[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy fuck, I actually lost a battle in-game, despite a massive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-Lurantis.png (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Lurantis.png
38KB, 250x250px
Holy fuck, I actually lost a battle in-game, despite a massive type advantage, and had to adapt and be clever about how I was going to win for once. These Totem mons are srs business.

Do you guys consider these games at least harder than gen 6?
>>
>>30048604
LEER + PHYSICAL MOVE

Totems cannot switch thus you can stat nerf them to oblivion.
>>
>>30048604
>Do you guys consider these games at least harder than gen 6?

I consider them as hard as Gen 4 desu.
>>
Probably the hardest pokemon games desu senpai
>>
>>30048604
yeah dude i lost a nuzlocke to this guy. why the fuck does 4x flying and fire moves barely 3HKO when we are the same level and why would they give it fucking sun support
>>
>>30048630
Intimidate Gyarados, Metal Sound Magnemite, and Charm Mimikyu were amazing for that reason.
>>
>>30048630
Yeah I only managed to beat Wishiwashi thanks to Cottonee's Leech Seed and Stun Spore. Everything else would have been fucked by those rain-boosted stab water moves

>>30048636
>>30048664
I'm honestly fucking loving it. I mean, Lurantis was frustrating, but the fact that I actually have to try and not "just spam X supereffective move to win xD" is great.
>>
>>30048672
>4x flying and fire moves
2x. Its pure grass, despite the look.
>>
>>30048672
For synthesis/solar blade spam
>>
>>30048672
>STAB Solar Blade
>White Herb
>Synthesis
>Sun + Weather Ball support
>that bluk

This one was fucking brutal.
>>
>>30048604
It's great.
I feel that Game Freak has finally listened to the fans, and given us an actual challenge for once.

I can't wait for it to be taken away in Gen 8 and replaced with Gyms again.
>>
>>30048604
Anyone who says they aren't harder than gen 6 is either so underage they weren't old enough to play them or is a memeing retard.

The level of difficulty is very reasonable considering how much stronger you are, with access to powerful TMs and battle items early in the game and even xp share. If you skip all optional battles and only catch pokemon you intend to use, you won't be overleveled even with the share on.

Easily the hardest game to nuzlocke. Probably the overall hardest game since DPP IMO. It's the first game to actually kill me in a full battle since then. Sometimes I'd die to being greedy with healing items or getting random crit'd, but Kukui beat me fair and square once.
>>
>>30048888
I'd rather the totem challenges remain in Alola desu. It feels unique, special, and comfy as fuck.
>>
>>30048893
I was really worried at first because of the 2 hours of handholding and being given the retardedly broken gen 6 exp share so early. I can honestly say I'm pleasantly surprised and happy to be proven wrong
>>
>>30048604
This plus castform was a nightmare. I wasn't prepared.
>>
>>30048893
With exp share off you'll be underleveled towards the last island even if you fight every trainer. And the gap will keep widening.

Fighting the league underleveled was pretty brutal.
>>
>>30049131
Yup, only reason I was able to beat the league was bulk up cheese with Incineroar. I play no items in battle and no XP share, all of my pokemon were in the low 50s in the champion fight except my archeops which was actually on par levelwise because I always used him as my lead with U-Turn.
>>
>>30049131
And after the League the gap becomes unbearable, especially when you face Red and Blue.
>>
>>30048604
I didn't lose, but I was very close. I didn't expect it to be holding a power herb.
>>
>>30049131
I turned the EXP share on for a short while just because all of my pokemon were so underleved for the area.
>>
>>30048604
I beat it by spamming Dragon Rage at it with Salandit after paralyzing it.

The Totem Pokemon are honestly a great idea, I hope to see the concept in future games.
>>
>>30048893
Even trainers for the most part feel threatening than XY.

>Hala's fast crit-hacking Mankey and Z-Move Power up Punch Crabrawler
>the first Hau fight on the third island
>Dexio's Espeon (pain in the ass without a Dark type)
>Type: Null doing high damage with fucking Tackle

It's not Romhack-tier hard but it's above XYORAS at the very least.
>>
>>30048604
I OHKO'd it with Inferno Overdrive.
>>
>>30050731
I just waited until Sun was up then Salandit nailed it with Inferno Overdrive. Tried paralyzing it the first time when things were going south but Leaf Guard cockblocked it.
>>
>>30048604
>Do you guys consider these games at least harder than gen 6?

Easily. The E4 is a decent challenge too, they finally went back to having 5 mons and even WITH the exp share on the entire game they were equal and greater to my team's levels.

I'm glad they finally unfucked the difficulty in this series. Gen 6 was ridiculous.
>>
>>30050881
With which Poke? My Torracat did barely over half with it.
>>
ONE boss fight once per 4 hours doesn't make the games suddenly hard. The level is still stupidly low for everything else, and trainers STILL have only one fucking Pokemon each.

Aside from that the most difficult aspect of these fights so far is dealing with the frame rate.
>>
>>30050731
I think the totem/trials should stay Alola only but I really like them replacing gyms with other challenging fights.

The mixture of captains, kahunas, totems, villains and the league was far more enjoyable than doing the same old shit.
>>
>>30050873
>the first Hau fight on the third island

Literally this. I was not expecting Alolan Raichu to kill half my team with psychic. When I lost, I was like fuck, gotta start again, but nope, the game just kept going.
>>
>>30050915
>4 hours in between totems

yeah, I know why you think they're easy mister battle every trainer and catch every pokemon on every route before proceeding.
>>
>>30050873
>Playing for fun on Moon.
>Sina's Glaceon OHKO a few of my pokémon.
>Playing Sun with a monotype chosen at random.
>Dark. Dexio's challenge was just pressing Bite.
>>
>>30050977
If you actually consider these fights hard you're probably a ten years old who needs the in-game type effectiveness hint to even get through the game.
>>
>>30049047
Totems, yes, but I personally wouldn't say no to something other than Gyms in future games.

The Island Challenge actually feels ingrained into the story, whereas Gyms have always felt like an afterthought to me. They're just sort of... there.
>>
>>30050915
>The level is still stupidly low for everything else

In what RPG are trash mobs challenging?

Hint: SMT is not a standard for difficulty, it's an outlier.
>>
>>30048604
>Do you guys consider these games at least harder than gen 6
not really a hard achievement, but some hard fights came out of nowhere in this game and I loved it
>>
Mfw I got swept by a metal claw diglett who got an attack boost first turn. And that's a route 3 regular trainer lol
>>
It wiped my team the first time, so I went back in after giving my Dartrix a Sharp Beak and using a Dire Hit.
First time I've ever felt the need to use one of those things.
>>
Do the wild pokemon seem unusually strong compared to previous gens too?
>>
>>30051664
Not sure about strong but they are a fucking pain in the ass because of the calling mechanic and the fact that almost all the new pokemon are snails so it's harder to run from them.
>>
>>30051664
They are, especially early game. Grimer/Magnemite/raticate/diglett/drifloon are fucking brutal
>>
I turned the EXP Share off for the end of the Aether raid and the Mom fight, now my team is underleveled forever.
>>
>>30051765
>running from new Pokemon
>when most of them only have a 5% encounter rate
>when you're unlikely to see more than one of each new mon in the wild per playthrough
>not wanting to catch them all
MODS
>>
>>30051821
You're forgetting about the fact that 90% of the time you're just going to run into some gen 1 shitmon you've already used a billion times.
>>
>>30048604
Are you me? This thing shit on me too.
I had to debuff it like mad and NOT kill the first ally in order to kill it.
>>
I just spammed poison fang from Grimer until it died then finished the job with Dartrix. Badly poisoned damage increasing every turn is awesome
>>
>A thread talking about difficulty
>A thread with almost everybody saying the difficulty is high as far as mainline pokemon games go
>A thread with people saying it compares to or even surpasses Platinum in terms of difficulty
>Nobody has came in yet saying 'lol git gud i went through the game and was 15 levels lower than everything most of the time and didn't even lose a single pokemon'

What the fuck is going on?
I wouldn't expect threads like this to be the norm though, eventually the contrarians will lose their shit and start claiming it's the easiest game in the series or something.

I too felt the game difficulty was quite good.

If I can get a small critique though, I'd say the difficulty for random trainers and what not was fairly low for the most part.
I know everybody loves shitting on gen 6, but X&Y had some very very scary regular trainer battles, especially if you were nuzlocking the game.

Double furfrou, early fairly high level kadabra, any Sawk/Hawlucha trainer, Mr Mime + Machoke double battle, Duoblade trainer etc to name a few.

I didn't really see anything like that in this game.
The difficulty really shined in the totem battles, kahuna's, and hell, even the elite 4 was harder than usual for me. Maybe I'm alone in thinking that but I can't remember an elite 4 giving me such a run for my money in any gen.

Exp share this time around was also well balanced, so much so that even if you leave it on you will not be too overleveled at all.

I know this for an absolute fact because I didn't turn exp share off at all and my team level at the end was 57. That's literally the same level as the champions pokemon.

I've played through the game twice now already and it's been a blast, difficulty remained consistently good even on my second playthrough.
>>
File: 1459262176738.jpg (116KB, 555x574px) Image search: [Google]
1459262176738.jpg
116KB, 555x574px
>>30052140
>blogposting
>What the fuck is going on?
>I wouldn't expect threads like this to be the norm though, eventually the contrarians will lose their shit and start claiming it's the easiest game in the series or something
you asked for it
maybe next time you shouldn't bring up things you supposely don't want to see
>>
>>30052257
>Discussing things directly related to the thread is blog posting
That's not how it works.
>>
File: 1437701660520.png (545KB, 422x593px) Image search: [Google]
1437701660520.png
545KB, 422x593px
>Pikachu paralyzed Wishiwashi
>Swap him out with Petilil
>Petilil then begins to handle his bitch ass
>mfw

Dude that was the most JRPG thing I've seen all year. A little tiny caster girl taking on the god of the sea.
>>
I gotta be honest, I cheesed the first totem and won easily. I literally just had my gastly use curse and then chipped at it with litten. I'm not gonna use that strategy again because it just makes it way too easy.
>>
>>30048698
>xD
>>
>>30048893
Currently Nuzlocking, and I already lost my Pikipek at the trainers school. Granted, it was bad luck in my part, but these games are much harder than Gen 6. The wild Pokémon calling for help has nearly killed multiple times, as I can never run away.
>>
I honestly don't think nuzlockes in s/m would be too fun, specifically because of z-moves. Unless you grind a shit ton, you're going to lose so many pokemon to random z-moves that have 150-200+ base power.
>>
gonna buy a gen 7 game soon, glad i skipped gen 6, sounds like the bosses are fun much like in the gamecube games
>>
When does this difficulty spike happen? Im breezing through this, the one thing that gave me trouble was Ilimas Smeargle
>>
>>30048711
Best camo, it fooled a human with access to all its info.
>>
>>30053208
Mind sharing your location, team, and your levels?
>>
>>30050954
Yeah. I think they should keep the idea, but change up the flavor like they did with Pokemon Amie.

Making gym battles more than just "Beat me" could be fun. But then again my favorite pokemon games are the Orre games so I'm always itchinf for a change of pace.
>>
>>30053301
Heading to Route 5. Rockruff 15, Mudbray 16, Torracat 19, Grubbin 17. Im about ready to turn off EXP Share, making my starter overleveled.
>>
>>30053481
I'm about there as well. From what I've heard, the next trials are pretty challenging. Also, good call on the exp share. I'd keep it off for a while to keep your levels down.
>>
>>30053616
Don't keep it off for too long.,
The game is actually balanced with it in mind come endgame. I'd at least turn it on before a trial.

it's unlike X and Y in that it actually expects you to use XP share and scales the game to it.
>>
>>30048775
Did I get easy mode? All it summoned for me was a Trumbeak. Wasn't super bad, I did have to evolve my Cutiefly to beat it though.
>>
>>30054027
>overleveling your pokemon to beat it
yeah, no wonder it isnt a challenge

I'm about to face Olivia and I just evolved my Cutiefly
>>
>>30048604
Thus far

Totem Wishwashi > Totem Salazzle >>> Totem Gumshoos >= Totem Lurantis

To be fair to Totem Lurantis, it's not its fault that my Cutiefly evolved into Ribombee and got a retardedly overpowered Bug-type move right before the trial. But that's how it goes.
>>
Yes. Even with EXP share on, I never got too overleveled, and the Totem Pokemon gave me a run for my money, with two of them almost wiping me

Also probably because my team was shit, but I got swept by an Ultra Beast

Gen 7 feels like a proper challenge
>>
>>30051617
It nearly killed me the first time too. Gotta say, I've never gotten so much usage out of X items as I have in this game
>>
>>30053208
I'd say around the second island. To me, the Salazzle trial is where the spike is, and it remains fairly high.
>>
File: 1454698912450.jpg (81KB, 554x390px) Image search: [Google]
1454698912450.jpg
81KB, 554x390px
>>30048775
The White Herb caught me offguard because I thought that it'd fucked up and used Solar Blade while the sun was down on accident. And then it fucking murdered me.

>MFW
>>
>>30049081
>castform
fucking what kind of boss fight summons randoms?

lurantis went down in two hits for me but vikavolt dropped 3 of my mons.
>>
Currently playing as a male character and it feels so wierd like I'm some little gay feminine boy, but I don't want to restart and playing as a 12 year old girl is also really wierd but I'm on 4chan so this is probably the wrong place to post this.
>>
Totem Wishiwashi was a motherfucker
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.