/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sun & Moon Questions and Answers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 383
Thread images: 20

File: mega_exeggutor.png (769KB, 800x569px) Image search: [Google]
mega_exeggutor.png
769KB, 800x569px
Generic Q&A thread for questions about Sun/Moon that don't really warrant their own thread.

>If you need QR codes
https://imgur.com/a/EFOqs

>General Sun/Moon information you may want to check first
http://serebii.net/sunmoon/

>Previous thread
>>30067576
>>
Rowlet or popplio? Grass/Ghost is too fucking neat to pass up.
>>
How do you reset/train EVs?
>>
>>30072023
Rowlet. Dhelmise is also grass/ghost but late game and there are better water types to pick from.

How do I get the lucky egg?
>>
>>30071998
What was the secret shared with Rockruff and the Starters?
>>
File: SnorlaxDoll.jpg (70KB, 800x770px) Image search: [Google]
SnorlaxDoll.jpg
70KB, 800x770px
How do you get munchlax to evolve, I've already filled up the affection meter and it's hit 3 levels since then, but nothing has happened.
>>
I wanted to stick some reserve Pokemon in the day care to gain levels while I play through the main game, but apparently that doesn't work anymore. Can I do that with Isle Evelup, or do Pokemon only gain EVs there, not levels?
>>
Where do I find this?

And should I give a water Z-Crystal to Crabrawler or a fighting one?
>>
>>30072163
Affection =/= Friendship
>>
>>30072271
Well where the hell do I check friendship at?
>>
Does Hyper Training affect Hidden Power?

Or is Hidden Power based off of a Pokemon's original IVs?
>>
>>30072290
There's a lady in the city where Olivia's shop is that tells you it.

But there's no point. Just keep playing the game like normal and leveling it up until it happens. Get a Soothe Bell if you can.
>>
>>30071998
I JUST WANT AN ADAMANT MUCHLAX, FUCK THIS GAME, REEEE
>>
Where can you buy hair accessories for girls?
>>
Are there ACTUALLY Growlithe on Route 2 or did Kukui just fucking lie to me? I haven't gotten any to appear
>>
Is there a way to reset EVs?
>>
Taking Litten. Should I keep a male or soft reset for a female? Gonna name it Riki (Short for Rikidozan)
>>
File: sunne.jpg (17KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
sunne.jpg
17KB, 400x240px
>>30071998

Anyone know if there are any prerequisites to go through the portal at altar of the sunne in the postgame? Playing sun btw if that makes a difference
>>
>>30072422
I just got a growlithe beside the pokemon center on route 2. So yeah.
>>
Where's the Xurkitree in Lush Jungle? I feel like I've checked every patch of grass.
>>
how do i met people at festival plaza?
>>
can you rebattle guzma after fighting the e4?
>>
>>30072507
I had the cover legendary in my party when I traveled through the portal, but I can't confirm 100% that it's the cause
>>
File: Yuropoor.jpg (54KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Yuropoor.jpg
54KB, 1200x675px
>>30072929
Yes he's in a house near the 1st island challenge

Do I need to unistall the .cia and download it again after the 23rd November (eurofag here)?
I want to be sure to dodge the ban wave
>>
Can you get more than one Cosmog per game?
>>
does anyone have a list of all the people who pay you to see if a pokemon is registered in your dex? i know there was someone who asked for a feebas but i don't remember where they are
>>
>>30072507
Apparently, you have to go to the altar with your box legendary during day-time in moon and night-time in sun
>>
>>30074312
Best pokemon to farm for speed ev training?
>>
>>30074263
Pokemon centre just outside Booklet Hill/Route 5
>>
Is synchronize the same? Can I have a dead abra in the first slot and the ability will work? Also does it apply to each Pokemon that gets called in for help?
>>
>>30072638
just keep running in circles with a repel on, it's a random encounter

>>30074329
Cutiefly in Melemele Meadow. Salandit would be good too, but it has Dragon Rage

Question: Who do I have to kill to get a "Team Purple" dying shop in Festival Plaza? Alternatively, how do I get Purple clothes?
>>
>>30074369
For the first pokémon you find, yes. For SOS Chaining, it doesn't work (since the pokémon already in battle counts as first instead)
>>
File: Lilligant.png (43KB, 261x300px) Image search: [Google]
Lilligant.png
43KB, 261x300px
Is Petilil and Lilligant only in Moon?
>>
How do I get Null to evolve?
>>
>>30071998
Are there any megas?
>>
>>30074551
How does the multiplier work exactly when SOS EV chaining.

1 salandit would give me 1 ev. 2 Salandits would give me 4?
>>
How do i find bottle caps?

Whats the method to get hidden abilities in this game?

Is deoxys an ultra beast?

Why won't the berry master let me plant berries in the unused berry field?
>>
Can I catch Bruxish at any of the bubbling spots or only specific ones?

>>30074973
No new ones but they are still in the game.
>>
Story spoiler

Are you supposed to have met the flying E4 beforehand? I was fully prepared to be swept by Hapus Dugtrio again so I was thrown by this literal who
>>
How the fuck do you move the giant silver rocks? I've tried my tauros and stoutland so far and nothing is happening.
>>
>>30074607
Yes
>>
If you keep Silvally as normal, does that mean you can still hold an item?
>>
>>30074607
yes
>>
>>30075105
there's a ride specifically for moving those. it's machamp shove
>>
Is there a trainer who has a Vulpix? I've got Moon so I've got a sandshrew I'll put on the GTS, but Vulpix isn't even in my dex yet.
>>
>>30075084
she's at the hotel in the 2nd island. Since its not required to go into the hotel it's sorta weird, cause i didn't know her either
>>
So when do Beach Hats appear and how much do they cost?
This person in my Festival Corner just sold me one for 790 FC and I haven't even beaten the first trial yet.
>>
>>30075189
scan the qr code for it
>>
>>30072101
It's the big scoop in next month's corocoro!
>>
I beat the fire trial and it wont let me go to poke pelago how do I fix this
>>
>>30075025
I got two bottle caps from one of my festival lottery corners as a second prize.
>>
How does the festival work?

Is it a local thing, because I get no activity at all, no one ever joins my missions and theres never missions for me to join.

I just want to grind type matchups
>>
does anything notable happen in Seaward Cave? I find it odd that it has its own spoopy music and nothing's there
>>
>>30075251
Bottom right button, switch to online mode.
I've just ground 1600 FC. I need to stop.
>>
Trying to do the 1% Bagon, how long would I have to wait until I can get the 10% one?
>>
serebii has some general information on plaza stuff
but can anyone tell me the difference between the different levels of Battle Table?
it looks like they all sell the same thing

also I tried to add this guy to my VIP list because he was offering a 4star bounce house but it says registration failed.
what gives?
>>
>>30074974
yes. If a pokémon sucessfully calls something, anyone in the chain gives double EVs
>>
Whats a good way to make money mid-game (around guzmas po village battle)
>>
Please help me I cant get to poke pelago
>>
>>30075299
How'd you grind that much? I keep sending people to the wrong place by accident and talking to them does nothing.
>>
>>30071998
Why is the Royal Battle shit the dumbest thing in existence. Holy fuck.

>Everyone just pounces on you: the game
>>
1) How good is Vikavolt in-game?
2) Do you get a reward for completing the regional dex?
>>
Any good egg-hatching routes?
>>
>>30075412
Do you have the Charizard on your pager yet?
>>
>>30075508
Yes I do and I've went through all the pages and it wont pop up
>>
Is there any way to get Null?
>>
File: 1433210741789.png (203KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1433210741789.png
203KB, 600x600px
>>30075306
Please respond
>>
>>30075412
you need to clear Fire trial to get access to it

>>30075428
Missions, focus on type matchup ones, you can get up to 50 a pop

>>30075471
1- it only evolves late-game. Have fun with Charjabug until then
2- Full alola dex gives you the charms for seen all/caught all. Each regional dex gives nothing
>>
>>30075412
You can only go there after you gain Fly.
>>
>>30071998
Is the island scan random for the island im in i wanted to get a cyndaquil or a totodile Early on the game but if its only one scan per day that could be kinda lame since it might take a while though i like kling and would not mind getting him?
>>
>>30075538
it's accessed by the menu (pressing X, then R to the second page, Poké Pelago will be there)
>>
>>30075412
It should be a part of the start menu, hit x and keep pressing right.
>>
>>30075428
Missions. Mostly the type matchup ones. I go online and join other people's missions so I don't use up all my own tickets.
>>
>>30075600
Thank you I thought it was on the charizard page
>>
Two same-species parents with the same level up move will pass it on the baby right? Like 2 Orocorio with Revelation dance will have a baby with the move?
>>
>>30075299
I switched to online and still dont get anything except for occasional ones like grass type enthusiasts that are a waste of time
>>
What's the deal with the bald dude in haina desert? I guess he wants to see a Solrock or something. What happens if I show him?

also how exactly does getting clothes from the opposite version work
>>
>>30074120
It's a legendary, what do you think?
>>
How early in the game can you get Cottonee? When should you also evolve it into Whimsicott?
>>
>>30075544
After you beat the league Gladion will be in the Aether preservation floor and he'll give you the second Null
>>
>>30075798
melemele meadow right after the first trial. it's sun exclusive.
>>
File: 508.png (8KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
508.png
8KB, 256x256px
>>30075306
>>30075562
I need to know
>>
>>30075692
2nding the clothes thing
>>
I heard something about changing the save from moon to sun and viceversa, any tutorials?
>>
I went to literally every location for the Zygarde cubes on Serebii's guide and I'm still missing five. Where did Joe fuck up?
>>
>>30073708
Isn't the banwave over?
>>
I brought the Ash-Greninja over to my game, but now I want to make a new save file. Will I be able to bring it over again or was that only a one time thing?
>>
Is there anyone in this game that collects tiny or big mushrooms or can I just sell them?
>>
where can I find alolan vulpix?
>>
>>30077407
Sun only.

Earliest place is the grass in Tapu Village
>>
Is there a way to farm berries? I don't like the idea of going to certain trees every day.
>>
File: CtX7lRnUMAAxpYB.jpg orig.jpg (63KB, 800x609px) Image search: [Google]
CtX7lRnUMAAxpYB.jpg orig.jpg
63KB, 800x609px
What's a good team/pokemon for battle royale?
>>
how do i feed secret meals in the festival plaza to my pokemon? For some reason it doesnt allow me to feed my mons the secret meals.
>>
where is the electric rock? and around what level do you reach it?
>>
>chain alolan geodudes up to like 54
>catch one
>fucking magnet pull

how do i pull this shit off??? i spent like an hour on that shit
>>
What's a good mon to teach false swipe early game? I realized that no one on my team at the moment can learn it.
>>
Do I need a new 3ds to enjoy this game? Is it unplayable on anything other than the new 3DS consoles?
>>
>>30071998
Where do I level up Magneton to evolve him into a Magnezone?
>>
>>30077499
Are you taking about the place to evolve Charjabug? It's essentially the victory road, so very late.

And iirc there isn't a specific location. My magneton evolved there after leveling up from a trainer battle
>>
>>30077517
>Is it unplayable on anything other than the new 3DS consoles?
I'm on the O3DS and the game runs perfect 95% of the time. Frames only drop during Totem Battles, Double Battles, and during the camera mode.
>>
Is anyone else getting connection issues? I'm struggling to get a wondertrade through.
>>
>>30077499
All of Vast Poni Canyon counts as the "electric rock"
>>
>>30077517
It only gets a bit slow during double battles and totem fights on my 2DS
>>
we're in the same boat >>30077528. >>30077538 said it's really late in game.

maybe someone will do a trade with us and level it for us. I really do want to use magnezone.
>>
How do I use the QRcode option in the team selection screen? Can't find any qr generator or anything
>>
Where do I catch wimpod?
>>
>>30075480
>Any good egg-hatching routes?
Right in front of the nursery there is a small enclosure that you can walk into which is juuuust big enough to let you mount Tauros in. Do that, and then charge at the wall while turning. As long as you're turning Tauros won't stop charging and it actually counts towards eggs hatching / spawning, so just sit there and rotate the circle pad while holding B. Shit is *ridiculously* good.
>>
When do you actually get nebby (since I assume it evolves into the box mascot), is it easily sr for a good nature or are there a million cutscenes like the starter?

im raiding aether for Lilly and it feels like I'm getting close so I want to know if I should box someone before committing
>>
Is there a place where you can get unlimited double battle in this game?

Or do I have to go through ditto grind to teach my smeargle some moves...
>>
>>30077553
and z-moves
>>
>>30077712
>is it easily sr for a good nature or are there a million cutscenes like the starter?
It's absurdly easy. You can even walk away and go breed three boxes of Abra to get the right nature synchronizer if you want.
>>
how does wonder trade work?

would it be a good idea to use my spare wimpod for it, or just search for something else to trade for it?
>>
>>30077757
you send your pokemon to trade and it instantly pairs you up with an random anonymous trainer.

its a great way to get rid of spares.

just try it out once.
>>
Is there a difference to the color of Pokebeans?
>>
>>30077757
wonder trade? you get what other people put up. So be prepare for a lots of route 1 stuff.
>>
Where do I get Oranguru? Lush forest?

>>30077553
>Frames only drop during Totem Battles, Double Battles, and during the camera mode.
Oh thank god it's not just me. It's so noticeable in doubles.
>>
>>30077658
2nds island after fire trial it is on the southwest coast
>>
How does Synchronize work with S.O.S. battles? Does the Synchronize mon have to be out when the wild Pokemon calls for help, or does it work as long as the Synchronize mon is at the beginning of my party when I initiate the original battle?
>>
>>30077840
>Lush forest
yeh
>>
>>30077754
Should i box someone or am I not close yet? And thanks
>>
>>30077498
rollin for this 2 be answered
>>
>>30077819
>>30077812
alright, i traded a ledyba for a ledyba, and a spare eevee (m) for a rattata

guess i'll just use it for duplicate disposal
>>
How do I change the pose of my avatar?
>>
>>30077898
Fugg I've been running around here for the past hour and a half is it any certain tiles?
>>
>>30077877
There are rocks blocking the path, do I need sharpedo or something?
>>
>hated picking litten so much I deleted my save and restarted at the third island

Also, I haven't played since Gen 3. Is there any calculator or resources so that I can cover my type weaknesses better? I was playing just fine but my team did not feel optimal at all.
>>
>>30077906
Trust me, you don't need to worry about it. It's a standing legendary that won't engage in battle until you talk to it, and you're in an area that you can freely leave. Shit, you can even just hop on a Charizard and tell it yo homes, to Bel Air.
>>
What are the strength locations? I forgot where they are all
>>
>>30077945
Nevermind, I'm fucking retarded
>>
Anyone have advice on how to chain Geodude because Selfdestruct is a bitch and Thunderpunch fucks Golduck
>>
>>30077977
Seconding this question. I *think* I got all of them, but I honestly am not sure I got them all.

>>30077986
Damp (HA) Parasect is always the go to for fuckers like that.
>>
>>30077986
damp ability u spaz
>>
>>30077945
No it's by the Rocky area right outside the Pokemon center/Motel.

It's an overworld mon that tries to run from you
>>
Is it a dumb idea to have both a Raichu and a Jolteon on the same team?
>>
>>30078002
Goldduck has damp
>>
Is it just me or is this game much more linear than previous titles? Everything seems like one giant hand holding adventure.
>>
Where do I find the ice stone?
>>
What's the best low leveled pokemon I can give through WT? I'm talking best competitive mons at level 5-10 or so because I feel like doing a giveaway
>>
Does doing the island scan guarantee the pokemon be in a place accessible to you during that moment? Don't want to accidentaly waste 20 hours worth of scanning cooldown
>>
How do Weather SOS battles work?
I've been using rain dance to try and get a goomy in lush jungle and it isnt working
>>
>>30071998
So what do you do after you beat the 5th Ultra Beast I'm not sure if there is more campaign to do or what.

>>30078012
yeah, probably
>>
>>30077976
Danke.
>>
Do you unlock any more haircuts throughout the game?
>>
Is there a guide or something on the best way to EV train? Also is there a way to reset EVs? I assume not.
>>
>>30077896
already answered; you need the synchronizer to be battling if you want to get a synced nature >>30074589
>>
What level did Pichu evolve for you guys? Any way to power level happiness?
>>
>>30078029
some rare late pokemon like jangmo-o, dhelmise or something probably
>>
Does scanning QR codes fill out your dex?

That seems broken as fuck.
>>
>>30078124
>Any way to power level happiness?
Soothe Bell and Pokemon Refresh
>>
>>30078029
bumping the question
>>
what's a safe chain number to get 3+ 31 IV Dittos
>>
>>30078142
It just puts the pokemon as "seen". It only allows you to see a blurred out version of its sprite as well as where you can catch it. Nothing else.
>>
Is Ash-Greninja allowed in the Battle Tree? If so, can someone post proof?
>>
Does SOS Chaining increase Shiny odds?
>>
>>30078224
Supposedly but I spent 4 hours chaining Jangmo-o and that was fruitless
>>
Can I soft reset berry trees for a Crabrawler? Will they reset?
>>
>>30078124
18-19. Soothe Bell.
>>
Why doesn't Goliospod trigger his ability for the opponent in Battle Tree?
>>
>>30078151
>soothe bell
yes
>refresh
hell no

>>30078191
40+ net me 4-31 IV pokémon in the places I chained, which you should go for

>>30078224
it supposedly max out at 100-chain, but my 4 chains were over 70 and no shiny found
>>
>>30078151
Refresh increases affection, which is not the same thing as happiness. The only pokemon that needs affection to evolve is Sylveon; all the others are happiness evolutions.
>>
what is a good nature for a alolan rattata?

Or just do not even try to use it

Also EV spread for a poplio? I heard HP and SPattack
>>
What are the QR codes for?
>>
>>30078303
Duly noted. Sorry for the mistake
>>
>>30072325
It does not effect hidden power
Same with breeding as well
Hyper trained IVs do not transfer
>>
>>30072261
sun only third island outside the geothermal plant after you get mudsdale
>>
>>30078303
Any advice on how to chain ditto? What is the best set up Pokemon and Transform bait?
>>
>>30078334
If you scan 10 you can get an Island Scan which makes a pokemon spawn that you aren't able to get regularly. The only real good ones in my opinion are the Johto Starters on the first island
>>
What's the use of 'changing' worlds? Getting Cosmog? Nothing else?
>>
>>30078388
You can switch between Sun time and Moon time
>>
Where is the name rater?
>>
What's the best move set for chaining Mimikyu.
>>
>>30071998
Anyone know where to find a black sludge? I need healing for my cute sea urchin
>>
What are the canon names this time around, are they really Sun and Moon?
>>
Is there a way to transfer a save from Lurantis to a newer cia?
>>
is scald behind where you use strength in brooket hill?
>>
>>30078474
they seem to be elio and selene
>>
>>30072163
for me i got it at level 19, feed it masaladas, soothe bell, walk a lot.
>>
I reset my clock, and cant ever get into the shops at the Festival Plaza. It's been over 24 hours since and they are still not letting me do anything. Help?
>>
Morelull or Fomantis
>>
>>30078488
JK's Save Manager works just fine.

Although honestly you'll be fine. Nintendo was not able to distinguish between the .cias and the actual cartridges in the pre-release ban wave, so there's no reason to think they'll suddenly be able to in the future. Turns out the version error people were talking about is also present on the actual cartridges too.
>>
How the fuck do you get castform?
>>
>>30078530
Fomantis
A real qt
>>
>>30078372
awesome, just tried it and got a Rhyhorn on Blush Mountain.
>>
For Nihilgo is it better to EV train for Speed+S attack and rely on his natural bulk or S attack+S defense so he can switch in to special attackers without too much worry? It's modest nature if that changes anything.
>>
>>30078519
Welcome to Sun & Moon. Don't touch the clock or it'll cockblock you for several days straight.

I'm still a bit miffed for that one myself. All I did was update to put the thing in DST mode, but nope no Festival Plaza shit for several days in a row now.
>>
why does my pokemon make a weird shake and a little bubble noise after its sent out in battle?
>>
>>30078591
Because it likes you.
>>
>>30078591
affection
>>
>>30078591
Because it loves you after petting it and feeding it so much food. It's adorable. Pokemon Refresh is amazing.
>>
How does Oricoro work?
Lillie said I need the nectar of certain flowers. Is this a flower change or can you only find a certain Oricoro form in certain areas?
>>
Do you really need to be at level 100 to hyper train?
What's the fastest way to level up then?
>>
File: 1477338670576.jpg (309KB, 1024x1162px) Image search: [Google]
1477338670576.jpg
309KB, 1024x1162px
>>30078570
Anyone know how long it is? I hope it's not a week. My DS was dead forever and just wanted to correct the time. This is ridiculous.
>>
What happens if I KO'd Necrozma? It said it's still around but I haven't run into it yet. Do I have to beat the League again?
>>
Is the current EXP system similar to how it was in B/W? Has anyone been able to confirm what we thought in the actual game?
>>
Is there a list for the trainers that say "come back and talk to me when you beat all the other trainers on this route"? I keep forgetting to go back to them.
>>
>>30078644
You can find the nectar as items and use them to switch forms.
>>
>>30078644
Do you just ignore items in the field?
>>
>>30078546
Bump, someone must know.
>>
How do I get frustration and return? The Oranguru and policeman are supposed to be in the malasada shop in Malie City at night, but I don't see them.
>>
>>30078729
I want my ghost, and I want it now.
>>
>>30077508
You can get a Munchlax with what is basically False Swipe for free from Mystery Gift using the get from internet option
>>
File: PKHeX_2016-11-20_18-38-11.png (40KB, 616x361px) Image search: [Google]
PKHeX_2016-11-20_18-38-11.png
40KB, 616x361px
>>30078141
so a competitive jangmo-o?
>>
>>30078731
its a rare SOS encounter in malie garden.
>>
>>30078746
oh, thanks. I'm too lazy to update my version number...
>>
how do i make wimpod respawn leaving the area doesnt work
>>
does Poni island have a clothes shop?
>>
>>30078367
never tried Ditto. But since you don't need a specific nature (forgoing synchronize), a ghost-type false swipe will probably do. Except imposter. Fuck Imposter
>>
Where in Lush Jungle do I get Oranguru

When do I get The Strength Rider Pokemon
>>
>>30078409
Cosmog will evolve into the cover legend of your game or into the other one? I don't want to end up with 2 Lunalas
>>
>>30078714
Not exactly what you're looking for but this has them all since they all give you a different TM:

https://www.vg247.com/2016/11/18/pokemon-sun-moon-guide-where-to-find-all-100-tms/
>>
>>30078771
I mean specifically. Does natural weather work? Is it a specific pokemon in the area? I've caught every weathermon, but I haven't seen a castform once.
>>
>>30078734
You need to talk to the Oranguru first and then the police officer comes in, if that helps.
>>
>>30078799
cosmoem's evolution corresponds to the version it evolves in.
>>
When/where is the move relearning tutor.
Half these Alolan forms learn the good crap before you can even get them.
>>
>>30078858
pokemon center right before elite four
Yes, that late in the game
>>
>>30078778
enter pokemon center
catch it by swimming around to the side it's den is
>>
>>30078832
oh sorry, i don't know
>>
>>30078858
In the final pokemon center in the game before post game.
>>
>>30078773
Not him but it also comes with a super useful move called Happy Hour or something like that--it doubles the prize money (does not stack though) and the effect stays even if the user faints. I use it in the elite 4 in tandem with the amulet coin and get 50k per battle.
>>
>>30078848
I'd do that, but he isn't there. It's the right place for sure, and everywhere online says it happens at night, which it is. But no one mentions them not being there for any reason.
>>
>>30078872
>>30078885
That's aids as fuck
>>
Is there any way to catch both Pokemon after one calls for help?
>>
>>30078909
no unfortunately
>>
>>30078783
No.

>>30078797
Everywhere, but it's 5% encounter, and the last island.
>>
Are you playing Sun or Moon? Because day and night is flipped depending on which you're playing.
>>
>>30078929
fuck. at least it's just a khangaskan, I can find another one.
>>
>>30078644
Different colored flowers on the map can give you the nectar. For instance the pink flowers near the battle royal give you pink nectar.
>>
Why are there so many legitimately stupid questions being asked?
>>
>>30078460
Alolan Grimer has a 5% chance.
>>
>>30078994
specifically to bother you
>>
>>30078994
Welcome to /vp/
>>
so is there a faster way to getting FC's than spamming type-matchup missions?
>>
>>30078873
You can also chase it on stoutland and out run it.
>>
>>30078942
I'm assuming youre referring to me.

I'm on sun, so it's actually night time right now. I suspected that maybe it needed to be day for my version, as if everyone else was playing moon, but serebii says night as well, and joe's playing through sun as well.
>>
>>30078988
I'm only on the first Island. I just ran into Oricoro on in the flower field.
When do I run into these flowers?
>>
My pikachu always shakes when i send it out into battle? why?
>>
Been asking for several days,how long do you need to chain SOS before you know that hidden abilities are appearing?
>>
Is the game long enough for me to raise at least 3 teams of mons? There are about 9 benched Pokémon that I want to use, but I'm pretty happy with the team I have now.

Or is there at least post game that doesn't involve high level fights?
>>
Can I get any mega stones in this game? If yes, where?
>>
>>30079022
Hmm... just blindly guessing at this point but did you beat the main story?
>>
>>30079028
One colour of flower on each island.
>>
>>30079039
it never tells you, but in my (limited) experience i had to kill about 40 mons before i skill swapped one with an HA
>>
Where is the best spot in ten carrot hill to catch rockruff?

Is there an area where it doesn't have a shit encounter rate?
>>
>>30078994
Please don't be mean, there are no such things as stupid questions.
>>
>>30079054
So... the ghost flower is on?

I'm not getting this until late in the game, am I?
>>
>>30079051
You get the Alakazite for free from these two trainers post-game and all the other ones are sold for BP at either the Battle Tree or the other thing (I think it was the Battle Tree though).
>>
>>30079069
no, just pick your grass patch in the open back part and good luck.
>>
>>30079037
I think it's when they reach a certain affection level from pokemon refresh.
>>
>>30079051
You get Alakazamite for free and can buy others at Battle Tree.
>>
>>30079037
Read the thread god damn it.

>>30078994
>>30078591
>>
how to get to kala'e bay? i hate having it greyed out on my map
>>
>>30079052
Jesus, did they make return postgame? As a matter of fact, I just got to the third island. No where online have I seen anyone say you had to beat the main game to get these tms, especially considering several tms HAVE been specified as postgame.
>>
>>30079110
try exploring, try the flower field
>>
>>30079110
By going to google and typing "how to get to kala'e bay"
>>
>>30079082
Last Island i think. But the birds level up moves don't change.
>>
>>30079118
Yeah like I said I'm just guessing--all I know is I got it postgame when I did a sweep for all 100 TMs.
>>
>>30079082
The ghost flower is on the last island, but can't be reached until postgame.
>>
>>30079165
Fuck me.
>>
File: 1479143869195.gif (142KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1479143869195.gif
142KB, 300x200px
When you seperate and then reassemble zygarde, will it be the same zygarde as before and just updated, or does it make an entirely new zygarde, my slugarde is 60 and wouldn't want to lose that progress
>>
>>30079164
Fuuuuck. I guess nintendo thought silkscarf bewear return would be broken.
>>
Where do you check the Hall of Fame?
>>
How long does it take for the daycare to produce an egg?
>>
File: smack.gif (1015KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
smack.gif
1015KB, 500x281px
>>30071998
>Want Mareanie
>Go to Hau'Oli Outskirts by Kukui's lab to find a Corsola that will call a Mareanie for help
>Find Corsola
>It's been twelve turns and it hasn't called for help
>I have an Adrenaline Orb
Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>30079211
You mean just the first team that cleared it? There's a guy standing outside the entrance to the league.
>>
>>30079185
They tell you exactly what happens right before you do it, anon.
>>
File: 1478996821918.jpg (95KB, 640x571px) Image search: [Google]
1478996821918.jpg
95KB, 640x571px
what is the trick to catching Dhelmise? Is there any way to boost the encounter rate? I'm fishign off the Steelix boat right now.
>>
>>30079230
lower its health and don't status it
>>
Does anyone have any links *with actual numbers and calculations* that talk about how EVs from SOS battles work? I can't find jack shit about this anywhere, even after checking the forums at the usual suspects (Smogon, Serebii, GBATemp). Serebii makes the claim that 7 SOS chained pokemon = 252 EVs, but I can't reproduce that number no matter how I try.

And don't just say "it doubles each time". It does not double each time. If it doubled each time then it would take 6 SOS Pokemon with an EV item and 7 without. It definitely takes more than 7 without, and Serebii's calculations say they're with an EV item.
>>
>>30079230
Did you
a) USE the adrenaline orb
b) lowers its health
c) inflict a status?
>>
>>30072422
What time of day did you look? I found plenty in the morning but none in the evening.
>>
File: 1478617873055.png (121KB, 509x442px) Image search: [Google]
1478617873055.png
121KB, 509x442px
>Because it's cute

>Because it's cool

Does this mean anything?
>>
>>30079226
I don't think anyone knows yet how cycles are done this gen, but it's surprisingly fast. Feels faster than previous gens, anyway.

>>30079230
I think you need to use the orb, not just have it.
>>
Is there a way to easily reset EVs in SM?
>>
>>30079244
>Just lists off names
>Doesn't have a picture with you and your team
>>
>>30078746
whats mystery gift?
>>
>>30079320
How fast are we talking, roughly? A day? 12 hours? I've never bothered with breeding before.
>>
>>30079297
Serebiis calc are with SOS Pokemon + Power Item + Pokerus dumbass

SOS only gives Double EVs, it doesnt double each time.
>>
>>30079323
Berries

>>30079334
Not in this game
>>
>>30079323
The EV reducing berries are in, and supposedly there are Festival Plaza shops that sell EV reducing drinks too.
>>
>>30078832
How did you get goomy?
>>
>>30079226
>>30079342
Oh sweetie it happens in a few minutes. You naive little thing.
>>
File: 1477641337537.png (617KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
1477641337537.png
617KB, 1000x700px
I'm on route 2. How far off is the Pokémon daycare?
>>
>>30079397
Damn, those suckers get at it fast.
>>
Best early team ?
>>
Is grubbin just really fucking rare or is a time based spawn? I'm in that patch at the end of route 1, of course.
>>
>>30079393
Just found it 3 times right now looking for castform. Rain in the lush jungle.
>>
>>30079348
>Serebiis calc are with SOS Pokemon + Power Item + Pokerus dumbass
>SOS only gives Double EVs, it doesnt double each time.
You call me a dumbass, and yet you post something retarded. If it only gives double EVs then it would cap out at (2 + 4)*2*2 = 24 EVs per, and it would take 11 SOS pokemon to cap it. So no, that's not how Serebii arrived at that number.

Would you care to try again, but more civilly this time?
>>
Where's the dude who wanted to be shown an Oranguru?
>>
>>30079250
10% encounter rate if the water is rippling. If you don't get a Dhelmise just go back in the boat, out again and it should ripple again. I caught a Dhelmise on my third encounter.
>>
>>30079411
Just rare like all the other new pokemon--it's pretty lame.
>>
File: 1472335278755.jpg (167KB, 1076x609px) Image search: [Google]
1472335278755.jpg
167KB, 1076x609px
does mimikyu's disguise come back if you switch it out
>>
Ok so i went to the sun lake and got cosmog. Is there anything else to this flip flop area or can i just leave?
>>
>>30079341
pls let me know
>>
>>30079451
No. It does if you revive, though.
>>
>>30079421
Power Items now give 8 extra instead of 4.

Fucking retard.
>>
>>30079451
Nope. it's once per battle
>>
>>30079341
>>30079467
Are you 12?
>>
Do i have to wait for natural rain to get goomy?
>>
>>30079411
It's really fucking rare. It shows up on a few routes and charjabug I think is a little more common in some later areas. For this gen they took the common caterpillar early game pokemon and instead made it really rare and made its second form really strong.
>>
>>30079342
I genuinely envy you for never having experienced the life draining vortex of bike simulator 2000. It's about a minute or two to receive an egg and 5 minutes or so to hatch it when zipping about.
>>
>>30079311

pls respond
>>
>>30079443
>only early source of synchronize is Abra
>can't buy great balls yet
>everything new and interesting has low spawn rates and are more picky with natures to be decent

fucking hell, is at least the day care accessible early on?
>>
Crabrawler or Machop for early fighter?
>>
>>30079478
>Power Items now give 8 extra instead of 4.
>Fucking retard.
Do you have a source for that? Or are you going to continue to be a raging asshole who can't have a civil conversation?
>>
>>30079421
The 'power' items now do +8, not +4.

(1+9)*2*2= 36
36*7 = 252

maybe next time try reading the information instead of being an ass
>>
>>30079532
Ive had nothing but problems for finding Crabrawler
>>
>>30079520
No. I'm using a pelipper with drizzle and the fucker won't go away.
>>
>>30079421
Power Items give 8 Evs now.

Sos Pokemon Give twice the number of Evs

So If a pokemon gives 1 Ev of a certain stat, then the calculation goes (((1+8)*2)*2), because It adds the addittional 8 before doubling it because its an SOS pokemon
>>
Would someone be willing to trade me a leaf stone for an adamant natured Stuffle? I know you could just gen it, but not everyone can.
>>
>>30079525
no
>>
When's the best time to evolve pikachu?
>>
>>30079551
I have a Crabrawler right now so I wasn't sure whether or not I should swap it out for a Machop
>>
Which are the EV reducing facilities?
>>
>>30079522
It's 10%; that's not that bad.
>>
I'm resetting for Buzzswole now. Once I catch the one I want, I can leave to check the I.Vs (using in game checker), refresh my dudes, then come back to the meadow, save, then freely reset for the second right? The seconds nature doesn't lock in when I fight the first or anything?
>>
>>30079551
Check berry piles. Sometimes they're in those
>>
>>30079411
Grubbin was my first encounter on route 1 lol
>>
>>30079529
Pretty early, yeah. Heads up though, you can't breed Type: Null or Silvally :(
>>
>>30079542
>a raging asshole
Wow dude, chill out man. I was just letting you know you were a fucking dumbass for not researching this yourself. No need to be rude.
>>
Any Zygarde Cell guide?
Also, how do I change the pose of my MC? Been seeing poses in Battle Spot
>>
>>30079569
you know you can buy them at the jewelry store on the second island right?
>>
>>30079615
OH COME ON YOU COULD USE GOOGLE FOR THAT THERE ARE FUCKING TONS OF ZYGARDE GUIDES!!!
>>
I need a Pokemon with recycle, what's my best bet?

Also where can I go to do repeatable doubles battles so I can teach things with sketch?
>>
Anyone know how to access Kala'e Bay? I've been wandering around Melemele for a while confused
>>
>>30079615
How about you go look for trash instead.
>>
>>30079648
tunnel in the flower garden
>>
>>30079615
Talk to this random NPC old guy by the waste plant behind that asian city with the library
>>
>>30079648
Use ctrl+f
>>
>>30079580
Damnit. How many times did it take you to get one?
>>
What are some good natures for this lineup?

Decidueye
Vikavolt
Salazzle
Mimikyu
Hakmo-o
Lycanroc (Midnight)
>>
>>30079635
Oh, ok. Serebii said you could only get it from Poke Pelago.
>>
>>30079692
I just caught one while dicking around getting to the next place
>>
where is the team skull outfit for the boy in moon and can i get any other clothing from team skull
>>
>>30079556
could you send me a drizzle pelipper
>>
>>30079752
Just go catch one, its not like its a hidden ability or anything
>>
>>30079752
If you give me a castform
>>
>>30079609
Jesus christ you're a cunt. Did you read anything I even posted? I'm fucking TRYING TO RESEARCH THIS SHIT. There's nothing anywhere. It's not on Serebii. It's not on Smogon. it's probably buried in one of the 100+ page threads in their fucking forums. Do you blame me for not wanting to read through all that shit?

I can't even find a source for your claim that power items give 8 EVs now instead of 4. I'd love to believe it, but it's not on the internet in any place where it is easily accessible. It's not on Serebii's items page. It's not on Serebii's EV page. It's not on any of Bulbapedia's pages. But apparently I'm a dumbass for not psychically knowing this shit.

Yeah, I mad. I ask a simple fucking question and you go and make yourself into a complete asshole over it. I want to actually understand a game mechanic that changed and information isn't widely available for yet, but I'm a fucking retard for not psychically knowing everything there is to know already and asking for a source for people's claims.
>>
>>30079697
+Speed on everything
>>
>>30079805
http://serebii.net/sunmoon/evchanges.shtml
>>
>catch Wimpod
>immediately start Refresh
>heal the paralysis
>pet him three times
>give him two Rainbow Beans
>Max Affection already

Is there a catch to this or did Wimpod just want someone to care?
>>
>>30079902
Thank you. For fucks sake, was that really so hard?
>>
>>30079926
>Rainbow Beans
>>
>>30079926
It's the rainbow beans, bro. Although I'd recommend not using those sparingly on Pokemon.
>>
>>30079937
apparently so, you said you looked on serebii and couldn't find it
>>
Do you get only 1 of each Apricorn ball?
>>
>>30079971
I did look, and I couldn't, and I still can't. That site's design is a fucking mess.
>>
>>30079646
>>30079646
>>30079646
>>
>>30079947
>>30079952
So that's it. I just figured he had a lower Affection ceiling. I could have sworn I gave my other guys Rainbow Beans before and they didn't jump up in Affection level as fast. Thanks guys.
>>
>>30079986
That we know of so far.
>>
>>30079986
Yes
>>
>>30080000
snorlax
>>
pokemon calling for help is so fucking stupid. im trying to catch shit here
>>
>>30078704
>>30078704
>>30078704
>>30078704
>>30078704
>>
When I import an old save into Moon, it tells me it is corrupted. Is there a way to fix this?
>>
>>30080024
>traded my munchlax early

Fug, thanks anon, time to get another.
>>
>>30079805
>but I'm a fucking retard
Damn nigga, you made me read all that just to tell me something I already knew?
>>
What level were you after the first island?

All my guys are ~18 and the final boss had pokemon several levels below me, I killed them all in like 2 hits. I'm turning of exp share and already had the switch pokemon when a new one came in option off. The game needs something to up the difficulty. It's not like I'm really good at the game, but the enemies are such low levels.
>>
so i'm chaining poliwag right now, and a poliwhirl was just called, if i kill poliwag, will poliwhirl be able to continue the chain?
>>
>>30079646
I used wild smeargles to do so, make them call an ally if you need more than one
>>
>>30080188
if you didn't already, you could get the mystery gift one
>>
Is there any nature I should be going for with Null?
>>
is adamant a good nature for the final evolution of jangmo-o?
>>
File: 1438964013257.jpg (65KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1438964013257.jpg
65KB, 640x640px
>>30079523
>>30079397
>Get egg
>Go run around to hatch it
>Go back to the nursery to switch to a different pokemon
>They made another egg already that I have to take first
>>
I have to say the battle plaza is a fucking horrible idea compared to the quick menu from last gen. So much filler crap.
>>
>>30080125
Well if you're trying to catch shit put them asleep or paralyze them as you should anyway and boom they won't call for help.
>>
>>30080393
Asleep pokemon can still call for help. Only paralyzed pokemon stop doing it.
>>
>>30080413
Really? My bad them, I had read any status alteration did the trick.
>>
are trained pokemon at level 50 usually stronger then level 50 pokemon found in the wild, can't remember if that was true or not
>>
what level should my team be around at the fire totem? i only have 3 pokemon, but i'm attempting to catch a salandit
>>
anyone? >>30080270
im breeding them and i literally just took an egg from her, and talked to her again and she gave me another egg
>>
>>30080232

I'll do that, thanks.
Still looking for a good doubles battle spot though.
>>
What's a good nature for Wimpod?

Not sure to make him bulky or just straight up attack.
>>
>>30080247
Can someone help with this? It's stats are all equal except speed.
>>
>>30079855
I mean, I know the new mons are slow but I was hoping for natures that improve their existing attributes rather than trying to add something it doesn't have.
>>
Are there sunglasses (clothing) for my character in this game? I am fucking sick of my giant unblinking soulless anime eyes ruining cutscenes
>>
>>30080762
they sell shit looking glasses later, but I got some aviators at the first island's mall
>>
what are some decent Alolan sp.attackers that aren't Salazzle? most of my team is physical oriented and I already have fire and poison on my team. I grabbed a Sandygast but it has a shit movepool, and other than that all I have is Ribombee
>>
>>30080444
Yes, due to EVs. It also explains why trainer battles give more EXP than wild battles with pokemon of the same level.
>>
Is there anything I can use to figure out how to cover my weaknesses? There are so many god damn types and I am too tired to figure this shit out.
>>
Where's the best place to level up Pokemon in post game? Trying to get my Toxapex up to speed.
>>
will the pokebank update add dex entries for non alohan dex pokemon, such as cyndaquil
>>
>>30080810
Most of the island guardians, A-raichu, drampa, pheromosa, xurkitree, Nihilego, Celesteela, Wishiwashi, Gengar, Jolteon, Alakazam, Silvally
>>
I know that shinies show up in the pokedex as shiny if you catch them, but if you have already caught somethinng in that species is it overwritten by the shiny? Or does it stay normal.
Thread posts: 383
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.