[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetically, if someone were to remake FR/LG, what changes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: fire_red_sprite.gif (6KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
fire_red_sprite.gif
6KB, 128x128px
Hypothetically, if someone were to remake FR/LG, what changes would you like to see? Post-game content, new items, etc.
>>
no megas or Z moves
>>
>>30065560
New cities and areas in mainland kanto would be nice.
>>
DON'T FUCKING REMOVE THE SEVII ISLANDS

I SWEAR TO GOD GAME FREAK IF YOU DO
>>
>>30066336
I'm more than ok with removing them so long as they add johto or some other new areas instead.

I always found the sevii islands kinda boring and I've very little interest in revisiting them.
>>
>>30066740
seconded.
The thing is, there is nothing special about those islands.
>>
>>30065560
I'll only buy it if they have old mechanics, like the speed-critical hit relationship, and ghost-typing type-effectiveness. Also, I don't want happiness-evolution happening to my Chanseys and Golbats.

I want it to be a proper remake.
>>
Replace Sevii Islands with Johto.
Safari Zone now has Alolan Forms while regular variations for Pokemon like Exeggcute are found elsewhere.
Expand the dex instead of forcing my Golbat to try and evolve every fucking level only to fail because I don't have a National Dex, ultimately wasting my time, and on that note include some Pokemon who appeared in Kanto during GSCHGSS like Slugma and Houndour.
>>
Sevii Islands + E-Reader event Islands
Mt. Silver in post game
Expanded quests for the birds
National Dex from the start
>>
>>30065560
It better be a really damn good remake because otherwive I'm not playing R/B for the 334th time.
>>
It doesn't need a remake, it needs sequels that combine both old and new elements. The route layout could stay relatively same but I'd like 3-4 brand new locations. Also, for lore sake, I'd love if there will be NPCs who explain how those changes happened.
>>
>>30067011
That's not what a remake is.
What you mean is a plain remaster.
>>
File: Celadon_Game_Corner_PG.png (742KB, 848x796px) Image search: [Google]
Celadon_Game_Corner_PG.png
742KB, 848x796px
I want Kanto to be reworked from the ground up. Bring it to the landscape standard Alola has set.

Turn Celadon City into Pokémon's Las Vegas and make the Game Corner look like it did in Generations. Remember how Cerulean Cave looks in the preview? Make it look like that in game.
>>
Sevii Island now has Island Challenge like Alola and add some new cities, kinda like BW2 did and I think it'd be pretty good
>>
Orange Islands
>>
Get rid of Sevii island and replace it with something like johto or some other content.

I'm a hardcore christian first, and a pokemon trainer second
>>
>>30068074
You have to go back
>>
>>30067484
This is the only thing I could really want. Seeing the cities look like how they do in Sun and Moon would be a sight to behold, for sure.
>>
Blow up mt silver,stick a new legendary in the center of the crater. There's your post game
>>
File: both.png (88KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
both.png
88KB, 260x260px
>>30066740
>>30067127
>>
SEVII FORMES
>>
>>30065560
kanto in the G/S/C era
johto mons appear in kanto routes
sevii islands
no cutscenes
>>
>>30067127
>Expand the dex

>remake gen 1
>add all the shit that ruined Pokemon anyway

What's the fucking point of remaking gen 1 then? Just go play gen 6 or something.
>>
Scrap all the conventions we thought about Gen 1.

Actually remake it and make things look different, change up the map layouts, maybe the progression of the game is different. Do something new for once without it being the same game that we've already played a dozen times in 20 years. >>30067484, this idea is actually pretty stellar as well.
>>
>more Gen 1 remakes
Just give it a rest ffs, anyone who isn't an overly nostalgic genwunner is sick of kanto pandering
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.