[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix rock types?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

How do we fix rock types?
>>
>>30080081
Remove a weakness. Same for grass. No single type should have over four weaknesses.
>>
>>30080106
Which weakness? If we're doing this logically, then I thinking Fighting should go because punching a rock doesn't fucking break it
>>
>>30080148
Brick break and rock smash are a thing so I doubt that. However FOR grass I could easily see the flying weakness go. No idea for rock.
>>
>>30080148
yeah, but punching a piece of steel breaks it, right?
>>
>>30080196
Flying > Grass because birds eat seeds and berries or something.
>>
Why the fuck is Rock weak to Grass
>>
>>30080203
I actually forgot about that. That doesn't make sense either.
>>
File: 1455489119449.png (741KB, 1046x649px) Image search: [Google]
1455489119449.png
741KB, 1046x649px
>hear about accelrock and get excited that rock type is going to get a priority move
>its fucking exclusive to lycanroc
>>
>>30080081
buff rampardos
>>
>>30080224

Because grass eats rocks you fucking idiot
>>
>>30080211
Because wind blows away the leaves.
>>
>>30080224
So people who chose Turtwig/Bulbasaur/Treecko could beat the first gym.
>>
>>30080229
It emphasizes the strength inherent in fighting pokemon.
>>
>>30080224
Never seen a root burst through a massive stone/road
Alternatively
Paper
Scissors
Rock

Anyway, Rock being weak to fighting, water, steel makes sense, so I guess the ground weakness is the one to drop?
>>
>>30080224
Because of erosion.
>>
>>30080302
I grew up with Yellow version though.
>>
Remove the ground weakness. Ground is already the best offensive type in the game, it's not gonna hurt it much.

Also give it more moves with good accuracy. It'd be nice to rely on something else than Stone Miss.
>>
>>30080333
If anything that means Rock should be weak to Flying. Erosion has nothing to do with the "grass" type.
>>
>>30080408
That's the reason why Water beats rock. Besides, weathering and erosion are completely different.
>>
>>30080315
So a punch break rocks, and metal, but can't squish a bug or cut a pink ribbon
>>
How do we fix Ice?
>>
>>30080081
Make Rocks resist Fairy for trolling.
>>
>>30080600
Just remove its fighting weakness and its basically fixed.
>>
>>30080408
Flying is not 'air' type
>>
Would rock gain or lose viability if it was resistant to itself?
>>
Maybe take one of its resistances and bump it up to an immunity, like poison or flying
>>
>>30080598
Fairy fucks up Fighting types because Gamefreak really hates Psychic types.
>>
>>30080081
Make steel x1 to rock.
Make ground x1 to rock
Make Ice resist water and flying
>>
I'd say give it a resistance to dark type moves. Most of those are pretty much normal-type moves with a mean twist to them, like bite or snarl.

I mean, unless they're imbued with "evil" the same way fighting moves are imbued with "fighting spirit"...
>>
>>30080598
>bug
Bugs unnerve us, undermining our fighting spirit.
>fairy
Fairy is the most feminine type and it is [current year], so giving an edge over the most masculine type is progressive.
>>
File: 1057-swan-kick-300[1].jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1057-swan-kick-300[1].jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>30081025
>>30080806

...ok
>>
>>30080578
They both fall under denduation, though. Just saying.
>>
>>30080081
>make rock resist itself and make it neutral to ground
>make ground resist itself because why not, there's a lot of rock/ground types who are weak to ground because reasons
>let rock types absorb sneaky pebbles because fuck sneaky pebbles
>>
>>30080224
Something relating to erosion/grass eating through rocks

Honestly though if rock lost its grass weakness that wouldn't really do much, it'd just make grass types worse and rock types would still suck ass
>>
>>30080751
Probably gain, it's still a great offensive typing. It honestly wouldn't help much on its own, though. Most pokemon that run rock attacks either run it for coverage with ground/fighting, or are rock types anyway and appreciate the added bulk another resistance adds.
>>
>>30080598
Probably has something to do with fighting being sheer brute force, and most things that resist fighting are able to mitigate that force in some way
>ghosts phase through the attack
>flying types move around enough that they can't get a solid punch in
>bugs combine ^ with a hard carapace and their own natural strength to somewhat counter fighting types
>psychics can anticipate the oncoming attack and react accordingly
>fairies can probably combine some sort of senses like above with magic asspulls to mitigate the sheer force of the attack

>"normal" attacks and pokemon are weaker than the powerful fighting attacks so they take more damage
>rock/steel are hard but attempt to take the brunt of super-powered attacks that shatter rocks and bend steel, so their strong defenses can't take the huge power
resistances in this game don't really make sense, for some it's like they're able to naturally mitigate the damage by dodging/avoiding the worst of it, for others it's like they just don't give much of a shit when they get hit.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.