[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain how SOS Encounters are supposed to work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: fgsfds.png (78KB, 721x607px) Image search: [Google]
fgsfds.png
78KB, 721x607px
Can someone explain how SOS Encounters are supposed to work?

Serebii's explanation doesn't make any sense to me when compared with the encounter tables and what encounters I'm actually getting in-game.

>In the encounter listings, there are up to 8 different rows of Pokémon and when a Pokémon calls for help, it will select a random encounter row and give you a Pokémon of the same slot in that row as the Pokémon you are facing.

Basically I'm just trying to get a Happiny, but can't figure out which Pokemon to grind in order to find one.
>>
Looks like he means column instead of row. So every Pokemon in SOS slot 6 has a 20% chance of calling Happiny.
>>
>>30019914
so pikipek or bonsly?
>>
>>30019817
>>30019914
I'll reinterpret it for you too. Basically when you a Pokemon and it makes an SOS call, it'll only call for a Pokemon in the same slot (horizontal row) it inhabits. So since Happiny's slot buddies are available in every other slot, it'll take a very long time to find it.
>>
>>30020031
See the problem with that is that I had a Bonsly call a Sudowoodo earlier despite them not being in any of the same rows.
>>
>>30019817
Pretty sure Serebii just has the wrong encounter tables here.
>>
>>30020799
the encounter tables are correct
>>
>>30020842
The sure look different than the ones listed in this pastebin for Route 1.

http://pastebin.com/MwTpYFxn
>>
>>30019817
Happiny gets called by other baby pokemon. Which is also the reason this chart is fucked up. It gets called by both Munchlax and Bonsly.
>>
Click on the "Toggle Condensed Details". Then everything below the Pokémon in the top row can appear along side it when called. The way Serebii has it by default makes it hard to read because each row has a different number of Pokémon due to not splitting encounter rates by level.
>>
>>30021066
Oh shit, there we go. Thanks anon.
>>
>>30019817
you can get one in the Sushi Bar at the japanese city in Ula'ula. The girl asks you for a Pancham in exchange.
>>
>>30021066
Now it makes sense, so I need to fish up a Corsola (5% chance) and then wait for it to call for a Mareanie... how are you supposed to find that out by yourself?
>>
>>30021066
That was supposed to say click on the "Toggle full details". I was an idiot and didn't take into account that I'd already clicked it once.
>>
>>30020926
See >>30021066
>>
>>30021465
Well, there was that NPC that mentioned Corsola populations dwindling because of Mareanie...
>>
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-sun-moon-battle-mechanics-
research.3586701/

>Triage gives +3 priority to damaging moves that restore HP (i.e Giga Drain, etc) alongside status moves that restore HP. (UltiMario) Triage does not give added priority to Leech Seed, Pain Split, or Ingrain.

Now THAT'S interesting. How do you guys think Comfey will fare in the metagame?
>>
>>30019817
I've been farming for Salamence for like an hour now. Probably gone through a hundred Bagons. I'm afraid of getting a shiny Bagon before Salamence appears.
>>
>>30019817
There are no slot 4 or 8 in that image, does that mean there only 6 different slots available, each with roughly 17% of being pulled, or are slots 4 and 8 then the same as 3 and 7?

I noticed the one for Melemele Sea uses slots 1, 2 and 8 with Gyarados being in 8, which would give it either a 1/3 or a 1/8 chance of appearing. Does anyone know which it would be?
>>
>>30021811
As a Showderp connoisseur, I've already seen a few teams get swept by Calm Mind + Draining Kiss.
It plays a little like Unburden Calm Mind Slurpuff, who also ran Draining Kiss. However, Slurpuff also has Cotton Guard, better physical bulk and Flamethrower for Steel-types.
I can't see it being anything but a gimmick set, but it is a fun gimmick.
>>
>>30019817
>>30019914
>>30019958
>>30020031
>>30020213
http://pastebin.com/EwkzXmTV
you're all retards
>>
>>30022157
Well thanks for popping in with that when the OP was already answered 45 minutes ago anon.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.