[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Rental Pokémon that show up out of nowhere in place of HMs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: pokemongens.png (384KB, 860x1334px) Image search: [Google]
pokemongens.png
384KB, 860x1334px
>Rental Pokémon that show up out of nowhere in place of HMs
>can never change it so you use your own Pokémon instead of rental ones

How could they fuck up this bad? The idea you don't get to use Pokémon you've bonded with for the tasks you use rental ones is extremely stupid. I guess I should have expected that, since it's Game Freak.

Would it be too hard to make those HM abilities (Surf, Strength etc) be out-of-battle abilities for the Pokémon you have in your party or CPU, meaning you wouldn't have to delete battle skills to use them?

Now we have to ride generic Tauros, generic Lapras etc. Can't wait for the excuses the Game Freak shills will make this time.
>>
>>30056928
no one really cares
>>
They would have to animate walking and running for every single pokemon that can learn those moves, which you might not realize is a metric shit tonne of work.
>>
>>30056928
The real fuck up was not spreading the ridemons out better. We really did not need 3 of them to be Kanto Mons.
>>
>>30056928
Pokestar studios did this so well
>>
>>30056970
>I speak for everyone
>>
>>30056928
As opposed to this generic bird shape for flying? Or a big black blob for surfing?
>>
>>30056973

You do realize they don't actually have 800+ unique animated models, right? You do know that they're basically 80 or so animated models with different skins and some tweaks here and there, right? They could literally copy, paste and tweak some battle animations for 'overworld' movement, for most Pokémon.

People do crazier shit in games with 1/10th of the budget of a single Pokémon game. Game Freak is just lazy.
>>
>>30056973
This, basically.
Also I can imagine certain Pokemon being difficult to ride. Like babymons.

I can imagine them MAYBE doing it in the future when it's easier, but not now. And if they do it would be for fully evolved or at least large Pokemon.
>>
>>30057036

At least they gave you the illusion that you were using your own Pokémon friends to travel around, instead of renting shit.

>>30057069

Why would you ride a babymon when they're small as fuck? Be reasonable, of course you wouldn't be able to ride them and no one would want to.

When will it ever be easier to animate stuff, by the way? It's not like things get simpler.
>>
>>30057008
Pokestar let you use your own after you cleared it with the rental first. And that is because they were meant to be puzzles solved using the rental specifically.
>>
>>30057098
>no one would want to
I know for a fact that /vp/ would bitch about not being able to ride every Pokemon in the game.
And I'd imagine coding gets somewhat easier over time, or something.
Either that or it's never going to happen so there's no point in bitching
>>
>>30056928

722-802 = only 80 new Pokémon.

Disappointing.
>>
File: 15_1.png (453KB, 538x749px) Image search: [Google]
15_1.png
453KB, 538x749px
>>30057059
>You do realize they don't actually have 800+ unique animated models, right?
>>
>>30057098
>At least they gave you the illusion that you were using your own Pokémon friends to travel around

No, they really didn't.
>>
File: coffehonedge.png (113KB, 549x669px) Image search: [Google]
coffehonedge.png
113KB, 549x669px
>>30057170
Honestly I just don't care enough to be mad.

I mean I kinda get why they're slowing down, we're 198 mons away till 1000, so they want to slow that down as possible.
I'd imagine we'll hit it at gen 9.
>>
>>30057199
I can't breath oh God
>>
I'll take anything over having five Pokemon I like and one mongoloid I drag around to open doors.
>>
>>30057343
Do you have any examples of re-used skeletons?
I legitimately want to know more about this.
>>
>>30057170
Alolan forms should count as new pokemon. They're mechanically different.
>>
>>30057348
This.
>>
>>30058874
And design-wise they're different too. Except maybe Alolan Diglett and Geodude lines. Fuck them.
>>
>>30057059
This.
>>
>>30057170
And 20 of them are legendaries or UBs
>>
>>30058874
>same Dex number
>same BST
>you can breed both from one Pokemon

Nope
>>
>>30060129
>Different types
>Different stat allocations
>Have to use/not use an Everstone to breed both from same parent

Yep
>>
>>30060154
We've had forms with different types and stat allocations many times before. But the Dex number always kept them the same.

There's no other reason to change the rules for Regional Variants besides being salty Alola only has 81 Mons. And GaneFreak has never called them new pokemon
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.