[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is Kanto-chan. Say something nice about her, /vp/!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: Kanto.jpg (157KB, 786x543px) Image search: [Google]
Kanto.jpg
157KB, 786x543px
This is Kanto-chan. Say something nice about her, /vp/!
>>
You started Pokemon and are the place many of us started, thanks. You're still a piece of shit though and you deserve to be struck by a meteor, we got sick of you ater gen 4/6.
>>
Kanto-chan is much better than Johto-chan! It's a fact!
Johto-chan is shit! SHIT!
>>
>>30091000
>we got sick of you ater gen 4/6
speak for yourself

can't wait to pokemon stars be about lillie adventures in kanto, i'll keep myself refreshed with /vp/ tears the only place in the entire internet with such a retarded hateboner for gen1
>>
>>30090517
I almost wish they'd get it over with and just do a Kanto re-remake. I'm no Kantofag but it seems pretty clear that Game Freak literally can't get Kanto out of their heads. A remake might serve as a good containment game for all of their genwun faggotry, then we can get another unique original game without any of that shit

I mean, I know that's not really how it works, but it sure would be nice
>>
>>30091101
That's a lot like saying that a punch in the face is better than a kick in the nuts. It's true, but that doesn't mean I want to get punched in the face either.
>>
>>30091311
>I almost wish they'd get it over with and just do a Kanto re-remake
I'm a kantofag and i don't want this
Keep your megafaggotry and z-shit away from Kanto

Also please never stop being so salty about gamefreak paying hommage to their best gen to date and the one they know the vast majority of people (not /vp/ autists) enjoy more. Kantomons are never going away, why don't you leave pokemon instead?
>>
>>30091352
>their best gen to date

Anon please.
>>
>>30091364
complain with GF anon not with me

there's a reason you all keep crying about kanto pandering and not sinnoh pandering or shit like that :^)
>>
>>30091412
It's called nostalgia, not superior game design.
>>
>>30091352
I actually quite like Kanto itself, I just don't really care for Kanto-lite. Johto, Kalos and Alola all could've been greater regions in their own merit if they weren't constantly kneeling down to suck the mighty cock of Kanto.

Go all-in or not-at-all. Castrate me for using a dumb food metaphor if you like but putting, say, ice cream in a beefburger just worsens both of its parts. The same goes for the constant Kantoshit. It makes people hate Kanto more and it leaves the games in question (mostly X/Y) with less of a unique identity.

Nobody wins with constant Kanto pandering. Make another Kanto game and then sweep it under the rug for 4 or 5 years before bringing it back out to play again.
>>
>>30090517
Can't wait to play your remake remake on the Switch! (coming 2018)
>>
>>30090517
>saying something nice about a boring ass linear as fuck region
It has lavender town maybe?
>>
>>30091569
>boring ass linear as fuck region
That's not a picture about Alola

>b-but alola has multiple paths
and you can never take them because a cutscene will railroad you into a single possibility anyway
>>
>>30091544
>Kanto re-remakes
>Leaf is now a secondary """"rival"""" who railroads you through the whole game
>Chock full of old anime and Pokemon Yellow references, like having the follower Pikachu, and Jessie and James being in Team Rocket, Misty has a Togepi etc.
>The lock on cross-gen evolutions is lifted, but this hardly matters as they still don't give you most of the evolution methods until the post-game
>Sevii Islands are gone by the way, this is a RGB re-remake, not a FRLG remake
>In this new timeline, Mt. Moon is some kind of site exposed to a shit-ton of Mega Evolution radiation, from the meteor that formed Mt. Moon years ago
>The International Police officer on the S.S. Anne is retconned to be Looker, who has some important post-game relevance
>The S.S. Anne is retconned to be full of Alolan people with Alolan Pokemon, they throw in a metric fuckton of Alola references and dicksucking
>The Safari Zone, along with its normal inhabitants, also has various Alolan form Kanto Pokemon, since they were shipped over by the S.S. Anne
>The Game Corner is back since it's plot-relevant - the staff in there simply don't let you play on the slots since you're "too young to be gambling"
>New dark edgy post-game story involving Dr. Fuji, Mewtwo, Oak and Giovanni
>They try to play up the epic edgy lore of Lavender Town, too
Can't fucking wait for this abomination m8
>>
>>30090517
You're better than what your cancerous fanbase makes me think you are.
>>
best gym leaders
best rival
incredibly minimal story/scripted sequences
very open, loops back in on itself constantly
god tier music
>>
>>30091311
I really think a Kanto sequel red and blue 2 is in the works so that they can pander Lillie more. Can't do that in reremakes.
>>
>>30091962
Unova best gym leaders
>>
>>30092172
>Red and Green 2
>It's a Kanto game full of Alola pandering
>The selling point is Kanto forms of Alolan Pokemon, a reverse of what they did for Sun and Moon
>The battle facility is a lazily recycled Battle Tree but with more characters from Kanto and Alola
I can see it happening
>>
>>30092293
I would buy it

Two best gens teaming up again
Throw in some johto postgame teasing that people will think it will come in a DLC till the end of the days and its the ultimate pokemon game
>>
>>30090517
Looks like the map artwork for the MOTHER series in this pic. That's comfy
>>
>>30092293
>Red and Green 2
there's already a red and green 2.
>>
>>30090517
How the fuck does the ss anne get under cycling road?
>>
>>30092880
First things first, ignore OP pic. That shit is noncanon as fuck, not a single area looks like it should.

As for the S.S. Anne, if we take the HGSS version of Kanto as canon, then we can safely assume that the S.S. Anne simply sails under the bridge - Cycling Road actually has a pretty decent slope to it in HGSS, and it was obviously always supposed to be that way but was previously held back by the limitations of 2D tiles.

No idea how it gets past the sea routes near Cinnabar though. I suppose those boundary rocks only exist for gameplay purposes and aren't really there in the Pokemon universe
>>
>>30092668
No there isn't. Just remakes
>>
>>30093586
He might mean mean Gold and Silver, which were called Pokemon 2 during development. Still not RG2 though.
>>
>>30091811
NOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>30093649
yes i meant gold and silver.

and yes they are red and green 2 in everything but the name.
>>
>>30093649
>Still not RG2 though
Pokemon games were planned to end in Gen 2, so... "is" RG2. Pokemon RG was Pokemon 1 and Pokemon GS was Pokemon 2
>>
>>30090517
Thank you for only Magnemite and all objectmons. Since then I love all kind of Pokemon based in objects.
>>
>>30093746
>>30093765
Ah, I see what you guys mean yeah.
>>
File: getlocationmap.png (120KB, 384x2560px) Image search: [Google]
getlocationmap.png
120KB, 384x2560px
>>30092880
>>30093415
The problem with Cycling Road is in FRLG. They really could make the right thing, but they made this.
>>
>>30091544
How about an actual sequel? Like, a game where you start in Kanto like, 20 years after GSC events, with new gyms, pokémon and routes. Post game would be Johto. It would be the opposite of GSC.
>>
Whats the point in Kanto having named routes and cities when they all virtually look the same?
So fucking bland. Say what you'd like about other regions, at least they had personality, diverese environment, and atrmosphere
>>
>>30093926
You've kind of answered your own question dude.
>>
File: 1257002817956.jpg (147KB, 480x340px) Image search: [Google]
1257002817956.jpg
147KB, 480x340px
>johto is my favorite game/gen
>absolutely nobody agrees
>>
>>30093977
>gold and silver are the actual sequel to red and green
>nobody cares or remembers
>>
>>30093926
I think it's pretty clear that Kanto was only so same-y because of hardware limitations. Kanto in HGSS for example had much more diversity in visuals, even if that just means having unique looks for each town and changing certain routes.

Kanto was alright for its time. It is pretty bland, though - I don't think I would ever pay to revisit Kanto unless it got a SERIOUS overhaul
>>
>>30093977
>Nobody agrees
/vp/ isn't the real world. Outside of the contrarian shitposting on this board, HGSS are still widely considered to be a high point in the series, one that most Pokemon fans would at the very least put in their top 3. Hell, even on this board you'll find plenty of people who like Gen 2/4 the most.
>>
>>30093926
>lol this game from 1995 on the gameboy looks so much worse than alola it isnt even 3D lol
>>
>>30093977
>>30094300

This.

/vp/ is a bizarro bubble of memeing contrarians that love BW2 more than anything, think gen 6 was amazing and hate everything gen 1/2 related because THE PANDERING OF THINGS FROM BEFORE I WAS BORN I HATE IT

Everyone else loves gen1 and gen2 or don't know nothing else but gen1 and gen2 to begin with
>>
>>30090517
She looks younger than Johto despite being a few years older.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.