[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They will end up as NU shitmons, will they?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault(2).jpg (190KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(2).jpg
190KB, 1280x720px
They will end up as NU shitmons, will they?
>>
Yeah like most other starters
>>
>>30033197
There are only 3 starters in NU, most of them end up in RU/UU
>>
The Grassmon is slow and has mediocre stats across the board.

The Firemon is the epitome of a fire-typ shitmon, SR weakness, slow as a Torkoal and decent defenses that are useless for it's horrible defensive typing.

The Watermon is somewhat interesting, but has little special going for it.
>>
Blaziken and Venusaur are the only good starters I can think of in competitive, and they both need Megas.

Infernape and Swampert are okay in lower tiers, I guess.
>>
File: 1475706190478.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475706190478.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>30033598
>Blaziken
>Needing a mega
Also Chlorophyll Venusaur was OU for quite a while too.
>>
>>30033642

Was that Blaziken still alive?
>>
>>30033186
Incineroar can maybe find usage in UU once it's HA gets released.

Decidueye will see niche usage everywhere if Spirt Shackle's effect doesn't disappear when switching out, trapping a pokemon like that is huge.

Primarina will be RU at best, it's like someone combined Vaporeon and Sylveon but made them both worse.
>>
>>30033598
Blaziken and Venusaur do not need megas, Blaziken was Uber before its mega was even released.

Serperior is still OU solely on the virtue of Contrary Leaf Storm despite people saying that it would still be shit.

The Mega Charizards have been good in competitive forever.

Protean Greninja had to be banned

Empoleon still sees some use in lower tiers thanks to its fantastic movepool and typing.
>>
>not just using your favorite mons
I will never understand the mindset of cucks. Its harder to win but its so much more rewarding when you can win with stuff you genuinely like.
>>
Probably more like RU, maybe UU at best.

>>30033692
>Decidueye will see niche usage everywhere if Spirt Shackle's effect doesn't disappear when switching out
I dunno where this rumor came from but I've heard that it's been dis-proven.
>>
>>30033803

We're talking about competitive.
>>
I feel that incineroar would be UU or something. Bulky attacker just werks
>>
>>30033919

>Gruesome defensive typing
>SR weakness
>Guaranteed to move second
>>
>>30033669
Clearly not. But even dead he could speed boost
>>
>>30033919
There's already Entei and Arcanine in UU, and they both are a lot better than Incineroar.
>>
Fire Pokémon simply got the short end of the stick. Always. Even before Stealth Jew and now especially.
>>
>singles
>>
>>30033598
Blaziken was already good.

Mega Blaziken with Protect and Speed Boost was just the icing on the cake.
>>
>>30033246
>but has little special going for it
it has like 126 sp atk and 116 sp def
>>
>>30034645
Too slow to sweep and no boosting
Too frail to tank and no recovery
But godly typing and good coverage
Will become RU or BL2
>>
>>30034765
Not to mention useless ability and counter-intuitive signature move
>>
Shitposting about them aside, no, they won't.

Decidueye has great attacking stats and a STAB 80bp trapping move. It can completely shut down certain Pokémon with just this move alone. Its Hidden Ability renders Rocky Helmet or Iron Barbs walls completely redundant and it has access to a super-wide series of coverage moves that compliment its role as a trapper. RU at least, but I can see it being used in higher tiers.

Incineroar is a little generic but it has an absolutely fantastic typing and enough bulk to get shit done. Its coverage for a Fire starter is fantastic and decent bulk with Leech Life is already enough to ensure it's at least RU.

Primerena has the highest Spc Atk of any starter so far, great special bulk and decent defence. These stats don't matter anyway because its typing alone is enough to ensure UU.
>>
>>30033186
Primarina has the most potential given her typing and stats but it will probably take another generation or two before they fix her movepool and ability
>>
Primarina hits pretty damn hard and has great typing, has a shot at UU maybe.

Incineroar is pretty damn tanky with initimidate, otherwise isn't great. Probably RU, maybe UU when its HA comes out.

Decidueye has a ton of great boosting and attacking options and would be amazing if it had more than 100 speed. As it is RU is probably the absolute upper limit for it. Its HA is more or less useless too
>>
>>30034824
How does Leech Life help Incineroar? It gives him no notable coverage whatsoever, since it already destroys Grass and Psychic types and resists Dark.

You're better off running some Wish support if you're that desperate for recovery. Inceniroar should probably just slap AssVest+Intimidate and mow shit down with his STABs.
>>
Only complete retards think that Primashit will be any tiers but NU at best. It's outclassed by every single water type pokemon and fairy type pokemon out there in every way.
>>
>>30034833
Dedicueye's ability is okay for physical sets. No more losing 25% of your health due to mispredicted switch to a Rocky Helmet mon. Or getting cucked by Flame Body/Static.
>>
>>30034824
First of all they all have complete garbage speed and pretty much nothing in the way of priority meaning that its very hard for them to come in.

Incineroar's typing is absolute garbage defensively, weak to EQ, rocks, fighting and water and neutral to fairy, meaning that even with Intimidate it's literally a worse Arcanine who even gets a much better movepool.

Primarina has only base 80 HP, crap defense and no recovery outside of Rest, not even Wish. Sparkling Aria is completely counterintuitive if you're trying to spread burns, and its HA doesn't even boost voice moves so it's just an inferior Sylveon who can do everythign that it does better and safer.

Decidueye is just too slow and frail.
>>
>>30034883
(You)
>>
File: IMG_2083.png (177KB, 501x506px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2083.png
177KB, 501x506px
>>30034883
>>
>>30033598
Venusaur was on top of the meta before megas, I loved running sun teams with him in gen 5.
>>
>>30034926
>>30034939
It's true though.
It's worse than Vaporeon because it's a lot frailer and doesn't have access to Wish.
It's worse than Sylveon because Sylveon's Hyper Voice is better
Its worse than Azumarill because Azumarill has priority
Its worse than M-Gardevoir because it doesn't hit as hard and Gardy's Hyper Voice is better
Fuck even Florges has much better support options and better bulk
>>
>>30034910
>Decidueye frail
78/75/100 isn't that bad for an offensive mon
really wish it learned Will-O-Wisp though
>>
>>30035021
>Talonflame used Brave Bird!
F
>>
>>30034985
thats not "every single water and fairy type pokemon out there"
it will be at least decent in lower tiers
>>
File: 1894924.jpg (42KB, 345x501px) Image search: [Google]
1894924.jpg
42KB, 345x501px
>>30034883
>It's outclassed by every single water type pokemon and fairy type pokemon out there in every way.
>>
>>30033186
Ubers
>Blazekein with speed boost can out speed and ok after SD
>Greninja protean is broken nuff said

OU
>Venasaur tanky , sweeps in sunny weather. Mega is hard to OK
>Charizard only megas DD is good to sweep and sun gives it solarbeam and weakens water
>Serperior just leaf Storm spam

UU
>Infernape good mixed sweeper with set up and priority to. Mostly EQ spam keeps it down
>Empleon a solid defense Mon but not broken
>Chesnaught good assault vest user . ×4 weakness to flying
>Sceptile mega is fast and one or two shoots most things. Frail and most has physical moves
>Blastoise mega hits hard and a decent tank. Have to give up coverage for rapid spin
>Ferligatr is good a DD and sheer force
>Swampert. Rocks ,tanky,sweeper in rain mega. Not really being stand out

Ru
>Typlhosion just needs more special moves and other attacks than eruption which gets weakened by rocks
>Emboar hits like a truck but nothing else.
>Delphox is just average

Nu
>Samourtt doesn't have shell smash
>Meganium is just pretty bad at tanking
>torrtera is to slow
>>
>>30034824
>absolutely fantastic typing
You gotta be kidding
>>
>>30034765
116 is a frail stat everyone
>>
>>30035190
>ignoring primarina's abysmally shit physical defense and HP
>>
>>30035126
Resisting itself is really good in UU. Knock Off resist, Sacred Fire switch in, can't be burned, resists ghost, etc. It's not tanking the whole world, it fits into a team just like every other mon. Not everyone can be Steel/Fairy.
>>
>>30035202
80/70/116 is by no means horrible. I'm sorry you think aboolemon needs Shuckle defended and Blissey HP to be good
>>
>>30033186
RU is probably where they will end.
Incineroar can maybe reach the low UU once it got its HA thanks to U-turn, Fake-out and Flare Blitz.
>>
>>30034985
Has a wider movepool and better Special attack than Florges and Vaporeon in the case of the latter, Primarina also has fairy typing going for it.

It's Hyper Voice can be Rain Boosted making it a much stronger HV than Sylveon's or M-Gardevoir's

Azumarril plays a separate offensive role and comparing the two is apples and oranges
>>
>>30033186
Why are you talking like Yoda?
>>
>>30035474
>it's good with support, trust me guys
>>
>>30035863
The only thing that implies support is the Rain Boosted HV which usually only needs a drizzle mon to simply exist on the field.

Even then, support in general is not any kind of negative.
>>
>>30034247
What happened?

Also how bad is Water favoritism this gen?
>>
They will. All starters are forgotten one month after the game release.
>>
>>30034824
>Incineroar is a little generic but it has an absolutely fantastic typing

>Fire/Dark
>Fantastic

Anon, I...
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.