[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>All that unnecessary bloated text cut out from things like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 1465240264325.jpg (178KB, 1024x920px) Image search: [Google]
1465240264325.jpg
178KB, 1024x920px
>All that unnecessary bloated text cut out from things like using TMs
>Menu items display immediately after switching between, for example, move descriptions
>User interface pretty much everywhere is much sharper and faster

This is the real appeal of SM. The new engine is much cleaner, and they discarded so much unnecessary dialogue from menus and things. They really started from the ground up and left a lot of shit behind that had no real purpose.

Tell me /vp/, what's your favorite quality of life improvement from SM? Mine is the removal of the "Booted up the TM" button mash fest. Now it only takes two or three presses to teach a move.
>>
>Walk up to PC
>Press A
>Already looking at boxes and organizing them
>None of that Professor DexCheck stuff, or Withdraw/Deposit which nobody ever intentionally used anyway
>DexCheck is now part of the actual Dex

I dislike the way they handled the new menus overall, but the PC fix is worth it.
>>
>>30068359
Mine is the removal of HMs. I don't even understand why did they exist in the first place.
>>
>>30068359
Not an UI improvement, but I like how fighting the E4 again has you defending the champion title.
>>
Why the hell did they remove exiting out of everything at once? I hate checking somebody's stats then pressing b a thousand times to get back to the game

what a fucking blunder
>>
>>30068359

Gen 3-6
>Pokemon wants to learn MOVE
>But it cannot learn MOVE because it already knows 4 moves
>Delete a move for MOVE?
>Yes
>Which move should be deleted?
>Delete move
>forget MOVE and learn MOVE?
>yes
>Are you sure?
>yes
>3, 2 1... poof!
>Pokemon forgot MOVE
>And learned MOVE!

>Gen 7
>Delete a move for MOVE?
>Yes
>Which move?
>Select move
>3, 2 1, poof! Pokemon learned MOVE
>>
>>30068359
>new engine
Stop this obviously wrong meme. UI elements are easy as fuck to change. Remember that one leak which showed some Alolan Mantine or something?
>>
>PC brings you straight to your boxes and cuts all the bullshit
>doesn't double ask you to make sure you don't want to learn a new move

These are my favorite things
>>
File: sitting dog.jpg (58KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
sitting dog.jpg
58KB, 500x667px
>>30068711
>Pokemon wants to learn move. learn move?
>No
>Pokemon did not learn move

Downside: Can't say "Keep old moves" by pressing B
Upside: They don't ask "Are you sure?" all the time
>>
>>30068740
This right here is why SM is my fave
>>
>>30068359
>one button press to decline learning a move
Best addition.
>>
>>30068736
They've said in interviews that it's a new engine, cockbreath. They specified that it was a new battle engine that allowed the trainer to appear in battles.
>>
Literally the only things I dislike is the fact that you can't press X to completely quit a screen anymore and the way they did switching Pokemon.
>>
>>30068590
>Mine is the removal of HMs. I don't even understand why did they exist in the first place.

Yes.

Why they weren't key items in the first place I'll never know but I'm sure as fuck glad that they're gone. Hopefully they never come back but.

>>>>Gamefreak
>>
>>30068768
That's not a downside, that's a failsafe against absent-minded B button mashing and I am grateful for it.
>>
>>30068736
>i don't know what i'm talking about
>better call it a meme xD
>>
>>30068820
Visual engine. By that they mean a simple script.
>>30068855
Sign up for the Nintendo developer program and reply when you can prove me wrong in NDA breaking details.
>>
>>30068740
Interface stuff is nice, but in game dialogue tanked HARD

Some things the trainers say just plain don't make sense, like the guy who just suddenly screams "I AM HERE" then battles you. No shit, hes here, we walked into him.

Biggest gripe though is how fucking stupid Team skull i, and not in that yo yo shit rap way, just plain stupid in their writing.

>Skull HQ
>Yo we don't let anyone in to our base, so scram
>What, you want to become a team skull member?
>Only dropouts who failed the trials can join us
>WHOA IS THAT A Z RING
>AW SHIT WE GOTTA BEAT THIS KID

If team skull is made of "Trial dropouts" then they all had fucking Z rings at one point, so why the hell does this suddenly make me an enemy? I could have been a dropout who wanted to join them for all they know.
>>
>>30068883
Yo it sounds like you got a mad bone to pick
But this thread is about sucking GameFreak's dick
>>
>User interface is better and faster
I prefer the interface (Global Link, WT, Battle, Trade, O-Power etc) of XY/ORAS, but they have improved it so much.

>Doesn't ask you twice if you want to teach a pokemon a move or not once if it levels up.
>Remove the move/withdraw/deposit/prof's PC bullshit from previous games

My main gripe with S/M is how every trainer has 1-2 pokemon MAX, even certain people like Guzma. Oh and you can't fight all trial captains after you beat them, Kiawe for Sun at Night, Mallow in Moon in the morning.
>>
File: Marlon_Rimes_2_-_Rapping_1.gif (1MB, 552x329px) Image search: [Google]
Marlon_Rimes_2_-_Rapping_1.gif
1MB, 552x329px
>>30068949
>>
I hate that there's no longer a "last used ball" option. That would be much more helpful than "whatever ball is at the top of your list." To use a quick ball, I have to press bag, press the pokeball tab, and then scroll to the bottom of the list.
>>
>>30068994
Oh shit. I've been doing a Pokeball only challenge so I didn't know about this.
>>
>>30068359
>Every menu you open takes between 1.5 and 2.5 seconds to open
>Item quantities hidden from list view, you can only confirm by selecting the item
>There are still only four basic battle commands (fight, pokemon, bag, run) yet they still require you to select and hit A with a cursor instead of just mapping each one to an instant d-pad press, and there's still one item that inexplicably requires two presses to reach (before it was run, now it's bag)
>All that empty space on the left side of the moves selection could've been used to display the move info instead of making it a separate screen, but they instead put a massive button there for the Z-moves
Pokeballs being mapped to Y is a great move but making it a left/right scroll only is retarded, they should've kept the old menu. They made some good steps forward but as always it's just baby steps while completely failing to address other issues and introducing new ones.
>>
>HM's finally, finally gone, though I'd still like to ride my own pokemon instead of random predetermined ones it's still a huge step in the right direction
>Quick and easy at-a-glance move effectiveness guide that feels very nice even for a guy who's played since gen 1 and knows the type chart by heart
>All that stuff you can quickly check mid-battle now, especially the stat increases/decreases and an actual way to visibly check accuracy and evade for the first time as far as I can remember
>Putting a pokemon you caught straight into your party
>The ease and quickness of moving around held items now
>Just a general smooth, intuitive new feel to moving around and organizing pokemon and their items in general, the to-the-point box-only PC's, all the new options there, etc

I could go on and on, but those are a few that I've loved the most so far.
>>
>>30068994
Huh? Y always defaults to your last used ball, and if that isn't the one you want you can press left or right to switch to that one.
>>
>>30068994
you can move the quick ball to the top of the bag though
>>
>>30068838
They were originally planned as key items in Gen I but I guess they thought having them be moves would be cooler. Pokeride is a good compromise.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.