[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VGC General #2 - VGC17 Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: megapika.jpg (315KB, 320x890px) Image search: [Google]
megapika.jpg
315KB, 320x890px
>W-What's this year ruleset anon?
Only Pokemon from the Aloladex are allowed.
pastebin.com/4ddvU5Ai

Yes, the Ultra Beasts are allowed

>B-But the UB are broken!
No they are not, stop being a reactionary dummy. Stop thinking things are broken just because they have one very good stat. Notice how all their other stats are below or very below average. They don't even reach 580BST.

>B-But Mega Mom and Mega Mence!
Megas are not allowed this year so that Z-Crystals and Moves can be shilled properly.

>W-What's good this year then?
Things that can be expected to be good are things that have always been good like Garchomp, Salamence, Gengar, etc. Of the new Pokemon? The most prominent are obviously the Tapus as they all have excellent typings, BST an abilities. Expect them to see them very often and to pack something agaisnt them.

Here's a few pages that have small compilations of interesting or good Pokemon or usual VGC staples.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/spoilers-early-vgc-2017-interesting-pokemon.3585002/

http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic/25458-spoilers-new-mechanics-and-viable-pokemon-for-vgc-17/

>B-But I don't know anything about doubles or VGC!
Then it's time to git gud

http://pastebin.com/Pnz1is2V
http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic/18611-article-and-resource-index/

>W-When's the earliest official event for this format?
It'll be on London between the 9 and 11 of February. It'll be the first of many International Championships.

Yes, TCPi thought it was a good idea to make a Nat-levels tourney as the first tourney of the format with less than a month for a meta to establish and for people to play the game and to breed their teams.

Not that anyone who cared wasn't theorymonning and will just inject it or playing the leak already but you know, it's still bad planning as those aren't supposed to be.
>>
Bumpin' since I don't have time to make a proper post rn and this thing looks like it's dying already
>>
>>30062798
>It'll be on London between the 9 and 11 of February
>February
You should fix that for next thread.

Also second for best Tapu.
>>
>>30064753
Yeah my bad. I just ripped it from the last general the other anon made, should be December but what the hell.

>CB Bulu
I don't think I've ever been this terrified of a offensive grass type that isn't falling back on it's dual STAB since I started playing Pokemon and that says a lot.
>>
Some team thoughts:
I'm really liking the offensive core of LO Xurkitree and CB Tapu Bulu.

Celesteela seems like a good pick too, offering ground immunity for Xurk and poison immunity for Bulu.

Alolan Ninetales is my favourite Pokemon and this is probably the only season it'll be viable in, so I really want to use it. Hail damage on my side is annoying but I think it may be worth the benefits. Xurkitree and Bulu both really enjoy buffed defenses from Aurora Veil and lowered enemy speed from Icy Wind. With Blizzard, Ninetales outspeeds and threatens both Garchomp (who outspeeds and wrecks Xurk) and Salamence (a common intimidate mon with a 4x grass resistance that can come in easily on Bulu).

After this I needed something that could resist fire, elec, and rock. Garchomp felt like a good fit. Its Dragon/Ice weaknesses would make for free switches into Ninetales and it can EQ next to Celesteela (who also covers Chomp's Fairy/Dragon weaknesses).

What I'm wondering is, what goes in the last slot? I think I need a strong Fire type, but I'm not sure what to pick. Ideally I'd put Incineroar on here, but that'd only be if it got access to its HA, and since no one has found out how to do that yet, I'm inclined to believe it'll be released through an event. In the meantime, Salazzle's caught my eye since in addition to Fire it offers Poison for killing Tapus/fairies and a fantastic support movepool. But it's so frail and other than Specs, I've already assigned the good damage-boosting items to Xurk and Bulu. Expert Belt maybe? Or is there a better choice for this team slot?
>>
novice player here

post teams so i can use them pls

or link me to a good teambuilding tutorial, the ones i've seen have not worked so far
>>
>>30064753
>>30064894
I was thinking about AV Mudsdale + Beat Up Whimsicott being a fun gimmick ('Cott can support it further with Light Screen and even Trick Room) but I just ran the calcs and even at +4 Defense, the horse can't stand up to Bulu, it's a guaranteed 2HKO. I'm so happy my favourite Tapu turned out to be such a beast.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.