[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things GameFreak is persistent on doing every gen that really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
Things GameFreak is persistent on doing every gen that really needs to stop
>>
Removing popular feature from the last gen
>>
>>29999424
regional bird/rodent/pikaclone/etc
>>
>>29999424
turn based battles instead of switching to real time battles
>>
Making shit mon with shit stats
>>
>>29999424
Defensive ice types
>>
>>29999424
Starters that are grass, water and fire
>>
>>29999445
agreed
>>29999463
fair enough
>>29999474
no, this is pokemon at its core
>>29999477
no, this is pokemon at its core
>>29999484
agreed
>>
>>29999424
Making feminine, girly and unmanly pokemon.
>>
Making non evolving shitmons
>>
>>29999424
Removing content
>>
>>29999518
>so insecure about his masculinity he can't even use Bewear
have fun getting fucking raped by my AssVest set
>>
>>29999424
Shiny locking legendaries and event legendaries. Makes the game feel incomplete and when they do give them out it makes it feel cheap and I feel no love for that pokemon.
>>
>>29999463
Eh I don't mind regional bird, as long as they do more like Talonflame (As in typing other than normal/flying once they evolve. Not make it OP as shit)

But rodent and pikaclone really need to go. (Or I don't mind Pikaclones if they are like Marrill: not electric, can evolve, isn't utter shit)
>>
Random encounters instead of getting to hunt the animals in real time with various methods, Pokemon Snap style except off-rails and genericized a little so the behaviors don't have to be unique for all Pokemon ever made.
>>
>>29999424
Legends, mythicals, event mons, etc with no relevance or even any unique area for.
>>
>>29999562
>Being this much of a beta
>>
>>29999505
Would be cool if they went with a different trio of starter typing.
>>
mono Water-types.
>>
>>29999424
IVs
>>
>>29999624
So.. Monster Hunter mixed with Spectrobes? I could get behind that.
>>
pokemon that you can ONLY obtain through irl events.
>>
>>29999851
Well you'd still engage them in a normal battle after you find them and ambush them
>>
>>29999908
THIS. It's easy now that I'm an adult and live in the city, but those events just taunted me as a kid in butt-fuck nowhere.

Even now it's still annoying to go to a Gamestop whenever there's another events, even though I already have the event mon every time
>>
>Event/distribution species
Those are a pain in the arse to get.

>MOAR LEGENDARIES!
Don't they realize they're diluting the value of legendaries that way and making them even more boring?

>Trainers with non-complete teams outside the first routes
A Joe on the first route having a single Rattata is fine. A pro trainer on the late game doing the same is not.

>Pikaclones
Plusle, Emolga, Togedemaru... yeah, we get Pikachu is cute, but enough.

>Uninventive regional bird and rodent
There's a reason even casuals like Talonflame: it fits the regional bird stereotype, but not completely. It's recognizable (familiar) without being predictable (boring).

>Trying hard to preserve IV mechanics
IVs were cool until we got breeding - i.e. only on Gen I. Beyond that, no band-aid mechanic will save them, either rework completely the feature or scrape it off.
>>
>>29999424
making more type combos of already existing type combos
>>
>>30000305
>you want this pokemon that is the only one with this moveset?
>Well FUCK YOU, it's only going to be distributed in goddamn Italy!
>>
>>29999424
Taking my money.
>>
>>30000246
>>29999624
Didn't ORAS do that?or do you mean more real time

>>29999445
This is the top offender. Right now they could introduce 50 new Pokémon and just combine all the best features and it'd automatically be the best game
>>
>>29999484
Defensive rock types
>>
>>29999424
Putting legendaries on the box art. Why can't we have starters on the box art anymore?
>>
>>29999424
IV's
>>
>>29999908
This, as well as events that are only available for certain countries.
>>
>>30000336
At least it makes it easy to spot injectors.

Like sure your V-create Rayquaza is legit despite its name not being Japanese
>>
>>29999424
compulsory legendaries
>LOOK SEE U CATCH THING ON BOX
>IS CATCH RATE 45, EASIER THAN MURKROW
>PLS STOP PLAYING PHONE GAMES
fucking STOP
>>
>>30000504
I don't mind the basically free ones as much as "YOU HAVE TO CATCH THIS TO PROGRESS"

Like bitch this is my 12th Y playthrough I have plenty of Yveltals just let me kill it wihout it respawning
>>
>>29999474
Kill yourself
>>
>>29999424
Pokemon contest

oh they're out thank fucking god what a useless shit.

>>29999445
I'm still waiting for the sticker balls.
>>
>>30000593
Maybe if contests were measured by shit like rarity, how far evolved it is, if it's shiny; and if it involved an actual battle section or something, they wouldn't be so shit
>>
File: 1456101962072.png (188KB, 492x440px) Image search: [Google]
1456101962072.png
188KB, 492x440px
>>29999424
>It's a "Pokemon with huge healthpool and little else" episode

It doesn't happen often, but not many Pokemon like this are good.
>>
>>29999424
>obligatory bad guys
I wonder what a pokemon game would look like without bad guys fucking shit up
>>
>>30000705
I think gen 2 is the closest we have. Team Rocket's arc gets finished fairly quickly into the game. Granted it's definitely not the same as having no evil team
>>
>>30000705
Boring as fuck
I don't like Pokemon plots much but simply having less conflict in them doesn't improve anything.
>>
>>30000705
The criminal organizations are a staple I can't imagine disappearing. I don't really see what the problem with them is, though. They add conflict which keeps the story from feeling boring.
>>
>>30000396
Because there are 3 starters and only 2 boxes
>>
>>29999562
>this is actually how primarinafags think
>>
>>30000754
Pokemon would be vastly improved if you cut the villain team and any main story beyond "get 8 badges" and fleshed out stuff like >>29999624

Would make the game more replayable and each playthrough unique.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.