[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about SubToxic Aegislash. I wasn't around for it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: Aegislash.png (62KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Aegislash.png
62KB, 250x250px
Tell me about SubToxic Aegislash. I wasn't around for it.
>>
Go check out Smogon's gen7 OU beta and you'll run into it yourself eventually.

Aegislash is running the S/M meta while also holding it together.
>>
It's getting banned on Sunday or Monday though so you might miss it again.
>>
>>30041216
How can one mon be so based?
>>
>>30041254
Having the same effective BST as Arceus helps.
>>
>>30041254
Based like a mob boss
>>
>>30041242

source?
>>
>>30041299
OU TL's chatting on Smogtours.

It's obviously sticking around for VGC (If you can catch it in Alola? I don't even know).
>>
>>30041347
What else is getting banned?
I assume Roach is obvious but anything else?
>>
>>30041459
Pheromosa and Aegislash are the only ones you can be 100% sure about.

Lando-I is a likely suspect but it's not really super impressive right now.

Besides that who knows, it's hard to see what is busted because of Aegislash cockblocking everything.
>>
>>30041514
Genesect will be banned.
>>
>>30041524
Forgot about Genesect, him too yeah.
>>
>>30041524
Genesect will stick around for a little while since it doesn't seem busted with Pheromosa around
>>
>>30040660
It's basically what it sounds like. For months people only used Aegislash in the obvious way; attack, shield, attack, shield. Then another set became popular, which was toxic/sub/shield/coverage. With Leftovers, very few things could break through it, plus its typing, huge defence and king's shield's drops meant it completely walled a huge number of Pokémon. Realistically speaking, how many things can you think of that can break its substitute, don't care about KS's attack drops, and also don't mind being poisoned?
Smogon also take into consideration the fact that the offensive set was still viable, so you don't even know for sure that you can just taunt it and completely stop it being a problem.
>>
How the fuck is it getting banned on the second day of the Sun/Moon meta? The meta just begun.
>>
>>30041641
Because it's extremely obvious it's stifling any growth of the meta.

The meta is already 100% certainly going to be Pheromosa+Aegi and 4 other dudes, the first two warp everything around them.

So banning them both this early is fine unless you want to arbitrarily waste a month for the sake of 'testing'.

You could argue Aegislash being brought down from Ubers was stupid in the first place, or that too few other Mons got brought down with it.
>>
>>30041610

And that's even ignoring the fact that it can run both physical or special sets so you're left with even bigger gamble on whether your current pokemon can take a hit.
>>
>>30041706
I think it was extremely stupid to bring Aegislash back. It's a mon with base 150 offenses and an incredible typing that switches in with base 150 defenses.
>>
Why are ghost bros so based? Although tbqh GF did nerf the wrong ghost...
>>
Pheremosa is paper frail, it's not getting banned,
>>
>>30041923
it has U-Turn and can't be revenge killed if Psychic Terrain is up because of its Speed.
>>
>>30041923
It's faster than Deo-A.
>>
>>30042006
It has 40 something base offenses.
>>
>>30041254
It's not. I bitched it with a Crawdaunt plus a slew of other mons. Retards just don't know how to compose proper teams. That's why everything except legendaries get banned. It's butthurt.
>>
>>30042006
its faster by 1 point
and has 43 less offense and a shitty move pool
>>
>>30041514
Does it seem like Greninja will be banned again?
>>
>>30042062
>its faster by 1 point
Which still means it goes first, fucking braindead shitfuck.
>>
>>30042136
He never said it didn't you fucking retard.
>>
>>30042062
>Fighting, Ice, Poison, U-Turn
>bad
>>
>>30042539
Trying to mitigate the difference when that one point decides the all-or-nothing speed battle is pedantic and outright fucking retarded.
>>
>>30041276
Can we stop this stupid meme? In attack form it's essentially a slow Deoxys, nowhere near 720 BST.
>>
>>30042026
It has 137 base offenses.

And a great movepool.
>>
>>30042833
As long as you King's Shield correctly, Aegislash effectively has 60/150/150/150/150/60 stats
>>
>>30041815
Gotta wonder why they gave Aegislash that monstrous special attack as well, its pre-evos were physical attackers and its a sword, so having a low SpA would have made sense.
>>
>>30043779
The sad thing is it's prolly because some guy at Gamefreak wanted its stat spread to look asthetically pleasing. Instead all it did is make the sword fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>30042833
>alternate attacking and King's Shield
>if you're slower you get the benefits of both high offenses and high defenses
>if you're faster you obliterate them with your base 150 offensive stats
>>
>tfw smogon bans your favourite Pokemon and it's useless in ubers
>>
>>30044597
Aegislash is awesome in Ubers.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.