[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convince me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 1470445012858.jpg (107KB, 663x731px) Image search: [Google]
1470445012858.jpg
107KB, 663x731px
I thought Gen 6 was by far the worst the series has ever been. Loved Gen 5. Based on what you guys have played so far should I get SM or just give up on the series for now?
>>
gen 7 is not as good as gen 5 as a fellow unovabortion however it is still far better than gen 6.
>>
not as good as gen 3, 4, or 5 but not as bad as gens 1, 2, and 6
>>
Better than gen 6. I'd say it sits somewhere in the middle, depending on how well you can handle the hand holding cutscenes.
>>
>>30023780
>not as good as gen 3

Gen 3 is by far the worst. Hoenn is a terrible.
>>
>>30023806
These cutscenes just in the opening hours or forever?
>>
>>30023958

I need to know this

Could not stand Lapps and it's fucking lucario and friend cutscene bullshit
>>
>>30023754
honestly OP, don't waste your money
and after seeing ohmori interviews, pheraps all games from here will be horrible
>>
>>30024200
If they keep going with all these "alternate forms" then they may as well just give a Diglett a few hairs and say its a "new" Pokemon, oh wait...
>>
>>30023754
Okay I'll lay it out.
+Fucking best story climax in Pokemon history
+Fun to play, no HM or Key Item bullshit
+Wide Pokemon Diversity, no worry about team limitations
+NPCs have actual goddamn character arcs.
+Gen 5 EXP rubberbanding
+/-Easy as fuck
-Laggy as shit for too many situations
-Handholding: The Game
-7.8/10 not enough water
-Did not 'Black out' once.
-Catching ~75% of wild available Pokemon will drop you at 10 levels ahead of the curve
I got up to just before battle tree.
>>
>>30023754
Gen 7 continues all of the flaws of Gen 6 and sometimes makes them worse while adding its own, like a Mary Sue stealing your protag spot from you.
>>
>>30024565
>+Wide Pokemon Diversity
If you don't mind using Kanto shit for the seventh gen in a row maybe.
>>
>>30024565
>uses exp share
>complains the game is too easy
>>
>>30024618
Didn't have a single Kantonian on my team at the end game.
Hell I encountered a wild Totodile and used that.
>>
>>30023754
Since you liked Gen 5 and therefore have shit taste, you'll love it
>>
>>30024648
>At the end game
Having to burn through 3 islands to get a type variety isn't any good, anon.

>Totodile
Still old shit. At least it's not Kanto, but all of us here have had to deal with Johto at least twice.
>>
>>30024634
I turned it off for my current playthrough. I wanted to see the game as it was "intended" on my first run through. I'm also filling my dex through trades and WT, so my EXP gain will be smaller as well.
>>
File: haaaa.jpg (61KB, 666x632px) Image search: [Google]
haaaa.jpg
61KB, 666x632px
>last fight with the old man in the first island
>using my oil cum pokemon
>hes using that boxing crab

>i decide that i want to start strong
>use my pond Z move

>the old man Z move triggers first

>he uses a 100 hits combo and sends my pokemon to a fucking mountain far way
>my pokemon loses a shit ton of health but doesnt faint
>my z move triggers
>pokemon rushes the other pokemon
>looks like he is rushing from the mountain he was thown way
>hit stomps the fucker

>battle starts like a fucking old ass DBZ battle

HOLY SHIT I DIDNT HAVE THIS MUCH FUN IN AGES
>>
>>30023754
As a fellow unovafan, I'd say SM beats out Gen 5 (BW and BW2 as a whole) on just pure personality. It's post game is not as good as BW2, it's climax, while being awesome, is not as good as BW. Difficulty is about the same.

Overall, I'd say my holy trinity of games are BW, BW2, and SM. All for different reasons, they all have their own positives and negatives.
>>
>>30024778
SM is entirely anathema to everything good about Gen 5. Especially in how shitty and small the dex is. I find it hard to believe you can like both unless you're a schizophrenic or are in it for waifus.
>>
>>30024686
Yeah, of course there is a lot of old shit, over 700 old pokemon and under 100 new ones in total. But to say most of them are Kantonian is a fallacy. By the time you reach route 3 you have plenty of variety and mostly not from Kanto.
>>
>>30024817
>But to say most of them are Kantonian is a fallacy
Them being Kanto wasn't the point, just that almost everything in this game is old. However, no, it's not much of a 'fallacy', considering Kanto has over 80 pokemon in this game, more than there are new pokemon. The only reasons most aren't Kanto is because the other gens get about 30 each except Kalos. This isn't any better.
>>
File: d2058.jpg (4KB, 158x181px) Image search: [Google]
d2058.jpg
4KB, 158x181px
>>30024778
>Difficulty is about the same.
Not at all. SM is incredibly easy. BW2 is my favorite games and I'd give SM a 7/10
>>
>>30024593
>Mary Sue

Stop using that term if you don't fucking know what it means, retard.
>>
>>30025018
Nobody cares about the original definition anymore.
>>
>>30024971
>Not at all

You are right, SM is actually harder.
Totem battles >>> Unova's shit-tier gyms
Alolan league >>> Unova's league

Besides that, SM is beating Gen 5 at its strongest point - the story.
>>
File: 14364421140064.jpg (381KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
14364421140064.jpg
381KB, 1366x768px
>>30025079
Can you elaborate without spoilers why the story is better?
>>
>>30025128
It revolves around a waifu so his sort are charmed into thinking it's good.
>>
File: 1478138572877.png (134KB, 749x726px) Image search: [Google]
1478138572877.png
134KB, 749x726px
>>30024801
Pokemon has so many aspects to it that it's not hard to believe people can play for different reasons. I don't know what reasons you like Gen 5 over SM for other than the dex, but I don't hold the dex that high in regard from the overall experience.

>>30024971
Varying skill levels and varying teams can make for a different experience per person. I'm simply saying I personally had the same amount of difficulty with SM that I did with Gen V.
>>
>>30023754
>Loved Gen 5
Stay in your hole
>>
>>30023754
Game died after gen5, Jim.

Gen1 > Gen5 > Gen4 > Gen2 > Gen3 >>>>>> shit >>>>>> Gen7 > Gen6
>>
I am enjoying it so far. The cutscenes are painfully slow sometimes as is your 3DS during totem battles if it's not a new one.
>>
>>30024971
Implying BW2 could not be easy too. I did a solo run with Lucario in it and had very little problems bar maybe Clay and Marlon.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.