[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many deaths did you have in the run? How many close calls?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: 1476702033077.jpg (53KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476702033077.jpg
53KB, 400x400px
How many deaths did you have in the run? How many close calls?
>>
just beat Sophocles' trial

no whiteouts yet, but very close calls on the Wishiwashi totem and Lurantis totem.

Wishiwashi called an Alomamola that kept using helping hand and heal pulse oh my god that was a fucking nightmare
>>
>>30055095
Died once on champion, came close on the teacher with magnemite/meowth. Was never below 2 healthy pokemon otherwise.
>>
A fucking NPC wiped me out
>>
Illina fucking killed me because I was not expecting his Smeargle to know water gun
>>
Hala's battle made me come REALLY close.
>>
File: wojackooo.jpg (114KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
wojackooo.jpg
114KB, 1080x720px
>>30055095
Did 9 times so far and almost every battle is a close call.
>>
on the fourth island

had no whiteouts, only fainted pokemon have been from stupid enemy Z-moves
>>
I lost to Hala and alien Lusamine twice
>>
>>30055095
I very nearly got swept by Sina's Glaceon
>>
No wipe outs, except battle tree (of course)

Even blue was ez with half my team fainted on route to them
>>
I lost a couple times, but It was mainly because I thought using the EXP Share would make it too easy.
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 239x210px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 239x210px
Anyone know where to find the International police people after talking to them at the Route 8 hotel?
>>
Almost lost to Ilima and his dumb Smeargle

lost twice to old lady with Carbink because I only had Torracat and Charjabug

lost once against totem salandit because my only possible counter (Mareanie) was horribly underleveled

I was playing with the EXP share on the entire time too. Easily harder than gen 6 and gen 5.
>>
File: 1454811989357.png (144KB, 407x374px) Image search: [Google]
1454811989357.png
144KB, 407x374px
>Wishiwashi gave me trouble until it used Soak on my Steenee
>Summoned Trumbeak nearly ruined me thanks to Pluck messing up my bug type
>Vikavolt + Charjabug and Mimikyu forced me into Revive spamming and sacrificial lambs to defeat
I haven't gotten wiped, but this is the most trouble I've had with a Pokemon game since my first ever Pokemon Yellow run, it's also the most fun I've had playing Pokemon, period. I was not expecting Totem Mimikyu to be so powerful
>T. Mimikyu being a hardhitting tank
>"I'll poison it with Toxic!"
>Totem Mimikyu ate it's Lum Berry!
>Summoned Haunter used Hypnosis!
>>
I lost to the the totem Lurantis because I wanted to drag the battle out and let my salandit faint. I'd been selling all my revives to buy more clothing, and then it brought in a castform that set up sunny day. After losing, I came back immediately and won in a single turn with the fire Z-move, which is exactly the type of victory I didn't want.
>>
>>30056759
EXP share does make it too easy though.
>>
>>30056827
I've been leaving the EXP share on, but only because I completely swap out my team every two routes or so. Super fun getting to try out all the new mons that way.
>>
File: 0ef.jpg (78KB, 540x804px) Image search: [Google]
0ef.jpg
78KB, 540x804px
I lost to fucking Hau's alolan raichu after the aether visit. If I'd evolved wimpod before it would've been an easy win. I've never felt this shitty while playing pokemon. Other than that, only blacked out at olivia.
>>
>>30056855
Huh, not a bad idea. I've kept it off and have somehow remained a bit overleveled for everything but kahunas, but I've been keeping my team consistent.
>>
Almost to the second kahuna battle. None yet but I had a close call with Salazzle.
>team consisted of Dartrix, Charjabug, Diglett, Grimer, Makihuta, and Wishiwashi
>obviously the first 3 were not going to be of help and Wishiwashi was below level 20 aka useless
>was planning on Thick Fat tanking with Makuhita and spamming Force Palm until I got paralyze hax
>Toxic + Venoshock with the ally Pokemon rekt Makuhita before it could do anything
>Diglett didn't even stand a chance. Salazzle 2fast
>Grimer had to do all the damn work
>good thing I had extra Pokemon to suicide heal with
>>
Twice surprisingly.

A Carbink near the ranch swept my team. And Hau's A-Raichu just Pychic'd my slow team to death.
>>
>>30055095
None so far. Team is Dartrix, Alolan Raichu, Slowpoke, Snorlax, Passimian, Alolan Persian.

Want to go back and get a Cubone to get an Alolan Marowak to replace Persian though.
>>
>>30055095
died once to elite 4 because I ran out of healing items.
>>
>>30055095
Beat the 7 trials.
Many close call.. random trainer with miltank, toptrainer with Z move, or just the lack of healing in general putting me in though spot.

I think i will finish the game with no blackout, i am playing with multi exp off.
>>
I should've wiped three or so times (Olivia, Totem Mimikyu, and Hapu) but I reset before dying. I'm sure those instances would've been unsalvagable without revive spamming.

Pretty much every trainer battle results in one or two pokemon heavily crippled. Totem battles tends to result in 3 pokemon fainting trying to debuff the Totem while the other 3 finish it off.

Praise you Passimian you Rock Tomb spamming monkey.
>>
1 [fuckin wishiwashi]
>>
File: 1479344654825.jpg (21KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1479344654825.jpg
21KB, 225x225px
Haven't lost yet xd
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>30055095
Kapu's Mudsdale. The fucker's stamina was too much for underleveled Rick Harrison to handle. Now he took me to the league.
>I'm Rick Harrison and this is my Pokémon league. I work here with my trainer Anon and my sidekick Dedidueye. Everything in here has STAB and a Pokéball. But if there's one thing I've learned after 21 battles, you never know WHAT POKÉMON IS COMING THEOUGH THAT DOOR
>>
File: cubone.jpg (411KB, 1113x789px) Image search: [Google]
cubone.jpg
411KB, 1113x789px
Once on Lurantis and a very close call on Hapu.

and three times on champion, fuck you cuckui
>>
>>30055095
Never had a single white out, but came damn close to it during Acerola's trial. Had to end up Toxic stalling Mimikyu by spamming potions on Salazzle.
>>
Whited out twice so far.
Totem Salazzle cause i thought she would stop summoning salandits but her harem seems infinite. focused her next time and it went better.

Lots of close calls mainly cause im too lazy to run back to the pokecenter too many times.

And then came fucking Hau and alola raichu who ohkoed my entire party cause i have nothing to resist electric or psychic. I dont even know what his second pokemon is.
>>
>>30055095
1 wipe to Xurkitree because after 1 boost it blew my other 5 pokemon away before I could catch it.
1 Near wipe to Totem Mimikyuu
1 Near wipe to Hau's Raichu
1 Near wipe to Nanu's Absol critting 5 times in a row

Totem Mimikyuu was some real shit, it one hit killed 4 of my pokemon and the other 2 got sleep put on instantly. I only made out thanks to a 1 turn sleep on my last pokemon.
>>
File: 1396584864255.png (26KB, 348x317px) Image search: [Google]
1396584864255.png
26KB, 348x317px
>>30056814
>gonna wipe the fucker out with +2 Z-Move
>forget about its ability
>Haunter sleeps/nightshades me to death
>>
>>30055095
I ran mono grass and this fucking Smeargle with Ember which burns on turn 1 messed me up once.
So did Sina's fuccboi Glaceon and its Icy Wind. Had to teach Dartrix Light Screen to get past it but somehow after one Icy wind which Dartrix tanked despite being x4 weak to it it ended up spamming Quick Attack, go figure.
>>
>>30055095
Didn't wipe out once

Totem Lunatris was pretty tough though, thought it would be an easy tank & sweep with Dartrix but then Castform OHKOed me with Fire type Weather Ball

E4 and Champion were also decently challenging, came in underleveled due to never using Exp Share
>>
So is the game actually somewhat challenging by design, or only if you play with exp share off?
>>
>>30059369
only if you play with exp share off imo
>>
I played with EXP Share off and I died twice against Totem Lurantis.
>>
>>30058589
Just finished the game.. no blackout the elite 4 was pretty tough a well made for the most part.

The game is amazing
>>
>>30055095
IIima wiped me with his Leafage Smeargle like, twice. Totem Lurantis like four times, and Hau's Raichu once. I wasn't prepared.
>>
>>30059369
Either, really. If you fight all the trainers, catch everything in sight and keep the Exp Share on, you'll obviously be overleveled, but if you turn it on and off periodically, or don't fight everything, you'll be fine.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.