[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Press F to pay respect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

These two were the remnants of the old guards. Been OU since Gen 1, with exeption of Starmie's small stint in UU for 2 months before Greninja got banned.

Now with Gengar getting Cursed Body (no more safe switch ins), and Genesect, Greninja back in OU these two will be kill
>>
I love gengar but my friends always gave me shit because i was "tryhharding" with him
>>
>>30063487
I like Gengar but fucking finally new mons get to shine
>>
Excadrill is going with them

Nobody uses it anymore.
>>
>>30063487
>Genesect, Greninja back in OU
You're an idiot if you think that's anything but temporary.
>>
Chansey/Blissey were OU since the 1st gen too.
>>
>>30063656
The power curve has gone up. They will stay because they're not most threatening anymore.
>>
>>30063678
Bliss is not OU.
>>
Also I can still see Starmie in OU with its good speed tier and typing, plus rain viable again for boosted Hydro Pumps and accurate Thunders.

>>30063737
Chansey is.
>>
>>30063639
Would Excadrill not still kick some ass if people used it again though?
Although it did depend on sandstorms to be the very best it could be.
>>
>>30063639
Pffttt
>>
>>30063696
>The power curve has gone up.
How? The only decent mon introduced by SuMo are Toxapex and Gundam Zygarde. Metagame has been the same (currently centralized around you guessed it, Aegislash again)

All 3 starters are going straight to NU.
Pseudo Kommo-o is Haxorus tier, will be UU/BL.
>>
>>30063487
is mega gengar still banned?
>>
>>30063755
Thats not one mon u dip
>>
>>30063620
>new mons get to shine
More like old, banned mons to shine. Enjoy Aegislash, Greninja, Genesect, Landorus T metagame
>>
>>30063765
You laughing because it's not true?

>Greninja ruins it's life
>Tapu Bule ruins it's life and lets Heatran run train on it
>Toxapek ruins it's life
>The Bug/Fighting UBs ruin it's life
>Landrous and Garchomp are better utility ground types than it
>>
>>30063924
Same evolution line, senpai.
Plus Blissey wasn't in 1st gen, also Eviolite raise, but in a way or another Chansey/Blissey were always in OU as the premier special wall.
>>
>>30063930
Those are all relatively new compared to 6 gens of dominance
>>
>>30063774
>Loses to stall guy
Well there's also the Tapus, the Ubs, the unbanned, and the buffed mons like Mantine and Pelipper running around.
>>
>>30063774

In fairness, with the exception of Greninja, Infernape, Blaziken and some of the Megas, has any other starter landed in a tier that is not UU at best?
>>
>>30063930
It's fine, I'll just play UU exclusively this gen. OU is turning out to be even more cancer after this gen's power creep.

Hopefully my favorite gen 7 mons end up there so I can wave goodbye to OU for good
>>
>>30064029
Swampert was good for a bit
>>
>>30064029
Swampert and Empoleon were also OU
>>
File: there's only one OU goddess.png (209KB, 1061x492px) Image search: [Google]
there's only one OU goddess.png
209KB, 1061x492px
>>
>>30063930
You're right. Gengar had the ability to check a lot of Pokemon despite it's frailty. Out predicting Aegislash, switch in on Lando and Icy Wind, resisting that fucking Genesect U-turn. Gengar really did a lot for the meta's health.
>>
>>30064093
That's two pokemon
>>
>>30063487
This is not Smogon, dude. Wrong playground.
>>
Gengar has been in BL before though.
>>
They'll both get a lot better when the two horrendously broken pieces of shit named Aegislash and Pheremosa get banned any day now. (Blunder said Aegislash was going today, Pheremosa won't last long without one of its two checks).

The tier is going to take a while to settle back down, there's a ton of shit left that will get banned down the road (Genesect, Greninja), there's things that players have to get used to playing against (rain), and there's so much thats going to just keep getting better. This time next year this will be Tapu Lele's meta.
>>
>>30063774
Dude, the only reason the metagame centralized around Aegislash is because Pheremosa is a Pokemon. Aegislash is the best Pheremosa counter. With Pheremosa gone, Aegi would probably go back to gen 6 levels - but maybe a bit worse since priority got nerfed hugely.
>>
My feelings are mixed on the whole Pheremosa thing. On one hand, it feels good that it's so great that they have to ban it. On the other, it sucks because Pheremosa isn't going to be very good in Ubers.
>>
how was Starmie ou? I missed out and never knew/noticed...
>>
File: 1418327411072.png (76KB, 331x355px) Image search: [Google]
1418327411072.png
76KB, 331x355px
>>30065852
>>
File: jKiWaHM.gif (282KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
jKiWaHM.gif
282KB, 500x360px
>>30064093
>Chansey
>Blissey
TOP LULU
>>
>>30065899
i want to fuck sona
>>
File: 1418355502914.jpg (343KB, 630x930px) Image search: [Google]
1418355502914.jpg
343KB, 630x930px
>>30065973
Same
>>
>>30064093
eviolite got nerfed, right?
will Blissey be back to the top again?
>>
>>30066026
It didn't get nerfed.
>>
>>30065852
Rapid Spin removes sneaky stones, and Starmie is one of the fastest spinners.
>>
>>30065899
>>30065966

???
>>
>>30065852
It's one of the best offensive spinners, and also has recovery.
>>
>>30065852
Back then
>Hydro Pump
>Ice Beam
>Thunderbolt
>Psychic/Recover
Hits literally and not figuratively everything for neutral

Since sneaky pebbles, add rapid spin
>>
>>30065271
>>30065342
Pheremosa and Aegi kind of balance each other now. The name of the game is whoever's Aegislash died will lose because Pheremosa on the other team will sweep.

They're both gonna get banned again
>>
>>30065342
That was the last straw for me to abandon Smogon for good.
I'm tired of they banning everything that threatens to change the power curve OU. Realistically speaking a lot of pokémon should be brought down to Ubers, not even more kicked upstairs. I doubt the unbanned pokémon will saty OU for long for that reason as well.
Pheromosa isn't even that good, it'll be mostly useless in Ubers.
>>
>>30066188
Add Recover, Natural Cure and Reflect Type to cuck Thorn/TTar.
>>
>>30066238
>brought down to Ubers
meant to say brought down from Ubers.
>>
>>30066238
Seems like we require another tier in between Uber and OU.

Not all Uber Pokemon are Uber material, for example the defensive ones, or the middling ones like Lugia, Deoxys-D, Giratina, etc to balance the broken OU shits like Greninja Genesect Pheromosa, the Genies, etc.
>>
>>30066238
The problem with Pheromosa is it's basically a faster Mega Beedrill that can go mixed and is semi-hard to predict and doesn't take a mega slot, oh it also resists sucker punch.
>252 Atk Choice Band Pheromosa U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 178-211 (52.1 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>252 Atk Adaptability Mega-Beedrill U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 170-202 (49.8 - 59.2%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

>252 Atk Absol Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Beedrill: 259-306 (95.5 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
>252 Atk Absol Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pheromosa: 136-161 (48 - 56.8%) -- 89.8% chance to 2HKO
While also surviving most Mach Punches and other priorities.
>>
>>30063487
Gengar had a brief stint out of OU as well.
>>
>>30066503
Sure, but Toxapex shits on it utterly, as do many ghost types.

I feel like Smogon is being reactionary as fuck with this. Pheromosa is a powerful pivot, but it can get destroyed pretty easily.
>>
>>30066555
>Ghosts
Ice Beam means that ghost types can't just assume that Pheremosa can't hurt them.
>>
good thing this hideous pokemon got nerfed, gengarfags have the worst taste
>>
>>30064029
Swampert and Empoleon have been OU in the past.
Serperior and Venusaur are currently OU, and Venusaur has been there for a long time (even before mega). Chesnaught is an UU staple that's not all that rare to see in ou from time to time as a physical wall.
>>
Protean Greninja isnt in game anymore.
Battle bonds not noteworthy
>>
>>30066585
It can hurt them, yeah, but if you have a ghost on your team you can potentially predict a high jump kick and make it lose 50% of its health right there unless Pheromosa is being played careful as fuck and just U-turns out constantly (losing HP from its Life Orb as well).

Mimikyu can totally shit on it with Play Rough and Shadow Sneak. Aegislash can shit on it. Pheromosa is good, but it's not broken.
>>
>>30066555
The thing is Smogon tries to keep every playstyle equally viable (It's a shitty philosophy that ends up with Stall being particularly pampered to) and Pheromosa is basically the same as Greninja. Offense gets fucked hard against it and Defensive playstyles can only do well against them with specific mons (in this case Toxapex).
I don't mind a ton of the shit that got unbanned but since Smogon tries to pamper to both the kids who stick a bunch of offensive mons in the same team and the kids who play stall then all the stuff that is extremely good against both archetypes gets banned.
>>
>>30066704
>Protean Greninja isnt in game anymore
Only VGC cares for the Pokemon being native. You can easily transfer your Protean Greninja
>>
Link to the tier list?
>>
>>30066742
You can't transfer anything until January.
>>
is eviolite Haunter viable?
>>
>>30066240
Add life orb and analytic as well, offensive starmie was huge in gens 4 and 5, it didn't just chip away at everything, absorb status and heal before switching out, it could unleash some retardedly powerful hydro pumps to punish any pokemon that dared to switch, LO boost ensured some ohkos on shit that was weak to boltbeam and knocking that last ~40% HP off blissey with psyshock.
>>
>>30067491
no
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.