[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

two shit gens in a row

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1475701936458.jpg (186KB, 1085x1217px) Image search: [Google]
1475701936458.jpg
186KB, 1085x1217px
A-am I the only one who is bitter XY and SM have introduced so few pokemon?
For me, the best part of a new generation was new pokemon, but in Generations 6 and 7 there are hardly any new pokemon.
its frustrating and boring.

XY were also just crappy games.

I miss the glory of BW. It wasn't the absolute best, but it really captured the essence of a "new" pokemon game. If only they had side-stepped the gym challenges in BW it would have been perfect

BW+SM would be the perfect generation.

also
>UBs were just pokemon
boring but logical
>>
>>29997992

Nah not really, we'd have threads complaining about how we have our a thousand pokemon anyway.
>>
Not only are there not many new Pokemon but it's fucking Johto 2.0 where most of the new pokemon are a pain in the ass to find.
>>
>>29998063
>most
Keep fishing anon, you'll get that Dhelmise one day.
>>
>>29997992
literally more designs than gen 2 and gen 4.

> so few pokemon

Gtf out of here.
>>
>>29997992
The series is changing, introducing new Pokemon is no longer as important as it was before. As more children get into the series for the first time they don't need to introduce as many new Pokemon because ALL of the Pokemon are new to those players. And those players grossly outnumber the ones who play just for the new Pokemon.
>>
I would like them to add 100 new pokemon or more.
But the thing they need to do, more than anything. Is shut the fuck up. Pokemon has a bad case of blowing it's load early.

There is barely a handfull of pokemon that they didn't already show in the trailers.
And next time they do a demo, Clean it the fuck up so leakers don't drop the dex instantly.
>>
You realise that game cartridges have a limited amount of space, yes? And 3D models take up much more space than sprites?
This easily explains why 6 and 7 introduced so few, compared to the 2D games.

Also there's already fucking 700+ now christ
>>
>>29998124
you make a good point. and i'd be okay with that if the 'forme' gimmick were applied in a more liberal manner that actually allowed some variety.
but thats not the case; the new Aloha formes are all Kantou pokemon, instead of being spread through generations 1-5; and all of the mega evolutions were for very popular pokemon, with only a few exceptions.

>>29998161
raises a good point, which is that they're revealing almost all of the new pokemon during the pre-release. revealing 40-50 pokemon before the game is available makes sense when there are 100 or more new pokemon, 50 is only half of that, or in the case of Generations 3 and 5, about 1/3rd

If they aren't going to introduce 100 new pokemon, then they could stand to manage things better.

And i agree, adding tons and tons of new pokemon may not be the best focus as we approach 1000, (although as far as I'm concerned, the more the better)
but then formes and type distribution need to be managed and allocated way better.
60 new pokemon and 40-60 new formes would make sense. I'd love to have a vulpix, in 4 different types or something.
but only kantou pokemon getting that focus is lame as fuck and also boring.
>>29998116
formes arent new pokemon, Gens 2 and 4 had 100 and 109 new pokemon.
>>
File: 1478906171538.gif (361KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
1478906171538.gif
361KB, 450x350px
>X/Y and S/M
>Introduce 80 pokemon each
>only about 10 are shit

>Gen 5
>Introduce 156 new pokemon
>Only about 10 aren't shit

Quality >>>>>>>>>>> Quantity, Unovabortion.
>>
File: image.png (77KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
77KB, 600x598px
>>29998315
>only about 10 aren't shit
>>
>>29998238
You realise we can fit 1TB on something the size of an SD card now, yes? Even without upsizing the carts they could have easily added a few more GB of models if they wanted to. It's not a technical limitation, it's a design choice.
>>
>>29998238
Space has nothing to do with it you moron. 3DS cartridges can hold up to 8GB. SM doesn't even reach half of that.
>>
>>29998389
Okay, okay, MAYBE 15.
Gigalith, Volcarona, Galvantula, Darmanitan, Bisharp, Beeheyem, Jellicent, Chandelure, Scolipede, Archeops, Zoroark, Ferrothorn, Golurk, Eelektross, and Cofagrius.
But that's all you're getting from me. The rest are irredeemable garbage.
>>
>>29998256
>all of the mega evolutions were for very popular pokemon

What did you expected? Of course GF would have to introduce Mega Evolution using popular pokemons, how da hell would they make this new feature appealing to the general public otherwise? Can you really imagine the average joe being excited for Mega Evolutions if they were available only for Pokemons like Dunsparce or Stunfisk?
>>
>>29998599
I thought the point of Megas when they were first released was to try and promote older Mons that were outclassed by others to give them some appeal again.
>>
>>29998500
Introducing too many Pokemon each new Gen, will inevitable lead to a franchise fatigue, because GF will have to waste too many potential Pokemon designs at once, thus leading to a shit load of people complaining about GF "running out of ideas" in the future... at least even more complains than the ones they are already getting.
>>
>>29998650
Well, now that Megas were already properly introduced, I don't see why GF would not do exactly that for now on. They did give fucking Audino a Mega Evolution in ORAS.
>>
>>29998315
Imagine actually believing this shit. This faggot probably thinks the Ultra Beasts look better than all of the Gen. 5 Pokemon.
>>
>>29998124
I dont give a shit if some kid wasn't born early enough to know what a fucking charizard is, GF knows that the pokemon fandom goes way past these shit and snot nosed kids
>>
>>29998700
>thus leading to a shit load of people complaining about GF "running out of ideas" in the future
people have been making those complaints since generation 3
>>
>>29998500
>Lilligant
>Haxoruous
>Swadloon
>Kroodile

>irredenmmable garbage
>>
>>29998315
>le quality over quantity meme

Gen 5 has far more good designs and competitively viable Pokemon than Gen 7.

If they arbitrarily removed half of the Gen 5 Pokemon you would probably suddenly say they're good just like the bootlicker you are.
>>
>>29997992
>two shit gens in a row
if you are talking about ORAS sure
SM? no fucking way
>>
Honestly the Pokemon series is overrated as fuck and gets more praise than it deserves. It took until X/Y and Sun/Moon for me to come to that conclusion.
>>
>>29998315
>Le quantity over quality
Stop this fucking meme. This never had any basis because Pokemon designs are so subjective. Literally adding more new Pokemon will always have positive consequences because it increases the chances of having new fan favorites.

Also, we know you're lying. 80% of Unova's Pokes ranged from decent to good and you know it.
>>
>>29997992
I know man. Hoenn right after Johto sucks. They should have known better.
>>
>>29998986
Thats correct. At least UBs aren't slightly remixed older pokemon like Boufallant, Maractus, and Audino.
>>
>>29999485
Yep
Got me there
Yep
Got me again

>>29999774
>>29999546
If enough people are saying it to the point you consider it a meme, maybe its because the majority of people think Gen 5 is trash. Since it is.
>>
>>29999660
This

Then again Nintendo in general is overrated as fuck
>>
>>29999660
Than why are you even on this board?
>>
File: IMG_2200.png (162KB, 1147x423px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2200.png
162KB, 1147x423px
>>29997992
I have to explain this shit again? After the first three gens, where all the Pokémon were designed beforehand, we have had about 75 new mons, plus some gimmick. Gen 4 was the cross evos, 6 was megas, and 7 is Alola forms and arguably the UB's. Gen 5's gimmick was the "soft reboot" and totally new region with no old mons at all. It was a disaster, people are still bitching about Vanilluxe, Garbodor, and Klinklang lines, among others. They won't be doing that again. This is what Pokémon is, don't act fucking surprised.
>>
>>30000658
Likewise, I've also seen a lot of love for Gen 5. I've seen threads and commntx where nearly everyone was capable of listing 5-10 Pokemon they liked from it. Hell Gamefaqs is just one outlet, but it's interesting to note that Gen 5 wins BOTH best and worst Pokemon poll topics over there.
>majority thinks 5th Gen is trash
Not really. It's more like the vocal minority>silent majority deal.
>and it is
Stop lying to yourself, we all know you think there's more good in it than bad.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.