[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You did turn it off, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0319.png (146KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0319.png
146KB, 420x420px
You did turn it off, right?
>>
>>30019923

Yes. My team won't stay even levels if I have it on.
>>
File: 1451545176310.jpg (49KB, 591x591px) Image search: [Google]
1451545176310.jpg
49KB, 591x591px
>>30019923
what's it to you? why do you care if someone else does or not?
>>
>>30019923
After X/Y boosting me 15 levels ahead of everything, of course.
>>
Ye.
>>
File: image.png (294KB, 372x487px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
294KB, 372x487px
I don't care about the stigma anymore. I just wanna have fun.
>>
>>30020270
I don't actually care how you play the game. I just don't want-or would- not like to see ppl bitch about how easy the game is when you don't realize what makes the game easier
>>
>>30019923
No because I'm raising 15 Pokemon at once and its helpful getting everyone evenly leveled up.
>>
I'm a little behind right now, so I might leave it on for a bit to avoid grind and help catch up with everyone.
>>
First playthrough I'm leaving it on.

Second I'll turn it off
>>
>>30020391
well just ignore them. just think those people have to listen to you, and watch you create threads like this. There are two sides to every point. Play how you want to play and don't worry about anyone else.
>>
>>30020526
Turn it off now. You won't play a second play trough because of all of those fucking cutscenes.
>>
>>30019923
No, because the team I wanted is scattered all across the isles and I'm too lazy to grind wild mons with gen 5's leveling curve without an Audino equivalent, so I've been using trainers to grind up new catches to the level of my party. EXP Share just makes it a little bit faster, and my team is only about two levels above the trainers right now somehow.
>>
I'm leaving it on.
Battle mode is switch.
I'm using Refresh too.

Do something about it, you little bitch. You won't.
>>
No, because grinding is for faggots and a tedious waste of time.

I just switched leads all the time to keep the 6 team even.
>>
why should I turn it off again?
>>
>>30019923
I found the game decently challenging even with it on, thanks to the exp scaling I'd guess. I also skip 2-3 trainers a route so I stay around the same level as my opponents, saving me time grinding :^)
>>
>>30020589
Not everyone has adhd or the impatience of a toddler that cant stop pressing A.
>>
>>30019923
The game is designed around having it on, so no.
>>
>>30020696
>I also skip 2-3 trainers a route so I stay around the same level as my opponents, saving me time grinding :^)
Their trainer encounter animation is longer than the actual battle with 1 mon each
>>
>>30020568
Terrible, terrible philosophy anon.

You should aspire to help others, not ignore them.

I would not have had fun with XY if I had not been warned about the exp share.
>>
>>30019923
this game is 10/10 without exp share
so fucking perfect
>>
>>30019923
Turned it off; with 2 pokemon the game is a breeze even with the xp scaling, but as soon as you start adding more pokemon it brings down the levels of everyone (if you play like me and keep that shit even across the board) which makes for a more challenging game. Half way through 2nd island with 4 pokemon, and it's a nice challenge in some areas.
>>
Game is much better without EXP share.
>>
>>30020637
In SM wild pokémon will be at about your team's level with EXP. Share off.
>>
Exp. Share is overrated. Matters much less than using Switch, now that's retarded.
>>
>>30019923
Had it off for 99% of the game... until i got wimpod....
>>
>>30021073
Then the trainer's teams would be higher leveled. Not worth it.
>>
File: 120px-Options_RB[1].png (3KB, 120x108px) Image search: [Google]
120px-Options_RB[1].png
3KB, 120x108px
You did set it to SET, right?
>>
>>30021094
Your Pokemon are EV trained and you're not brain-dead AI. You still have the advantage, even when 10 level under.
>>
>>30021114
>Your Pokemon are EV trained
No they're not. I'm too lazy to grind on wild pokemon and you think I'm EV training my in-game team?
>>
>>30021132
Yes you dumb faggot. You're always EV training, even though it may not be in optimal stats. They're still higher than average.
>>
>>30021111
Why the fuck would I want to do that? If someone's going to say "go, ____" I'm going to switch my pokemon to a better match-up. I'm not gunna let them throw it out and sit there with a thumb up my ass hoping they don't use a super effective move.
>>
>>30021155
They're not specialized and thus not necessarily beneficial.

Also, I'm doing a new Pokemon only run so since this is Alola all my pokemon are slow shitmons.
>>
>>30021111
Fast.
Set.
Exp. Off.
Manual boxing.
>>
>>30021184
It is beneficial. With full EVs your stat total at around level 50 is around that of a level 60.
>>
>>30021184
>slow shitmons

Teams that often place in IRL tournaments have mostly slow or average speed Pokemon. Speed is a scrub magnet stat
>>
>>30021231
>IRL tournaments
So VGC with Trick Room.

In-game is singles, anon.
>>
>>30021240
>trick room
>post gen 5

lol
>>
>>30020342
This
>>
If you want challenge, you should leave it on so you can speed through the main story and get to postgame as quickly as possible.

Leaving it off won't make the story a challenge, it will make it slightly more time-consuming. If you have even the slightest amount of brain function it's piss-easy no matter what you do, so why bother?
>>
>>30021156
Because it is an absurd advantage in the players favor to get a free switch in every time you knock out a Pokemon
>>
>>30021319
Nothing added by the postgame is anywhere near as difficult as playing through the main game with no items, no exp share, and no battling wild pokemon. You specifically could never do it though, and if you only got the game for online than your method works well enough.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.