[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Pokemon ever let us play as something other than a kid?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: HGSS_Kurt.png (369KB, 578x1002px) Image search: [Google]
HGSS_Kurt.png
369KB, 578x1002px
Will Pokemon ever let us play as something other than a kid?
>>
>>30088022
S&M was a step in the right direction with character customization and no name selection at the start

Surely they will see the need to appease the aging neckbeard veterans who can no longer identify with an 11-year old child character
>>
No. The game is a bout a kid going on an adventure, as it is marketed towards kids who would like to go on an adventure. Kinda like how most anime feature high-school aged protagonists.
>>
>>30088022
>>30088039
>>30088056
There is no good reason why you shouldn't be able to choose your age in addition to your gender.
>>
>>30088091
There is if you are going to start at your mom's house and have a young rival.
>>
>>30088091
>Starting your adventure at fucking 30+ year
>>
>>30088117
>starting at your mom's house
I don't see this breaking /vp/'s immersion at all.
>>
>>30088022
The MMO coming in 5 years will.
>>
>>30088056
This.
Everything about the entire franchise is geared primarily to children. It feels retarded having to remind people on this board of that.
>>
I figured this would be the game to do that after they did the whole pandering to the millennials who're adults now thing but in game they say you're 11.

Kind of a missed opportunity to really scoop up as many of the pkgo players as they could.
>>
>>30088039
>no name selection
they removed that feature too?

sun and moon took one step forward and five step back.
>>
>>30088022
You can place your bet on the fangames.
>>
>>30088152
>After 11 years anon decides to leave the basement and his mom is in tears of joy
>>
>>30088022
You already got to play as a teen in Unova and Kalos
>>
>>30088583
Those are even more childish than the main game with all those cringy edgy backstories.
>>
i'd rather play as a loli anyway
>>
>>30088117
This would still work for a NEET virgin manchild protagonist
>>
>>30088091
You don't choose your gender any more.
>>
POKEMON NOIR

You were Champion as a kid, but now you're in your early thirties. You've settled down in an office job, have a spouse and kids. As time went by, everyone you knew left the league or left gym leading, even people you thought were lifers... One day, masked people break into your house and kidnap your wife, children, and championship Pokemon team. You're framed for murder and thrown in jail. You see the masked people talking with the police and the local gym leader and realize that the cops and the League are in on this conspiracy! You'll never clear your name! You'll never get out! Until...

A Meowth in lock-up for cat-burglary lets you out. With Meowth as your starter, you tear through Johto beating up everyone involved with the League for clues about what happened to your family.

Pokemon Noir. No cutscenes, only scrolling pages of text, with an option for narration by Garrison Keillor.
>>
>>30088091
Coding, scripting, setting, relationships, etc. You can't do a coming of age story with a 40 year old office worker.
>>
>>30088022
>Pick an adult
>You have amnesia
>Justifies an adventure with new Pokemon to get your memory back

>At the end you find out you were the previous champion
>>
Serena/Calem are 18 years old.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.