[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen VII meta predictions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

File: 1479084404671.jpg (647KB, 1291x1303px) Image search: [Google]
1479084404671.jpg
647KB, 1291x1303px
Gen VII meta predictions?
>>
>>29977423
Mimikyu sucks
>>
>>29977489
>bullying Mimikyu
>>
Team of six Ultra Beasts excluding Cummlord or whatever it's name is
>>
No prioirity EVER
Bulky attackers
>>
>>29977489
>predict Z-Move
>Go, Mimikyu!
>Z-Move is wasted
>>
>>29977769
Sashed Mimikyu is the most tempting shit ever.
>>
>>29977769
Fuck, that would hurt. I'm sure Z Moves will still hurt through subs.
>>
>>29977803
You can faint Pokemon before they can use their Z move.
>>
File: 795.png (7KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
795.png
7KB, 256x256px
Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Leech Life

Planning on this for my VGC team, so I suppose it'll work for Singles too.
>>
Alolan Ninetales forces us to either run Alolan Ninetails or a Brick Break mon.
>>
>>29977840
>no protect
>>
File: 821.png (17KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
821.png
17KB, 256x256px
>Go, Tapu Bulu!
>even if opponent sends out a Tapu too, Bulu is slower, and its stays
>Lele becomes the beginner's trap, Bulu becomes the working man's Tapu

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grass Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 196 SpD / 60 Def
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature’s Madness
>>
>>29977895
I think the ranking will end up something like Fini > Bulu > Lele >>> Koko
All will still be widely used though.
>>
>>29977860
I'm admittedly very new to VGC. I ditched Smogon for good mid last gen, and with it came a loss of motivation to competitive at all. I'm gonna try and learn VGC this gen.

Is Protect so necessary on every single Pokémon?
>>
My VGC team is essentially turning Xurk into a giant plasma ball that vomits Thunders and kills everything. Not sure on the viability yet but a team with the right move sets and fuck all EV/IV is current tearing the shit out of Super Doubles Battles
>>
>>29977950
Switch Lele and Fini and we might be good
>>
>>29978074
I'm doing something similar. My whole team's not Xurkitree based, but I do have a Wide Guard Toxapex to bait and fizzle EQs, a Pelipper to come in and drop some rain, and I plan on giving my Xurkitree an Electrium Z in case I need the accuracy while rain's not out.
>>
Pheromosa instabanned to Ubers on Smogon, will plague Battle Spot and VGC as the speedy glass cannon it is.
The Tapus, especially Top Lel, will be a staple of current team comps, since they set up terrain and are also great in their own rights.
Mimikyu will sit comfortably in OU, since it's basically a M-Mawile/Sableye hybrid what with Disguise being so good. Multi-hit moves will rise to counter it.
Bewear will be a pretty decent tank. Maybe OU, maybe UU.
Wishiwashi might have a decent shot at OU.
Salazzle, A-Exeggutor will be UU, being alright for the generation but being outclassed by other options.
Pyukumuku will be the Shuckle of this generation, except with fewer Acupressure shenanigans. Pure taunt bait though.
A-Golem will see some experimentation due to Galvanize and Z-Explosion, among other things.
The starters probably won't get much momentum. UU/RU.
Trick Room will become even more popular since everything in Alola is slow as shit despite having otherwise decent stats.
Some UBs like Xurkitree will fall into low-tier OU. Others UU/NU, like Guzzlord.
>>
>>29978128
>Wishiwashi
What? That mon seemed so useless through my play through. It's ability was weird too, it would sometimes trigger when the fight started, sometimes halfway through the fight. If it was a straight evolution, sure, but once it's ability wears off it's just dead weight
>>
>>29977840
>running a 20 bp move

holy fuck you're a scrub never make a set here again
>>
File: LycanSmug.png (44KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
LycanSmug.png
44KB, 540x360px
>>29977852
Huh, maybe Lycanroc-D won't suck after all. Are you sure Brick Break effects Aurora veil?
>>
>>29978128
Pherosma will be useless in VGC. People will just run slow Tapus to counterract Lele and fuck Pherosma up with any decent priority attack.

Mimikyu will be UU, but usable in OU. Calling this now.

As for the starters, I expect decent UU shenanigans from Decidueye and Incineroar, but that paper thin defense will banish poor Primarina to NU.

You also fail to mention that every single team will have a Toxapex. OU, Ubers, VGC, you name it.
>>
>>29977998
It's not completely obligatory but it's really fucking good.
Most of the times you don't run it is because you outright can't (assault vest, choice items) or you really can't spare the moveslot. Leech Life is definitely not worth giving up protect.

>>29978169 (You)
>>
>>29978120
Mine is a Scarfed Xurk with Pelipper as a partner, with Tapu Koko and Garchomp as allies.

As it turns out a +1 Thunder STAB chunks shit hard and Xurk has just enough coverage in Signal Beam/Energy Ball/HP Ice to make the switch game a nightmare for the opponent.

I'm new to VGC Though, but the team works wonders so far.
>>
At least one Silvally form will make OU or at least BL.
Not sure which though.
>>
>>29978026
It isn't necessary on every single Pokemon, but it is very important on lots of them. Being able to protect while your partner KOs a threat, sets up TR/Tailwind, switches into a counter, etc etc is incredibly valuable. Usually the mons that you see not running protect fall into the categories of 1) bulky support 2) fake out leads 3) anything with choice scarf.

>>29978204
Toxapex will likely not be good in VGC.
>>
>itt stupid retarts who dont know anything about competitive pokemon
Literally end youreselfs
>>
>>29978169
I would call this an obvious bait, but considering that in the last weeks we've been swarmed by retarded newfags I can't tell the difference anymore.
>>
>>29978227
This will be my first gen doing VGC too. May our Xurks cross paths some day.

I'm planning on Toxapex and Xurkitree being my leads, with Toxapex being a Toxic, Scalding, Wide Guarding cancer machine, and Xurk being a Special Attacking fiend.

My planned backups are a Mimikyu to eat Z-Moves and adding in a touch of priority, a slow Tapu Bulu for anti-Tapu shenanigans, a Pelipper for boosts for my two leads, and a banded Scizor for some raw physical damage.
>>
Who's going to be the new redirect spammer in VGC? Clefable seems to be the only good one.
>>
>>29978610
Really just Clefairy/Clefable. Redirection on the whole might not be as good in this format though, given the relative scarcity of huge offensive threats
>>
>>29978662
What about Togekiss?
>>
>>29978662
Is clefairy or clefable better?
>>
>>29978856
I don't think it's in the Alola dex?

>>29978866
Depends on the team really, but personally I love Friend Guard so I use Clefairy more.
>>
>>29978856
>>29978946
Yeah Clefairy/Clefable are the only legal Follow Me users.
Though Parasect and Butterfree get Rage Powder, I guess?
>>
>>29978946
Togekiss is, I caught one two days ago.
>>
File: IMG_0553.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0553.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
Z moves banned from smogon
>>
>>29978204
>not knowing how the meta works
>>
>>29978998
Lucario is also legal, and Smeargle I guess. But all of those are fairly niche compared to Clefable.

>>29979000
Are you sure it's actually part of the Alolan regional dex though, not just a national dex mon that happens to be catchable? Because if so then every datamine I've seen was wrong lol
>>
>>29979059
Oh, nevermind on the Togekiss then.
>>
Vgc the team

Tapu gay gay
Best thing
Ub beauty
That weird spicky pupplr shit
Black poop
A legendary
>>
>>29978169
(You)
>>
>>29979018
This. The faggots at Smogon have no idea how to run a meta. They banned Baton Passing Speed because of collective butthurt.
I can easily see them banning Z-moves as """""over centralizing"""""
>>
Decidueye will likely prove to be a great threat in the top tiers of OU.
>>
>>29977797
Pretty good for Battle Tree, though eventually the trainers start conveniently running multi-hit moves.

Mimikyu @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Destiny Bond

I'd use Life Orb if I wasn't using it as a lead, since Hazards still break its Sash.
>>
>>29979171
Fucking this. Decidueye might even be suspected for Ubers. Too bad Incineroar and the seal will rot in the depths of PU, I can even see a new tier created just to contain those 2 garbage mons. (You) know what? Why the fuck wasn't Decidueye made into an Ultra Mega Beast? We all know he's just that bad ass. He can do fucking eveything. And his typing is so good, Ghost/Grass? Really GF you had to make a mon that can both wall and OHKO the entire Pokedex? And you made his aesthetic too perfect, an owl? Fucking based. And maybe even officially pair Decidueye with Gardevoir, we all know she wants the owldick. Fuck Pikachu as the mascot, replace that shit mouse with Decidueye. I mean, come on, he's an owl. Owl's eat mice. Fuck Pikachu. And his ability? HAHAHA fuck Ferrothorn, cuz Decidueye has a Long Reach, way fucking better then Magic Guard. Decidueye is where the moneys at. It took seven generations but they finally made a mon that's perfect.
>>
>>29979376
Do one for Icineroar.
>>
>>29977895
Can you get multiple Tapus?
>>
>>29979443
Fucking this. Incineroar might even be suspected for Ubers. Too bad Decidueye and the seal will rot in the depths of PU, I can even see a new tier created just to contain those 2 garbage mons. (You) know what? Why the fuck wasn't Incineroar made into an Ultra Mega Beast? We all know he's just that bad ass. He can do fucking everything. And his typing is so good, Firet/Dark? Really GF you had to make a mon that can both wall and OHKO the entire Pokedex? And you made his aesthetic too perfect, an tiger? Fucking based. And maybe even officially pair Incineroar with Gardevoir, we all know she wants the tigerdick. Fuck Pikachu as the mascot, replace that shit mouse with Incineroar. I mean, come on, he's an tiger. Tiger's eat mice. Fuck Pikachu. And his ability? HAHAHA fuck every Attack Stat, cuz Incineroar has a Intimidate way fucking better then any other ability. Incineroar is where the moneys at. It took seven generations but they finally made a mon that's perfect.
>>
File: 1476743310071.jpg (110KB, 591x640px) Image search: [Google]
1476743310071.jpg
110KB, 591x640px
>>29979376
>>29979508
good shit
>>
>>29977840
enjoy your 0-4 Premier Challenge stupid boy
>>
>>29977840
Mimikyu @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Pain Split

there, made it not shit
>>
>>29979636
>-Pain Split
>not shit
pick one
>>
Any good Alolan spike setters?
>>
>>29979658
It's a free hyper fang if you're sashed.
>>
File: 1479107207212.png (298KB, 418x394px) Image search: [Google]
1479107207212.png
298KB, 418x394px
>>29979171
Anon, I love Decidueye just as much as I love Araquanid and Lurantis and the other two starters, but I know this thing won't even hit OU. The most it will be is a niche mon in UU which will eventually drop in RU due to Dhelmise alongside the other two.
>>
Predictions on Tsareena?
>>
>>29980295
Citizen Kicks
>>
>UBers
Lunala, Solgaleo, Pheremosa and Kartana as quickbans.
Magearna, Marshadow and Xurkitree will leave eventually.

>OU
Every tapu, even fini. Celesteela, Guzzlord, Nihelgo, Buzzwole, Silvally (Normal, Ghost and Fairy), Minor until people learn how to outplay it, Bewear, Toxapex.

>UU
Kommo-o, Comfey, Golisopod, Mimikyu, Drampa, Primarina, Salazzle. Possibly, not garunteed, Dhelmise.

>RU
Decidueye (bulky defogger not weak to rocks with u turn yes please), Inciniroar, Ribombee, Lycanroc-Day, Mudsdale, Araqunid, Tasreena, Type;Null

>BL3
Vikavolt, Wishiwashi. Both just not up to RU but too hard hitting for NU.

>NU
Turtonator, Bruxish, Komala, Shiinotic, Oricorio, Toucannon.

>PU but good there
Lurantis (defogger with bulk and offence).

Rest are just irrelevant desu.
>>
File: ive seen some shit.jpg (9KB, 200x152px) Image search: [Google]
ive seen some shit.jpg
9KB, 200x152px
>>29980746
>primarina above incineroar and decidueye
>>
>>29980820
You're a bit special if you can't see water/fairy with scald being great in UU.
>p-paper thin defence!
80/76 isn't paper thin retardo.
>>
>>29980820
your owl is shit and is always going to be shit
>>
every bug type will be carrying leech life
>>
>>29978268
>stupid retards
>youreselfs
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.