[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These are the only objectively bad, unredeemable pokemon from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

File: Shitmons.jpg (1MB, 5246x2601px) Image search: [Google]
Shitmons.jpg
1MB, 5246x2601px
These are the only objectively bad, unredeemable pokemon from Gen 7 in terms of being competitive.

Everything else we got is great and has their niches.
>>
>>30087207
PASSIMIAN IS A FUCKING BRO! DRAMPA IS A FUCKING BRO! LURANTIS IS A FUCKING BRO!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30087207
>Drampa
>shit
Please, base 135 SpATK (on a Dragon type), a super massive movepool, and a good ability in Berserk means it's definitely usable.

It's probably better than Turtonator, even with the latter's Fire/Dragon typing and access to Shell Smash.
>>
>>30087207
forgot my mom's toucan
>>
>>30087207
I'd say the best one there is Crabominable due to it's ice hammer doing fuckloads of damage.

My bro Turtonator probably should be on their due to having base 135 defense, no speed, base 60 HP, and meh stats elsewhere.

Shell trap is also counter, but the highest base power of any fire move tied with Eruption.
The point is that this fucker has drunk stats.
>>
>Drampa
>no Turt
>no sea cucumber
>>
>>30087310
The only viable favorites I have are Volcarona, Weavile, and Blaziken.
>>
>>30087207
>vikvaolt
>not having a niche
OP pls
>>
>>30087310
Pyukumuku is plenty viable.
>>
>>30087207
The only complete shit one in that list is Lurantis. Everybody is bad, but Lurantis is the only unredeemable bad.
>>
>>30087280
I thought Shell Smash saved it.
Am I wrong?
>>
File: 3435345645.jpg (88KB, 907x1075px) Image search: [Google]
3435345645.jpg
88KB, 907x1075px
>>30087207
>lurantis is your favorite design of the gen but is complete garbage
>>
>>30087207

>Vikavolt

Give him some TR support and he's a fucking rape train, pairs up super easy with Oranguru

>Drampa

Are you running him physical? Because he's an excellent spec attacker with two very good abilities and a wide movepool.
>>
>>30087354
Holy hell I forgot it got that.
This fucker is gonna be a really good wallbreaker, and a fantastic setup sweeper given a chance to set up.
>>
File: 124347568797897.jpg (85KB, 448x363px) Image search: [Google]
124347568797897.jpg
85KB, 448x363px
>>30087367
>I quite literally know this feel

It's not fucking fair.
Look at it, it looks amazing from both a waifumon standpoint and just as a great looking pokemon standpoint.

Why does it have to be so fucking shit.
I am so mad still. I will never not be mad. There's NOTHING for it, it's got no niche. Contrary? Serperior does it better, anything else? Tsareena does it better.

FUCK THIS IS BULLSHIT.
>>
>>30087395
Get ready for mind games with Turtonator.
>Oh fuck, is he gonna Shell Trap or Shell Smash

I know I know, it's not going to be as great as Aegislash King's Shield mindgames, but still, it's something
>>
>>30087207
Change Drampa (is a beast) for Oranguru, and you have it
>>
>>30087405
cloranthy could have partially saved it, or at least stopped it from being deadweight

125 damage solar blade + stab + outspeeding everything + synthesis heals more
>>
>>30087428

>Pokemon literally built for VGC
>Bad
>>
>>30087428
I left Oranguru off the list because despite me not giving the slightest shit about Doubles, I know it's amazing for that format.
>>
>>30087451
It's a meme, did you see the movepool and Base stats of that thing? Is bad
>>
>>30087207
Primarina is objectively competitively bad and irredeemable because it's a slow frail attacker that's outclassed by every water and fairy type pokemon out there, and is nothing more but a poor man's Azumarill.
>>
Fuck. I'm literally about to go hunting for a Passimian right now. Why's it on a shit list?
>>
>>30087605
Worthless ability in singles.
>>
>>30087628
>>30087605
It has Defiant as its hidden ability
>>
>>30087605
It's a poor mans Conk.
Worse stats, worse ability, worse movepool.
>>
>ANOTHER special attacker with shit-tier attack gets Sap Sipper

At least put Lightning Rod or Motor Drive on that shit. Sap Sipper is useless unless they make it boost SpA.
>>
>>30087689
Isn't every fighting type a poor mans conk by that comparison? Defiant should be worth something in singles and is not that slow.
>>
>>30087367
>being a dumb waifufag

I say you deserve it.
>>
>>30087640
Can't get defiant ingame.
>>
>>30087207
you should add flaming fur fag
>>
>>30087818
you can get it outside of the game? wow
>>
>>30087896
Are you retarded?
>>
>>30087926
no, are you?
>>
>>30087405
They really thought Solar Blade would save it.

God damn, sometimes they're so smart, but other times GF looks brainless.
>>
>>30087628
Of course it sucks ass in Singles.

How does it do in Doubles?
>>
>>30087550
It is a water fairy Slowking. It hits harder than its immediate competition and is a good special tank given its decent HP and very good special defence.
>>
The only bad design I see is Drampa. I would let it slide if I hadn't wanted a normal/dragon for ages.
>>
>>30087207
Vikavolt is viable in tr teams.
>>
>>30089293
>outclassed by sylveon and florges in every single way
>>
>>30087207
So is Palossand good for something?
>>
>>30087705
Stops leech seed. Let's you come in on spore with impunity. Can switch into Choice Bulu and force it out for free. It's not the best but a free immunity is fantastic. Hell Alolan Marowak is really good right now since lightning rod allows it to switch in and threaten Xurkitree and Tapu Koko for free despite not making any use of the special attack increase
>>
>>30089319
>could've finally had Dunsparce evolution
>got jolly flaccid mountain falkor instead
s u f f e r i n g
>>
>>30087207
Gumshoos does have the gimmick of hitting insanely hard. Stakeout is basically huge power when it activates and he has higher base attack than any huge/pure/water bubble mon.

He's shit in every other way but if you can force switches he murders people.
>>
File: 1479693502189.jpg (66KB, 347x640px) Image search: [Google]
1479693502189.jpg
66KB, 347x640px
>>30087207

pic related. Lurantis and Vikavolt carried my team.
>>
>>30089416
Gumshoos is going to be bottom tier, but Adaptability and Stakeout complement each-other nicely. Gotta make the decision whether to switch out to a resist/immunity expecting Scarfed/Banded Adaptability Last Resort, and get smacked by a Stakeout boost, or stay in and try to damage/KO it expecting Stakeout, and take the risk of it being Adaptability.

The Oricorios are pretty terrible desu. They do at least have some kind of utility in U-Turn and Baton Passing boosts, be it stolen or their own, but holy shit they have their dual STABs and fuck all else to attack with.
>>
>>30089369
>85/110/75 Bulk
>Perfectly workable 100 SpAtt
>signature recovery move
>Grass coverage, among other surprising TMs
>Amnesia access to cover its average SpDef

It certainly isn't shit, if that's what ou were expecting.
>>
File: IMG_2826.png (151KB, 1000x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2826.png
151KB, 1000x630px
>>30087550
>>
>>30089344
he hasnt play specs primarina

back to 900 elo shitter
>>
>>30091598
>Banded Last Resort
Does CB let you use Last Resort without actually fulfilling Last Resort's requirements? Cause that sounds stupid.
>>
I like Lurantis's design so much but its like the worst Pokemon I've ever used.Training Fomantis was a fucking pain due since it died to everything and killed nothing.
>>
>>30090191
That didn't really work out for her though, did it?
>>
>>30087207
>Objective
Objectively kill yourself OP
>>
Really? Drampa's got a gigantic move pool and good ability.
>>
>>30092090
Damn, apparently it doesn't work if it's the only move it knows. Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>30087807
Now listen here you little shit.

I have plenty of waifumon. Lurantis isn't one of them.
>>
>>30092124
objectively fuck you, anon.
>>
>>30091762
Signature recovery move? Didnt know
>>
>>30087335
Yeah, it's niche is "Worse version of Galvantula that can be used in the PU tier"
>>
>>30087207
>railgun bug is bad
How even? it's design is pretty dope. The typing gives it a plus. it's move pool is pretty strong and it's speed can boost with a quick claw.
>waifumantis
I've been kicking some major ass with this fucker. I don't know how shit you are at the game but hot damn.

As for the rest I haven't fucked around with 'em my team consists of largely bug ghost or grass types.
>>
>>30092404
Quick Claw is a 10% chance. There is no getting around that 45 speed.
>>
>>30087231
>Lurantis is a fucking sis
ftfy
>>
>>30092307
Good one. How long did it take you to come up with that objective opinion?
>>
>>30091762
Shame they didn't give It arena trap, thematically It makes sense and It would have gave It some good niches. Didn't knew It actually get's reliable recovery though, that's nice
>>
>>30087689
A better comparison would be primeape because they both get defiant CC and U-turn
>>
>>30092509
objectively longer than your dick so not very long at all lmao
>>
>>30092404
>The typing gives it a plus
No, bug/electric is a godawful typing. Sure it has no x4 weaknesses, and it even gets ground immunity thanks to levitate, but that don't mean shit when fire types wall it completely and OHKO it. Galvantula has the same problem and it's ten times better than Vikavolt in every way

>it's move pool is pretty strong
It's movepool is just barely a notch above "unbelievably pathetic" mainly because it can't properly use anything it gets
It gets decent STAB moves, and it can run air slash, energy ball and flash cannon for coverage, but none of those give it any meaningful coverage except against rock types(which will outspeed and OHKO if you don't predict and KO on the switch)
Roost and Agility are nice I suppose, but they're not going to keep him alive long enough to get the x6 speed boost he needs to outspeed an inanimate object
He also gets volt switch, be no reason to use it since vikavolt's too frail to be a defensive pivot and too slow to be an offensive pivot. Best use that'll see is some focus sash memebuild

>quick claw
Garbage item for a garbage pokemon
If you want to boost Vikavolt's speed, you're going to be doing it with trick room in doubles, and having Vikavolt spam discharge while your ground type spams earthquake. This might be a pretty nasty strategy except for the part where claydol is the only ground type who learns trick room, and earthquake is not particularly threatening fired off a base 70 atk.
Actually wait, you could use an Oranguru with telepathy and instruct instead, at the risk of being walled by ground types and anyone who resists electric.
It's not a very potent strategy, but it's at least SOMETHING Vikavolt can do better than Galvantula.

tl;dr Vikavolt is PU in singles, maybe UU in doubles.
>>
>>30087346
Curse baton pass works well
With toxic you can stall to death
>>
>>30087957
Or
Like every pokemon ever
Competitive play wasn't the primary focus.
Lurantis makes for a great challenge ingame. That's what it was built for. Pokemon weren't made to be balanced for competitive play even if gf has been doing better about giving everything a niche.
>>
File: lol.jpg (159KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
159KB, 640x480px
>>30087207
>vp in charge of competitive
>>
>>30092930
>Pokemon weren't made to be balanced for competitive play
>Pretty much every pokemon released in gen 6-7 has some unique gimmick to exploit
I think it's competitive play that isn't balanced around pokemon. Primarily because people still insist on playing only singles when doubles has been repeatedly proven to be the targeted format.
>>
Is eviolite Charjabug viable?
>>
>>30093046
If you are Versify it is.
>>
>>30093046
Probably, definitely in game.
>>
>>30087346
explain
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.