[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where the fuck is the difficulty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 370
Thread images: 17

so I'm almost done with my second island. I have a full team of 6 with pretty well-rounded type coverage & movesets, and I have literally not used a single Z-move in any battle. I haven't done any grinding, and I haven't blacked out once. I'm getting flashbacks to X, which I beat the Champion in without ever losing a single battle. Shit was anticlimactic and unfulfilling as fuck.

game freak what the fuck
there better be an insane fucking difficulty spike coming up soon

(also I bred a shitton of all three starters, anyone want some?)
>>
>>30087180
I had plenty of challenge even with a good team

Did you leave your exp share on?
>>
>>30087180
lets see u beat master rank in battle royal shitstick
>>
File: 1479073949051.jpg (30KB, 228x239px) Image search: [Google]
1479073949051.jpg
30KB, 228x239px
>>30087209
Exp share and shift on probably
>>
>>30087180
>Plenty of people had some sort of difficult in the game.
>Two or three fuckers think the games are XY all over again

For fucks sake.
>>
>>30087180
Do you play on Set instead of Shift and with Exp Share off, you cock gobbler ?
>>
The problem with XY is that most people played it with exp share on and it was too easy then they never played the game again and started complaining

XY isnt easy with no exp share. There's a reason why so many people lose theiir XY nuzlockes

SM is pretty much the same thing howeveer Totem Battles are harder than anything XY because they are 2 on 1 battles.
>>
>>30087180
>Things that never happened - The post

S&M are plenty difficult and are right up there with Platinum.

Sage tbqh.
>>
>>30087180
>there better be an insane fucking difficulty spike coming up soon
Oh there is, don't you fucking worry. Once you beat the Kahuna of the third island, the level curve is going to spike as fucking hell. I was overlevelled compared to Guzma/Nanu, but if you don't cut a break from following the story to train, you're going to get wrecked by Lusamine in Aether Paradise (the next destination after Ula'Ula). And straight after that, it's onwards to Poni Island where even the fucking wild Pokémon are as high levelled as Lusamine's team.
>>
>>30087180
>I'm getting flashbacks to X, which I beat the Champion in without ever losing a single battle.
If you black out in any Pokemon game even before X you have to rethink your life and how complete shit you are at video games.
>>
>>30087238
Even with those on, I feel like the AI is more competent and a few trainers have been mildly challenging even if I haven't blacked out yet. Maybe it was just me but Illima's Smeargle hit surprisingly hard.
>>
>>30087311
>XY isnt easy with no exp share
Yes it is
>There's a reason why so many people lose theiir XY nuzlockes
Because they're idiots doing it for attention

If you're using retards like ProJared as a standard of whats difficult or not you're as stupid as him
>>
>>30087469
Not the guy you're replying to.

Projarad isn't the only person that lost his nuzlocke to X&Y.
adrive, shadypenguin, munchingorange and a few other 'ecelebs' that I cannot remember off the top of my head have lost X&Y runs.
I know for an absolute fact that most of them lose their runs to Lysandra's final fight.

X&Y is high in the ranks as far as nuzlocke difficulty goes. Your hate for the game will not change that.

Playing through regularly though? Sure, that's easy, but most pokemon games are piss easy without doing a challenge run of sorts anyway.
>>
>>30087469
>Because they're idiots doing it for attention
Sure mate
>>
>>30087469
t. baby who has never nuzlocked x and y
the game is notorious for having random nuzlocke ending run sections spread across the game.
>>
third totem was tough with water starter
>>
>>30087523
i'm not talking about nuzlockes you autist and the post i've quoted said nothing about XY being difficult for nuzlockes only either

the game is piss easy even without exp share on unless you're putting dumb restrictions on yourself and you're deluded if you think otherwise

the games were always easy but the new exp share trivialized it even more
>>
>>30087560

>There's a reason why so many people lose theiir XY nuzlockes
>Because they're idiots doing it for attention

>>>>>>"i'm not talking about nuzlockes"

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>30087468
Im playing my playthrough without using Z-skills, items in battle, or exp-share. The leaf totem pokemon almost fucking wrecked my shit. I saw its ally use sunny day, and I fucking knew the assravaging I was about to endure.
>>
>>30087582
How about you read the entire post and the post i was initially quoting
>>
It just comes down to team composition. I'm actually finding parts difficult, moreso than other games, but that's because I'm using a team with 4 bugs, one grass, and one fighting type. I'm up to the third island, but the totems I had difficulty on (Wishiwashi and Lurantis) could have been easily beaten with different pokemon I didn't use.
>>30087311
The reason XY is difficult to Nuzlocke is because of the huge dex. You often end up getting stuck with shitmons with overlapping weaknesses.
>>
>>30087468
>I feel like the AI is more competent
>AI keep insisting on using status moves on pokemons immune to it and the final boss do nothing but metronome and pain split

>few trainers have been mildly challenging
>less than five trainers in THE ENTIRE GAME have more than three pokemon. 80% of them have 2 or 1

cant wait for the honeymoon period to end so people will stop defending every dumb shit about SM
>>
File: 1476100765801.png (356KB, 599x510px) Image search: [Google]
1476100765801.png
356KB, 599x510px
>get to the volcano on 2nd island
>oh sweet a cool magma cave
>it just teleports you to the other end
Fuck you.
>>
File: 1375803648264.jpg (8KB, 235x214px) Image search: [Google]
1375803648264.jpg
8KB, 235x214px
>>30087632
>having trouble with lurantis when you have 4 bugs

what the hell are you doing
>>
romhack when, with every trainer having 6 pokemon.
>>
>That Lurantis trial
Holy fuck. My Dartrix and Mudbray got royally fucked.

Salandit pulled our nuts from the fire.
>>
>>30087632
I had 3 pokemon strong to Lurantis and she still wiped 5 of my pokemon out and nearly killed my last one.

Also
>could have been easily beaten with different pokemon I didn't use.
You literally had 4 pokemon strong to Lurantis, how can you say that?
It's a legit difficult fight.
>>
>>30087650
S/M has zero (0) dungeons.
>>
>>30087311
I played it with EXP Share off, and it was ridiculously easy, had to force myself to finish it because it wasn't engaging at all. And I didn't even finish ORAS until I downloaded the Star Sapphire difficulty hack.
>>
>>30087657
Lurantis wasn't the problem, it was the Castform that slaughtered everything with Fire boosted Weather Ball, or the Trumbeak spamming Screech/Pluck.
>>
>>30087675
>It's a legit difficult fight.
You can oneshot it with cutiefly
You can two shot it with fire pokemon and z-moves

Hell you don't even need z-moves

Stop this meme

Just because you're more stupid than a five year old and still dont know how to play type advantages in the seventh fucking gen doesn't mean that fucking fight is hard

You're just retarded
>>
>>30087698
You can't one shot it with cutiefly.
I tried.
>>
>>30087698
I had a Torracat and used its Z move. It still wiped out 5 of my pokemon.
You're full of shit and trying your best to make yourself look cool on an anonymous imageboard.

We've had threads upon threads of people saying Lurantis is a difficult fight, nobody gives a fuck about your opinion you autist.
>>
>>30087698
I'm pretty sure no one is saying the fight is impossible retard. It's just a fight where if you don't either know it's coming, or have the sufficient tools to deal with it; it can fuck your ass with a razor blade.
>>
>>30087718
you can
don't be dumb and slap silver powder on it
even without it polen puff kills it and leech life too depending on how your stats ended up

>>30087719
>I had a Torracat and used its Z move. It still wiped out 5 of my pokemon.
>being wiped to a new gen pokemon
>ever

I'm not preteding to be cool on an anonymous board you moron

I'm just being normal. You're the retard finding kids games difficult

Losing with a torracat just proves how stupid you are. You have the upper hand in every level and you still manage to fuck it up by being dumb and then you blame everyone else not as stupid as you as "using exp share and switch and grinding and cheating!!! if i lost no one else can beat it too!!!!"

>>30087739
>It's just a fight where if you don't either know it's coming, or have the sufficient tools to deal with it

You KNOW that is coming. Trials are already expected by that point and you know mallow is a grass captain

Not having the tools is the worst excuse. That's like saying brock is difficult because you only have a pidgey or bird boy from gen 2 is the hardest trainer ever because you have a bellsprout. The only reason you won't have tools is because you don't want to, there are PLENTY of pokemon to catch that are effective against lurantis, grass have literally bazillion weaknesses to exploit
>>
>>30087695
that trumbeak made me realize how much of a terrible flying/rock weakness my team had. After finally killing the castform, and that bastard came out. I looked down at my roster and shat myself.
>>
>>30087634
I just finished Melemele, haven't had any enemies try to use status or moves that I have immunities to yet. They're also not spamming String Shot or Tail Whip and never attacking like in some past games so far. Maybe they'll get dumber but as far as early game goes, it seems more competent than R/B/Y and ORAS which I've played through both during this year as well.

I agree the whole regular trainers only having 1 or 2 mons is kinda lame but on the opposite side, I don't miss shit like Hikers with 4 Geodudes and a Graveler all with Sturdy. That's tedious, not difficult.
>>
>>30087814
Yes, you definitely know the games going to drop a sun team that has a speed and health boosted THREAT, with a support pokemon spamming lethal support skills while still pulling off 1 shot potential. You are right, everyone else in the world is retarded faggot.
>>
>>30087698
I used my Torracats Z fire move and it did less than 50%. I played with EXP share off though, you probably played with it on and just destroyed everything in the game easily.
>>
>>30087311

You people need to stop blaming the exp share for the lack of difficulty. All it does is speed up leveling, it alone doesn't magically make battles easier. It's a time saver so you don't have to spend forever out grinding levels. Even without the exp share, XY/ORAS were retardedly easy (that fucking E4 in XY for example).
>>
>>30087814
>you blame everyone else not as stupid as you as "using exp share and switch and grinding and cheating!!! if i lost no one else can beat it too!!!!"

>Literally trying to justify having his battle set to switch and overleveling out the ass

lmao at your life

>Guys, look at me, I can beat any RPG, I just grinded up for hours and went into the boss 10 levels higher and 1 shotted it, why aren't you cool like me
>>
>>30087180
Honestly, the only trouble I've ever really had so far is with the Totem mons and that's just because I severely underestimated them. The allies allow for some pretty neat strategies that you don't really get from standard gym leader battles. I hope we get something like them in the future.
>>
>>30087843
>Yes, you definitely know the games going to drop a sun team that has a speed and health boosted THREAT, with a support pokemon spamming lethal support skills while still pulling off 1 shot potential

You actually should, unless you're a bumbling idiot. Wishiwashi totem teaches you about supporting pokemon and their abilities. You have to be retarded to think they're going to drop it for the next captain.

During the entire trial while you're collecting shit you also see grass pokemon and lurantis. Why the hell you would think that the grass captain in a jungle filled with grass pokemon would have anything but a grass totem is beyond me, but your retardation doesnt make the battle any more difficult
>>
>>30087857
That was sarcasm for people that use that excuse for anyone saying they didn't struggled

Like you and >>30087848 just did.

Because it's such a foreign concept for retards like you that someone else isn't as stupid and didn't got wiped by the third "boss" in the game. They totally overgrinded with exp share on and used gameshark and a team full of wondertraded legendaries right???
>>
>Blacking out in pokémon
It's been, literally , decades since the last time this has happened. It's a game for kids, do you expect it to have seriously challenging encounters?
>>
>>30087814
>Pollen Puff
Doesn't it only learn Pollen Puff once it evolves? You'd have to be way overleveled at that point then
You're basically admitting you were just overleveled for every fight
>>
>>30087850
Yes EXP Share makes the game easier. Not counting grinding obviously you can grind to make up for the loss of EXP.
>>
>>30087908
>Doesn't it only learn Pollen Puff once it evolves?
yes
it evolves in the exact same level you face lurantis though. talk about coincidence!

you can also have leech life way earlier than that
>>
File: 1478329796283.png (107KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1478329796283.png
107KB, 355x369px
>water totem
>only attacking move is water gun
>uses soak so you resist water gun
>>
>>30087903
You obviously used EXP Share by your remarks about one shotting and two shotting Lurantis. You shouldn't have been powerful enough to do that if you didn't use the EXP Share. And you haven't said you didn't use the EXP Share, because you did.
>>
>>30087879
I can tell by the justfication you give, that your level of thinking is that of a 10 year old.
>Lots of grass, gonna be a grass type team HURRRRR
It's fucking obvious its a grass fight genious, that's not the threat what so ever. Being blindsided by a power herb wielding sun team that uses 2 round abilities boosted in the sun while also having the ability to rejuvenate ~60% hp a turn was. You either are lying through the teeth, or are one of those kids who were lvl 40 before even attempting this lvl 24 fight. In which case, good job champ!
>>
File: 12432534654756756.png (57KB, 532x427px) Image search: [Google]
12432534654756756.png
57KB, 532x427px
>>30087903
>Shitter who grinds in a childrens game goes full damage control mode and backpeddles after getting BTFO by the entire thread

Pottery.
>>
>get to salazzle totem
>expect long fight since the other two were pretty long
>doggo OHKOs salazzle
I'm not even upset, just confused.
>>
>>30087932
>You obviously used EXP Share by your remarks about one shotting and two shotting Lurantis.

Jesus fuck
Ribombee evolves at lvl25
Lurantis is lvl24

Go ahead, pollen puff it. See if it won't oneshot it. WOAH DUDE YOU GRINDED FOR LIKE TEN HOURS YOU CHEATER I BET YOU USE SWITCH MODE TOO STOP LYING ON THE INTERNET TO LOOK TOUGH
>>
>>30087928
>Black Sludgle Grimer.
>Fug.
>>
>>30087952
You used the EXP Share. None of my team were even on the same level as Lurantis, you're saying yours were even higher than it.
>>
>Totem Lurantis battle starts
>Go Torracat
>Fire Z move
>Does barely half of Lurantis health
>Lurantis uses X-scissor, doing well over half to my Torracat
>Lurantis summons Castform
>Next turn
>Lurantis uses Synthesis, healing to almost full
>Castform uses Sunny day
>Torracat uses Fire Fang on Lurantis, doesn't even do half to it
>Lurantis uses Synthesis to heal to full
>Castform finishes Torracat off
>Everything else that comes in from this point on takes a Solar Blade + Headbutt from castform, killing anything on my team

Lurantis is difficult.
>>
>>30087468
This, I keep seeing multiple trainers actually do fucking setups on me that I wasn't expecting and getting trashed.

Just earlier I faced the battle tree veterans right outside the entrance and the Liligant Turtonator Combo absolutely rekt house on me with the After Me/Sunny Day/Fire Blast combination.
>>
>>30087974
>You used the EXP Share. None of my team were even on the same level as Lurantis
>my game is the absolute norm. anything different from what i play is cheating

are you literally 12yo or something

the only reason i never said i didn't use exp share is because i know you will say "LOL U LIAR U TOTALLY DID". But if you want to hear it that much then yeah, i haven't used exp share. I had a four mon team by that point either and ribombee was my lead. If you fight everyone and run from no battle, you will be lvl 23-25 easily by that point unless you rotate your team after every trial. Stop using your own stupid playthrough as basis.
>>
Pokemon games have never been really hard. You may have had a hard time with some of your first games because you were a child. The only difficult part of this one is some of the trials if you aren't prepared.

>tfw fought Lurantis with a level 23 Dartrix and Salandit and lost
>1 more level and they got flame burst and pluck and wiped the floor with it
>>
>>30088006
This. I really don't understand how you guys can ever find any of this really difficult. It is, surely, more difficult than XY, but it's really easy to get there on a high level without even trying. All you have to do is not run from any battle.
>>
>>30088006
Dartix gets completely destroyed by the trumbeak. It's pretty much the hardest counter you can face.

On the sal, even at 40 mine is complete garbage, didn't really pay attention to it's nature and it gets one shot by literally everything.
>>
>>30088006
>he only difficult part of this one is some of the trials if you aren't prepared.
>The only part of this game are the parts that are hard
Yes, that's right.
>>
>>30088006
>>30088027
you both use exp share on and overgrind
bet you play on switch and wondertraded legendaries too

stop being tough guys on the internet, Sun and Moon is the Dark Souls of pokemon
>>
>>30088000
Look, no one agrees with your nonsense about two shotting or one shotting Lurantis. It's clear you used EXP Share. Also using less than 6 Pokemon makes your Pokemon get to higher levels faster, making the game easier. Easiest way to play is with just 1 Pokemon.
>>
>>30088006
I had a level 26 Darktrix with Pluck and it get defeated easily by the Weather Ball Castform since Lurantis instantly used Synthesis right after the first Pluck. My Salandit's Z-Move did not one shot Lurantis at all, but I eventually pulled through by switching up my approach. It's definitely difficult.
>>
>>30088042
The controls aren't that bad.
>>
>>30088049
>Look, no one agrees with your nonsense about two shotting or one shotting Lurantis.

No, YOU don't agree. Stop being retarded, jesus christ. It's not impossible to one shot it with STAB, its definitely even less impossible to two shot it. You don't need exp share on. You don't need to grind. You don't need gameshark. You just need to use your brain and have played a pokemon game before in your life to know about types, STAB, held items and etcetera.

You're literally the stupidiest person on the whole world and you think everyone else is like you or lying. Just lie on the ground and die already for fucks sake.
>>
Seems to me like the people who found Lurantis easy all literally had RNG on their side
>No mention of castform
>No mention of synthesis

What next?
>Oh I crit Lurantis with a Fire Z move from my level 33 Salazzle, it's easy lol just do the same
>>
>>30088077
>Two Shotting Lurantis
>Synthesis Spam
>>
>>30088083
>if you don't struggle against Lurantis you had RNG on your side and overleveled

Ahahaha oh god this is too much

Thanks gamefreak. This is what happens when you keep pandering to stupid kids that much. Johnny nine year old will get stuck in a battle and be angry with everyone else.

>>30088090
>what is disable
>what are priority moves
>what are status effects
>>
>>30088042
Set and Off. I just had a well rounded team very early (Rowlet, Cutiefly, Magnemite, Mudbray, Wishiwashi, Salandit) and am not a complete retard
>>
i dont know if its any different but my teams (not main) are usually made by catching grouping mons in the order i caught them (more or less)
usually makes for shit teams, especially early on, but feels good to train them into something cool

>>30087180
>anyone want some
yes, ill prob head over to the wifi thread later
>>
>>30088102
What priority move do you have at that point in the game that can reliably 2-shot a Pokemon who spams Synthesis at 50% health?
>>
>>30087848
>I used my Torracats Z fire move and it did less than 50%
Impossible. I did the same thing and I one-shot that fuck without a crit.
>>
>>30088123
>use strong effective move on the first turn
>use priority move on the second to kill it before it heals

wow
i'm literally einstein
>>
>>30088077
>No, YOU don't agree

No retard, I wasn't even the one you were talking to before. Between that first person, probably some other people and this person >>30087986 and myself. Everyone is saying you're retarded. And no one has said you're correct. Because you're not. Now again, I used the Z fire move from my Torracat, it did less than 50%. Probably like 35%. That is the most powerful single move I could have done at the time. Has nothing to do with not knowing STAB or whatever retarded things you're saying. Its about not purposely making the game easy by overleveling with EXP Share or using less than 6 Pokemon.
>>
>>30088077
>It's not impossible to one shot it with STAB
not him but yes it is if you aren't at least 5 levels higher than it. The totem pokemon do NOT have the same HP that normal pokemon do. Even if you are at a 2 shot situation, you will be tanked by the boss with boosted sythesis while the castform rapes you in most cases, outside of literally having the perfect pokemon to tank both of their typings at once. It's pretty obvious you were over leveled, which is fine, but don't act like you just walk in there at level 20 and oneshotgg it.
>>
To be honest the EXP share is abused like it was in XY anymore. It's well balanced to be honest, I see my team slowly increase a level around 6-8 battles. In XY, literally 1 gym trainer swipe with one Pokémon and Half your team will level up.
>>
File: 15363465475756.gif (927KB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
15363465475756.gif
927KB, 250x230px
>>30088102
>Mfw this autist is in every thread talking about difficulty and is continuously getting blown the fuck out by everyone while he spergs out claiming he's right

It's beautiful to watch.
>>
>>30088134
What Pokemon has such a combination that early on? I'll wait.
>>
>>30088134
>Super effective Z move barely does 50%
>Thinks he has priority strong enough to do over 40% of its remaining life despite this

Not even the guy you're replying to, you're just retarded.
>>
>>30088134
comgrats, now its on the lower reds and there is a skill link Trumbeak/Headbutt Castform shitting your lead.
>>
>>30088139
>not him but yes it is if you aren't at least 5 levels higher than it.

open your game right now and use pollen puff with a lvl25 ribombee on lvl24 lurantis
you don't even need to hold silver powder like i did on mine

come back and tell me if you didnt one shotted it and you had to grind your ribombee to lvl30
>>
>>30088151
dewd, don't you know about my sick mega-sizor i totally have that can swordsdance x-sizzor into bullet punch at level 20. git gud.
>>
>>30088157
>Not even the guy you're replying to
Nice try but we know you are the same idiot because you keep repeating this incorrect meme that z-moves don't take more than half of its life
>>
>>30088160
You do know that normal Lurantis and Totem Lurantis have incredibly different stats, right?
>>
Shall I put this retard out of his misery by posting my (dead)Torracat from my nuzlocke run who got destroyed by Lurantis despite using a Fire Z move on it?
It 'apparently' one shots it, right, so why oh why did it die at such an early stage of the game I wonder?
>>
>>30087986
How fucking weak is your Incineroar?
>>
>>30088171
You're a retard. I'm not even the guy you're replying to right now and I've also said that it doesn't take 50% of it's life.
>>
File: 661.png (3KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
661.png
3KB, 120x120px
>>30088151
guess who you can catch in the volcano nearby????
>>
Z moves have different BP depending on what move you're linking them off of, so your results can definitely vary. Also, whether you're using it while sun is up or whatever.

Either way, I just did the same thing with Lurantis that I did with more or less every other totem, which was spam featherdance for a couple turns to completely neuter their damage. Oricorio's movepool is pretty garbage, but it's still good for that.
>>
>>30088183
Oh, so it gets Brave Bird by the time you reach Lurantis?
>>
>>30088160
I mean even if you're right, one particular Pokemon of the like 50 or so you could have at that point being able to deal with it easily doesn't make the fight itself necessarily "easy".
>>
>>30088190
no, but it gets quick attack on lvl6 so you can use a flying move on turn one and quick attack on turn two

>brave bird
>priority move

this is the retard i'm arguing with
but maybe i'm overleveling if i'm over lvl7 before lurantis right

fucking exp share
>>
>>30088315
He was on an even higher level than Lurantis. His team should have only been around level 20-21. He was overleveled from grinding or EXP Share. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>30088185
Indeed, but torracat can kill it on its own with FireFang and fire charge by the point you get a fire type move that does enough damage.
>>
>>30088325
You do know that the only flying move it has prior to being 39 or 42 as evo is peck, right? So you're implying you used a SE Peck on totem Lurantis and got it low enough that your quick attack took off the rest of its health.
>>
>>30088325
While he is retarded, you can chain for Gale Wings.
>>
>>30088333
You get fire pledge right on the first island, and the Z move for that is a solid 40 bp above what fire fang gets you. So you know, there's that.
>>
>>30088315
You get leech life very early and it's a 80BP bug move

There are plenty of bugs to use the STAB bonus and even if you don't oneshot it, you will heal yourself just like Lurantis will do

>>30088332
>His team should have only been around level 20-21

Lurantis is level 24
Mallow's trial is the last trial of the second island

20-21 my ass. It's perfectly reasonable to be around lvl25 even without xp share unless you run from every encounter

>>30088348
>You do know that the only flying move it has prior to being 39 or 42 as evo is peck, right?

You do know what Acrobatics is and where you can get it, right?

How about you go play the fucking game before talking shit
>>
>>30088325
>non stab quick attack.
pfthahaha
>>
just finished the game

didn't black out once
>>
>>30088353
If you're grinding for HA mons, you have no business complaining about the game being too easy.
>>
>>30088151
That nigga was obviously overleved. I beat Lurantis because I used Toxic with my A-Grimer. Also I THINK I had just gotten Roost on my Trumbeak. I remember making it get toxiced to death. But that Synthesis, Solar Blade and Weather Ball under the effects of Sunny Day were a real bitch.

None of my attacks could damage it to 50% to its health, not even Z-moves. (Granted, my only fire attack was a Flame Charge on Trumbeak, since Cubone only evolved to become my fire mon much later).
>>
>>30088372
Huh.
I didn't remember that one.
>>
>>30088378
No it's not reasonable retard. You were overleveled.
>>
File: 1474906942933.jpg (48KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1474906942933.jpg
48KB, 657x527px
>try to catch every pokemon
>become overleveled
>>
>>30088391
I can agree with this.
>>
>>30088412
You're a fucking idiot you know that?
>>
>>30088412
>no its not reasonable because i said so even when the totem level indicates which level you should be X( my word is law!!! moooom!

Thanks 12yo
>>
>>30088378
>Level 25
>Before Lurantis
>No grinding nor Exp. Share
Stop lying, unless you focused your whole training in 1 to 3 Pokemon, you shouldn't be that high.
>>
>>30088418
How?
I did it and was most of the time at 2-3 levels under ace trainers and 1 below normal ones.
>>
File: torracat.jpg (311KB, 973x796px) Image search: [Google]
torracat.jpg
311KB, 973x796px
>>30088176
>>30087986

Here we go

Level 23 Torracat
Level 24 Charjabug
Level 23 Trumbeak
Level 23 Diglett
Level 25 Wishiwashi
Level 24 Persian

All died besides Persian. I started off with Torracat and fired off a Fire Z move based off of Fire Fang, aka the best fire based attack I had.
It 'barely' did half. Lurantis healed it off easily and then swept most of my team in the sun with Solar Blade.

I never ran from any battles AND I grinded a bit, because this was a BLIND nuzlocke so I wanted to be safe, and I still turned out underleveled, meaning this autist we're talking to must have been grinding for hours if he managed to 1 shot it without a crit.
>>
>>30088434
>unless you focused your whole training in 1 to 3 Pokemon
he already said he didn't had a full party

i had six mons but i was still around lurantis level because i did that basic thing called, you know, exploration. you get charmander after kiawie and you go back to melemele to explore stuff, you walk around akala which is full of sideplaces to explore. it's not unreasonable at all to be lvl25 before the last trial, you're acting like he's saying he's 40 or something.
>>
I used exp share and was level 32 when i fought luna, still died. Guy hits really hard, and i'm not a psychic.
>>
>>30088446
It's mostly my pikachu, because I need t-wave to stop them calling help constantly.
Either that or I have to keep killing the SOS pokemon which gives loads of experience. My autism only lets me use pokeballs, so sometimes it takes a while.
>>
>>30088433
Its not reasonable based on logic. Anyway enjoy blasting through the games with your overleveled Pokemon while others actually have a challenge to enjoy by not overleveling.
>>
>>30088348
>Not running Gale Wings acrobatics
>>
>>30088465
Can you ever say anything but "ur overleveld! i know!!!! lol"? Like, providing any argument back or something? Like i just did several times and you ignored to keep repeating i'm overleved and used exp share because you're psychic or something.
>>
>>30088462
>My autism only lets me use pokeballs
iktf
>>
>>30088468
Who the fuck grinded for Gale Wings that early? That is actual autism, even if you did do it, nobody else is at fault for NOT doing that shit to make Totem Lurantis that easy.
>>
>>30088451
>you get charmander after kiawie
What?
>>
>>30088478
You've said your level was 25. That was all I needed to know to know you were overleveled. Doesn't matter if I know how you got overleveled.
>>
>>30088488
This
>lol it's not hard, you just need to go out of your way to get all of these things to make it easy

So it's clearly hard. If something is forcing you to prepare for it, then it's difficult. Period.
>>
>>30088449
>not deleting your dead.
>>
>>30088488
you don't need to grind to get acrobatics. it's on the very first island and it's quite easy to spot.

>>30088491
meant charizard ride, my bad

>>30088493
yeah you don't know how to say anything but "ur overleveled". good to know.
>>
>>30088451
Dude, I explore games to death, I battled every trainer up to that point, I catch every mon I don't have, giving me a ton of Exp, and even have the boosted exp effect from Pokemon Refresh (I didn't know it did that since I never used Amie in XY. If I know I wouldn't have used it).

My strongest Pokemon was still at level 22 when I fought Lurants, and I consider myself overleveled due to the things I just mentioned. How the fuck does this "exploration" gave you so much exp?
>>
>>30088505
But I said for Gale Wings. Gale Wings is going way out of your way to set up for something down the line.
>>
>>30087928
>remove grass stab since it's a common type to deal with Totom Washi
>>
>>30088511
So you're telling me you explored every location avaliable by that point in Melemele and Akala before Mallow and captured every pokemon and you were still lvl22

Sorry sir but you're straight up lying. I did the same and i know very well i wasn't. I trust my own game more than random people on cantonese tapestry boards, sorry
>>
>>30088505
You being overleveled was the only problem. There is nothing else to say. Your arguments about one shotting and two shotting Lurantis don't apply to anyone else because you were overleveled. So your arguments about the fight being easy make no sense.
>>
>>30088505
The only way you're getting Gale Wings during a normal playthrough is to read about how to do it in advance, then go out of your way to get Fletchlings to keep summoning each other.
>>
>>30087238
I find the game harder with exp share on, as usually i can just raise one pokemon and plow through the game with no defeats.
>>
>>30088511
Nigga, I'm >>30088449 and I definitely had to grind to get those levels and that was also when I explored fucking everywhere.
I'm pretty sure some people are trying to feign whether they grinded or not for some reason.
I had a perfectly good reason to grind and be overly paranoid, because I'm in a blind nuzlocke and that shit is pretty much essential to getting far.
>>
>>30088532
Terrible excuse.
If that was supposed to be the case, they should at least give it Feint Attack, so it doesn't gimp its onl attacking move.
Also there is no reason for it to have Rain Dance because it's already raining.

>Water Gun/Brine
>Soak
>Feint Attack
>Growl/Aqua Ring

That would be acceptable.
>>
>>30088536
Yes, I explored it. The thing is that you obviously focused your training only to a few Pokemon, which in fact makes you overleveled and makes the game easier. I focused my training in a party of six, and also rotated then quite a bit up to that point. Don't act like everyone should be at your level at the point. Most weren't, that's why you had such an easier time. Not because you are "better at Pokemon", dumbass.
>>
>>30088544
Look, as long as you keep repeating "ur overleveled" i won't give a shit about your posts. Find some arguments and then we'll talk

>>30088548
You don't need gale wings. I know i didn't had it on my fletchling.
You just need a strong flying move. Like acrobatics. Or bugs with strong stab moves like Cutiefly. Stop pretending Lurantis is that fucking hard, it isn't. I'm not saying it's easy either, i'm just not treating it like the huge roadblock you retards are trying to paint it because you had trouble with it and everyone else is deffo lying
>>
>I set up with Gale Wings Acrobatics Fletchling right before Totem Lurantis that I knew about perfectly beforehand.
>This game is SO EASY LOL
>>
>>30087180
>I haven't done any grinding,
then you just lied.
>>
>>30087634
> people liking the game is honeymoon period
> people can only have the exact same experience as me

How's the autism friend?
>>
>>30088578
>i catched a fire bird to use before the grass totem
>I'M A FUCKING MASTERMIND POKEMON TIK-TAKS I'M THE ALOLAN GUARDIOLA
>>
>>30088557
Not him, but I couldn't ever blind nuz a game. and if I did, i'm sure that fight would have killed me for sure. I specifically avoided info about the game, and that fight was a huge wakeup call to take the totem fights seriously. I got baited hard by the retardedly easy water fight.
>>
>>30088576
>Stop pretending Lurantis is that fucking hard, it isn't

Thats because you were overleveled on level 25. Why would it be hard if you're overleveled?
>>
>>30087257
people that complain "play" the game with a walkthrough, or pirated it and are on their second run.
>>
>>30088592
>I can't read posts
>>
>>30088600
I don't think anyone would want to read that horrific strawman you erected there.
>>
>>30088556
That makes no sense.
>>
>>30088600
you definitely can't
you get acrobatics in the first island. you capture a fire bird on the volcano on the trial before mallow. you go through the grass trial and think "wait, this TM i've got is stronger than peck, maybe i should teach it"

voilá
i don't even need a PhD do to that!
>>
>>30088576
>because you had trouble with it and everyone else is deffo lying
The only one who is even defending the idea that the fight is easy is you. So I have no idea who these "everyone else" are.
>>
>>30088593
Even Totem Wishiwashi can fuck up a player if they can't outdamage the healspam.
>>
>>30088593
I know that feel.
The other totem battles were things I was actually worried about, totem wishiwashi and salazzle etc, but they turned out easy, i destroyed all of the other totem pokemon with ease.
Imagine my surprise when a (lol)grass totem, something which I had 3 pokemon who have the type advantage over it, ended up steamrolling the majority of my team? AFTER I grinded up for a while as well.

Shit is crazy.
>>
>>30088609
>>30088618
Yeah, because getting Gale Wings absolutely has nothing to do with the post whatsoever, you fucking idiot.
>>
I finished my first run in Sun last night. The game has plenty of hard spots in it. That fucking Smeargle, totem Lurantis, Hau's Raichu, Dexio's Espeon, etc... I'm thinking about opening Moon and doing a nuzlocke run this time. I used a mono fairy team for sun but it was not a nuzlocke or anything, just a mono team for fun. What starter should I pick this time?
>>
>>30088378
>Implying leach life is good
>>
>>30088031
>40

Anon, I'm sorry if it's Male
>>
>>30087927
Leech life is physical and it has shit physical attack. Cutiefly ain't one shotting an abra with that
>>
>>30088593
Yes, the first 3 trials were a cakewalk. But Lurantis really gave me that wake up call. And Mimikyu was legitimately a challenge.

Of course that is if you turn exp share off, play on Set instead of Switch, do not use healing and X-Stat items during battles, don't focus your training on one or very few Pokemon, and don't grind. Like everyone here should be doing in the first place.
>>
>>30088629
I crit wishiwash luckily enough, so I didn't have to deal with the healspam nightmares I've heard
>>
>>30088632
One other guy suggested getting gale wings. It's not necessary you dumbass.

>>30088635
>i never played Sun and Moon the post

>>30088643
Cutiefly doesn't need leech life
Leech life is for any of the other bugs you can capture before
>>
>>30088557
Everyone whose played the game knows you would have to grind to get on those levels. Arguing with someone who was on way too high of a level, complain about how easy a game is, makes no sense.
>>
>mfw I get to poni island and the fucking wild raticate are higher level than my team
fucking cool
>>
>>30088635
>80 attack and healing
>shit
>>
I find it sad that pokemon games are so mindless that the fans had to invent a difficult setting mode for themselves

Instead of just playing a good game series
>>
>>30088629
The pink fish was the only thing I had to think about, but even then, magnemite just did magnemite things to it. So I didn't get to experience the pain of the water fight.
>>
>>30088654
>I never played sun and Moon the post
sweet irony
>>
>>30088658
>Everyone whose played the game knows you would have to grind to get on those levels
>you have to grind to get one level higher than the boss you're fighting in one of the easiest games to gain xp in the series

Just stop already.
>>
>>30088651
I do that, except the X items and healing items things. I lost to Lurantis twice then I had to go buy some X items in order to beat it.
>>
>>30087927
>level 25.
>2 levels above Lurantis
>same level you face lurantis
My ass, you overleveled piece of faggot.
>>
>>30088671
Magnemite should never be an early route Pokemon. That thing was just as gamebreaking in BW2 as it is here.
>>
The final fight with Lusamine is a nightmare if you are not prepared.
>>
>>30088676

dude, not even him. leech life and bugs got buffed as fuck in S/M. dont embarass yourself.
>>
A real pokemaster doesn't even pay attention to the levels and wins with pure skill
>>
>>30088639
...... oh god let me check...
>>
>>30088678
Or EXP Share obviously. Yes thats what you have to do. You should be like 4 levels lower than the boss.
>>
>>30088684
>25 is 2 units higher than 24
Good to confirm you're a moron

>>30088690
>last lusamine is a nightmare

Yeah she scared me to death spamming Pain Split every single turn
>>
>>30088615
how? Literally every pokemon game except this one I've done this.

>Get starter
>focus on starter and never train others just catch new ones for team in some areas when needed
>never use exp share

The result is pokemon is a lot easier without exp share. Your one pokemon ends up 20 levels above anything you'll meet ingame within no time and you just breeze through and beat the elite four with your starter and nothing else.

Seriously man, exp share makes the game more difficult as you stay at a lower level the whole game, that's why i'm using it in sun and moon, for extra challenge.
>>
>>30088690
>tfw you had more trouble with the initial fight
the totem effects boosted their strengths sure, but you could still hit their weaknesses just as hard. I was kind of hoping for things like mimikyu's +1 to everything.
>>
>>30088654
Yeah, I said the Gale Wings thing because he said to use priority, and quick attack ain't knocking 30/40% Hp on a fletchinder.
>>
>>30088690
>Uses pain split
>When your Pokemon is at lower health
Yeah thats fucking challenge
>>
>>30088725
EXP share doesn't reduce the amount of EXP your main Pokemon gets, you know.
>>
>>30088747
yes it does.
>>
>>30088682
I guess that if you really can't beat it with your current team, it's better than grinding your team. But you should probably get a better team/moves distribution if you had to resort to that. Even though the fight can be pretty hard, it's definitively beatable with the right strategy, even if you are underleveled and have a slightly unbalanced team.
>>
>>30088725
You realize that Gen 6 and 7 EXP Share doesn't actually split your EXP right? Your first Pokemon gains full EXP and then all the other Pokemon in your team gain 50% of that amount.

TLDR
You gain more EXP with the EXP Share on then with it off. So it's easier with it on.
>>
>>30088761
No it doesn't.
>>
>>30088761
No it doesn't. Not since gen 6. It's become the most OP item in history of Pokemon.
>>
>>30088761
With EXP share, Pokemon who participated in battle get full EXP, while every other Pokemon get half of what they would have got if they had participated.
>>
>>30088766
I feel like items are fair play to use . I never restrict myself from them. Even if I say no Pokemon Amie, or O Powers or playing a Nuzlocke or don't have on EXP Share. I use items.
>>
>>30088719
I thought Lurantis was at level 23. Big fucking deal, since my point still stands, faggot. Your team is overleveled as fuck. Stop trying to pretend to be good at the game just because you grind.
>>
I cant even remember the last time I actually lost a battle during story outside of Nuzlockes.
Like I dont think I've lost in story since I was a little kid playing Red cause every Pokemon game is that easy.
>>
>>30088817
Good call on not using Amie and O-Powers. Should have included that too.
>>
>>30087180
>where the fuck is the difficulty

You got memed on.
>>
>>30088706
aww fuck, its a level 45 male salandit. I was wondering why it wouldnt evolve.7
>>
>>30088855
It can be that easy obviously you can play with EXP Share, use O-Powers, use Amie/Refresh, play with less than 6 Pokemon, use traded Pokemon for extra EXP. But I try to make my playthroughs difficult.
>>
File: mdk.jpg (28KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
mdk.jpg
28KB, 192x192px
why are people getting so defensive about the difficulty of baby's first rpg
>>
>>30088190
You can find acrobatics and teach it that.

You can also chain for one with gale wings.
>>
>>30087180
It mostly depends on your team

In my case, Kahuna Hapu kicked my ass, as did Totem Mimikyu, but Lusamine was pretty easy, and Olivia's AI gets confused by a Limber Mareanie
>>
>>30088817
This is the first Pokémon game where Ive actually ended up using items multiple times throughout the story. Having to use them is a pretty satisfying feeling since it means I'm not just stream rolling through. The last time I had to do that was pre-Ecruteak City back in GSC
>>
>>30088841
My question would be how you're so under leveled. Did you have a team of 6 early on and thus didn't get to train your most useful pokes more than you should have?

Are you running away from wild battles? Exploring the area? If youre rushing through itd be no wounder you had trouble because you aren't letting the game grind you up naturally. Are you fucking catching pokemon?
>>
>>30088921
Seeing a lot of previous opinions I thought Nanu was gonna be a tough fight, but I ended up just walling him put completely using Mudsdale (lvl 38) with Stamina + Rest. Double Kick gives it amazing coverage on top of High Horsepower and Rock Tomb. Even has a meaty attack stat to abuse with its tankiness
>>
>>30088958
You should have a team of 6 to keep your levels as low as possible. You're retarded and don't know how to play the game if you're cutting off EXP Share, assumedly to make the game more difficult by keeping your levels low, then using less than 6 Pokemon, making your levels higher.
>>
File: ss+(2016-11-21+at+05.56.18).jpg (103KB, 722x674px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-11-21+at+05.56.18).jpg
103KB, 722x674px
Did I do good.
>>
>>30088958
>Did you have a team of 6 early on
Yes

>Are you running away from wild battles?
Yes.

>Are you fucking catching pokemon
Yes, every single one I don't already have registered on the Pokedex. Obviously I run away from the others, tough. Don't wanna be overleveled like you.

>Exploring the area
Yes, but exploring only gives me exp because of battling trainers and catching Pokemon.

That's how I play the game, and that's how many people here play it. Don't pretend getting overlelved like you do by battling wild Pokemon and focusing your training to a few Pokemon (and only the most useful one at that) is not what's is making the game easier for you. We enjoy not doing so and having some challenge.
>>
>>30088999
>why aren't you playing the game according to my arbitrary restrictions
my dude
>>
>>30089003
>Level 45
>Male
I am so sorry for you, anon.
>>
>>30089003
I kept it around thinking it would maybe evolve into a monster at lvl 50 or so, kind of like dragonite from gen1
>>
>>30089053
If you don't play as i do then you're obviously cheating reeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I bet you don't box your starter too fucking overleveling casual!
>>
>>30088999
Hahaha nigga you don't need a full team of six that early. NPCs rarely have over two pokemon you literally made the game harder for yourself like a retard and dare to say you're playing it right and others are doing it wrong when you're losing to easy battles.

>>30089041
>>Are you running away from wild battles?
>Yes.
Wooow so youre purposely avoiding exp and then complain when you ran into a level spike from your lack of grinding(and its natural grinding I'm talking about. Not running in the same spot for hours. You should be able to gain plenty but not too much exp just battling naturally.) I had literally one pokemon on par level wise but I also don't use pokemon with gimped natures. Are you making sure the pokemon you use are GOOD pokemon to begin with?
>>
>>30089053
I don't care how you play, but you said you cut off the EXP Share, not that I believe that, but it makes no sense to cut off the EXP Share to lower your levels, and then purposefully make your levels higher. That would be like grinding to make up for not having the EXP Share, why did you cut it off in the first place.
>>
>>30089075
You don't? Not him but, I personally don't like feeling chained down to starter pokemon, so I just throw them away instantly.
>>
>>30089063
What should I do with him... We've been through so much together already... and he hasn't defeated a single pokemon.
>>
>>30089089
Ofcourse you don't "need" it retard. It's the opposite, it's making the game harder, which is on purpose. Easiest way to play would be just training one pokemon.
>>
>>30089053
>>30089075
>Wow, this game is sooo easy! I can't believe other people had trouble here and there while I breezed through it all. I am SO much better at Pokemon than them!
The problem is not you playing like you do, is people saying shit like that when they play it the easier way.
>>
I can't imagine having difficulties with Pokemon games.. what is wrong with some of you
>>
>>30089003
>characteristic: somewhat vain
Priceless
>>
>>30089090
Have you considered that maybe it's not on purpose, and maybe you just don't care for using whatever other monsters are available? A lot of the fun shit's backloaded into later routes. I can assure you that this isn't an uncommon opinion.

Not using the EXP share does have the side effect of lowering overall levels, but I feel the main point's to encourage you to rotate around your party more, instead of just curbstomping everything with just one dude.
>>
>>30089116
You filled your team up with shitmons and you're surprised this piss easy game is suddenly hard. You made POKEMON a challenge for you. Like come on man. You know people don't play through the main game for challenge because its never challenging unless you do stupid mistakes like you did and forced yourself to be pathetically under leveled. You should have at least two or three pokemon 22-25 at that point as long as you fight every battle you encounter and are dex filling. OH and you don't fill you team up with shitter so early so that your best pokes get the exp and its not wasted on something you'll box up later..
>>
>use feature of game specifically provided to lower difficulty
>follow personal set of rules that naturally net extra exp
>complain about difficulty
I mean it's fine if you use everything available to win, just don't be surprised when people have self-imposed restrictions and don't do what you did
>>
File: 300px-Marius_Spheal.png (101KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Marius_Spheal.png
101KB, 300x225px
Guys how the fuck do I find a Spheal? The QR island scan thing is telling me on route 7 but do I fish it out or what?
>>
>>30089089
Holy fuck, so this is the way the people saying the game is too easy play? No wonder.

Thank you, but I have much more fun playing like I do and having to actually strategize to beat some parts of the game.
>>
>>30089118
So your fragile ego's bruised, is that what this is all about.
>>
>>30089180
No, different people play the game in different manners and there is no right or wrong way to play it

I know i just blew your mind right now, but that's totally true.

So don't give me this "you have to capture six pokemon and run away from battles you're making the game too easy you can't complain!!!!!!". I'm not doing shit. I'm just playing, exploring and capturing stuff and then when i reached Lurantis i was on level and had no trouble. For some reason this is incredibly offending to you because you did, so you spent the entire thread saying i was overleveling and cheating and whatnots. Take care of this fragile ego of yours, that's not healthy.
>>
>>30089172
Spheal a shit
>>
>>30089170
>and you're surprised this piss easy game is suddenly hard

I didn't say I was surprised. I purposely did it to make it hard. Are you literally an idiot?

>You made POKEMON a challenge for you
Yes, a popular method for doing that is called Nuzlocking, it's not a new concept. Again are you retarded.

I know the games can be retardedly easy, but you say you cut off the EXP Share, assumedly to make it harder, and now you're trying to say how it's stupid to purposely make the game harder. Again are you retarded.
>>
>>30089180
I take it you don't play a lot of RPGs.

Take Mother/mother 2 for instance

If you avoid fighting random encounters, you become underleveled because you're purposely avoiding exp and get fucking stomped the moment you hit a boss.

These games are designed so you level up naturally with the game AS LONG AS you're actually fighting and not running away because you have a short attention span and go "uggghh another yungoos? SKIP."
>>
>>30089204
Tryna fill out my Pokedex, bros
>>
>>30089139
I don't use Exp. Share AND rotate my party around. Not only my party of six, but I rotate them with box mons quite often too, and make sure I don't overlevel.

I also don't use healing items in battle and use Set mode instead of Switch. Makes some battles legitimately fun to play, instead of something I can just breeze through.
>>
>>30089210
So you made it purposely difficult for yourself and went out of the way to do so and then are confused why people had an easy time when they didn't purposely gimp themselves and played it naturally? Jesus anon
>>
>>30089139
>but I feel the main point's to encourage you to rotate around your party more,

How does not having on the EXP Share do that for you?
>>
>>30089217
Do you avoid the use of repels too, because that prevents random encounters?
>>
>>30089170
I'm just using stuff I like (Araquanid, Mudsdale, Lurantis, A-Marowak and Sun Lycanroc so far), and honestly some totems kicked my ass (Wishiwashi would've killed me hadn't it been for the spider's incredible bulk, Lurantis got me to wipe once and I had to use X-Items, and Mimikyu hits like a truck on steroids on top of having a free sub, and fast sleep users in a gen full of slow mons), and the last Lusamine fight can be pretty fucking hard if your team isn't either made out of really good mons from what I've seen (not here yet but I know what it's about and saw people do it with teams relatively similar to mine), or slightly overleveled. Even with xp share, with the BW curve, it's rather hard to end up overleveled against bosses, at least with xp share only off for the first couple routes of the third island I never found myself overleveled later on. Honestly, if you don't have a flat out type advantage, or a really sanic or tanky 'mon that can just cheese stuff, the totems can be pretty fucking tough.
>>
>>30089235
You said you didn't play it naturally, you said you cut off the EXP Share. Are you retarded? And if you're someone else, I'm talking to someone who said they cut off the EXP Share.
>>
>>30089252
>Honestly, if you don't have a flat out type advantage

This is what i don't get. You're trying to implying that having a type advantage over grass (which have tons of weaknesses) by that point in the game is though. Hell, unless you pick primarina you will have type advantage since the start. No one reaching Lurantis and having an easier time exploiting type weaknesses is CHEESING THE GAME because of it. Stop throwing a fit because people don't find the same things you did hard.
>>
>>30089188
Holy fuck, would you look at that projection? Can I use you to my next Powerpoint presentation?

Nigga, you are the one bragging online about being so good at the game.
>>
>>30089110
Sometimes you just have to let go, anon. I went through the same with my brother Crabrawler. Switched it out for a Mimikyu (a choice I don't regret in the slightest), but it was a painful separation
>>
>>30089210
And I never mention exp share, that was another anon. The exp share isn't needed because i rotate who is first in my party often.

>>30089248
If I'm playing through the main game? Typically yes if its a new area and I'm not revisiting an old one because i missed a tm there or something. I never use repels because they fuck up the natural grind the game provides to you. Are you using repels and avoiding a shitload of random encounters? THATS why you're so under leveled. Oh but you're doing it on purpose and people can only suck so bad at pokemon if they follow your shining example of being a lazy fool and don't want to fight wild encounters.

You stock up on repels early in the game or something like a faggot? Those are best for post game. Or when you're picking up shit you missed in an area you already been through.
>>
>>30089110
>>30089300
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3pDTfCKjiA
R.I.P. Salandit, if only you were born a girl.
>>
>>30087180
>he uses "well rounded type coverage and movesets" for the story instead of just using what he likes
>he does this and complains about difficulty

Get out
>>
>>30089339
what if the pokemon i like have well rounded type coverage and movesets? i cant use it?
>>
>>30089261
>you said you cut off the EXP Share.
I never mentioned the expshare.
>>
I started the game with exp share. Game had decent challenge to begin with, but the second island I got really overleved. Started over and it's still easy, but my mons aren't 5 levels higher than everyone else so there's atleast some semblance of challenge. Been running 4 mons with good type coverage though. EXP share really should be a post game thing to help with leveling mons, getting it at the start it's just a crutch for kids and bad players.

Anyway, can someone explain what "set" and "shift" are?
>>
>>30089332
Ofcourse anyone who cuts off the EXP Share will have to rotate whose in front of their party often so everyone stays around the same level. You're a legit retard.
>>
Legit to make this game at least SOMEWHAT difficult I been using a full electric type team and no items, and it still feels like a walk in the park only sometimes do I find it kinda hard.
>>
File: 1420083545733.jpg (34KB, 430x472px) Image search: [Google]
1420083545733.jpg
34KB, 430x472px
>A wild Rockruff appears!
>Go Slowpoke!
>rockruff used sand-attack
Slowpoke's accuracy fell!
>Slowpoke used watergun, Rockruff evaded the attack!
>rockruff called for help!
>rockruff answers the call
>slowpoke uses watergun, Rockruff evaded the attack!
>rockruff used sand-attack
>Slowpoke's accuracy fell!
>rockruff used leer
>Alright Slowpoke come back!
>Go Munchlax!
>Rockruff used sand-attack
>Munchlax's accuracy fell!
>Muchlax's accuracy fell!
>Alright Munchlax come back!
>Go Machop!
>Machops accuracy fell!
>Rockruff used howl
>Machops accuracy fell!
>Machops accuracy fell!
>>
>>30089355
Is english not your first language. Firstly you seem really stupid. And also, I clearly wrote
>And if you're someone else, I'm talking to someone who said they cut off the EXP Share.
>>
File: 1467512540957.png (285KB, 1062x706px) Image search: [Google]
1467512540957.png
285KB, 1062x706px
>>30089389
So we both agreed the exp share isn't needed and I'm retarded for saying that? Ok
>>
>>30089360
So lets say you kill an enemy trainers pokemon.
If set: They bring out their pokemon immediately.
If switch: you can choose to swap as they bring out their new pokemon.

Set is naturally harder, since you must use a turn to react to a bad type matchup.
>>
I'm doing my catch em all run off the bat, so I wasn't obsessed with difficulty and am currently about 10 levels over leveled (exp share and shift on). However, this is far harder than X/Y/OR/AS:
>Pokemon are generally slower, require a bit of bulk
>Doesn't give you OP Pokemon for doing nothing (Mega Lucario, Kanto Starter, Mega Lati@s)
>Megas are only in post game. Instead, Z-moves, which are nowhere near as OP as Megas
>Totem Pokemon generally harder than gym leaders due to good movesets, boosted stats and summons
>SOS makes wild encounters more interesting

With X/Y/OR/AS, you had to ignore a lot more than EXP Share off to make the games as hard as the classic ones. Here, you probably could just turn EXP Share off and it'd be about the same. Maybe ignore Pokemon Refresh too because the boosts for maxing that out are insanely overpowered (though it was like that in X/Y/OR/AS too).
>>
>>30089286
I hope you'll realize that I'm not the person you initiated this dumb argument with.
>>
>>30089332
Well I personally didn't use repels because running away was cheaper.
I will admit that being underleveled in my case was definitely due to speeding through the game; I got to the credits at an in game time of about 26 hours in by fighting every trainer immediately accessible and running from nearly every wild encounter, with minimal backtracking. But that's just me.
>>
>>30089360
In the game, go to the options. There should be "Battle Style" of something like that, which is set to "Switch" by default. In this mode, every time you defeat a trainer's Pokemon, the game will tell will which Pokemon that trainer will use next, and give you the option to switch your current Pokemon.

If you change the battle style to from "Switch" to "Set", the game you no longer do that, and the opponent will simply send out the next Pokemon without giving you any options to switch. To switch, you will have to do it the normal way, and consequently give your opponent a free turn.
>>
>>30089422
oh right, forgot about that
>>
>>30089449
meant "Shift", not "Switch".
>>
>>30089413
My mistake anon but holy shit you are triggered throwing around insults like that. Did you wake up with a stick in your ass or something? Jesus.
>>
>>30089420
Can you read? Where did I say anything about the exp share being "needed" or not. I said anyone who plays with it off will have to change whose in front often to keep their guys around the same level. I don't think you know english very well. Learn it before posting here and annoying people.
>>
>>30089449
>"Switch" to "Set", the game you no longer do that, and the opponent will simply send out the next Pokemon without giving you any options to switch

I did not know this thanx.
>>
>>30089460
I'm triggered by your stupidity.
>>
For battles worth a lot of xp I've been switching in all of my pokemon and then killing the pokemon. It doesn't take too long and they all get full xp from the kill. I'm leaving the first island now and all of my pokemon are level 21+.
>>
>>30089446
>I will admit that being underleveled in my case was definitely due to speeding through the game

Holy shit and there it is! Don't be in such a fucking rush over pokemon of all things and maybe you wouldn't have gotten your ass handed to you thus embarrassing yourself in front of us when you actaully try to argue the challenge of the game. The game isn't challenging, especially is you have to go out of your way to make it so.

Its like.. Tag is hard if i amputate my arms but that doesn't mean tag in its natural state is hard. Jesus all you did was add a rule that wasn't there before because you wanted challenge and then there are people who not only did this but had the balls to say the game was hard and how we must have been over leveled(as opposed to you simply being UNDER leveled) to beat this piss easy boss
>>
>>30089461
>I said anyone who plays with it off will have to change whose in front often to keep their guys around the same level.

And I said the fucking same thing? What the fuck are you even going on about.
>>
>>30089506
I used to be a fag like you.

But then I tried using these self imposed rules, and man, the games became much more fun. Specially true for this one.

I think you are the one embarrassing yourself by bragging about how you are smart for playing the game the easiest way possible.
>>
>>30089550
>you're embarassing yourself for playing the game instead of using my super sikk restrictions like all the cool kids do

Sure thing bud
>>
I want:

>Trainers who use higher level pokemon or use more than 2 in the routes

>Route 1 to not have a pathway to the next town

>A Rival that doesn't heal your Pokemon before or after a fight

>A rival that doesn't congradulate you for winning and beating up their pokemon

>A route that is long af, with a lot of different trainers(didn't D/P do this?)

>Give guys more hairstyles, like a lot, literally google "guy hairstyles"
>>
>>30089550
>being a good trainer means having weak shit Pokemon

More like you're just fucking lazy.
>>
>>30089506
Look, I just dropped in to make a comment about repels. Your beef is with someone else in the thread. Besides, I'm not complaining about it, I personally was pleasantly surprised. I played the same way in X and AS and found them much easier.
>>
>all these shitters who don't play solo specs weedle runs thinking they're good at the game
Weak.
>>
>>30087850
It makes your entire party over leveled. Nobody here is suggesting grinding as an alternative. If you need all of your guys to be 5 lvs above the trainer levels then of course the game is going to be easy.
>>
>>30089519
No you didn't say that retard, you said the EXP Share isn't needed for you because you switch often. And I didn't say anything about the EXP Share being "needed" or not, like you said i did. You're retarded, stop posting.
>>
>>30089565
No, you are embarrassing yourself by bragging about it on 4chan, for fuck's sake.

If you like playing the game on pissy-easy mode, because that's how "the game is meant to be played", fine. But the game is meant to be played by mentally challenged 5 year old kids. If you think beating it like that makes you a good player, fine. I just recommend keeping it to yourself, if you don't want to sound retarded and be called for it.
>>
>>30089585
>overleveled
I faced most totems at even level and reached Poni Island with wild pokemon being stronger than my team.

Does it really makes me overleveled? I feel like this game is balanced around having it on and all the trial enemies and wild pokemon levels in the game corroborate it. I've reached the E4 around 50-55 which is exactly the level they are too. Blaming exp share was on point for XY but it's definitely not the case in SM. Turn it off if you want, but stop being retarded and blaming those who don't for "cheesing" the game just by playing it as it is.
>>
>>30089550
The reason why the anon was embarrassing himself is because he claimed something was hard, a lot of people said it wasn't, and then he bitched and said everyone who had an easy time was over leveled only to later find out the faggot was running away from wild encounters and avoiding exp and doing everything he could to make the game tougher. NO SHIT THE GAME IS HARDER WHEN YOU DO THAT.

I don't care if you make the game more challenging, I do this too by running through games with 0iv bred mons when i feel like replaying a game. I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem when you do this and then bitch about its challenge. YOU made it challenging. YOU made that bed. Lie down in it and shut up. We aren't over leveled just because we played the game normally while you did everything you could to make it more difficult. YOURE the one playing the game purposely different and then surprised people playing it normally breezed through because like every pokemon game its fucking easy.
>>
>>30089565
More like you're embarrassing yourself trying to brag about how great you are at this retardedly easy game and how everyone else is stupid and not as good as you. You're like a kid who just found out wrestling is fake and thinks only you know and everyone else is stupid. It just makes you yourself look stupid to think that.
>>
>>30089619
Do you need a mirror or something? You're the one bragging about how you're nuzlocking like a tuff boy and had trouble while all the other shitters just playing normally are doing it WRONG because it's your way or the highway
>>
>>30089571
So you want a scared child for a rival who can't fight 100% vs 100%?
>>
>>30089644
Who the fuck are you talking about? I never even did a nuzlock of this game, and didn't post shit like that in this thread.
>>
On the bright side, at least the OP image is accurate.
>>
>>30087180
i'll take a litten if you've got one, op
>>
>>30089640
No ones bragging about playing the game normally. We are calling him out on his lies that the fight was difficult. Its only a challenge if you go out of your way to make it difficult. Thats every pokemon game.
>>
>>30089636
Hey, don't project my personal experience on everyone else who disagrees with you or I'll start namefagging. My writing style should make it obvious I'm not who you've been arguing with.
>>
>>30089681
We kinda assumed that after 20 years, everyone here would already be playing the game in a way that doesn't make it retardedly easy. But apparently, we were wrong.
>>
>>30089571
Hau's not a rival though. He's more like your fun loving idiot friend who helps you out.
>>
>>30089571

>Trainers who use higher level pokemon or use more than 2 in the routes

You want to run back to the Pokemon center every time an overleveled team of 3+ Pokemon?

Leave me out of it.
>>
>>30089681
Many people have said the fight is difficult. Why are you saying "we" and "him" like it's multiple people speaking against a lone guy. And yes clear bragging earlier in the thread some guy saying people don't know about STAB and are stupid.
>>
File: Yo.png (440KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Yo.png
440KB, 1280x720px
>tfw 8 hours in and just got off the first island
>all these people buttmad arguing about beating a game where beating it is a forgone conclusion.
>Not just enjoying the game at their own pace.

Top kek.

Also do I get anything for walking with my DS? I haven't owned a portable console since the gameboy color. I go on 4-5 mile walks every day and want to know if I should bring my DS for sweet dank rewards.
>>
>>30089724
>you need to run back to pokemon center every time you fight someone with more than two pokemon

Jesus christ this new generation is truly lost.
>>
eurofag here, short question before I leave again:
Is there a battle frontier tower in this game? Or do we get shallow battle maison again?
>>
>>30089738
>Many people have said the fight is difficult.
Unless you gimp yourself, it isn't. That's the point. I'm not bragging about beating an easy fight. You're the one offended because you restricted yourself and had a bad time when i (and many others in this thread) didn't.

And if you played pokemon for seven gens and dont know about STAB you're retarded. There's even a NPC in this very game that teaches you about STAB, you don't even need previous experience, you just need to know how to read.
>>
>>30089702
Your writing style uses punctuation, capitalization, and correct grammar. Exactly how is that different that a shitload of users who post here? Gtfo with this "you should be able to tell me apart"

I also don't care if you are or arent the other anon. My point stands that whoever was in the thread early bitching about us being over leveled is a complete retard who only managed for that to happen by going out of his way to make it more challenging.

>>30089738
Maybe because the other people who butted in also admitted they were doing things to purposing go out of their way to make the game more challenging.
>>
>>30089714
this
>>
>>30089714
Wow its almost like some anons like to play pokemon normally, others nuzloke, or if you're like me, you are fine with playing it either way!

When a new generation of pokemon comes out, I play through it normally to properly gauge how challenging it was to the others.
>>
>>30089714
>i just assumed everyone nuzlockes because i do, specially nuzlocking blind a new game from a new gen

Well you're just retarded then.
My bad.
>>
>>30089871
If you think the right amount of challenge for you is the one given by default, target at 8 year olds, then all the power to you, I guess.
>>
>>30089794
Where did I say I was offended. I don't care how anyone plays. But I know right at the beginning, when someone said the fight was easy, the first thing people said was that they were playing with the EXP Share on or grinded. If you played with the EXP Share on and just bodied the game easily because of it, then no one cares. People said it's hard with it off, but then earlier person, probably you, said you had it off.
>>
>>30089896
maybe i'm not concerned about TRVE CHALLENGE when i'm playing a game for the first time and just want to see the sights and new pokemon and enjoy the story

have you ever thought about that
ludicrous aint it
>>
>>30089799
Yea they said the EXP Share off. If you had it on, then who cares. People are talking about with it off.
>>
>>30089892
Except I don't even do Nuzlockes. I literally just turn exp share off, don't grind, change battle style to set, and don't use healing items in battle. Most people here on /vp/ play it this way. If you don't believe me just make a strawpoll or whatever. You are the exception here.
>>
>>30089896
Except I never even said nor implied that and several times I have mentioned that there are times i do indeed play through pokemon gimping my teams in order to have more challenge?

Listen pal, when a generation first comes out i play it normally. Thats just how i do it. When the next installment of this gen, or if i feel like replaying SM again, I will probably breed shitmons with hilariously shit eggmoves to take through like I've always done. Does hearing that make you happy or did your argument purely rely on me only playing vanilla?
>>
>>30089938
why the fuck would i restrict myself from using items
you're already wrong there tiger
>>
>>30089917
Then don't fucking complain about the game being easy, then denying grinding or having the exp share on when people call you out for it.
>>
>>30089950
not him but, I don't because i don't get items in multiplayer. It feels fucking retarded to win a fight because I chugged 300 super potions.
>>
>>30089961
>Then don't fucking complain about the game being easy

I'm not. You're the one complaining that i found it easy.
>>
>>30087180
It ramps up later.
>>
>>30089950
>spamming revives in the middle of battle
Nice strategy you got there
>>
>>30089930
And avoiding wild encounters as much as they could, and not dex filling, and not exploring areas to find the items in it. People were admitting to all kinds of shit as to why they were under leveled. You really think the exp share is the only reason they fucked up and lost?
>>
>>30089784
pls reply ;_;
>>
>>30089972
Except you were, faggot
>>
>>30089990
Sorry man, havnt beaten the game yet. So can't help you there. Maybe someone else can.
>>
>>30089979
>using items always means spamming revives

projecting so hard that batman appeared
>>
>>30089946
No one cares. All they said is that you must be playing with EXP Share on, and now you're saying you did. So thats it.
>>
>>30089990
Eurofag.. I... I don't want to say anything that might make you lose sleep at night
>>
>>30087180
>where the fuck is the difficulty
Online battles. Nintendo gave up on making their games hard when they learned they could just let autists fight each-other online.
>>
>>30090004
What? I didn't have expshare on you retard. I never said that.

Anon are you ok?
>>
>>30090004
Except he isn't the person who started the argument. I am, and i said i had it off but you would just cover your ears and say i was lying, and lo and behold that's exactly what happened
>>
>>30090001
Any way you see it, items make up for failed strategy. If you use items, you are bad at the game or fucked up. Although I can see people restricting themselves to maybe 1 item per fight, if its a boss fight (since the AI will sometimes do it) but outside of that, items essentially make up for being shit at the game.
>>
>>30090027
Holy shit is that the same anon that no matter what we told him he would just accuse us of using the expshare and over grinding?

Jesus christ the autism
>>
>>30090001
>literally said I don't use items
>NICE PROJECTION REVIVE SPAMMER
Are you retarded? Just try to watch prople playing this shit on youtube and see if they don't spam revives. It's one of the reasons I stopped watching Pokemon Let's Plays.

Also, the game is already easy as it is. There is no need to use Super Potions or whatever at the middle of battle as well. There is a reason this is not allowed in multiplayer.
>>
>>30089981
You're under leveled to what you're supposed to be the second you cut off the EXP Share. No one cares that you found it easy playing with the EXP Share, they just disregarded you as having it on and therefore not mattering.
>>
>>30090032
>>30090051
you both know that stuff like adrenaline orbs and x-items are still items right?
>>
I had exp share on and have lost 3 times. I haven't lost in a long while, but sometimes the game is good at throwing curve balls.

Fuck you lurantis and your sunny castform.
>>
>>30090065
That's why I said "healing items" in my original post, retard. Even if I didn't, it should be implied. Otherwise how we would catch Pokemon without using Pokeballs?
>>
>>30087821
Lurantis always summoned Trumbeak first for me, and it took me like 6 tries to do that battle, Trumbeak every time. One time I KOd it and it got replaced by a Castform which used sunny day, which was about a million times worse than anything Trumbeak could do, so my strategy after that was to just tolerate Trumbeak and focus on Lurantis.

Still a stupidly annoying battle. I had a Charjabug and my own Trumbeak as main offense, but Lurantis was just stupidly powerful. Solar Blade could one-shot anything that didn't resist it, and constantly being confused by supersonic didn't help. I figured giving Lurantis a burn would be the best strategy, but the only thing I had for that was Scald on my Wimpod, which couldn't survive a single hit from Lurantis. I ended up paralyzing it, but it made zero fucking difference. It was still faster than most of my team, and it never lost a turn to it. Fucking RNG.

It just became a battle of attrition and hoping my potions held out while Lurantis used up all of her synthesis. It was the hardest part of the game, but just through sheer annoyance. Then again, no turn-based RPG is ever genuinely difficult. It's all about levels.
>>
>>30090065
And? What does that have to do with anything? If the player has to use it, its an item and I refuse to use it. (outside of pokeballs ofc)
>>
>>30090026
Ok, you are even more retarded than I thought. You were just saying you were playing the game naturally and not restricting yourself, and now you're saying you had the exp share off. Ok since you're clearly a retard, I will say that the natural way to play is with the EXP Share on. They give it to you and it's automatically on, and you have to cut it off to purposely lower your levels. You did not play the game naturally you super moron.
>>
>>30090027
So then you weren't playing naturally. Retard. This level of stupidity is off the charts.
>>
>>30090065
>>30090089
Oh, but you shouldn't need x-stat items as well. If you need a stat boost, dedicate a move slot for it.
>>
>>30090101
>>30090113
You do realize that you're arguing with more than one person right?

Probably not, you're stupid like that.
>>
>>30090146
delet this
>>
>>30087903
>2016
>gameshark
You aren't even trying
>>
>>30090146
Yes retard, you and one other person both saying the same things. And so can be replied to with the same things. Both saying you played the game naturally and didn't restrict yourself. Both saying you had the exp share off. Both retarded.
>>
>>30090101
Holy shit that was a good laff mate you really are retarded and are desperate to make a point I'm sure.

EXPshare has been optional since its beginning and it is fine to play it both with or without it on, though obviously the games are way easier with it on so i don't bother as the game is already easy without it.

Not to mention they completely changed how expshare works from the older gens and its now for little kids who don't like switching out party members. You think it unnatural to play with it off? Its literally optional. You seem a little brain damaged there bud.
>>
>>30087698
>You can oneshot it with cutiefly
Bullshit. Unless you're way overleveled, this is the biggest lie. Cutiefly has a base sp. attack of 55, and Lurantis has a base sp. defense of 90. There is no universe where Cutiefly one-shots Lurantis, unless it is 15 levels higher.
>>
File: xzczxcvas.gif (568KB, 200x136px) Image search: [Google]
xzczxcvas.gif
568KB, 200x136px
>mfw this thread
>>
>>30090008
are you seriously saying that tree is the only battle tower-like thing we have
>>
>>30089764
This.

I just hit 10 hours in and I just finished Lana's trial. Really like the tone of this region.
>>
>>30090217
what are you going to do with two battle towers
there's the royale 4 way arena thing if you want different gameplay
>>
>>30090217
Just get some sleep. D-DLC I'm sure
>>
>>30090195
Everything is optional. Are you retarded? It's optional to nuzlocke a game, it's optional to have a mono type run, it's optional to never use items on purpose. Those are not the natural ways to play the game, but it is an option for you to do. Jesus your level of stupidity is annoying.
>>
>>30090217
there's also the cry in a dark corner alone and the try to play online with the terrible new online mechanics
>>
>>30090247
Holy shit anon the point completely flew over your head.

First of all we have
>an option in game that the developers intended for you to be able to choose between
vs
>an option completely made up by fans of the game that the developers didn't really intend to happen
>>
>>30089950
>having to use items to beat a kids game
Game sure is easy huh?
>>
>>30087814
My Torracat could only 3HKO it but I got 1 shot by the white herb solar blade
>>
>>30090334
>lol u used a pokedoll to escape one encounter once you RUINED EVERYTHING cheating faggit
>>
>>30090319
So the developers didn't intend to give you the option of what Pokemon to catch? Or didn't intend to give you the option of using items or not? Why are you so stupid.
>>
I'm glad you all decided on the mutual language of excessive hyperbole.
>>
>>30090373
I was referring mostly to nuzlocking.

But obviously they want you to use items because they have megas and z moves. You don't have to but thats the biggest gimmick of the new games are the items that transform you or give you a beastly move. So yes, I would say to get the full natural experience they would want you to use items.

Why don't you ask the developers if they think not using the exp share is unnatural.
>>
>>30090396
The only language required on the internet, anon
>>
>>30089770

You honestly have no idea what you're talking about if you think adding Pokemon to trainers is going to make the game more fun.
>>
>>30090462
>You honestly have no idea what you're talking about if you think adding Pokemon to trainers is going to make the game more fun.

It would. I like battling. I like xp. More battles and more xp makes the game better for me.

If you want less battles maybe you should just play animal crossing instead.
>>
>>30090434
Why would I ask when it's obvious, they give you the EXP Share, and have it automatically cut on, you have to go cut it off. They don't say anything about it being a difficulty increaser or decreaser in game like you are saying it's supposed to be. Its clear the normal way to play the game as intended is with the EXP Share.
>>
>>30089724
Except now they can have pokemon centers on the routes so there is no excuse not to.
>>
>>30090477
Except you completely assumed it was for that reason and not because little kids dont read and wouldn't even know they had it if they didn't have it on automatically.

Its almost like pokemon is for children and the developers to everything to streamline the process for them but that doesn't mean playing with it off is unnatural.
>>
>>30090478
dont forget about the random trial guides that heal you everywhere

or lillie/hau just popping up to heal you too
>>
>People play Pokemon with 7 generations' worth of knowledge, learned Pokemon typings, as well as potentially having learned typings of shit from months of prerelease information and leaks
>Complain that the games are easier than when they were dipshit children with 4 fire moves on their Charizard and playing the games completely blind

Totem Pokemon alone are miles away more difficult than any Gym Leader ever has been, plus you're giving a lot less prep time and you can't go run and heal from a Trial.

I will admit the game does lack surprise moments like your Rival appearing at the end of a cave, though. That's about all I'd say is missing from this installment.
>>
>>30090512
Yep.

They give you more access to heals that you didn't even need because everyone has less than 3 mons.
>>
>>30090530
Fuck those were always the best moments.

Crawling out of victory road, or just about to head into it, and there they are with one of the strongest teams youve faced yet.
>>
>>30090508
You get something in a video game that would make you stronger, and then you purposely not use it to make the game more difficult. It is clearly unnatural. You are retarded. To control difficulty, video games give you difficulty settings, easy or hard or something, they don't give you items and want the player to choose whether or not to use them to control the difficulty.
>>
>>30090530
I could only imagine if they gave gym leaders 6 pokemon with some of the strategy that the totem pokemon incorporated. Would be some fun shit.
>>
>>30090595
Jesus christ anon your autism over expshare never ends. The way they completely changed it should be proof enough its for little kids with shallow attention spans who never switch out their starters.

Pokemon is a franchise that reaches out to every age group. Even toddlers too young to play are a demographic for pokemon.

The games are made to be easy for kids, but they obviously want those children to grow up playing pokemon so they add in ways to make it more challenging, like being able to turn off expshare. Adults like you even add new rules or play it completely differently because they want more challenge. I don't see anything wrong with this and I do it all the time too. However that doesn't mean i can never play a more vanilla playthrough of pokemon if i feel like it. Just because I'm not playing pokemon with expshare doesn't mean I'm not playing it naturally. I am playing it the way anyone with basic knowledge of pokemon would play it.

EXPshare was made for children, this is especially evident when you look at how they changed it. last time i will say this and reply to you.
>>
>>30089571
Gladion is your real rival according to the files
Hau is some kid tagging along because he's too weak to achieve his goals
>>
>>30090685
You completely ignored my post. You are retarded. Again, when you get items in a video game, like a new weapon or something, the developers did not put that weapon there in order for you to choose the difficulty of the game, choosing whether or not to get stronger. Same as the EXP Share, they gave you the item with the intention of you using it, you choose not to use it to make it harder.
>>
>>30090809
No anon you completely ignored his entire point. The expshare was literally never supposed to be anything you described it to be. When it was introduced you had to go out of your way to make a pokemon hold it. Then it became obvious little kids were only leveling their starter so they reprorposed it to cater to LITTLE KIDS. He is doing exactly what gf would want an older player to do which is planning his team positions based on what they will encounter and switching as needed so mons level up evenly. You are the retard
>>
>>30090914
That wasn't what it used to be, but now thats what it is. What does what it used to be have anything to do with anything. You are retarded. You assuming some stuff about gf and little kids and they want something for adults is all retarded you just made up in your head.
>>
>>30089764
As far as i know no, but do it anyway since it's a nice step counter

... unfortunately not as good as the pokewalker.
>>
>>30091268
Projection: the fucking post

Isnt that what youre doing? Oh nevermind. Let me guess turning off shift or speeding up the text speed is unatural too? :^)
>>
>>30091317
No projection, I said that an item they give you in game, they intend for you to use it. This is basic logic, when you find excalibur in Final Fantasy, they intend for you to use it, they didn't put it there for it to be an easy mode or hard made selector, by giving you the option of equipping it or not. This is common sense. You assuming some stuff about gf and little kids nonsense is all just retarded stuff you made up in your head.
>>
>>30091385
Anon you were absolutely wreked. Why didn't you answer the question about text speed or changing the battle style?

EXPshare has an option to be turned off that was 100% intended for you to choose based on how you want to play. Its essentially the games hard/easy mode.
>>
>>30091432
Battle style is something you find in the options, like a difficulty selector, not an item. Its no different than changing the layout.

And again retard, every weapon in every game, has the option for you to equip or not, every item in Pokemon has the option to use or not, or to even toss it. Again, that option is not supposed to be a difficulty modifier retard.
>>
>>30091506
Except the expshare isn't a weapon. they re-purposed the old expshare into something new because it used to be pretty fucking useless and little kids ignored it.

All gamefreak did was turn an old useless item into an item that can make the game harder or easier.

I literally can't believe you are arguing this still you must have severe autism and i can only pity that.
>>
>>30091568
>they re-purposed the old expshare into something new because it used to be pretty fucking useless and little kids ignored it.

Nice headcanon retard. I'm talking about reality here not what you make up in your mind.

>All gamefreak did was turn an old useless item into an item that can make the game harder or easier.

Yes it can make the game harder or easier, every item can, but they are not intentional difficulty modifiers about your choice whether to use them or not. I don't know why you're so stupid.
>>
>>30090530
>I will admit the game does lack surprise moments like your Rival appearing at the end of a cave
That only happened in RSEORAS, didn't it?
Thread posts: 370
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.