[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it's a JRPG, it's supposed to have a lot of cutscenes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1476501856138.jpg (18KB, 452x548px) Image search: [Google]
1476501856138.jpg
18KB, 452x548px
>it's a JRPG, it's supposed to have a lot of cutscenes
>>
The diference is that the other rpgs the characters and the cutescenes are actually interesting to watch so it doesn't matter if there's tons of them also it helps for the pacing,nothing better than watching a 2 minute cutescene with some plot twitst and return to the gameplay.

Pokemon story is shit and boring,also there isn't even party members that travel with you,so that makes you care less about the characters.
>>
Seriously, what kind of JRPGs are you guys playing.

I want video games not fucking movies
>>
>>30036138
Have you never played a Final Faggotry?
>>
>>30036500
Only the first 3
>>
>>30036517
You mean 1, 4 and 6?
>>
>It's pokemon, it's supposed to be different
I'm just glad you're finally getting it drilled in your head that these are just more mediocre jarpigs.
>>
>>30036057
>muh opinion
i like the story, i want more
>>
>>30038731
>i like the story, i want more
nobody cares about your opinion though
>>
Pokemon's story is always the same, who really plays it for the story?
>>
>>30036500
The cutscenes in FF are less frequent but longer, I'm not sure which I prefer.

13 is a lot like this though.
>>
At this point I have to wonder if you guys have ADD or if you guys just consider speech bubbles when talking to someone cutscenes too. Because we already used to have quite a bit of those. But I mean, maybe if you weren't trying to rush and you were actually enjoying wandering it wouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>30037491
Literally everyone knows about the japan-america numbering change of the games. You're not special.
>>
>>30040085
I don't think it helps that the screen blacks out for a few seconds before they start and the aspect changes, makes it into more of a cutscene. They're also forced on you rather than you manually going up to the person and pressing A optionally. That's the difference desu.

Also the fact that they are like every 10 steps.
>>
>>30039843
Except for Game Freak, evidently
>>
>>30038731
then why should anyone care about yours desu
>>
The bit when you're in the Aether paradise and can find out about Type: Nulls back story on the files/computer was done nicely. Wish we had more of that rather than a million cutscenes of Lillie wishing she was a trainer.
>>
>>30039943
>13
The last Final Fantasy was 9. They don't exist after that.
>>
>>30035928
Every time I get unnecessarily stopped I remind myself that Platinum simultaneously managed to be the most difficult Pokemon game and had some semblance of freedom when you enter a new town and wonder what happened.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.