[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen VII Nuzlockes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1472809483570.png (359KB, 709x447px) Image search: [Google]
1472809483570.png
359KB, 709x447px
Pokemon Sun and Moon will either be the BEST games to nuzlocke in the franchise or the Worst.

Pros
>Prokemon Refresh is much easier than Amie so you can get full affection faster
>Full affection seems to be a bit better than what I remember (dodge more attacks/focus sashes)
>Pokemon Refresh forces you to get even closer to your pokemon besides just naming them
>making deaths that much more painful
>wild grass pokemon scale very well to suitable levels
>Z moves can save you

Cons
>Z moves can fuck you up even if they're merely effective
>Beginning of the game will be a challenge (smeargle and first kahuna will be barriers)
>totem pokemon can be bullshit depending on your set up
>Unless you grind an unreasonable amount, if you dont have good defenses on the right type of pokemon totem fights could fucking hurt
>lot of interesting mons have fairly low % chance of being caught
>CUTSCENES out the ass hindering repeat runs

Thoughts /vp/?
>>
>>30080989
I have no clue if I should use the EXP share or not. Early on I can see it making my team over leveled, but in my first run I turned it off during the later game and found myself underleveled for the final fights of the main story and league.
>>
>>30081545
Yeah there was definitely some unexpected power creep by the end.

>trainers on the mountain have pokemon like lvl 46
>Beat totem
>go to final boss area
>just one team of lvl 50's (slighty super powered)
>then after that you catch the legendary
>then figt Hau with a team of 52+
>then Gladion with the same shit
>then the league with mid 50's teams
>all with no trainers to help you level on your way there

By the time I took on the elite 4, most of my team was barely 49. No exp share but I even had pokemon Refresh for boosted EXP.
>>
>>30081694
Yeah, the game really just jumps in levels with the marathon of Po Town and Aether Foundation. I ended up doing some last minute grinding for to get a level or two and having to heal spam for the flying trainer since I wasn't using Z moves.

Why did GF think it was a good idea for another trainerless victory road?
>>
>>30081694
I wish I used that EXP Share. I ended up at level 49 on my strongest mon at the top of the mountain before the Hau fight. Ended up stuffing some of them with Rare Candies and only had a single mon at an appropriate level for the last fight. Everything else ranged from 52-45.
>>
>>30081763
>>30081847
I immediately quit when I realized that the end of the game is balanced around the EXP share.

Well that wasn't the main reason. It was just a my primary run to get through the story because I didn't want to get spoiled. So now I'm on my second run, not using the EXP share but know what levels I should be by the time I get to the elite 4.

TL;DR: First run is kind of shitty for no exp share users but second run of any pokemon game is always more enjoyable.
>>
>>30081936
I ended up just toughing it out. Even though it was kinda lame to rely on Pokemon Refresh, my starter ended up saving me during the champion battle. Made me feel like a kid again.
>>
>>30081545
>I have no clue if I should use the EXP share or not

I feel ya'
I felt like I was kind of overpowered going into Team Skull and Aether Paradise, but the second I get to the 4th Island.
>trainers already have mons higher than mine
>that sudden jump of wild Pokemon being in the early 40's

How I've been working it is just kind of keeping EXP Share on until my team is a little more caught up or balanced. Hell, some of my guys were still 38 going into this.
>>
>>30081936
>>30081998
>>30082046
It really seems like the EXP share needs to be used to match levels with the grand trainer pastebin, which kind of takes some of the fun out of the nuzlocke. Like you should know the basics, but having to avoid looking at surprise moves you don't remember makes it a pain.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.