[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SOS Battle Ability Triggering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

Quick question that I entrust ni one else to not fuck up the answer.

When I'm chaining calls for help to try and get one of these adorable fucks with Snow Warning...I should know right away, yes? When the main one calls for help, and an ally with Snow Warning comes in, it should summon hail, correct? I shouldn't need Trace or whatever to see when one of these guys shows up, right?

I got literally Baby's First Chain going and it was calling for help and getting a new Vulpix every 3 turns or so. And I must have slaughtered about two dozen of the little guys. None had the Hidden Ability. How deep do I need to go? CaN I just leave the first Vulpix alive (until I foolishly forgot to count pp and it Struggled to death without successfully calling for help), or does it help to literally chain new moN into new mon?

I did find a way to preserve my own pp, which is to use a Dire Hit, then try and use another and fail. The other one does not get consumed, so you can sit there forever and not damage the poor crippled animal that is calling for friends.

Anyway, just let me know so I can stop questioning my sanity.
>>
Bumping for my sanity and an answer. Posting cute foxes.
>>
I just managed to catch my first. I think I was more than forty kills into the chain before it finally showed. If you use Adreanline Orb, like Dire hit, they'll show up more often.
I would leave one alive for about twenty rounds then weaken the second; if I could get it sufficiently low, I'd take the first out then continue along.
Keep trying.
>>
>>30090754
But did the one you find come in with Snow Warning as it entered the field?!?
>>
>>30089940
Use an antidote on a mon that doesn't need it it'll waste a turn and not use the antidote.
>>
>>30089940
Yes as soon as one shows the ability activates and hail starts (that's why you also chain them in tapu village). How fast it shows up is RNG
>>
File: f31.png (199KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
f31.png
199KB, 600x600px
>>30090820
Thanks mate, just made my chain failure a little easier to bear. I'll try again tonight and post results.
>>
>>30090784
Yes it does trigger hail. If it wasn't for the fact that I had already caught a Drizzle Pelliper from a chain, I would have assumed that it didn't too, given how long I was doing this without any luck.
Have some foxes.
>>
>>30089940
http://pastebin.com/Uv3k3QYW

There are different probabilities for each chainable mon. I had a hell of a time getting a Speed Boost Sharpedo and this is why.
>>
>>30089940
Just a heads up... I think hidden abilities are locked around higher chains like the high IVs are. I chained Morlulls earlier for an hour or two before I finally got a rain dish one. On the bright side, the higher your chain the better IVs it has. Chain 40+ gives you 4 perfect IVs.
>>
>>30091409
Not OP but, for example, I'm chaining Mareanies. Is the 40+ chain including other corsola that show up or exclusively Mareanie? 'Cause I was going up to 25 calls, including Corsola, and wasn't getting any Mareanie with HA.
Now I got a Pangoro with entrainment to check them before catching but I'm kinda wondering nonetheless.
>>
>>30091455
No clue, sorry. I think as long as they continue calling for help it should continue the chain but I'm not 100% sure.
>>
>>30091488
No worries anon, thanks anyway~
>>
>>30089940
Adrenaline Orbs increase the call for help rate and you can use them to stall turns without it actually using the item. They are super cheap from marts also (300 each). I would recommend getting something with Recycle + Leppa berry for infinite pp to extend your chains until you find what you need. Smeargle is good for this since you can give it false swipe and substitute (ditto chains).
>>
Where do I find Pangoro in Sun/Moon?
Getting a HA Grimer is taking longer than I thought.
>>
>>30091798
Route 10. The one with the bus stop.
>>
So I really just want it for Aurora Veil, but does Ninetales learn ANY Fairy move? Is there even a TM for Blizzard, or do I need to have Ninetales learn it before I evolve?
>>
>>30092763
Nevermind, I'm an idiot, I was looking at outdated info. It doesn't get Moon blast but it deserves get Dazzling Gleam.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.