[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know that drizzle pelipper completely overshadows politoad,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: Torkoal.jpg (168KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Torkoal.jpg
168KB, 1600x1200px
I know that drizzle pelipper completely overshadows politoad, but how does this guy do in comparison to ninetails and can he finally do something other then be a low tier rapid spinner
>>
>>30063524
I've been using torkoal forever and he's a proper good mon'. Drought just makes him better
>>
>>30063572
That's good to know

I also forgot about mega charizard y though considering rapid spin, and not being quad weak to rock will give him an advantage here's my idea for a loadout

>Nature bold, 252 defence, 189 special attack, 63HP
>Item heat rock
>Moves, Lava plume/fire blast, solar beam, rapid spin, and wilo wisp/clear smog (4th move will probably be Stealth rocks once move tutors are a thing again)
>>
>>30063955
Also could shell smash/eruption be viable on any moveset for torkoal
>>
>Learns Shell Smash,Stealth Rock and Rapid spin.

Pretty good but certainly not a direct upgrade from Ninetales like Pelipper is to Politoed.
>>
>>30064006
actually stealth rock is move tutor only unfortunatly, also on physical sets it gets curse, gyro ball, and stone edge, so it's more versatile but with lower stats
>>
>>30063524
Pelipper has roost.

This thing has nothing to warrant survivability.

Yes, GF did it again. They gave the advantage to Water types over anything else once more.
>>
At least you can use its pitiful special attack with strong Lava Plumes now.

at least you can fucking use the Scald equivalent on a Fire Pokemon for greater effect now.
>>
>>30064181
TBF when it comes to pokemon that can set up weather Mega charizard y does have roost
>>
>>30063955
With 248 Hp and 252 Sp Def pretty much nothing will knock it out from max HP without stat buffs

I use: Rapid Spin, Clear Smog, Stealth Rock and Will o Wisp

That set has no major offensive power but it there to pretty much ruin the first mon set in against it since I always lead with it, And it kills setups. Drought pretty much removes one weakness.

And with the set you said. I would say pick flamethrower instead of lava plume and fire blast. And if you're picking between will o wisp or clear smog go with will o wisp just to ruin anything with earthquake that switches in on you.
>>
>>30064254
Well that and free solar beams

>>30064181
Also while no healing rapid spin is probably the second best thing you would want on a sun or ice setter
>>
>>30064272
I was thinking investment in special attack for spaming solar beams and fire attacks, also considering the free doubled damage from sun being up wouldn't the added chance of burn be more practical long term, oh and how the fuck do you get a stealth rock on torkoal without move tutors
>>
>>30063955
>189 special attack, 63HP
wew
>>
>>30064400
Nah yeah I understand investing sp atk, Was just saying what I use not saying what you should use.

And no idea. Im a europoor who hasnt got a chance to touch sun and moon. been playing ORAS/Showdown
>>
Can this shit use Z-Curse to recover health?
>>
>>30064490
thought curse only recovered if you're a ghost?
>>
>>30064468
Ya it should probably flipped with HP getting more of the EV's

>>30064490
according to serebii no

>>30064551
then why doesn't have a unique buff for non ghost types
>>
>>30064551
Ah well, at least it's a nice buff to shit like Cofagrigus, Dusknoir and whatnot.
>>
>>30064859
Well not really for dusknoir since it's still outclassed by dusclops
>>
>>30064637
>Ya it should probably flipped with HP getting more of the EV's
I think the "wew" is mainly aimed at how the EVs aren't divisible by 4.
Every 4th EV in a stat is +1 to said stat.
You're also missing out on 4 EVs.
>>
>>30065706
Ah my bad I usually just stick to showdown so have a very casual knowledge of comp mechanics
>>
>>30064002
you'd have to pass a sub for that to be reliable
>>
>>30063524
He gets Eruption, which hits pretty hard if you have Trick Room and Heal Pulse/Comfey support to keep you at max HP
>>
>>30065517
Not if they have to hold a Z-Stone. In which case Noir is better.
>>
Torkoal got a horrible Dex entry.

The poor thing dies if you let the furnace inside its shell go out.
>>
>>30063524
she was made for vgc 17
trick room and instruct everywhere
spam lava plume / heat wave and eruption
>>
>>30063524
Ran him in gen4 as a lead to set and remove rocks. First time I tailored an EV spread myself to counter common leads. The pokemon really grew on me after that and now he's one of my favorite fire types.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.