[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starmie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-121Starmie.png (82KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-121Starmie.png
82KB, 250x250px
So is it the undisputed king of Gen 1, being the only Mon to be OU for all six generations? Or was this spoiled because of it's short spout in UU at Greninja's peak, thus giving the title to the late Gengar?
Do you think it'll stay OU come Gen 7? I think it will personally - it has just the right amount of tools to be a reliable spinner.
>>
>>29999090
Gen 7 hasn't even fleshed out yet, don't count your chickens before they hatch with Gengar. Losing 1 immunity isn't going to drop it alone given it's a primarily offensive mon.
>>
>>29999139
>the denial is real
>>
>Gengar hasn't even dropped to UU yet
>Starmie literally did drop to UU once before

Gengar is king of Gen 1
>>
>>29999090
Depends on whether Greninja is banned or not.

Anyway what do you mean late Gengar? Did gengar got dropped to UU lately?
>>
>>29999170
It's a two-way street buddy. If you're going to cast a line that shallow I'll just call your comment denial.
>>
>>29999199
gengar has also spent brief stints in uu
>>
>>29999139
>>29999199
Going from a solid ability for a glass cannon to might as well not even having an ability at all

yeah he'll be fine..................................................
>>
>>29999139
I don't know anon. Part of the reason why Gengar was so potent was because it could snuff all the defensive Ground types scattered across the tier, making them think twice about spamming EQ. Now that this immunity to one of the most common offensive types in the game has turned into a weakness, I don't know if I can see it staying in OU - especially since its replacement is fucking Cursed Body of all things.
Will it be too powerful for UU? Maybe. Cursed Body Gengar in ORAS would definitely be too much, but Su/Mo will of course be a different meta entirely. Still, I can't see it performing very well in OU with such a vital tool removed.

>>29999209
Gengar lost Levitate for Cursed Body (as well as had Destiny Bond nerfed, but meh). It's debatable whether it will stay in OU or fall.
>>
>>29999222
trips don't lie
Gengarfags can seethe forever

Long live Starmie
>>
>>29999199
Mmm yes, King "The game and anime and guides tell you to use me against Sabrina when I take super-effective damage and they are immune to my Ghost-moves" Gengar, how could I forget
>>
>>29999222
When was Gengar in UU, for curiosity's sake?
>>
>>29999090
>being the only Mon to be OU for all six generations
Gengar says hi.
>>
>>29999139
>>29999170
Realistically, no levitate means it can benefit from terrains.
>>
>>29999303
In doubles, sure, but terrains are pretty shite in singles since they only last 5 turns. Sure there's the Tapus this time around but still, seems pretty situational to me.
>>
>>29999303
>Gengar is now affected by that weird terrain
>can't use sucker punch or shadow sneak
Yee that sure is helpful.
>>
>>29999328
Terrain extender
>>
>>29999090
Starmie is my favorite pokemon, and as much as I'd like to give it that title, the fact that it dropped to UU once and only went up again when Greninja got banned just won't let me.

Also if greninja goes back to OU, then Starmie is going down to UU again. Yes, it's a great spinner and can't hit pretty hard thanks to analytic, but most of the time it just gets rid of hazzards and then dies.

Too bad the psychic type is shit nowadays, otherwise Starmie could be a full fledged support pokemon with recover + screens + rapid spin + other fun shit it gets like cosmic power, trick, scald, etc.
>>
>>29999340
Meh, it just sounds like defenders of slow shitmons that claim "it's good under Trick Room!" 2bh

>>29999365
Will Greninja stay OU for Gen 7 though? It still has all the tools that made it so great.
>>
>>29999262
>>29999266
Gengar's Levitate hasn't been a factor against any mon except maybe Hippowdon in the last generation. The others still threaten it.

Its coverage is still perfect considering it's basically a 70% Special Marshadow.
>>
>>29999389
>Will Greninja stay OU for Gen 7 though?
I dunno. Hard to guess anything at this point.
>>
>>29999090
>being a smogonfag
>>
File: smarmie.png (843KB, 845x845px) Image search: [Google]
smarmie.png
843KB, 845x845px
Gengarfags can drop down to /vpuu/ any time now
This isn't the place for you anymore.
>>
>>29999090
has Dragonite fall from OU?
>>
>>29999554
It was UU until Gen 4 brought the physical/special split
>>
>>29999554
dragonite was BL in gen 3 because of salamence
>>
Arcanine a best. Gengar and Starmie fags btfo
>>
does starmie have a tight puss?
>>
>>29999090
I do love Starmie. Gengar is also one of my favorites. And Alakazam and Hypno. But I'm a genwunner.
>>
>>29999337
(you)
>>
>Starmie is going to go first and kill my Pokemon with a supereffective attack
>I switch, take a huge Analytic boosted attack and still lose
Who designed this fucking Pokemon?
>>
>>30000677
Oh wow, you took a high-damage hit and lost!
How shocking!
>>
>>29999282
i thought Ghost had an advantage against Psychic in Gen 1?
>>
>>30001257
Yes but there were literally zero good ghost moves to use against that bitch
>>
>>29999090
You misspelled Gengar, starmie actually dropped to UU once.
>>
>>30001257
When your best move is a physical lick and your only ghost type is gengar it's not really an advantage
>>
Jolteon used to be solid OU too

On Gen 2, it's Skarmory and Tyrannitar I believe. Forretess and Blissey used to be solid OU their career too.
>>
>>29999297
It wasn't UU but it spent a very brief stay in BL during gen 3.
>>
If Greninja stays in OU, Starmie will be UU easily.
>>
>>30000677
It only has 100 Special Attack, which by Gen 7 is much less impressive than it used to be.
>>
>>29999554
It was UU in Gen 1 surprisingly
>>
>>30001257
Psychic in Gen 1 was glitched so that it was immune to Ghost.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.