[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do humans eat Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1476891586091.jpg (36KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1476891586091.jpg
36KB, 512x512px
>>
>>30058039
everyone is a vegan in the pokemon world
>>
>>30058039
yes, the slowpoke tail being one
>>
>>30058039
I don't see why they wouldn't. Miltanks are seen being farmed frequently, so probably.
>>
It's been confirmed multiple times that at the very least we eat fish Pokémon. Land Pokémon I'm not so sure about.

But Basculin and Magikarp Pokedex entries confirm they are eaten as food, they mention that Pokémon eat other Pokémon in Sun and Moon at least once, the books in the library in Sinnoh refer to eating Pokémon.

We definitely eat them. Which is fine, we eat animals in real life too.

The only difference is that we have a very distinct mental divide between 'companion' animals like dogs, cats and horses and 'food' animals, and all Pokémon are also the former.
>>
>>30058039
I like to think that there's a super strict religious order of butchers and harvesters that humanely kill Pokemon.
Chefs who cook Pokemon are a brother group who are extremely well trained and disciplined and takes a lot of years to complete your training.
>>
>>30058323
Yeah but Pokemon are human tier intellect. Even the smartest animals like whales have the mental capacity
of human toddlers. I always thought there was a strict divide between the show, manga and spinoff games from the mainline Pokemon games where mainline Pokemon outside of legendaries were dumb. But then there's Rotom who is canonically smart, makes jokes and teases you. If Rotom was replaced with a human talking to you over a radio it would be the same.
>>
>>30058424
To be fair Rotom is also the Pokémon that can inhabit a television. Of course he can absorb all sorts of cultural references, clichés and figures of speech.

Pokémon intelligence is pretty varied from species to species. Alakazam has its 5000 IQ, Lapras and Lucario are both able to understand human language, and then there's also Slowpoke and Indoor and such.
>>
Depends which canon. It is my impression that the creators of the series initially had no issue with humans eating Pokemon, but as they tried to push the friendship aspect of the games over the collect-a-thon aspect, they didn't want kids thinking about eating their friends.

I like to imagine that most people in the Pokemon world are mostly lacto-ovo vegetarian. Slowpoketails being the outlier, maybe they figure it's ethical to eat those because they grow back and would go to waste otherwise.
>>
>>30058479
5000iq Alakazam is just bullshit pokedex shit like mountain eating mons.
Also I'm pretty sure every all Pokemon understand human. I like to think they understand language via voice tone like an alien from a show I watched a while back.
>>
>>30058039

Depends.

On one hand, there is mention of frequently eating Pokemon, or rather Pokemon based products. There's also plenty of referencing to Pokemon eating each other in dex entries.

On the other hand, there's constant references to just plain old real world animals in Pokedex entries and in conversations, and on multiple occasions in the early anime we see regular old insects and real world fish numerous times. There was even a book back when the series first started that stated that Pokemon and Animals aren't actually the same thing.
On top of that, they need to get all of their Pokemon classifications from somewhere.
Take Slowbro. It's classified as a "Hermit Crab Pokemon" in the Pokedex.
How do you classify it as a hermit crab Pokemon, if no hermit crabs exist in universe?
Or how about the series mascot, Pikachu? It's classified as a "Mouse" Pokemon. In order to give it that classification, they'd need to know about mice.

I think it pretty much amounts to "Most Pokemon aren't okay to eat. Except for this group of 20 or so over here, because they happen to be retarded"
Like, people may be fine eating a magikarp since it's largely considered to be worthless fodder, but would be appalled and probably call the local Jenny to hall you away if you offered them a roasted pikachu or an eevee kebab.

Things like Milktank milk or Tropius fruits are most likely seen as acceptable since these are things that the Pokemon 'Give' to humans.
>>
I wanna eat Glaceon's puss puss
>>
>>30058039
In at least one of the mangas, there are regular animals like fish right alongside regular pokemon. Crowded ecosystem, but meh.

So depends on what cannon you follow I guess.
>>
dumb glaceonposter
>>
>>30060806
Was it recent?
There were regular fish in the first ep of OG Pokemon show
>>
File: 1465533642927 (1).png (173KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
1465533642927 (1).png
173KB, 500x465px
>>30060926
What's wrong newfriend?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.