[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is pic related considered better than Decidueye?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-781Dhelmise_Dream.png (53KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-781Dhelmise_Dream.png
53KB, 250x250px
Why is pic related considered better than Decidueye?
>>
>>30099155
He isn't. They just have different roles.
>>
dude seaweed
>>
They're not really that different, but there are distinct advantages to the Anchor.

Its defensive stats are pretty good, instead of having them spent on irrelevant speed.
It's ability actually matters in terms of providing extra damage on Anchor Shot, even Decid's HA is pretty pointless.

However it doesn't have Haze, Roost etc. etc. so whilst most sets make use of trapping moves, the anchor can't really synergise as well. It does however have Rapid Spin, which is pretty decent..
>>
Trick room gyro ball
>>
Rapid spinner that can 1v1 spinblockers and trap walls
>>
>>30099155
Pure memery. Neither are particularly good but Decidueye's better coverage with Brave Bird, access to Sucker Punch and ability to be faster than the average wall (this is a genuinely impactful bar to reach despite being fucking pathetic) make it significantly more flexible in what it handles.
>>
>>30099155
>3 STABS
>Hits harder
>Bulkier
>Stronger grass STAB
>Anchor shot can trap and deal big damage to fairies
>It can also trap and kill annoying shit chansey, unlike Decidueye
>Rapid spin
It only needs recovery, at least leech seed.
>>
Ghost type spinner
has better defensive stats (?)
can he learn gyroball? if so yes hes pretty good
>>
>>30099447
Can confirm it does.
>>
>>30099412
Oh it's faster than average walls but Decidueye can't really 2HKO anything at all and struggles against most walls.
>>
>>30099155
It isn't. The owl and the anchor are like Coke and Pepsi, Fox and Falco, etc.
The are both good depending on the situation and what you have on your team.
>>
>>30099412
The problem with Decidueye is that it has enough bulk to survive 1 hit, but then you know it will roost. Unless you whant to shove an arrow up Gengar's arse, it's a lot of mindgames to get a SD and/or BP.

Dhelmise has the STABs, bulk and moves to plow through everything it's not weak against, but lacks recovery. It can spin and block spins too.
>>
>>30099622
That's not really how coke and pepsi are tho desu.
>>
>>30099622
Coke is better than Pepsi, though.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (53KB, 952x500px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
53KB, 952x500px
>>30099664
>>
>>30099664
It's all opinion. I like both
>>
>>30099681
Pepsi is literally just bad Coke.
>>
>>30099664
There's a difference?
>>
File: IMG_20161121_190500.jpg (30KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161121_190500.jpg
30KB, 320x371px
>>30099664
>>
>>30099664
They both suck.
>>
>>30099519
The fuck are you talking about? Unless you have investments, Dhelmise is slower than Chansey and all other common walls and Stallmons. On top of this, you can just toxic or curse stall those walls or can just boost off of Swords Dance/Nasty Plot.
>>
>>30099712

It's a Coke with more sugar, that's all it is.

Well... That and you can get Wild Cherry Vanilla Pepsi from cans.
>>
>>30099681
The irony of someone using Trump reaction pictures to defend PepsiCo.
>>
>>30099412

It's not pure memery. I'd sat that people stating it beats Decidueye out are jumping the gun, but there are things the Anchor can do that the Owl can't, and which are quite noteworthy:

>Trap more Pokémon (and arguably with a much better move considering the amount of Fairies running around), and due to the much higher attack power, Anchor Shot is much more threatening.
>Rapid Spin as well as spinblock
>Run a Choice Band set and destroy certain stall mons with Switcheroo
>>
>>30099654
I am not in favor of SD Decidueye. I've also never ever seen its trapping be of any use, and that goes for both Pokemon. There's a reason Mean Look / Spider Web are not common competitive moves, and it isn't because they fail to deal a bit of added damage while using them.

Basically the only thing I've watched either of these Pokemon accomplish on Showdown are surviving some special hits (which Decidueye is actually slightly better at) while dealing damage, and Decidueye's better type coverage, Sucker Punch and admittedly great Z-move have served it better for this purpose.

Anyone I've seen trying to do anything fancy with trapping/SDing has barely gained anything before fainting/having to switch.
>>
File: 1477175500561.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
1477175500561.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>30099664
>>
>>30099936
>SD Decidueye
Yeah, but its still (for some reason) the set I've seen the most.

On the other hand, I've seen Dhelmise so some righteous Fairy slaying with Anchor Shot.

For all the trapping hype, they work better as very good physical moves.

And Unexpected Z-Moves make watching showdown/derp hilarious. "Random Shitmon used Hydro Vortex!" "Zygarde Fainted"
>>
>>30099155
Dhelmise has better stat distro, Rapid Spin, 3 STABs, and can actually wallbreak.

On the flip side, Decidueye can outspeed a few Stallmons Dhelmise can't, and you get access to Roost.

Overall, they're pretty similar, but Dhelmise just gets the better end of the deal.
>>
What kind of set do you guys use on Dhelmise?
>>
>>30099781
Dhelmise also gets swords dance.
Also
>Swords Dance
Do you realize the SD set is only common on pokemon that have STAB priority, right? See: Scizor, Bisharp, Pinsir-Mega and Breloom. A good attacker doesn't need a boost to be good, You're just wasting a turn if your attacker needs a boost to 2HKO something.
>Nasty plot
Diferent case, it's not very common since it demands a high speed and nice special attack. See: darkrai, thundurus, celebi. Decidueye doesn't have either of those. Again a good special attacker doesn't need a boost to 2HKO something.

Also you're underestimating the fact that Dhelmise gets earthquake to deal with steel types and Decidueye struggle against most of them.
>>
>>30100237
Dhelmise @ Leftovers / Z-Crystal of Choice.
Ability: Steel Worker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Att / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain / Earthquake
- Anchor Shot
- Shadow Claw

Not optimal, but it werks.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.