[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do they make it so goddamn hard to catch the new mons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

why do they make it so goddamn hard to catch the new mons?
>>
>>29973522
because gamefreak is filled with hate after the pirating blunder of 2016
>>
>caught this little guy and replaced my Dartrix with it

Piece of shit owl.
>>
>>29973522
Because otherwise it would take you 5 minutes to get every non legendary gen 7 pokemon
>>
>>29973522
I've only failed twice out of a lot with quick balls
>>
>>29973568
>Added stuff to game out of hate for what was gonna happen to that game in the future
>>
because it's a god
>amazing physical coverage
>amazing ability that guarantees it'll set up
>amazing typing
>access to taunt, will-o-wisp, thunder wave
seriously, get ready for everyone to use a Mimikyu
>>
>>29973522

>Spent 2 hours trying to get one of these
>It was worth every second

The little rap won me over but he ended up being MVP in the Pokemon League.
>>
>>29973522
>Disguise
Most OP ability in history.
I used it as my ace and ran Shadow Sneak, Play Rough, Shadow Claw and Psychic on mine and it quite literally destroyed everything.
>>
>>29973968
>dragon tail breaks ability and avoids set up
>its fairy

They thought of everything...
>>
>>29973522
Where do you catch that?
>>
>>29975995
>weather can't break disguise either
You can almost smell the nerfs going to happen in the next gen
>>
>>29975912
Same set, but SD instead of Psychic
>>
I'm glad to hear Mimibro is so good compared to the other disappointments of this gen

Vikavolt....
>>
>>29976100
>like vikavolt a lot, plan on breeding for the shiny
>it's fucking shit

at least mimikyu is cool
>>
>>29976082
For my speedrun, Psychic punched holes in all of Team Skull's mons. I still have to find SD.
>>
File: 1478326505853.jpg (41KB, 500x308px) Image search: [Google]
1478326505853.jpg
41KB, 500x308px
>>29976100
>evolves near the end of the game
>doesn't have Volcarona stats
EXPLAIN THIS ONE TO ME GF
EXPLAIN.
>>
Does disguise stop status moves?
Like if you will o wisp a mimikyu with disguise intact, will it break the disguise and prevent the burn?
>>
>>29976163
nope, doesn't stop added effects as well. For example, Lava Plume won't damage you through the disguise but you can get burned

status effects, area traps, and weather can get you through the disguise but they don't break it
>>
File: 1478321557361.png (107KB, 400x540px) Image search: [Google]
1478321557361.png
107KB, 400x540px
The mimikyu love this thread, on another note who here caught Mareanie?
>>
>>29976222
I want one for Anger Point shenanigans but the thing refuses to appear
>>
File: 20161116_235819~01.jpg (1MB, 2795x2079px) Image search: [Google]
20161116_235819~01.jpg
1MB, 2795x2079px
It's like a Sableye and M-Mawile bundled up into one adorable package. You can run a (guaranteed) setup sweeper set or a taunter set and nobody can predict what it'll be. It also has a base speed of 96 plus priority SS, meaning it's gonna get the jump on most Alolamons on top of the guaranteed setup turn you get from Disguise (and you can also run focus sash too for an extra extra turn, if you want to be safe).

I could probably stand to switch up Leech Life for a different move, at least for this Adamant build since the health regeneration won't matter too much. Kinda wish it got U-turn. Gonna try some more builds with substitute, bulk up, and status effects.

>>29976052
Also, Sneaky Pebbles and other entry hazards won't break the Disguise either, though those do still pose a challenge to a Focus Sash build if you don't have any regen.
>>
>>29973522
They wanted to make it like yokai watch
>>
>>29976113
>Mimikyu
>good
>Vikavolt
>shit
>>
>>29976190
Oh, pointlessly lame, they should have just made it an active substitute
>>
>>29976420
Nice arguments there
>>
I hate how it doesn't find confidence in who it really is, takes off the drape, and is some badass spooked fairy under there. Why so many single stages?
>>
>>29976420
>sky
>blue
>water
>wet
>>
File: golisopod.png (23KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
golisopod.png
23KB, 256x256px
I WAS A WIMP BEFORE ANCHOR ARMS. NOW I'M A JERK AND EVERYONE LOVES ME
>>
>>29976420
Vikavolt has an unremarkable typing, mediocre defenses, and an abysmal speed stat. It's high SpA means nothing if it can't use it in time. It's a glass cannon without speed, meaning it's not worth shit. There's basically no reason to use it over Pheromosa, since the roach outclasses the beetle in basically every practical way and is perfectly legal in VGC and battle spot rulesets.
>>
>>29976695
As much as i like mimikyu we have to admit the designer was just lazy and the whole 'if you see my real form you might get cursed' is just an excuse.
>>
>>29976749
>mystery is lazy

Not everything needs to be spelled out for you
>>
>>29976695
I love mimikyu's design, so I'm pretty okay with it.
>>
>>29976759
Dont be naive.
>>
Am I too far from where it appears? I just beat Vikavolt totem.
>>
>>29976827
Don't be a dumbass. Mimikyu's design is fine as it is. If you knew what was underneath it'd be less interesting.
>>
>>29976829
Mimikyu is in the abandoned supermarket (AKA the ghost trial site). I think it's your next stop.
>>
>>29976873
Sweet. Why is everyone saying that it's hard to catch? Low encounter rate?
>>
>>29973968
Wait, it's good?
>>
>>29976957
Disguise is the best new ability to come out of this gen next to Merciless
>>
>>29976928
>Low encounter rate?
Yes. Just like everything new in this game
>>
>>29976985
Thank god. I was afraid of all the single stage gimmick mons being total shit.
>>
>>29976928
More or less. It wasn't that hard for me, but maybe I just got lucky with the encounter table.

You can't miss the fact that it's in the Abandoned Supermarket though, unlike other obscure Alolamon like Dhelmise. It's the goddamn totem Pokemon for the ghost trial there.

>>29976957
Swept the Battle Tree with it, can't wait to wreck shit with it in the Battle Spot.
>>
>>29976957
It's niche but it's top tier. Think Sableye but fast enough to outspeed anything bulky and even harder to damage.
>>
>>29977000
>Thank god. I was afraid of all the single stage gimmick mons being total shit.
I'm still mad about Pyukumuku, since I was hoping it would be a better Shuckle. Why the fuck does that thing even have an attack stat?
>>
>>29976728
How is that thing for a run off the mill in-game run? I initially wanted to use it but the ability turned me off.
>>
>>29976866
Maybe you should stop being so butthurt about someone commenting on a cartoon monster. Have you missed the part where i wrote i like it too? Doesnt change the fact it wouldnt be surprising if the designer didnt want to go any further with the concept than 'it is based on hawaii folklore and it looks like pikachu'.After all it is a game for kids, not everything has to be a genius concept that they intentionally leave for interpretation. Kids will just know it is cute and wants to look like pikachu.If you like the mystery part of it, ok, noone forces you to do otherwise. But the primal intention of the design should have been obvious for anyone that has played pokemon games before.
>>
>>29977005
What moveset did you use for Battle Tree?
>>
>>29977041
Decent typing, good physical attack and defense, slow as shit (fucking Golem can outspeed it) but it gets priority with Sucker Punch and Aqua Jet. Also has access to Swords Dance, which is always nice. There are certainly worse things to have on your team.
>>
>>29976728
got a better name for this guy than dorito?
>>
File: 1471783978800.jpg (35KB, 480x538px) Image search: [Google]
1471783978800.jpg
35KB, 480x538px
>>29977073
>stop being butthurt he says
>posts this wall of text
>>
>>29977132
Yes i find it funny i had to write that much for you to understand.
>>
>>29977081
See >>29976258
To be fair, the AI is dumb for a portion of the Battle Tree, but Mimikyu still pulled through on the trickier bits. It surprisingly bulked out a lot of the stuff thrown at it, which makes me think I might not need the sash and should just run substitute+leftovers or life orb or something.
>>
File: image.gif (143KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
143KB, 600x525px
>>29977089
Well, I think I'm going to go for it since my team needs an Ice resist badly. Thanks.

>>29977028
>find Pyukumuku
>d'awwwwww
>learn that it's some ungodly mix of Shuckle and Wobbuffet
>mfw
>>
>>29977153
You failed hard then since your opinion's pretty incoherent and you assume it's laziness that it didn't get a second form despite that missing the entire point of the thing.

>primal intention
>>
>>29977214
>I like mimikyu
>But i wont lie to myself that gamefreak just didnt want to make a quirky and cute mascot and didnt care if there was or wasnt something under the disguise. It is smart but still lazy.
How is that incoherent? It is like you wont accept anything seemly negative anyone says about his concept, which makes this discussion pointless.
>>
>>29977285
it's not even a complaint. you're assuming it's lazy just because there isn't a second form, even though statwise it's good enough that it doesn't need one.
>>
>>29977311
Yes it wasnt a complaint, just an assumption, based on what gamefreak did before. Someone complained why there is no second form and i wrote what i think could be the reason. Not every opinion has to be a complaint or a praise. At least you can agree there was no point in jumping on my post.
>>
File: 1477955539239.png (48KB, 229x330px) Image search: [Google]
1477955539239.png
48KB, 229x330px
>>29977397
You know what, you're right. I'm sorry for being antagonistic with you.
>>
>>29973522
Because GameFreak is a shit company.
>>
>>29977449
It's fine, in the end it is not too often that people come to an agreement on this board. Back to mimikyu cuteness.
>>
>>29977197
Pyukumuku certainly has more options than Wobbuffet (which would be hard not to do, really) and has a larger capability to deal damage with its ability and status effects. I'm not terribly happy with its HP but it's definitely workable. Seems like a valid option for setting up screens, rain/hail, and/or toxic among other things and also getting some damage in on your opponent too when they take it down. And of course, you can run counter/mirror coat for lulz if you want.

That said, it's the epitome of taunt bait, so that could really, REALLY hurt what effectiveness it has.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.