[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

shiny chaining mareanie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-747Mareanie_Dream.png (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-747Mareanie_Dream.png
48KB, 250x250px
where's the best place or what's the best method to shiny chain a mareanie? since it can't spawn unless being called by corsolas, and the corsolas could call another corsola instead of mareanies, I'm haunted by the possible thought of killing a shiny corsola if it spawns just to continue the cycle until I can get a shiny mareanie...
>>
The daycare.
>>
>>30088017
what are the chances of the masuda method working in this game? shiny chaining have took me one or two hours max, but the thought of picking up eggs and hatching them may take me two days to get a shiny...
>>
what egg group is it really in anyways? I tried the Greninja and it didn't work
>>
>>30088081
I tried too to get haze onto a mareanie but apparently the event greninja can't be used for breeding, water group 1 btw
>>
Explain to me how shiny chaining works OP.

I can't get shit to summon friends more than once, it almost always fails. Also do you just have a pokemon with 1 strong move and 3 useless ones?
>>
>>30088093
well that's pretty weird
>>
>>30088108
you get a mon's hp down to half (yellow), I usually get it down to red just in case it makes them call more (I dunno may be a placebo eff), once their hp is low you use the adrenaline orb. You gotta use the orb like an item not make your pokemon hold it. Now you just prepare to take hits and kill the pokemon that are called to start the chain going, the more you kill the higher the kill chain and the more likely shinies and higher iv mons are gonna appear (some mons may have their hidden abilities too). I usually try to have ohko moves on my pokemon and prepare alot of leppa berries in case I run out of pps. You don't necesarily have to prepare weak moves on a pokemon, just bring a strong mon to finish the called mon and a weak mon to weaken the starting mon at the beginning. Also don't forget to finish off the mon that's calling allies every 50 turns or so just to make sure that they won't run out of pps, don't worry pokemon that are in the same evolutionary group as the one that are called will keep on calling (for example, jangmo-o calling hakamo-o, kill the jangmo-o and the hakamo-o will still continue the chain). This is also vice versa for mons like mareanie and corsola, since mareanie is a different species it's impossible or very unlikely for them to call and continue the chain (I've tried to wait like 10 turns but the mareanie won't call allies). Another tip to keep in mind is to just use the adrenaline orb again to pass a turn in case there's only one pokemon in the opposing side, don't worry it won't use up the item and will just show a window saying you failed in using the item for the turn.
>>
FUCK HERE IT IS A SHINY CORSOLA FUCK ME WHAT SHOULD I DO
>>
>>30088318
I heard this is what we have to do for EV training now. Is it ultra slow or do we get more EVs?
>>
>>30088409
its kinda slow without the special ev training items, its super fast with the special ev training items
>>
>>30088388
Catch the corsola.

Try for a chain again.
>>
>>30088459
I'm currently stalling out the recovers out of this corsola, I'll try my luck until the shiny corsola runs out of pps and tries to struggle
>>
This method is best used for shiny farming not IV or ability farming right?

With ability you won't be able to know what it is without having to try weird shit out on every new mon and there's no way to know IVs if I recall.
>>
>>30088479
yeah its only good for shiny hunting, the shiny that appears may not have good ivs, nature or abilities, but heck man its a shiny
>>
>>30088504
>heck
hey watch your fricking language
>>
>>30088479
>>30088504
The longer the chain the higher the chance of high ivs/HA. But yea, you can't tell the IV/HA beforehand
>>
>>30088479
The chances seem independent from one another, so you may end with a competitive shiny.
>>
if you run a dead synchronizer in slot 1, do the called pokemon get the nature still or is it randomized again?
>>
>>30088552
you can't have a dead synchronizer, the synchronizer must be the active pokemon and take all the hits while the pokemon are called
>>
>>30088040
Whats max ally chain if there is one
>>
>>30088601
no idea, may be as long as you can heal your pokemon's hp and pp to try and keep the chain going
>>
>>30088572
well that sucks
>>
>>30088613
I did it for 5 hours and didnt get squat i only broke it once but my friend was able to get one probably only 45 minutes in
>>
>>30088670
yeah I got a shiny haunter accidentally while farming sp atk evs, but sometimes it lasts for hours - 3-
>>
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU THE SHINY CORSOLA BROKE OUT OF THE POKEBALL AFTER STRUGGLING ONCE... sigh I guess I'll move to mele mele island to restart this dumbass shiny chain - 3-
>>
>>30088409
With pokerus and a power item, it goes pretty quickly.

Allies give x2 EVs, so you end up getting (1+8)*2*2 = 36 EVs per ally defeated if you have both Pokerus and a Power Item
>>
What's the chance of getting HA the first time corsola calls for help? I've tried chaining mareanies but every time I killed one with the ability I didn't want, corsola called for another corsola, so the chain kept breaking. So far I've found 6 mareanies, none of them had regenerator.
>>
>>30088798
>pokerus
if you are lazy enough to hack that, just hack the EV
>>
>>30088804
the chain doesn't break if corsolas call corsolas, kill the called corsola and wait for another mareanie to be called
>>
>>30088526
>can't tell the HA
that one can be spied it's just tedious
>>
>>30088829
Ok, but any idea of the chance of getting one with HA? It's taking me forever.
>>
>>30088866
no idea, prepare a mon w/ skill swap/gastro acid/entrainment etc. moves that can tell you what abilities your opponent has and send it out whenever a mon that you want to catch appears
>>
>Want to chain meraenies to get regenerator
>Pop adrenaline orb
>False swipe corsola
>Calls meraenie
>I kill the corsola
>False swipe meraenie
>It doesn't call for backup
>Try popping another adrenaline orb
>It doesn't have any effect

The fuck?
>>
>>30088552
Synchronize now works differently.

Put a dead mon with the nature you want on 1st slot
Put mon with synchronize on second slot
There you go.
>>
tried chaining for the first time it's a pretty efficient and fool proof way to get shinies. but you lack a lot of control. And shinies that spam precision debuff + call allies drags it to nofun territories.
>>
>>30088976
you can't use the orb once you've used it in a battle, also I'm not sure if mareanies can call other mareanies (it may be very very unlikely, but I would rather just keep the corsola alive to spawn mareanies instead of wasting my time)
>>
>>30088995
is this real? can you post a link to prove it anon?
>>
>>30089012
The problem is that meraenie tries to kill the corsola, so I can't swap to my ability checker without corsola dying.

>Just send out the ability checker after you false swipe the corsola

Too bad that corsolas have fucking recover. And nobody that has something that can check abilities can learn false swipe. Why does it have to be so hard ffs
>>
>>30088905
That's not a problem, I just try to twave and if it's immune to it I kill it right away.
>>
>>30089072
Too bad that merciless is a thing.
>>
>>30089085
All the ones I caught were merciless, the chance of HA must be ridiculously low.
>>
>>30089057
I try to hunt my corsolas in route 9, where their levels are higher so they don't get recover but the chance that they spawn are kinda low...
>>
File: 250px-235Smeargle[1].png (52KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-235Smeargle[1].png
52KB, 250x250px
>>30089057
If only there was some pokemon that could learn any move...
>>
So what's the best pokemon for shiny hunting?

I was thinking about a parasect with:
Damp ability
-False-swipe
-Spore
-Rage powder
-Fury cutter
>>
>>30089187
I prefer 2 pokemon, one with false swipe & ability checking move and another who can take hits/debuffs/weather damage and dish out ohkos
>>
Im like a hundred calls deep into mareanie hunting. I originally just wanted regenerator but it's fucking impossible to check without risking the corsola dying.
This sucks.
>>
>>30089263
Oh, also i caught a shiny rockruff a hundred or ao calls deep and it had perfect IV but no HA so it's not a complete shitmon stat wise with thia method.
>>
>>30089187
depends on what you want to capture.
I tried to chain an evee and the problem isn't damage it's that they spam debuffs. That happen with lots of low level pokes.
you might want a high leveled poke with a mid range attack to kill the targets too. a glass canon that can kill with low level moves full of PP is probably better than those 10 PP high level moves too. false swipe is recommended mostly to start the chain and capture the final poke, so it's valuable but any poke can get it as long as you have it in the team.
I'd rather build something that can "soft control" pokes to do the chain. Like charm, paralyze, reduce precision/damage the shit out of the caller + one move to swipe the called pokes.
>>
>>30088129
>>30088093
>>30088081
surskit can breed haze onto it, learns it at level 25
>>
>>30089057
pangoro, SOS encounter route 11 from pancham, learns false swipe and entrainment by move relearner, also gets taunt and thief, just a solid utility mon, can also get scrappy as HA so you can false swipe ghosts
>>
>>30089278
>I tried to chain an evee and the problem isn't damage it's that they spam debuffs. That happen with lots of low level pokes.
Guard spec my friend
>>
>>30089278
various birds are nice to take care of debuffs, big pecks and keen eye
>>
>>30088976
>>30089012

You need to have Corsola to get Mareanie

Consider Corsola as "bait" for Mareanies
>>
>>30088976
Yeah, I learned that the hard way. You can only keep the chain going with same species. If you start the chain with corsola, only other corsolas can call for help. Mareanie doesn't appear on its own so it's not possible for it to call for help
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.