[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doubles is better than singles as a format.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: lookatthis.jpg (1000KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lookatthis.jpg
1000KB, 1920x1080px
You cannot disagree with this, singles is

>Oh shit hes got a water type switch to Grass
>Oh shit hes got a Grass type better switch to Ice
>better switch
>switch

This is the height of all singles strategies just nonstop switching over and over it get so boring watching singles battle seeing as how its not based on skill but just using the right supereffective move at the time.

Doubles is much better because YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO THINK when playing it, you cant just switch spam either, more strategy means better ways of playing beyond CHOICE ITEM INSERT SWEEPER HERE oh shit INSERT WALL HERE SPAM RECOVRY MOVE AND SCALD.

Fuck singles honestly.

Is triples the best format?
>>
preaching to the choir here m8
>>
I just started playing doubles and I think it's more fun. Doubles has a lot more room for interesting sets then singles
>>
>>30077394
Agreed
>>
Meh, doubles is just:
Who has the most gimmick moves?

Singles IS pokemon battling.
>>
>>30077394
Where doubles becomes a lot of protect Spam and redirection and occasionally Trick Room. Honestly I like both metas since different Pokemon and archetypes thrive. I can use things like DDnite and Chansey in singles. Where in doubles I can get use out of things like Amooguss, Crobat and slow mons like Mega Mawile, M-Camerupt and Crabominable
>>
>>30077542
Yes its spam supereffective moves the meta. Absolutely no real strategy at all, its so shit that the very stats of a pokemon mean the world to their usage.
>>
>>30077394
>Doubles is much better because YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO THINK when playing it
The only thing you have to think is whether double targeting is risky because of protect and maybe a few mechanics that differ from singles.
>>
>>30077790
Ban any move similar to Protect then.
>>
Yeah that's why the Nintendo run tournaments use doubles. Singles is essentially solved and anyone playing at the highest level of play will use the same strategies. Doubles is mostly solved too but you still can find more surprise stuff like that infamous pachirisu.
>>
>earthquake
>surf
>protect
nice format
>>
>>30078234
Ban those as well, there you go.
>>
>>30077625
Really? I guess I have been doing it wrong because I have been using neutral specs/banded/lo stabs just fine for about 3 generations without any issue. Coverage is fine, but shit that is hard to switch like banded stone edges hurt like fuck even when neutral.

Take a gander at skarmory, 252/252 is 2hko after lefties without rocks on by CB Rhyperior.

Doubles has no room for Banded items, doubles doesn't let stall flourish and just relies on set up and 2-3 offensive mons.

Doubles is the one that is restrictive on stuff you get to use.
>>
File: 1271623517378.jpg (390KB, 394x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1271623517378.jpg
390KB, 394x1650px
>>
>>30078456
>implying slow ass walrein could get a hit in before either dragon shut him down
>>
>>30077394
Colosseum sold me on the idea of doubles being the norm a long time ago.
Now they just need to make EVs a maneagable thing outside combat so it doesn't disturb my autism.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.