[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Stars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

File: pikipek.png (358KB, 841x433px) Image search: [Google]
pikipek.png
358KB, 841x433px
http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-switch-will-get-a-pokemon-sun-moon-third-version-called-pokemon-stars/

What does /vp make of this?
>>
>>30010352
The "new HD assets" thing was said by some uninformed idiot. This doesn't mean the game itself isn't true, but that Pikipek model is the same used in SM. Models have been "HD" quality since XY, it's just that the 3DS can't show them properly (this is also the reason the games lag). They made the models better on purpose so that they could recycle them in the future on future consoles.
>>
>>30010352
I'm not surprised that we get a third version.
What I'm surprised about is the fact that it's going to be Switch exclusive.

How much money did Nintendo shove up Masuda's ass to make this possible?
>>
Isn't that the same Pikapik model in Sun and Moon?
>>
>>30010440
Yes, this person's claim is hinging entirely on this and it's weak as fuck
>>
>>30010427
That's what I thought too. Whoever wrote the article doesn't understand shit.

That being said, I'm totally on board with a mainline Pokemon game being in HD on the TV.
>>
>>30010352
>Rumor: Switch will get a Pokemon Sun & Moon “third version” called Pokemon Stars
Posted on November 18, 2016 by Matt(@OnePunchMaz) in 3DS, Rumors, Switch | 0 Likes

dartrix-pokemon-sun-and-moon

The Switch rumors don’t stop coming today, and it’s another major one, this time from Eurogamer. The outlet claims that, according to multiple sources, a mainline Pokemon game is currently being developed by Game Freak for the Switch under the codename “Pokemon Stars”. As the name implies, it is supposedly the “third version” to Pokemon Sun & Moon, like Yellow was to Red & Blue, Platinum was to Diamond & Pearl and so on. The game is “already well in development”, according to Eurogamer, and will launch in 2017. The target release date is apparently late 2017, though it was initially planned as a Summer release. This would be the first ever mainline Pokemon game to be playable on a home console – and the first time that games in a single generation of Pokemon will span multiple consoles.

According to Eurogamer, the Pokemon Sun & Moon initial reveal trailer might have already shown footage of this supposed Switch version – the model of Pikipek shown there is apparently from Pokemon Stars:
What fucking idiots. Who wrote this?
>>
>>30010596
>like Yellow was to Red & Blue, Platinum was to Diamond & Pearl and so on

I like how everyone forgot about Gen 3.
Hoenn-babbies on suicide watch!
>>
>>30010596
fug, only the
>According to Eurogamer, the Pokemon Sun & Moon initial reveal trailer might have already shown footage of this supposed Switch version – the model of Pikipek shown there is apparently from Pokemon Stars
line was supposed to be in that post
>>
Allright, even if the pikipek image is from the 3ds.
Let's say he is wrong about that. Apart from that the guy claims there were 'mutiple sources' saying another pokemon game was made alongside sun and moon. I'd really like this too be true, but as always, it may be too good to be true
>>
Is it time for denialfags to get blown out again?
>>
>>30010831
Well all the rumous on the Switch say there would be a Pokemon game on it. The only other thing it could be on there would be some enhanced Pokken which I think is unlikely.
>>
I think "Why can Emily Rodgers continue to get away with this shit?"
>>
>Pokémon Stars
>Not Pokemon Earth with Zygarde on the cover, completing the trilogy for both XY and MoSu
>>
>>30010352
i'm on board, but i'm fucking depressed over GF's continuous greed. why kill my drive and the drive of other's to even finish Sun and Moon if they announce a superior version on the day of release?
>>
>
In fact, you may have already seen something from the Switch version. Sun and Moon's February reveal teaser culminates in split-second shots of Game Freak staff such as series boss Junichi Masuda and director Shigeru Ohmori working on Sun and Moon spliced with quick flashes of in-game concept art and models, including this HD in-game model for new bird Pokémon Pikipek. We've heard this is for the Switch edition:

I guess these """"""""""journalists"""""""""" didn't do their research since GF made incredibly high ploy models since gen 6 to future-proof them.
>>
The only valid theory this guy might have is registered pokemon domains or trademarks as game freak has done in the past
>>
>>30010958
>if they announce a superior version on the day of release

GF haven't announced jackshit. Blame (or thank) Eurogamer for leaking Stars.
>>
>>30010671
They skipped Gen 2 as well.
>>
>>30010960
No I am pretty sure every Pokemon has been made fairly high poly.
It would be more likely that they lowered the details to get them into the 3DS.
Why would they intentionally make low res models if they knew they'd have to remake them again?
Just look at the adverts that have the legandries in it.

Look at other promotional art for Mario stuff and Splatoon, the 3D render art is WAY more high poly then the game. Do you think they made a second model for the advertisements, or just use one with the game being lower quality. It is like super easy to make a higher quality model lower quality.
>>
third versions have always been a bad idea and sold poorly. i'll be pretty concerned if they actually take the step backwards instead of another 2 versions like B2W2 were. doesn't even have to be a sequel or anything
>>
Just a friendly reminder that the "multiple sources" is Emily Rogers and she's always been wrong outside of like three lucky guesses.
Third versions are dead. Pokémon Gray didn't happen, Pokémon Z didn't happen and whatever this lie is isn't happening.
>>
>>30010352
I'll be okay with it but I'll wait until it has Pokebank support before buying it. If I have to replay the story I'm doing it with my own team.
>>
I'd honestly rather a port that takes my save over from my 3DS
>>
>>30010671
The only person on suicide watch is your mother after seeing what a disappointment your life has become.
>>
>>30011059
>Hoenn-babby being THIS triggered

lmao
>>
I'm not going to buy the Switch until it has at least a few games I want and the price is low enough to be worth it so I don't really care if they release a new version for it
>>
how do we "take care of" emily rogers
>>
>>30011098
Eurogamer is not Emily Rogers, retard.
>>
>>30011115
Emily Rogers literally said to keep a close eye on Eurogamer yesterday, retard. She's behind this.
>>
>60 dollar pokeman games
>>
>>30011177
No she is not. EG's track record is spotless while Emily Roger is mostly wrong.

You can't just discredit EG when everything they leaked about NX turned out to be true.

>b-b-but emily said we should keep an eye on eurogamer

The Eurogamer dude and Emily follow each other on twitter, so maybe he told her about his scoop or whatever.
>>
Doesn't anyone think it's kinda weird there's only 2 potential even mons in the game this time, one of which we'll be able to get very soon?

Maybe they'll just jump to gen 8 very quickly? Crazy thought I know, but just throwing that out there.
>>
>>30010948
Zygarde isn't relevant to anythng
>>
>>30011288

Eurogamer mentioned they would have something out today in their own article. Before Emily tweeted it. She just likes to piggyback on others.
>>
>>30010948
Zearth, like that mech from Bokurano
>>
>>30011037
>gray
Wut
>>
I like this idea of a third version on the switch. It would be a good move because it would definitely sell better than any other 3rd version, and they already have most of the game, since it's still Alola. This will give them more time to make this a great 3rd game, like Platinum was (Maybe finally a battle frontier?). Although the name sounds off to me. Why Stars, i mean, the sun is also a star. in other words, it would be pokemon star, moon and stars. A bit weird imo.
>>
>>30011789
This
>>
>>30013107
>going by scientific definition
>what are major arcana 17-19
>>
>>30010831
>it may be too good to be true
You mean too horrible to be true, that would be a huge fuck you to everyone that bought the 3ds version.
>>
>>30010958
>if they announce
But they didn't? This is a leak.
>>
>>30011027
>third versions have always been a bad idea
they literally redeem the previous 2 pieces of shit, especially Platinum.
>>
>>30014164
>leak
More like speculation.
>>
File: Wailord.png (571KB, 621x649px) Image search: [Google]
Wailord.png
571KB, 621x649px
>>
>>30014311
>they still used the n64 models for the GC games
God those 2 gamecube games were such crocks of shit.
>>
>>30010428
Wasn't yellow gbc exclusive?
>>
>>30014361
you can play non-clear gbc games on gb.
>>
>>30010352
Isn't one of the sources Emily "You can play as a female Link" Rogers? If it is, think nothing of it yet.
>>
>>30014218
you may think that and i may think that, but the facts show they have never sold well and are overall a bad investment to make

combine this with the fact that it could be coming out on a console the world knows next to NOTHING about would be GF digging their own grave. especially if it's merely a port
>>
File: Sableye.gif (847KB, 200x142px) Image search: [Google]
Sableye.gif
847KB, 200x142px
>>30014332
And yet they're more expressive than the models now.
>>
>>30014395
so...yellow was gbc exclusive then

Fucking cock-gobbling shit-eating retard
>>
>>30014361
You're thinking of Crystal
>>
>Nintendo abandoning handhelds for no reason at all
>when they dominated the handheld market for ages since Sony hanged themselves
>they think that the Switch will get a main Pokemon game
>they are pushing that the Switch is a handheld and not the real WiiU

Imagine being a Nintendo big wig and some retard suggests leaving a 50-60 million unit market just because the new console also works and looks like a handheld
>>
>>30014401
>Isn't one of the sources Emily "You can play as a female Link" Rogers?
No.
>>
>>30014434
that's PBR
>>
>>30014401
I mean yea it's not like other sources aren't stating this or anything
>>
>>30014414
>but the facts show they have never sold well and are overall a bad investment to make
that's a different point, you should have used the word ''because'' rather than ''and'' back then.
>would be GF digging their own grave
why?
>>
>>30014510
Does it matter? All of them are more expressive than the shit we have now.
>>
>>30014434
>gen 3
>n64
>>
>>30014450
Yep and Crystal sold like shit compared to Yellow and Emerald
>>
>>30014445
>yellow was gbc exclusive then
nope, yellow is not a clear cartridge and thus can be played on any other gameboy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiI8Ywwbmm0
>>
HD LILLIE
I hope it has a post-game special episode in which Lillie comes back and challenges you for the Champion title.
>>
>>30014489
almost like the Switch is portable or something.

this is pretty much a standalone super gameboy (play gb/gbc games on your tv) or a gameboy player (gba).
>>
File: Gez0e.gif (136KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Gez0e.gif
136KB, 500x281px
>Delibird called for help
>...
>Its help didn't appear!

I want to cry, poor Delibird.
>>
>>30014500
Well, i'll set my hopes a bit higher

>>30014523
I was just asking, since that was the name i heard thrown around. It's good if it's more sources, or she bandwaggoned later.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.