[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In-Game Viability Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

Who did you use at any point in your playthrough and how useful were they? I went monofairy so I imagine some of these might have seemed better in a team that wasn't redundant

Primarina - A- - Occasionally struggles with some fast sweepers but overall a nice combo of bulk, power, and coverage. Not sure how it'd compare to the other starters yet.

Ribombee - B+ After level 25 bombs the shit out of anything not Poison/Steel type pretty much.

Shiinotic - B Great access to Mega/Giga Drain makes this pretty useful and survivable for a big chunk of the game. Starts to get outgunned just as it gets Spore though.

Mimikyu - B- Limited coverage but had its moments.

Alolan Ninetales - C+ Nice coverage but you get it late and it doesn't hit hard

Comfey - F Complete and total shit, utterly worthless
>>
>>30073582

Slowbro - B+ - It starts sucking once you get close to evo but good TMs really help. Once it evolves it tanks shit like nobody's business.

Lycanroc(Sun) - A - Fast af rocks is really really good. Decent coverage with brick break and crunch. Really good against a few totem pokes as well.

Hariyama - B+/A- - Slow, but goddam it's a monster with pretty early evo and access to Z stone. Only problem is that you're stuck with brick break as best fighting move till pokemon league.

Palossand - C - Pretty strong and can tank some attacks easily, but it's slow as fuck and it keeps barely missing KOs until Z crystal + shadow ball. Fairly late evo as well at level 42

Crobat - B+ - Blazingly fast but it sucks early on, lacks a bit on power sometimes too. Completely embarrasses grass totem poke.

Decidueye - B- - Fairly strong and tanky, but goddam Datrix starts falling behind when evo approaches. Also you're stuck with razor leaf for a long ass time for grass.
>>
>in-game viability

christ
>>
>>30074142
The concept of in-game viability is maybe slightly relevant this gen, at least. The totems punish holes in coverage hard.
>>
WishiWashi-A: Being slow hurts it's viability but it has giant stats, is almost given to you, and can use Waterium Z early when you don't have many other Z crystals.
>>
i'm a filthy pirate and had to solo the E4/Kukui with three mons and picked hariyama - slowbro - alolan dugtrio

turns out i never needed another pokemon ever again

those three were more than enough to bring the whole postgame to their knees
>>
>>30074142
>Ledian
This time you can make it work though. It's just painful not worth the investment.
>>
>>30074594
Do you circumvent the crash with that? Thanks anon.
>>
>>30075008
yeah
you can't beat with more than three pokemon or the hall of fame will crash
with three mons it goes on normally
>>
adding to that:

Toucannon: B-: Nice attack power and speed, Beak Blast at 28 makes it nice until you get Drill Peck when it gets trashed

Mudsdale: A- (C): Stamina is the best ability you can have against any physical attacker, period. Great bulk, great power; low speed isn't an issue. You're limited to your ground move and rock tomb for coverage, which is nice but somewhat lacking.

Zygarde 10%: B: Frail as fuck but can hit hard from physical side. Get Thousand Arrows core ASAP if you plan on using it

Mimikyu: A: decently fast, great moves, free turn to setup a Swords Dance and break everything

Salazzle: B: not ranked higher because takes some time to get decent moves other than Flame Burst and is a hassle to get as female, but is definitely worth it if you get this lucky

Toxapex: C-: dead weight until evolution, where it starts tanking shit like no one's business. Regenerator is too much trouble to get for in-game and not worth the weight; you'll be stuck with Merciless, which makes it barely damage something
>>
File: 1479072462452.jpg (107KB, 959x1115px) Image search: [Google]
1479072462452.jpg
107KB, 959x1115px
>no one rated best starter
wow
someone please rate i dont have the game because fuck ups
>>
>>30075307
>no one rated best starter
they did
>>30073582
>>
>>30074993
Ledian actually fucking destroys the first island and with normal Z swift can still be kinda useful on the second
>>
>>30075365
the only thing ledian destroy is your faith in bug pokemon
>>
>>30074219
Top Kek could be beat by a level 1 diglett
>>
Tsareena: A-, Isn't great before it evolves, but once it does prepare to OHKO almost anything you have coverage for with a surprisingly good move pool.

Alolan Muk: A, Great typing and a decent move pool with slight TM support. By the time it is falling off you can slap an eviolite on it and then ride that out until it evolves into a monster.

Alolan Marowak: C, you have to reach the E4 to relearn it's signature move and use TMs for most of the moves anyways. Also once you reach late game almost everything has Dark, Rock, or Ground moves. If it can get a hit off on something it is gonna KO it, and itself with Flare Blitz.
>>
>>30074139
>Lycanroc(Sun) - A - Fast af rocks is really really good. Decent coverage with brick break and crunch. Really good against a few totem pokes as well.
i disagree

it has weak moves and it can't really afford not to KO anything. it and A-Raichu were the weak links of my team
>>
File: IMG_0550.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0550.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>30073582
A-Muk: B+ - Bulked a lot of shit and poison won me a lot of fights, but also let me down a few times. Grimer fell off for a while until it finally evolved. My only answer to fairies and only decent at it.

Ribombee: B - Dominates its good matchups, but struggles against a lot of things. Very strong early-mid game. Only mon to OHKO a totem.

Oricorio: B- - Used PomPom the whole game for the resists. Good early on but falls off late game. Takes forever to get its secondary STAB. Obliterated Guzma and clutched out some matches. Feather Dance is very useful.

Mudsdale: A+ - Fucking MVP. Saved my ass more times than I can count. Main reason I beat the E4 and champ underleveled.

Araquanid: A - Miles ahead of anything available at that level and stays relevant the whole game. Falls off slightly towards the end but still murdered Hapu, then Liquidation via relearner brings it right back.

Bewear: C+ - Most use I got from it was Baby Doll Eyes. Mudsdale pretty much totally outclassed it in taking physical hits, and it lacks reliable STAB. Did have some clutch matches though.
>>
>>30075628
Yeah, I ended up grinding a Minior post game because A-Raichu just got KO'd by everything.
>>
>>30074139
Razor leaf isn't as bad with the crit rate buff from last Gen, lets Datrix hit through some boosting mon.

>>30074993
I've had ledian's dual screens help me out a bit early on, but I ditched it when everyone ended up about level 20.
>>
>>30075866
Ledian is underrated as shit.
>Learns swift at level 8, bypasses any accuracy bs and hits 2 Pokemon at once
>Learns brick break right before Normal Type totem, can solo the whole thing
>Infestation hax
>Gets acrobatics and silver wind pretty early, very nice stab
>Solos Mallow
>Can solo Luna
>Dual Screens
All that and I've only just beaten Olivia, Ledian's my team MVP by far.
>>
Decidueye - B - Felt okay, but with all the good grass types this gen I would pick a different starter next playthrough.

Mimikyu - A - Funnest setup sweeper and can still tank a hit after words if he can't OHKO.

Toxapek - B - Merciless Venoshock and Scald lets it hit pretty hard and can tank with the best of them.

Rockruff - C - Felt pretty lacking later on and used him mostly as a stealth rocker later on. Made for a pretty funny Champion fight start though.

Golisopod - B - He was pretty good but his ability hurts him a bit, can teach false slash when you feel like catching stuff.

Nebby - S - That unique dialogue in the e4 was nice, shame I didn't actually use him in any fight and boxed him permanently after the e4.
>>
>>30076057
>Only beaten Olvia
That is why they are still good
>>
Pelipper put in some real work this game. Replaced my Popplio with Wingull early on, proceeded to wreck shit.
>>
>>30076084
>Stealth rock setter in a game where most trainers have only 1-2 pokemon.
Although correct me if I'm wrong as I only just have beaten Olivia.
>>
>>30076144
Some people in the post game use 3.
>>
>>30076091
It's like halfway through the game.
>>
>>30076203
I'd say 1/3
>>
>>30073582
Just got past the first Lusamine fight. So far:

Primarina A-: Early Scald TM helps it so much,
Raichu B: Evolved it at level 34 for Discharge, it's a beast now. Points docked for Pikachu and Pichu being shitters though.
Lyanroc A: Rockruff is okay, this thing is a monster. Both fast and strong as fuck. Learned Rock Slide now too.
Salazzle A-: Dragon Rage is ridiculous early on and easily lasts it long enough to get Venoshock/Flame Burst, and it has a great matchup against Totem Lurantis.
Skarmory A-: Fly and Rock Tomb TMs are a must, but it's fantastic: bulky as a motherfucker and dishes out good damage too (solo'd the second Guzma fight and did work in the third so far).
Krookodile B+: Literally just evolved it, STAB Crunch, Intimidate and Ghost Resists have all been helpful so far though.

Overall happy wit this team so far, there's been no real shitter past Pikachu before it evolved.
>>
>>30074142
it's a smogon thing. just ignore them and they'll go back to their site.
>>
>>30076144
By later in the game I pretty much mean the main story bosses and the e4, he only saw usage otherwise when he could hit something super effectively, looking back on it I should have just replaced him earlier with a Minior who I'm using now in postgame.
>>
>>30076246
There is literally nothing wrong with reporting in detail how well your team is doing
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.