[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who finds this hilarious? Why do people, why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: kkk.png (167KB, 468x484px) Image search: [Google]
kkk.png
167KB, 468x484px
Am I the only one who finds this hilarious? Why do people, why google itself mistakes Ishihara for Taijri?

I mean, I feel like Satoshi killed himself a long time ago and everybody covered it up. When was the last time somebody photographed him? That guy is scared of any publicity, but I guess that's common for japan creators.
>>
>>29986782
Satoshi is the fella in the glasses, right? I have seen a ton Pokemon fan pages/sites mistake him a lot for Ishihara
>>
I want to befriend Satoshi.
>>
>>29986782
Arr rook same!
>>
File: 1465094112099.jpg (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1465094112099.jpg
15KB, 320x240px
>>29986782
>Yfw Tajiri is actually really cute.
>>
>>29986782
That 3rd pic is Tajiri from this year. He doesn't fucking age.
>>
>>29986782
>That guy is scared of any publicity, but I guess that's common for japan creators.

Actually, he straight up has autism. Not even joking. He hates being in the public eye because it makes him massively uncomfortable as part of his autism. He also washed his hands of Pokemon awhile ago when shit started going into it that he didn't have control over, probably also because of his autism. I kind of feel bad for the guy.
>>
File: Satoshi_Tajiri_2016.jpg (45KB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
Satoshi_Tajiri_2016.jpg
45KB, 639x960px
>>29988019
Okay, I say "Washed his hands", but he's actually the CEO of the company, in all fairness...

I guess what I mean is that he doesn't provide input on the games anymore.
>>
Dude works for 24 straight hours and then sleeps 24 hours, and has his office in Setagaya apparently. But he has washed off his hands from Pokémon
>>
>>29988084
That is not at all how I pictured him. Damn.
>>
>>29988019
>>29988084
>the guy who created Pokemon no longer wants anything to to do with Pokemon
holy shit
>>
>>29988084
he doesn't even look japanese
>>
>>29988285
Uh, yes he does
>>
>>29988084
Literally Asian James Rolfe.
>>
>>29988279
kinda sends gamefreak a fucking message, hell that probably explains why the games, storyline, and overall mechanics are absolute dogshit now
>>
>>29988279
>the guy who created Pokemon no longer wants anything to to do with Pokemon

That's not even true. First of all, he is the CEO of GameFreak, secondly he is credited as the executive producer for every game since Gen 3.
>>
>>29988279
AND IN 2016 IT ALL COMES TOGETHER
>>
I would engage in quiet autistic chill with Tajiri.

>you will never battle the creator of Pokemon itself
>>
>>29989625
His team probably consists of 6 Caterpie's
>>
>>29988084
>I guess what I mean is that he doesn't provide input on the games anymore.

I went to a Japanese Q&A with Masuda, Sugimori and Unno back in 2014 and someone asked about Tajiri. Masuda said he is still involved in the game but mainly does testing for the battle mechanics.
>>
>>29989706
That's actually amazing. Think about it, there's so many Pokemon, abilities, moves, items, Megas, Z moves, all kinds of shit that goes into a single turn. So far Tajiri's divine autism has been powerful enough to wrangle all these mechanics into a functional battle engine with only a couple relevant glitches (Gen 5 Sky Drop, Gen 3 Mimic) slipping through. Imagine the sheer amount of testing that goes into that.
>>
>>29989643
His ace would be a Poliwhirl
>>
>>29989192
Executive Producer is a nothing roll in games and movies. Literally there to make people feel good or to sell the idea that someone was involved when they had nothing to do with the game. He stopped being listed as having any real jobs in 3rd gen because RBGY was his baby, GSC was a sequel he didn't want to do but did and was okay with (even though it was pretty much the same thing a second time), and RSE was where he stopped taking a serious roll and gave the reigns over to other people because fuck this series it isn't his anymore. After RSE he said fuck everything I don't want to be a part of these games, they aren't what I imagined and they're getting too far away from my original vision. As

>>29989706

Put it: He tests battle mechanics. Which is probably code for "He's still a part of the company, but as far as the games go we just pay him to play them a bit and be done with them." He's not even the head of the Battle Mechanics division at GF for Pokemon. That's an entirely different guy.
>>
I really would love to see a detailed interview with Tajiri, or even read an autobiography. He seems like a pretty interesting guy.
>>
>>29988084
He's kind of handsome. I can see where he looks like anime Satoshi too.
>>
>>29990214

Namco did one a while back in 2011 I think with him about Pac man.
>>
>>29990294
Thanks, I'll check it out. Hopefully they'll be one with more focus on the creation of Pokemon and his bug catching childhood one day
>>
File: Shigeki_Morimoto.jpg (33KB, 396x583px) Image search: [Google]
Shigeki_Morimoto.jpg
33KB, 396x583px
>>29990120
>>29989858
I'm pretty sure the guy in charge of battle mechanics is actually Morimoto, his team is the one who keeps all the shit for battles going and tries to balance stuff every generation and then gets slapped across the face by meta game every single time.

Pretty sure Tajiri and his 'tism have nothing to do with serious battle mechanics or balancing. Once again, I think he does very little to nothing anymore in terms of touching the games.
>>
>>29990214
say no more senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBULijYK6wI&list=PLG1Rt8d61HcFlNldzIobElxJr4remaCXf

2004, but it's better than nothing
>>
>>29990815
Thanks dude! Exactly the kind of thing I had in mind.
>>
>>29990509
>Pretty sure Tajiri and his 'tism have nothing to do with serious battle mechanics or balancing. Once again, I think he does very little to nothing anymore in terms of touching the games.

I wasn't just randomly pulling theories out of thin air. I physically saw/heard Masuda say that Tajiri was involved in testing battle mechanics. There was a Q&A session in the Kyoto Pokemon Center sometime before TGS (Though it had no connection to TGS) called 'Focusing on the evolution of the Pokemon series' or something. It was streamed at the time (I don't think it was niconico) so you might be able to find some remnants of it online. I think it was supposed to be a big-ish event but only about 50 people were there and it was quite intimate.

The focus was on the future of Pokemon and was unsurprisingly average (Though there were some interesting infographics about the TCG that apparently were impressive), Sugimori said virtually nothing the whole time except when someone asked him something and he said that he wanted the future of the Pokemon games to be simpler and have less moves and items because there were so many duplicates (A sentiment he echoed in a translated interview around the same time/a bit later) Masuda nodded slightly but didn't say much to back him up which I thought was interesting.

Masuda reiterated that Pokemon was about communication first and foremost and that's where the main series will always go.

Tajiri was mentioned at the beginning when the Q&A started. Someone basically 'called out' (normal volume, they were very close) 'Where's tajiri-san?' (some people in the crowd laughed slightly, I think Sugimori smiled). Masuda said 'Tajiri-san is not with us today' then someone put their hand up and asked if he had any input in the games still. Masuda said (paraphrased) 'Tajiri still works with us, testing the battle mechanics and other things'.
>>
The more I hear about Tajiri the more he reminds me of Joe Shuster, the artist behind Superman.
>>
>>29989120
retard
>>
>>29991580

Continuing:

I wasn't under the impression that Tajiri has a specific job role in the battle system but I think he still supervises certain features of the game, I imagine most likely when Masuda and co get stuck on making decisions for certain features he is invited to give his input.

I know for a fact, for instance that he supervised a lot of FR/LG and also supervised the script for D/P.

He hasn't cut ties with GameFreak though, he mainly does talks about game design and recently won some awards for game design. Here's an interview with him, Sugimori and Masanobu Endo (The Tower of Druaga creator) in the GameFreak HQ from earlier this year about Xevious and how it influenced Game Freak in the early arcade days.

http://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/projectbook/xevious
>>
So what does he do now?
>>
>>29988019

He's still acting CEO of GF IIRC.
>>
>>29991930
Get his pockets filled by the cash his baby generated.
It's just like the Yu-Gi-Oh! creator, he only tried doing another manga after Yu-Gi-Oh! only for it to fail and him retiring.
>>
>>29992658
I wonder how rich he actually is? I'm presuming he still get's a nice cut of everything.
>>
>>29991580

>Tajiri-san is not with us today

Kimishima must've placed a hit on the guy.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.