[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Able to go online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 3

Does anyone know if .cia users are able to go online now safely since the actual game is out?
>>
bump would like to know too.
>>
Well I doubt the .0 string version is safe.
>>
DON'T DO IT ANON
>>
>>30011049
just gonna remove the lurantis .cia and its ticket, enable wifi, download the freeshop version and then disable wifi again and wait it out until we know what's going on.
>>
>>30011800
My thoughts exactly.
Also the game isn't officially out yet here in EU so...

PS. OP you might want to do a backup of your save file with JKSM
>>
Actually got into a live chat with Nintendo EU support since I wanted to ask if if online was fine before the 23rd in case someone got a copy delivered early.
I guess this doesn't concern people outside of the EU but the guy pretty sternly told me not to go online until the release date. Apparently they do not differentiate between legit and illegitimate when it comes to playing before their release date.
>>
>>30011800
My copy doesnt have Lurantis in the name but then somoene could have just edited the file name anyway for me to tell if i have this version?
>>
>>30012318
Open FBI, click on Titles and go to your copy of Pokemon Moon. On the top screen check the version number: if it's 0 then your game is Lurantis'.cia
>>
>>30012476
yup its a lurantis copy, already started downloading a new cia of the retail version thanks man
>>
>>30011800
Don't forget to backup the save as well with JKSM, uninstalling deletes it.
>>
>>30012538
He's memeing or a retard. all retail dumps of every game have that version number
>>
>>30012699
Moon ver. is 16 while Sun ver. is 32
Dude just download them via Freeshop (which lets you download the game from the official eShop)
>>
>>30012719
That's the eShop version, retail dumps are always 0.0.0.0
>>
What's the deal with the ticket? Where do you find/remove it from?
>>
>>30011049
Fuck you.
>>
>>30012752
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retail_software

Dude at least don't call it retail. A game downloaded from the eShop is retail
>>
a cia for v16 moon?
>>
Would going online from an EU 3DS trigger something?
>>
>>30012719
Are you just sure the game available on freeshop? Not showing anything on mine.
>>
Where can I find the goddamn CIA for pokemon Sun/Moon?
>>
Why do you need to delete the ticket?
>>
I transferred my save to a new .cia and all that, but is it still safe to go online? Could they ban me for having over 40+ hours logged?
>>
>>30012759
FBI > Moon > delete file and ticket
>>
>>30013900
If you're afraid about that change hours played, start date and all the encounter rates with pkhex
>>
>>30014053
it makes no sense. Many people out there could have their 3DS with the wrong date.
>>
So does anyone actually KNOW that the version 0 is the reason for bans and not just having gone online early? Because from what I've seen version 0 is simply the cart version.
>>
>>30014076
Yes, it's useless, but it quells autism
>>
>>30014100
The version has absolutely nothing to do with it. If you went online before release, even for a second, you are already flagged.
We need to wait a few more days to see if the banwave hits people who started playing today
>>
>>30013846
You don't, don't know why that has been said. The official version uses the exact same ticket.
>>
>>30013949
I've been out of the loop since I haven't touched this stuff since early 2015. In the FBI directory, it has the option of going to CIAs and when I switch the mode to delete, it just says to delete the Moon CIA. So is that the ticket (while the game itself is the file)?

If that is the ticket, I don't see how this import data would be detectable. I usually do it via computer but haven't heard the term ticket before.
>>
>>30014501
update FBI
>>
>>30014518
Alright, thanks that explains it. I'll get on it.
>>
>>30011049
yes, it's perfectly safe! try it.
>>
i got the promo munchlax via internet earlier today but idk if that was just a lucky shot cuz im kinda scared to go back in
>>
>>30011800
did this
but now i cant download the eshop version
it does download but at the end says "download failed"
>>
>>30011049
Just don't use the same .cia that got leaked before release.
>>
>>30014707
How about getting a job instead?
>>
Someone tell me if I have to install the ticket after downloading from Freeshop. FBI insists on installing the entire game as well, all 3GB of it. It takes forever.
>>
>>30012641
how do i use jksm i always get "error opening save archive"
>>
>>30015284
in what process are you now? importing the save to your redownloaded game?
>>
>>30015332
trying to back the data up now but nothing is showing up do i have to manual move the old save data into a directory or something?
>>
>>30015182
Freeshop already has the ticket. You don't need to install it again with FBI.
>>
>>30015455
Have you opened the reinstalled game at least once to initialize data?
>>
>>30015463
sorry to sound dumb but wth is freeshop
>>
>>30015332
Same here, I fixed it by starting up sun, then closing it, then trying to import save, it worked then.
>>
All this sounds like a fucking hassle? Has anybody even been confirmed to have gotten banned with the leaked .cia post launch?
>>
>>30015662
Not that I've heard, it's just that people are being paranoid and obviously no one wants to test that.
>>
>>30015662
Only EU cucks so far, and a couple who had already connected online pre-launch but didn't get hit by the first banwaves
>>
>>30015463
Thanks \o/

I figured as much when FBI uninstalled the FreeShop install when I scanned the ticket QR code. But it's nice to have it confirmed.
>>
File: IMG_0557.png (594KB, 830x546px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0557.png
594KB, 830x546px
>export save in JKSM
>delete title + ticket in FBI or freeshop
>download using freeshop
>open it up so it creates save data
>import save in JKSM
That's it. That's all you need to do.
You are now 100% safe.
I you can't do this it's a wonder you weren't already banned.
>>
>>30016075
What is the title number??
>>
>>30016075
fbi deletes tickets?
fug im way out of touch with this things
>>
>>30016131
It's a separate option from "delete title," like right below it.
>>
>>30016122
Why do you even need to know it?
Both FBI and freeshop should recognize it as Sun.
>>
>>30016075
Only thing about this is that I would have to download the whole game all over again right?
>>
Alright boys I took one for the team. Imported my old save and went online, WT'd some of my breedject Dratinis too. Seem to be ok for now, hopefully there aren't gonna be ban waves back to back at the end of the day. My reasoning for being safe with 90+ hour playtime is that reviewers probably have something similar. I'll make a thread if I get banned, wish me luck friends.
>>
>>30016241
That is correct. But this way you're getting the completely legit version straight from Nintendo.
>>
>>30016241
Yes. If you have slow internet you can just leave it overnight or something, freeShop has an option to turn off the 3DS automatically 2 minutes after the download finishes.
>>
>>30013774
update your list on titles or you are using wrong e in pokemon (happened to me- try searching sun or moon)
>>
i haven't been banned yet but i'm playing it safe, redownloading the freeshop version and waiting until the eu release date (eu nnid)

i already beat the game, beat the postgame and had my alola pokedex up to 180 (without trading or hacking) so I'm fine with taking a break for a while
>>
At the time I thought I wasn't bothered if they did ban me, but now that I beat the league I will admit I am jealous of not being able to wondertrade or anything.
>>
>>30016075
is there any downside to downloading my cia's from online besides this release?? Should I be downloading EVERYTHING from the freeshop? What is so bad about playing cias on ver 0.0?
>>
When can we randomize this peice of shit so we can actually make it good?
>>
>>30015284
Go into your game, start a new save file. Get to a point you can save, save, and then exit the game. You have to create a save file to overwrite a save file. Otherwise it has no clue where to put the save.
>>
Somewhat related question, how do you trade and battle with friends online? I can't find an option in the festival plaza, it only lets me battle these random guests
>>
>>30011982
Nice try, Nintendo. I'll continue to be a bit more paranoid for a few weeks.
>>
>>30016821
Soon, they just released PKHex so PK3DS should be coming not too long after
>>
>>30016990
quick link?
>>
File: 1450889809778.jpg (27KB, 343x343px) Image search: [Google]
1450889809778.jpg
27KB, 343x343px
>>30016784
what the fuck is the difference
>>
>>30017153
Isn't that only for local play? I'm talking about battling with someone on my online 3DS friends list
>>
I have the freeshop version and my NNID is U along with my 3DS. It's ok to go online now, right?
>>
>>30017300
Should be.

To be extra safe, you might want to wait until your total time played is less than the total time the game has been available in your region.
>>
>>30017219
The game polls the eshop and sends its version number that's how how games know that there's an update. If nintendo checks the logs they can ban everyone with ver0
>>
>>30011049
To be totally safe, I'm just starting a new file on the legit cart I'm getting in the mail and then trading everything over. easy peasy. most of my hours were spent grinding levels and soft resets for natures anyway
>>
>>30011049
I'm also having issues but I actually bought the game. anyone know how to bypass the required system update to play a physical copy of moon? I have a homebrewed o3ds on 9.9 or so. or should I just get a damn .cia?
>>
>>30017612
do you even update m8?, you can upgrade offline to 11.34 u already
>>
>>30015506

this. It seems that everyone know how to use it and how to obtain the sun and moon copy from it where 2 days ago nobody talked about it.
>>
>>30017722
is that a good idea? I don't wanna lose homebrew for the fear it might delete my 3 cia games with all my shinies and shit. won't updating delete my homebrew files and all that?
>>
the fug is my eshop still thinking i bought the game?
yet when i try to download it it fails
how to fix this? already deleted the .cia using fbi
>>
Anybody downloaded the freeshop SM? What version is it in FBI?
>>
>>30018621
You need to delete tickets.
>>
>>30018710
how?
>>
>>30017359
But all the carts are version 0.
PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THE GAME EARLY GOT BANNED AS WELL
They don't know if you're playing v.0 cia or cartridge, the only people banned were the ones who went online before the release date, they can't tell otherwise. They can't even check your activity log and see your FBI and other homebrew, they can't do shit
eShop updates check for a v.0 cart when an update is available, this is why you're able to install an XY v0 cia and still receive the correct update from the shop. Lurantis cia is fine, and so are other cart dumps and freeshop downloads
>>
how are you guys with homebrew getting around the required system update? Will I lose my .cia games like XY and ORAS if I update from 9.9 to 11.XX? I would like to keep homebrew but I don't have much use for it because I have all the games I want as CIA's and cartridges.
>>
>>30019211
Aren't you using a9lh and Luma3DS? Mine works perfectly at 11.2. Go take a look at /hbg/ on /vg/ if you are still using emuNAND
>>
>>30018666
I downloaded Sun via ciangel, it's version 32.
Not going online yet since EU release date is 23
>>
>>30018666
Freeshop Moon is version 16.
>>
>>30019211
I only have luma and not al9h and the update went through without a hitch.
>>
Is there an offline cia yet? One that isn't lurantis obviously.
>>
>>30019518
if you don't have internet for your 3ds then there's no problem using the lurantis one
>>
>>30019258
>>30019258
none of that. I have basic ass homebrew and I used nasa to get the cia games I have. is luma pretty straightforward? all I wanna do is keep my .cias and be able to play the physical copy of moon i got.
>>
>>30019655
oh dude upgrade to luma that way u dont have to ever worry about messing up ur sysnand
>>
Not related to OP but:Does SM create any save data on the SD card? Is it possible to just insert the cart into a cfw 3ds and edit the sav efile? I want to play it on my nonhacked N3DS and use the cfw O3DS for injecting and shit
>>
>>30019758
luma = update to 11.XX no issues with cias or anything? I'll do that for sure. didn't know there was a way to keep homebrew shit while updating the system.
>>
What about the retail cart rip that just was released on 3DSISO?
>>
Do like me: unistall game/s + ticket/s, download agin from FreeShop and wait until 25th and fully finish the game (just to be sure)

Moon String Version: 16
Sun String Version: 32

When you get finish to download the game, check string version, hide your status from Friend List and disable wireless until 25th
>>
why the 25th
>>
>>30020613
Just to be sure that no one get banned on 23th, i will instead wait another 2-3 days to confirm
>>
>>30016260
In the same boat here, so far so good. I'm hopeful that they won't ban us, I really do think they only banned users for accessing online before it released.
>>
>>30019518
As far as I can tell, there may well be nothing wrong with Lurantis' dumb. People thought so because it said it was v.0, but now we know that all retail carts are the same version.
>>
>>30017023
Believe whatever you want but you can easily get the same statement if you write to their support
>>
>>30020900
Lurantis' dump. Either way I'll wait until at least tomorrow just to see if anything comes up.
>>
I just want to know if anybody has been banned with the original leaked .cia post launch
>>
>>30020900
Is the Freeshop release the same as the cart dumps on 3DSiso? Freeshop is going really really slow with me so I'd rather download it on my computer.
>>
>>30019427
>>30019460
Thanks anons
>>
>>30021140
No. Cart dumps are v.0, Freeshop is v.32/16.
>>
>>30022317
But does it really matter which version is it, aside from the fact you'll have to update to go online(which looks "safe" anyway)?
>>
>>30018736
You're in trouble if you didn't do it together with the game install, lul. jk, reinstalling and then selecting "delete files and tickets" or whatever could maybe work.
>>
>>30022519
Probably not, but no one is 100% sure yet and most would rather err on the side of caution.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.