Z Moves allow for more strategy, more suprises and every pokemon can use it differently. With it even shitmon becomes somewhat usefull.
>>
>>30099640
Z moves don't allow for more strategy, a one use move isn't really that great and it doesn't make any lower tier Pokémon anymore viable than they already were.
>>
>>30099254
Dragon Z move looks weak as fuck.
>>
>>30099638
>I like old style Pokemon, tactical as chess is with no gimmicks.

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAH
>>
Anybody know what Z-Explosion does?
>>
>>30099638
No gimmicks?

Wouldn't that be kinda...boring?
>>
>>30099699
I'd argue porygon-z gains a whole new playstyle with z-conversion.

Your right for most other occasions. I can only see damage dealing z-moves being useful for moxie/beast boost users.
>>
>>30099699
>Suddenly every pokemon can have boosts
>Suddenly every pokemon can actualy knock out at least one opponent
>>
>>30099638

>Tactical as chess
>The spam earthquake and hyperbeam meta.
>>
>>30099638
Fucking retard.
>>
>>30099699
>Z-ANYTHING.
Nukes are fun, but Z-Parting Shot, Z-Conversion and even Z-Screech make you rethink old sets.
>>
I think they're the successor to mega evolution. Any pokémon can use a Z move as opposed to only a handful of pokémon (fully evolved ones only) being able to mega evolve. It also makes previously bad moves like Splash viable in movesets, which interests me.
>>
>>30099254
I strongly dislike them and wish they would just have brought back Gems instead. They don't seem particularly powerful (remember you miss out on a 'real' item) and their animations are long, slow and somethign you get tired of real quick.
>>
>>30099757
>>30099823
Similar to Z-Conversion Porygon-Z, I just realized once Pokebank is out, Z-Celebrate Espeon will be really good too. +1 to every stat and STAB Stored Power, along with Magic Bounce.
>>
When you realize spectacular contest talents were the precursor to Z Moves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DJcg8xLPXQ
>>
>>30099254
>Faggot(y) Sentai/Jojo poses
>Even more gimmick rocks

>Non-specific Pokemon driven Z-Moves are generic or awful (Especially Flying and Fairy types)

>Nearly all Z-Move animations end with generic Naruto Shuppuden (the "fighting" game) type explosions

5/10, because they're are at least some cool Z-moves
>>
>>30099806
Very intelligent post. Now leave and go study, you clearly need to.
>>
>>30099254
Boring. One shot attacks with an animation that often just doesn't look right. The dances are fucking stupid.

Only the Z boosting moves have value, but they're not worth this entire concept.
>>
>>30099986
Only realised this recently as well. A lot of people I know who played ORAS never even got into contests enough to see them.
>>
Anime

The water starter's Z-move is literally a water spirit bomb
>>
>>30099699
Z-Parting Shot and Z-Conversion might single handedly make Alolan Persian and Porygon-Z useful OU mons
>>
>>30100037
/thread

Fuck japan and their love of stupidly long, complex, repeatable attack sequences.
>>
>>30099254
Epic and fun, i almost forgot mega where in the game.

>>30099331
>>30100037

You don't know anythng about statut Z move don't you?

>>30099638
It add more strategy, but if you think that you probably sucks anyway
>>
File: 81319695.jpg (147KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
81319695.jpg
147KB, 780x780px
>>30099638
>>
Yo what about that z splash though
>>
File: 1457996537161.png (98KB, 259x329px) Image search: [Google]
1457996537161.png
98KB, 259x329px
>>30099254
What's funny is that I thought I'd get sick of seeing the same animation over and over.

But it turns out maximum overkill never get's stale.
>>
File: happy.jpg (70KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
happy.jpg
70KB, 960x717px
Z-Metronome
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.