[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Difficulty megathread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1478071414459.png (175KB, 873x601px) Image search: [Google]
1478071414459.png
175KB, 873x601px
>Constant shitposts with clearly wrong info
>Everyone responds to say they're wrong anyways
Thank you for the validation, but you know the troll just wants attention, right?

Just remember that S&M is easy as long as you:

>Keep Exp Share On to get 350% XP and 600% EV's
>Overgrind wild pokemon to autistically keep levels high
>Backtrack to Pokestops after every fight
>Spam items and buy more when you're out
>Look up totems and boss fights ahead of time
>Look up enemy pokemon weaknesses first time you fight them
>Use switch for le perfect counter
>Use legendaries because why not
>Use slow text speed just to be as big a faggot as possible
>>
>>30092177
verslifag thread?
>>
>>30092415
Just watch, it'll get 100+ replies just because of the image.
>>
>>30092439
the image is true hed' sex the moonwolf
>>
>Pokestops
???
>>
>>30092177
>Pokestops

But yeah I agree. The people who claim it's easy are making it easy for themselves. There's no doubt in my mind.
>>
Just remember that S&M is hard as long as you:
>blind nuzlocke it first time
>run from every encounter and avoid every trainer
>never use items not even pokeballs
>never gain more than one level per island
>box your starter and every pokemon that learn a 50BP+ move
>let haku kill one of your pokemons every fight without doing nothing because he's your friend
>never open the menu
>never press the right-dpad
>play it upside down just to be as big a faggot as possible
>>
>>30092525
>>30092533
Must be rumored Go integration.

Pay pokecoins for trainer accessories.
>>
>>30092556
>never use items not even pokeballs
>box your starter and every pokemon that learn a 50BP+ move
That's fucking impossible you idiot.
>>
File: team moon.jpg (169KB, 1155x190px) Image search: [Google]
team moon.jpg
169KB, 1155x190px
>>30092556
you sound mad
only thing I did was turn the exp share of and it was refreshingly hard on the mid/late game
granted my team is shit tho
>>
>>30092587
no anon that's CHALLENGE
dont touch my thread you filthy casual
i bet you overlevel and wondertrade a full team of legendaries
>>
>>30092653
Look,if you have to box your starter,you have to have an another pokemon,whic you can't get because pokeballs are prohibited.You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>30092653
>not OP
>calling it your thread

Of course you're a tourist. Fuck off back to Red.dit or wherever you came from.
>>
>>30092556
>Blind nuzlocke
Just that first bullet would lead to a 90% failure rate.
>>
>Exp Share off
>Battle Style Set
>No healing items during battle

That's all it takes to have a decent challenge.
>>
>>30092695
>>30092708
>>30092587
how in the world are you guys this retarded?
>>
>>30092818
not as fun as difficulty mods where healing items cost ten times more and the trainers actually have full teams, ev trained with battle maison-style sets and all set to battle maison-level ai
>>
>>30092177
I just wish trainers had to have at least 3 pokemon
>>
>>30092587
>>30092695
>>30092708
Do you have a disability?
>>
File: 1445779557841.gif (440KB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
1445779557841.gif
440KB, 186x186px
>Backtrack to Pokestops
>>
>>30093237
That's not fun at all, the difficulty should be proportionate to what options the player has readily available, without grinding. Fully optimized teams should be a postgame-thing only.

SM is close to that sweet spot of difficulty at some points (Smeargle, Lurantis, Mimikyu) but other than that plays it too safe and has no fun battles.
>>
There should be a hardmode where XP and damage dealt is nerfed and damage taken increased. 25% higher prices on everything. Problem solved
>>
>>30093479
>>30093237
>>30092818
Why are all the hard mode suggestions so retarded around here?
>>
>>30093549
Whats your solution then genius?
>>
>>30093464
most difficulty mods include the option of full or almost partially full dex encounters to remedy that. it's way more fun having access to a lot more pokemon and play around with different team builds

the fact that trainers are designed to give you a close battle every time as opposed to only having 1 or 2 pokemon because they're designed to wear you down over multiple battles rather than actually being capable of beating you one on one also means you are being challenged by battles themselves rather than losing just because you started with half of your pokemon's hp gone and got KO'ed by something that wouldn't normally faint your pokemon

>>30093549
what's so retarded about each trainer having full, actually challenging teams? you'd rather go through the extremely boring motions of 2 shotting everything never being remotely challenged until you take too much chip damage and have to backtrack to the pokemon centre?

rutile ruby/star sapphire's solution was easily the best - it put dirt cheap sacred ash in the pokemarts so you could battle lots of actually challenging trainers without needing to constantly backtrack to the pokemon centre
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.